Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/)
-   -   The 2 BEST reasons to have the Workbox... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/mission-organization-256/2-best-reasons-have-workbox-460737/)

Disaster 09-26-2009 09:59 AM

The 2 BEST reasons to have the Workbox...

I have the BEST 2 reasons of all to win this organizational system.

These 2 reasons have names: Jake and Robin. Jake is an energetic 3 year old- enough said. Robin is 8 months old and has just started crawling and pulling herself up on things. These 2 delightful children have one common goal: DESTROY MOMMY'S CRAFT CORNER.

I have limited space for an entirely separate crafting room and therefore have a wee corner in the house that is unable to be closed in, boxed in, fenced in, or cornered off like all things should be when you have children of a small age.

Did you know that Staz On ink really does STAZ ON a child's head for at least 2 weeks despite continuous scrubbing?? :mad:

Did you know that the pretty scraps of Cosmo Cricket paper that you have been saving for an important project WILL end up being chewed on by a teething baby?

Did you know that the various files in the Basic Grey Precision file set are the perfect size to stick up a nose and dig boogers out of? :roll:

Did you know that the Copic blender marker can be used to (somewhat) blend in the smiley face your son has drawn on the cheek of his sister?

Did you know that a 3 year old can find a 12 pack of Doodlebug glitter no matter WHERE you have hidden it, and spread it from corner to corner in the house because he thinks rainbows are pretty??:twisted:

Did you know that stacking 10 or more Stampin' Up stamps gives your 8 month old endless fun, knocking them over and over?

Did you know that I once came home to Prima flowers ALLLLL over the house because Jake sprinkled the flowers about- "planting a garden"?? :cry:

Did you know that an All My Memories tote fits 54 Hot Wheels cars?

PLEAAASSSEE give me a crafting space of my OWN!!! No more messes, disasters or glitter covered children!!! I need something to put everything in and be able to close so my little monsters (I mean, darlings!!) can't get into it!! I would really, really like both of these kids to reach the age of 5, but the more they get into my stuff, the less that seems a reality... Please help me out!!!!

Disaster 09-26-2009 10:08 AM

I just want to point out that I really do love my children, and I'm just kidding on them reaching the ripe age of 5 years old... :)

Disaster 09-26-2009 10:48 AM

I will post pictures shortly of a few of the disasters I have encountered in my crafting area thanks to Jake and Robin.

alicaz 09-26-2009 10:52 AM

soo funny - I thought you were talking about my kids (~2 years ago) - now they are bigger (4 & 7) and they want to USE mommy's craft stuff (don't know what's worse) LOL!

Disaster 09-26-2009 12:32 PM

Jake and Robin don't limit themselves to only my craft corner, but there are no other contests currently out there that involve winning a bubble to keep my children in :)

GarnetJ 09-26-2009 12:45 PM

Enjoying your posts....

Disaster 09-26-2009 03:12 PM

Jake's new trick...pulling out all of my SU! punches and jamming them with paper so I have to use a knife to get all the scraps out...

eggette 09-27-2009 05:34 AM

Those sound like adorable grandchildren, I mean children! ;) - yes they are my grandchildren and I can vouch for the fact that the space is small.

I have no trouble finding your scrap space.....I just follow the trail of ribbon from the door to the bathroom to the laundry room through the bedrooms up the stairs down the stairs, that the kids have left - it eventually leads me to your little table in the corner!

dhaus 09-27-2009 06:11 AM

Love your posts! Good Luck! I suppose I was fortunate enough to not get into stamping until my kids were older and couldn't be bothered; although my 13 year old still tends to get into my "tools" and of course, either misplaces them or uses them for anything but what they were intended! (he's very creative)...lol

Disaster 09-27-2009 04:57 PM

Did you know that a Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise button fits up a 3 year old's nose PERFECTLY??

stamp bug 09-27-2009 05:12 PM

My darling monsters are beyond the age of destroying my craft stuff...now they like to join me and create cards of their own...thanks for the walk down memory lane of what used to be my life...

BettyBoop032004 09-27-2009 05:20 PM

Your 2 best reasons - sound like my 4 best reasons - 5 if you count my husband!

I can relate to you toddler tales!

My 8 yr old thinks that for every one thing I have she should have two - and I should find a place to store it. My 4 yr old thinks that every available surface should be stamped on with whatever stamp I am using (while I am not in the room) and the twins think spit-up is the new way to mix watercolors. Oh and DH - when he doesn't know where something goes - it goes into the craft room and the door gets closed - he figures it will be awhile before I get in there and may not realize it was him who put it there!

Jen Slater 09-27-2009 06:07 PM

Good luck to you! Love the humor of your posts!

Disaster 09-28-2009 03:45 AM

Did you know that the handle of a Cropadile doubles as a teething tool for an 8 month old?

Karen Jo 09-28-2009 06:19 AM

Sure sure. I see where you understand advertising. Cute, adorable kids and babies sell things .... Not this time sistah! I want, need, crave, have to have the organizer. I'm certain that it's meant for me ... bwhaa haaa haa (evil laugh) ... you'll have to step up your game to get this one ........

Disaster 09-28-2009 08:01 AM

Did you know that the SU! Forever Flowers Stampin Around wheel actually looks pretty neat when rolled in Play Doh?? (Don't tell Jake that one because he might try it again...)

stampintlt 09-28-2009 02:35 PM

Hey, I know all about the hidden monsters within our children! :) You don't even know what it is like until your kids become teens!! I wish I could go back to when my kids were the ages of yours! Life was so simple.... feed them, clothe them, love them..... now, it is worry about school, self esteem, activities, depression, ADHD, anxiety, aughhhhh! I wish you lots of luck with your quest, both with the kids and the scrapbox. My best advice as far as the kids go, is to love them and enjoy them because the time goes so fast and you can't get that time back! Take care, Terrica

Disaster 09-28-2009 06:03 PM

Did you know that (THANKFULLY!!!!!) the Purple Cow paper trimmer will NOT slice off a 3 year old's fingers?? Ohhhhh that one gave me a grey hair or two! This is why I need a space I can close up! Unless any can make me a 10 foot across baby gate that can't be climbed?? Nah...I'll just take the Workbox, thanks!

Disaster 09-29-2009 05:15 AM

All you mommies out there with young ones I"m sure can relate and feel my pain. That's why the Workbox is so important to me!! It will ensure no further crafting disasters, AND that my children will not forever be covered in glitter and glue! :)

Disaster 09-29-2009 10:17 AM

It's either lock up the craft supplies, or lock up the children folks...And my kids are crossing their fingers that Mommy wins the Workbox!!

(only kidding on locking my children up of course...)

Disaster 09-30-2009 04:07 AM

Did you know that any sort of Nestabilities can be used in a pinch for a game of mini-horseshoes?? All fun and games until Mommy discovers they are bent and unusable!!! GRRRR!!

NANCYRUTH 09-30-2009 04:18 AM

oh my gosh this is too funny, you have a very strong case here! But I am going to try too and my *babies* are all grown up and 3000 miles away, sniff sniff! Good luck to you!!!

Disaster 10-06-2009 06:15 AM

Did you know that the Ellison Big Shot will pinch little fingers when they are trying to 'help' mommy? (very sad!) :( This is why it will be great to store it out of the way...

Disaster 10-09-2009 09:09 AM

Sorry folks, I don't get the chance to post here much because I've been SOOOO busy cleaning up my crafting corner, putting away all the messes my little ones have made...*sigh* All that time I could have been creating away...instead I've been picking up, organizing and putting away the many many things Jake and Robin get into. If only I had the Workbox...

thumbunny 10-09-2009 06:58 PM

Marcie,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!

Disaster 10-10-2009 12:14 PM

Why I craft?
Why don't I!? It brings me such joy, not to mention a stress relief! I wake up in the morning hoping I'll have even just 10 minutes to tinker away in my tiny corner. I craft because that is what I know how to do...when other things don't seem to fall in place, I just have to get out my paper, scissors and glue, and all those other things do not matter any more!!

What you do with your completed handcrafted projects?
Well, my favourite thing to do is to give them to friends and family. I love seeing their face when they receive a handcrafted card or gift! My scrapbook pages I keep for myself to treasure memories forever. Other projects you will find on my walls, hanging off doorknobs, or on my desk at work!

What the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
The baby albums I created for each of my children have had the biggest impact on me! I love looking through them to see how they have grown. Also, a scrapbook myself and my family made for my grandmother had a big impact on her...she cried!