Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subscribing

subscribing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi there!

I've got mostly 2-page 12x12 spreads on my blog. It's the 2nd link after my name. Most of my spread have between 6-12 pictures. I do have some with less and a couple with more. I have more I will be uploading, but maybe you can get some more ideas here.

Have a delightful day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakjView Post
If you go to the jpg archives there are photos of pages done with the sketches. I LOVE Becky Fleck's sketches! She's even got a book coming out this year too!
If you haven't purchased a copy of Becky Fleck's book, I highly recommend it. It's full of amazing sketches and finished pages and includes a great little set of reference 'cards' you can take with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing... I am working on my first scrapbook and I like to use more than 1-3 pictures on a layout. I take so many pics that it is ridiculous at times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sac79View Post
subscribing... I am working on my first scrapbook and I like to use more than 1-3 pictures on a layout. I take so many pics that it is ridiculous at times.
I feel the same way. My gallery has my first scrapbook album and I hardly have pages with one or 2 pics. I always have my camera with me and try to capture every moment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

great ideas! I have always scrapped "from my gut" and used lots of pics and simple layout and embellies, with lots of journaling. Last year I decided to use all the latest techniques, 1 or 2 pics on a page, really decorated pages. It took me forever and while some pages I am happy with, it IS NOT my favorite album! So this year I've gone back to my "old" way. Thanks for the inspiration on this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

I print most of my pictures out with Picassa a free down load from Google; that way I can print them any size I want; I like to print them in the 3.5 x 5 size. You use to be able to order them in that size but not any more and you can fit 3 horizontal side by side on a 12 x 12 page ans 4 up and down. I also like to print them out in wallet size to put into my 8x8 albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Here's one with lots of ideas to try!

http://scrapbookersshortcuts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmacaView Post
Here's one with lots of ideas to try!

http://scrapbookersshortcuts.com
I only saw where you had to buy it to see it...Are you the seller of this book?

My big problem with the books showing "lots of pictures" is that a LOT of them are TINY. I RARELY can crop a picture smaller than 3.5x3.5, and I am not printing my pictures at home so I can't adjust the sizes like the designers are doing. Obviously, you are limited by space but I'd like to see more ideas with more normal size photos on them.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
I only saw where you had to buy it to see it...Are you the seller of this book?

My big problem with the books showing "lots of pictures" is that a LOT of them are TINY. I RARELY can crop a picture smaller than 3.5x3.5, and I am not printing my pictures at home so I can't adjust the sizes like the designers are doing. Obviously, you are limited by space but I'd like to see more ideas with more normal size photos on them.
No, I'm not the seller (that's a different jen ), but I do have some layouts in the book. Most of the pictures aren't cropped small. And the ones that are cropped aren't weird sizes. Most of the LOs are 2 page spreads, so even with 8-10 photos, they they don't have to be tiny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #51  
Inking Addict

Smile Multi-photo layout ideas

I teach a scrapbooking class once a month and post pictures of the layouts on my blog. Most of the pages I design have places for many photos. You can see them by following the link below. Enjoy!

Scrappy Mama Scrapbook Layouts

Catch up on your Scrapbooking with Scrappy Mama
Making Time for Creativity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:07 AM   #52  
Forum Fanatic

Cute layouts Gretchen, I like how you used lots of stamping! Do you use the craft ink and/or emboss, or do you not worry about that?

Believe it or not, most of my layouts have more pictures than yours (you had a few with lots of pictures though)! Lately I am trying to discipline myself to take fewer pictures so I am able to make some layouts with a reasonable number of pictures : )

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #53  
Forum Fanatic

Here is another example I uploaded, although I did use the same basic layout as a previous upload (it's in a different album so I don't think anyone will notice the repeat)--different papers etc. of course
I don't know if you can tell, but all the little silver/gray cutouts are images from Toy Box (plane & car) because this was an amusement park; I embossed the images with silver EP on Basic Gray paper and cut them out

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #54  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Cute layouts Gretchen, I like how you used lots of stamping! Do you use the craft ink and/or emboss, or do you not worry about that?

Believe it or not, most of my layouts have more pictures than yours (you had a few with lots of pictures though)! Lately I am trying to discipline myself to take fewer pictures so I am able to make some layouts with a reasonable number of pictures : )
I mostly use dye ink that is acid free from Stampin' Up!, mainly because I don't have the patience to wait for pigment ink to dry or get my embossing stuff out. I've been scrapbooking this way for about 10 years not and haven't had any problem with the inks fading.

I agree that one of the hardest parts of scrapbooking is narrowing down my photos to fit on a page!

Catch up on your Scrapbooking with Scrappy Mama
Making Time for Creativity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 AM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Hi ladies! I stumbled on to this thread and have book marked several links:mrgreen: Thanks. You might also try the card deck that Club Scrap has. I bought it when it came out and use it frequently for inspiration on my pages. I am just getting into stamping and card making as an offshoot of my scrapping habit...(You have to find something to do with all the scraps of wonderful paper you cant throw away) So I dont have any pics to show you. Scrapbook Memories on PBS has had a few shows using pictures from CD proof sheets to get up to 50 pics on a page... I think its episode 604
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Has anyone ever done the Waterfall card technique on a scrapbook page? Got any tips or pictures I can see?

I did an ABC party for my sons and made a cupcake representing each letter. That's 26 pictures to include PLUS all the usual party pictures. It's overwhelming to say the least. I already have 4 pages in the layout (I know!) and I'm only half done with the party! I tend to do multi page spreads for my parties anyway, but good gracious. I have 26 morepictures to include!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

I haven't done a waterfall (great idea though!) but I have seen a mini album done on a page (so you flip through the stack that's all in one spot, like an album)...but another thing I would do is make the pictures a lot smaller, if they are all just of the cupcakes. Maybe just do one lo of all the cupcakes, filling the whole page with the pictures. Then your other lo's would be the rest of the party? Just a thought!
HTH

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #59  
Compulsive Stamper

Wink Lots of pictures

Hello, hope this helps as well, I was in Vegas and took 847 pictures. My book is huge, but I started playing with my printer. Instead of printing all my pictures 4 x 6 and having to cut them I change the print size to either 3 x 3 or 3 x4 and so on and that way I can use more pictures on a page and when I do cut I don't loose the important things in the picture. Some pictures you have to have big for sure, but some you just want to have on the page and no room. I also love ctmh Cherish and Image books. They have great layout ideas and use lots of pictures. I used 14 pictures on one double page. Try the printing different sizes, it really makes things easier. Hope this helps.

And you all have great ideas and links, thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lizette1View Post
I think that there's lots to see at SCS but there's another site that has a few too. http://www.pagemaps.com/ I don't think they have any examples that are finished, I think they just have sketches.
Just recently (don't know if someone answered this since I looked at a few of replies only) they started adding examples with the sketches. I found it in the current one but haven't checked earlier than that. I mean, the time I went there. It has been a while. I printed the pdfs for easy reference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiles4mom5View Post
Hello, hope this helps as well, I was in Vegas and took 847 pictures. My book is huge, but I started playing with my printer. Instead of printing all my pictures 4 x 6 and having to cut them I change the print size to either 3 x 3 or 3 x4 and so on and that way I can use more pictures on a page and when I do cut I don't loose the important things in the picture. Some pictures you have to have big for sure, but some you just want to have on the page and no room. I also love ctmh Cherish and Image books. They have great layout ideas and use lots of pictures. I used 14 pictures on one double page. Try the printing different sizes, it really makes things easier. Hope this helps.

And you all have great ideas and links, thanks.
Where do I do that? I don't know how to print pictures from my computer but for the wizard and it just asks how many I want and which size and prints them all in the same size. (And make those pre-chosen sizes).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Wow those were very useful
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #63  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianets7View Post
Where do I do that? I don't know how to print pictures from my computer but for the wizard and it just asks how many I want and which size and prints them all in the same size. (And make those pre-chosen sizes).
I have only used the wizard myself, but you can do wallet or index print sizes with that at least.
I don't normally print my own pictures, though, so the idea of making them smaller doesn't really work for me. I just have to crop them after printing. Most places will let you print 2 wallets on a 4x6 though (at Wal Mart it's even for the same price as a 4x6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 03:44 AM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I have only used the wizard myself, but you can do wallet or index print sizes with that at least.
I don't normally print my own pictures, though, so the idea of making them smaller doesn't really work for me. I just have to crop them after printing. Most places will let you print 2 wallets on a 4x6 though (at Wal Mart it's even for the same price as a 4x6)
Thanks! I need to check in our Walmart! Where I print them 4X6 are between $.15 and $.19 but once I ordered wallet sized and they were printed in 4X6 and they charged me $.99 for that one. That was a crime! I know of an online download you can get for free to resize photos. It is good! But I don't know how to use it right so my pictures fit really in the desired size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianets7View Post
Thanks! I need to check in our Walmart! Where I print them 4X6 are between $.15 and $.19 but once I ordered wallet sized and they were printed in 4X6 and they charged me $.99 for that one. That was a crime! I know of an online download you can get for free to resize photos. It is good! But I don't know how to use it right so my pictures fit really in the desired size.
Yeah, it seemed like if I clicked on "wallet size" it WAS more, but I was able to print 2 wallets on the same 4x6 for whatever it was at the time (either 15 or 22cents)...but I can't remember how I did it that way exactly, sorry!
Also, there's no rule that your picture has to fill up the whole 4x6...so you could crop your photo to 3x4, for example, and when you print it in the 4x6 size just make sure the 4" is going up & down across the short direction, so there's 3" of white space on the sides (if that makes any sense without a picture??)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #66  
Embossing Fanatic

Do any of you use Picasa3? It is a freebie from Google.
http://picasa.google.com/
The newest version has a collage feature that I LOVE. You can choose the pictures you want and the software will create a collage for you. I have put 20 photos in an 8 x 10 collage and it prints out as one block. LOVE this software! There are other sizes of photo sizes too. This way I use a lot of photos, but I only have to scrap 1. (Is this cheating?)
You can also print photos to any size you want to. Set sizes or custom ones. If you burn the to a CD you can take them somewhere to have them printed out if you dont have the capapbility of printing at home.
I sound like a Picasa commercial. I really like this program!

Scrapbooks ETC has sketches on thier website too. I love sketches!

Last edited by lfactor; 01-15-2009 at 10:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #67  
Embossing Fanatic

I posted earlier when at work and I knoew I had a site bookmarked on my home computer. Here is a BLOG that is dedicated to multi-photo LOs. HTH!
http://www.scrapbooklayouts.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #68  
Embossing Fanatic

Subscribing! I am always looking for ideas for layouts that use more than 1-3 pics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #69  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the ideas! I don't like to use just one or two pictures per layout. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #70  
Compulsive Stamper

Try this web site, I get alot of ideas from this one. www.scrapmap.com
they have sketches up to 4 or 5 pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #71  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryl1972View Post
Hello everyone

I am new to scrapbooking. I am finding lots of scrapbook sketches however they only have 1 - 3 pictures. I am looking for some examples with multiple pictures in the layouts. Please help if you can.
I KNOW! I am with you. I like to get lots of photos on a page if it tells the right story. My photos are the center piece, not my work. I get that out with my cards. I just like to enhance the photos, group them, and give some direction and a little eye candy for viewing. I get so annoyed when I only see layouts with one big 5x7 photo, which I don't have a plethora of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

I struggle with using lots of photos because I am generally a 1 page spread scrapper. I have a hard time transitioning to two pages. Here is a page that I did using 7 photos:
So Very Thankful

I have seen a ViewMaster technique used for pictures, though I haven't tried it. I've also seen a page using the Explosion technique that I have usually seen on cards. The piece opens up to reveal lots of space for extra pictures.

I have to check out Picassa...it sounds like it could really be helpful. I don't print at home so I thought this wasn't an option but if I can copy the file and get it printed, that would be great. I'd love to have the option to print wallet sized pics without having to order a sheet of 4 of the same like I have to do with Kodak Gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #73  
Cardstock Collector

i would google card sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #74  
Cardstock Collector

yep
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

I don't have sketches of my pages but i do have a bunch of scrapbook pages on my blog that have multiple pictures. I too always have multiple pictures of events.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #76  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebekah JensenView Post
I don't have sketches of my pages but i do have a bunch of scrapbook pages on my blog that have multiple pictures. I too always have multiple pictures of events.
Your link did not work (said page does not exist?) but I went to your homepage, and I love how you did the ocean photos with the people ones on top!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

Hmmm. I'm not sure why the link didn't work, it's working okay for me. I'm sorry about that! Thanks for vising my blog though! If anyone else has trouble, you can go to my home page www.stampthat.com and then click on the Scrapbooking category to see scrapbook pages.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #78  
Cardstock Collector

wonderful ideas!!
Thank you to all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

Here's one I just did:

Way to GROW! by flowerbugnd1 at Splitcoaststampers
My SU Website
My Blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #80  
Inking Addict

A very seasoned talented scrapper pointed me in the direction of Becky Higgins Creative Sketches knowing that I had lots of pictures and wanted lots on pages - not just 2 or 3. I find that if you turn it upside down, sideways, etc., you got tons of ideas. I'm a newbie and this has been a great help for me. She also recommended I take my pictures into Printshop (a 9.99 program) crop them to the square shape, and then I can resize them all the same to fit.
Reply With Quote Likes