Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas needed - scrapbook for Noah, my stillborn baby

Hello Ladies,

I'm looking for some ideas. I've finally purchased a scrapbook and some background paper (12 x 12) for my baby Noah, born still 9/28/07.

I want the first few pages to be of pictures for Memorial weekend last year. This is when I knew that I was pregnant. I got a positive test the following Tuesday I believe.

I have just 2 ultrasound pictures of Noah alive. I also have 2 ultrasound pictures of him from the day we learned that he had died. I want to include these as well. It was a horrible day, yet the story must be complete.

I have a collection of photos that have been touched up by an amazing woman from Australia. I treasure these photos of Noah so much.

I have the Remembrance card that I made and sent out to family and friends to remember Noah on his due date. I also sent little hearts made of seed embedded paper. I will include pictures sent back to me of the seeds planted and growing.

We had a balloon release at the beach while vacationing in FL on his due date.

I know that I will have more things to add that make me think of him or that are done in his memory.

So, has anyone created a scrapbook for a stillborn? I would love any ideas you may have and would love to see pictures of your pages if you are willing to share.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Noah's Website
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Default Your scrapbook

First of all, I'd like to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family for your sudden loss. I have never scrapbooked a baby book, as I do not have children yet, but I have lost both my parents, and I have made small memory albums for myself and my brothers and sister. Because you don't have many pictures of Noah, I encourage you to include journaling-your thoughts and dreams and hopes when you first learned you were pregnant to the deepest, saddest feelings you had when you discovered Noah's passing. You can always hide the journaling too if you're not so sure you want other people reading it yet. Maybe you could ask the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc to include their thoughts as part of the journaling. I've included poems, song lyrics to correspond with some pictures as well. I used soft colors, but of course choose any colors you like. I made an explosion box of my father...it was more of a happy theme as they are all pictures of him at my wedding last year, but it was just enough to provoke the feeling I wanted. I think Noah's scrapbook will be a beautiful remembrance...few people met him, but he had a huge impact to this world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

thank you for your sympathy. it has been horrible, to say the least. but we will and are surviving.

i'm so sorry for you for the death of your parents. i cannot imagine.

thank you for sharing what you have created for your parents. it all sounds lovely.

i can imagine all of the pages kind of except for the pages of his birth. i was thinking about it last night. and i think the title will be Noah's Birth Day. For that's what it was. Just not how we wanted it. and the pages will be somber, not happy. i'll just have to take my time. this will be very emotionally draining yet theraputic, as i'm sure the books for your parents have been for you.

thank you so much for sharing your story with me.

hugs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lzinitiView Post
First of all, I'd like to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family for your sudden loss. I have never scrapbooked a baby book, as I do not have children yet, but I have lost both my parents, and I have made small memory albums for myself and my brothers and sister. Because you don't have many pictures of Noah, I encourage you to include journaling-your thoughts and dreams and hopes when you first learned you were pregnant to the deepest, saddest feelings you had when you discovered Noah's passing. You can always hide the journaling too if you're not so sure you want other people reading it yet. Maybe you could ask the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc to include their thoughts as part of the journaling. I've included poems, song lyrics to correspond with some pictures as well. I used soft colors, but of course choose any colors you like. I made an explosion box of my father...it was more of a happy theme as they are all pictures of him at my wedding last year, but it was just enough to provoke the feeling I wanted. I think Noah's scrapbook will be a beautiful remembrance...few people met him, but he had a huge impact to this world.
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Smile Ideas for noah

I am also working on a baby book for my daughter who was stillborn on dec 26 1998.In my album I have a lot of poerty and also a few pics that the hospital had taken for us her braclet and a lock of her hair her ultrasound pics and her foot prints as you know I don't have a whole lots from her cause10 years ago they really didn't give you anything to remind you of that child but like I said when I lost anyssa I was so alone in side I would searh the net day and night for explainations but never found any so what I did find was pages and pages of stories similar to mine and poems that helped me threw my grief so what I am doing is doing a ablum on poems that helped me threw my grief I would love to help you and maybe share some of them with you if you would like it has been 10 years for me in dec and it still hurts and I miss her deeply but having this album does help lot hen I am having a bad day I pull it out and read and cry and feel so close to her even though she ain't here anymore if you would like some of the stuff I have found please let me know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

(((hugs to you)))

i'm so sorry to hear that your sweet anyssa was stillborn. The pain never does go away, does it. I think we just get stronger and are able to shoulder it more. I would love to share stuff and poems and things. poetry and songs can be so comforting when going through the grief that we have. huge really!

i also wanted to share the online support group i'm on. i think it is just an amazing place. there are women who have lost babies recently and some decades ago. it's www.missfoundation.org. i'm in the Main Parental Bereavement Forum as jelyp1073.

hugs and I look forward to getting to know you more,
jen

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelwhispers-98View Post
I am also working on a baby book for my daughter who was stillborn on dec 26 1998.In my album I have a lot of poerty and also a few pics that the hospital had taken for us her braclet and a lock of her hair her ultrasound pics and her foot prints as you know I don't have a whole lots from her cause10 years ago they really didn't give you anything to remind you of that child but like I said when I lost anyssa I was so alone in side I would searh the net day and night for explainations but never found any so what I did find was pages and pages of stories similar to mine and poems that helped me threw my grief so what I am doing is doing a ablum on poems that helped me threw my grief I would love to help you and maybe share some of them with you if you would like it has been 10 years for me in dec and it still hurts and I miss her deeply but having this album does help lot hen I am having a bad day I pull it out and read and cry and feel so close to her even though she ain't here anymore if you would like some of the stuff I have found please let me know
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default scrapbook for noah

One sugguestion for a song I have is called My name by geroge canyon it is a song about a stillborn baby you ill love it I cry everytime I hear it.It is a country song take a listen and let me know what you think I have the song as my titlepage in anyssa's album
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

I've not heard that song yet. I will have to find it and give it a listen. We take great comfort in a song written by Michael W Smith. I believe it's called Hello, Goodbye. It's about a baby boy named Noah who dies at or around his birth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelwhispers-98View Post
One sugguestion for a song I have is called My name by geroge canyon it is a song about a stillborn baby you ill love it I cry everytime I hear it.It is a country song take a listen and let me know what you think I have the song as my titlepage in anyssa's album
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. My son Braeden Christopher was stillborn full term on August 25th 2003. You will never ever forget and Noah will always be a special part of your family! As time goes by life does get easier but still everyday I think of Braeden but not always with the sad feelings like I did when we first lost him but with a smile knowing now how much he touched our lives! We held an angel in our arms!

I did make a scrapbook of Braeden and it was huge in helping me to deal with my loss. I was able to really put a visual project together of what I was feeling and it was also important for me to share that with others so that they were able to know just what we were going through! I found that I had a hard time with others knowing just how huge our loss was. In the scrapbook I put the small amount of pictures that we had taken of him, poems that I found about stillborn babies, pictures of me pregnant with him, and in craft stores they have lots of scrapbooking stickers that are appropriate for our situations lots of clouds and angels. I found that it was difficult to look through the stickers to choose the perfect ones but the project kept me busy and helped to heal my heart.

We too have a balloon release every year on his birthday! It is their birthday and important for friends and family to recognize that day! Our entire family and close friends get together for a huge balloon release at the cemetery and then cupcakes~~sometimes I write a little poem to read and sometimes we just sing Happy Birthday! It helps me every year to see that Braeden touched more lives than just my husband and mine and to see how much he was loved!

If you need somebody to listen I would love to hear your story~~ I know how hard it is and I am so sorry that you are going through this. This first year is the hardest and i do promise it does get easier~~you won't forget and your memories of sweet Noah will always be there and you will always remember your dreams for him. he touched your lives and that will never be forgotten he will always be your little angel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Krumdow,

Thank you for replying to my post. I too am so sorry for the death of your son Braeden Christopher. It's good to know that it does get easier. I'm ready for easier that's for sure.

Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful. Aren't balloons the neatest things? I feel like they can just reach all the way up "there" sometimes. I watch them until I can't see them anymore.

Do you share your scrapbook for Braeden with others? If so, I'd love to see some pictures. I'm going to start with Mother's Day. I have all of the journaling, titles, and words figured out. I know what pictures I want to use too. I just need to do it. Maybe tomorrow, right?

Please PM or email me anytime. I'd love to chat more.

Hugs,
Jen

Quote:

Originally Posted by krumdowView Post
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. My son Braeden Christopher was stillborn full term on August 25th 2003. You will never ever forget and Noah will always be a special part of your family! As time goes by life does get easier but still everyday I think of Braeden but not always with the sad feelings like I did when we first lost him but with a smile knowing now how much he touched our lives! We held an angel in our arms!

I did make a scrapbook of Braeden and it was huge in helping me to deal with my loss. I was able to really put a visual project together of what I was feeling and it was also important for me to share that with others so that they were able to know just what we were going through! I found that I had a hard time with others knowing just how huge our loss was. In the scrapbook I put the small amount of pictures that we had taken of him, poems that I found about stillborn babies, pictures of me pregnant with him, and in craft stores they have lots of scrapbooking stickers that are appropriate for our situations lots of clouds and angels. I found that it was difficult to look through the stickers to choose the perfect ones but the project kept me busy and helped to heal my heart.

We too have a balloon release every year on his birthday! It is their birthday and important for friends and family to recognize that day! Our entire family and close friends get together for a huge balloon release at the cemetery and then cupcakes~~sometimes I write a little poem to read and sometimes we just sing Happy Birthday! It helps me every year to see that Braeden touched more lives than just my husband and mine and to see how much he was loved!

If you need somebody to listen I would love to hear your story~~ I know how hard it is and I am so sorry that you are going through this. This first year is the hardest and i do promise it does get easier~~you won't forget and your memories of sweet Noah will always be there and you will always remember your dreams for him. he touched your lives and that will never be forgotten he will always be your little angel!
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Jen,

It is amazing what balloons can do for you! Usually we even send little messages tied to the ends of the balloons to send up to Braeden in heaven! I put little tags in the invitations I send to invite people to join us! The funny thing is we also had a lagging balloon that bounced around for a long while after the 39+ had already floated away! I know that was his way of saying he's watching out for us and that we will all be okay! It also is a great way for me to keep his spirit alive and a way to help my daughters know they have a big brother in heaven that is there own little angel~~Braeden was my first child but I want my two girls to know how special he is and what a huge part of our family he will always be even though he is not here!
I do share my scrapbook with others almost every year when I add the new birthday pictures and would love to share with you~~I just have to figure it out! It was my first try at scrapbooking so it is very simple more like just putting pictures in an album with sayings but all the same a great memory book for me! I also keep a journal that now I only write in on his birthday and Christmas but in the first year it helped me a lot to write down my feelings and to see how much I had grown. It also helped to see how crazy I was and to know that things were looking up when the later entries weren't quite so sad.
The site you have for Noah is amazing and I am so happy for you that you have such a wonderful support system! and yes!!there is always tomorrow! try not to be hard on yourself about putting time limits on things~~don't let people rush you. There will be those that will feel like you should hurry up and get over it and get better and people that will say you need to stop being so sad~~don't listen to them!! Take time for yourself!

I'll see what I can get together to show you! I would love to chat more!

katy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

A friend of mine is doing the same thing for her daughter's 2nd birthday. She died of SIDs at 5 months and 8 days old. so sad

we tried to add notes, but the balloons wouldn't float. did you get special balloons or anything to help them to float better/faster? i know that you can get some kind of extension stuff sprayed into them. i think i'll do that next time.

i have taken pics of other scrapbook pages and cards and uploaded them here to my gallery. or you could email pictures to me if you don't want to share with everyone.

i've got a journal as well for noah and my thoughts. i've not used it as much as i should. i've just recently started trying to write daily rather than when i'm in the Pit or on a special day. seems to help. and i know that one day looking back it will help to see how far i've come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krumdowView Post
Jen,

It is amazing what balloons can do for you! Usually we even send little messages tied to the ends of the balloons to send up to Braeden in heaven! I put little tags in the invitations I send to invite people to join us! The funny thing is we also had a lagging balloon that bounced around for a long while after the 39+ had already floated away! I know that was his way of saying he's watching out for us and that we will all be okay! It also is a great way for me to keep his spirit alive and a way to help my daughters know they have a big brother in heaven that is there own little angel~~Braeden was my first child but I want my two girls to know how special he is and what a huge part of our family he will always be even though he is not here!
I do share my scrapbook with others almost every year when I add the new birthday pictures and would love to share with you~~I just have to figure it out! It was my first try at scrapbooking so it is very simple more like just putting pictures in an album with sayings but all the same a great memory book for me! I also keep a journal that now I only write in on his birthday and Christmas but in the first year it helped me a lot to write down my feelings and to see how much I had grown. It also helped to see how crazy I was and to know that things were looking up when the later entries weren't quite so sad.
The site you have for Noah is amazing and I am so happy for you that you have such a wonderful support system! and yes!!there is always tomorrow! try not to be hard on yourself about putting time limits on things~~don't let people rush you. There will be those that will feel like you should hurry up and get over it and get better and people that will say you need to stop being so sad~~don't listen to them!! Take time for yourself!

I'll see what I can get together to show you! I would love to chat more!

katy
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

My heart is with everyone who has posted that they have lost a child. I understand your pain and loss. I delivered a stillborn 11 years ago and can still remember every detail of that hospital stay; the colors, the room, the smells, the faces, the noises.

I have never thought to scrapbook the items that I have filed in a manilla folder. I don't have much, so I think an 8 1/2 x 11 or even 6 x 6 would be enough for me. Maybe this way it will help explain to my boys what happened. My youngest, who is 8, wants to know why I have a folder with his name misspelled on it and my oldest, who is 10, wants to know how come he doesn't have a folder. You see, I named my first son Nicholas Christian. My oldest is Alexander and when it was time to name my youngest I thought I would loose him not too long after his birth so I decided to make a one letter change and name him Nickolas Christian.

Jen, I know you posted to get ideas but in essence you gave me a great idea.

Just want to let you know, it will get easier but don't worry about forgeting. That will never happen. One day your thoughts will turn into a memory that will make you smile because you will know that your little baby knows that he has a great mom down here.

In my prayers,
LaToya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

You ladies are inspiring me to do more!
I lost my first born son Silver when he was 22 hours old. (8 days overdue + bad delivery). I, like many others came home empty handed. All I had was a little box with a lock of his hair, hospital bracelet, and footprints. The few pictures taken were done with a polaroid. I did do 2 scrapbooking pages in memory of him. Since I didn't want to ruin the little I have left of him, I decided to scan and copy (at a local Wal-Mart) his footprints and photos.
I placed his hair in a clear locket for my pages. I made sure I had every single strand of hair in it. Could not bare the idea of leaving some out. lol

I realy like the idea of journaling my experience, good and bad, and creating a scrapbook in memory of him. I think this will be good for me and Silver's 3 younger sisters.

Thank you again for the inspirations.

Our children will forever be in our hearts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Jen,

What great scrapbook pages~~ and such a great idea! many of the quotes are similiar to those that I used in my scrapbook for Braeden! They are just so touching and perfect for all of those situations like ours! There really aren't words to express to someone just how sorry you are when something like this happens!
About the balloons~ our first year we used card stock to send our messages and they hung low for quite awhile I really didn't think they'd make it and that would have been really sad but they made it! So now every year we use just computer paper and it seems to work just fine!

I'm so sorry to you all who also have angels in heaven. It makes me feel good that the memories don't fade! I feel that although 5 years have passed and I still remember now that soon those memories will fade and I don't want that to happen no matter how sad they are. The funny thing is that this time of year is when I really feel sad it must be the look of the sun, the feel in the air, and especially the different smells. Braeden tends to be on my mind even more these days! What a great idea to have the footprints scanned!!! we too have his footprints but they are fading over the years!
and the hair what kind of clear locket was it? I too don't want to lose any of it!

Does anybody have any ideas of what they did with all of their babies belongings??? I have bins and totes and bins and totes full of everything from clothes to stuffed animals to towels and more! Up until this point I haven't been able to use most of it even with my own two girls but I'm almost to the point that I could part with some of it! I just don't think that I could see a baby wearing the clothing it would make me too sad! Just looking to see what other people have done!
I do use one towel in particular with my girls it's a blue doggy towel and I love seeing them wrapped in it! My older daughter, Maddy, knows it was Braedens and loves to use it! She also favors one of his stuffed animals!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1878.jpg (64.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1907.jpg (21.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1912.jpg (46.3 KB, 110 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

krumdow what I did with my babies clothes from anyssa was I donated them to the greaved parents of ontario which is a group for support of babies lost. I had a chritening outfit that was made special for anyssa and I asked the hospital if I oul give it to use only for parents that want to baptise or christen their angels while they still can at the hospital so many people have messaged me saddly to thank me for the oppitunity to have a beautiful dress for their lovely angels hether it was a still born or a baby born sick and the hospital also ha a thing when they give the parents the choice to baptise or christen their child that they say the dress way donated in memory of my precious angel and each time it isused they receive a card from me apoligising for the loss of their angel and also has my home number and email addy so when and if they want to talk they know they are not alone.I have made lots of cards unfortunly because they run out using the sypathy stamp from stamping up. It is so hard know that many people need those cards and support and yet us being there and knowing how it feels still tend to forget how much those new to grieve need the reasurance and the ear to listen when they need it to date I have made over 1000 cards of the last 8 years. the first ear I had no clue what to do so we donated the dress to the nicu and then almost 10 years later that dress is still used so even if you donate your clothes to nicu the parents and staff would be greatful trust me I know.I have had tons of thankful prents call me and grandparents thanking me for being so generious to a stranger but like I tell them no parent that lost a child is ever a stranger to the next 'I have made many great friends threw doing this and yet sometimes still don't feel I am doing enough but it helps cause when I had anyssa they wouldn't even give me clothes to put on her they said she is dead and don't need them I want to make sure no parent is ever told that again eer it broke my heart to know my baby was gone and they didn't feeel she was worth a flipping sleeper sorry for rambling on just had to share let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

angelwhispers~~thank you so much for telling me your story! I think that is a great idea to donate clothing to the hospital! I would love to see Braeden's belongings going to another angel! I am so sorry for the way you were treated~~ I think that as the years go by and the more people know they realize how real these babies are. Even though we may not have held them living in our arms they were living in our bodies and will always be living in our hearts! Not only did we prepare to bring these babies home but we also prepared for their futures and our own futures with them a part of it! Some people just don't understand! I think that is something I may consider since we are coming up on our 5 year anniversary of losing Braeden that we will do something to give back to the hospital! Thanks for the ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

yourvery welcome hope it helped a bit and I agree maybe omeday others will realise how much those babies do mean to use but unfortunalty not until they have lost their own also another suggestion is donating disposable cameras throught our parents group here we rasie money so we can donate cameras so the parents take pics they want like some many others all I have is 5 polarids of the baby and thats it for pics I know for 1 I would have loved to hve had a family pic while we had the chance. until we can teach people and get them to understand we as parents need to fight for what we believe the next parent ould want that we never got hope I hve helped a bit hun talk to you all again soon

sincerely

ann marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I have an angel in heaven too! We were going through infertility treatment and was so EXCITED when I got pregnant! And a girlfriend lost a baby too! Her baby lived only two hours after birth. I have a link to some of the poems she found comforting in my poetry thread if you want to check them out (see siggie below). Here's a {{{group hug for everyone}}}!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Before I forget > I read the book "Tilly" by Frank Peretti sometime after my miscarriage. It was comforting in a way, but I cried all the way through it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

My condolscences to all of you. I too belong to this club that no one wants to be a part of. I lost my baby at 9 weeks gestation. Unfortunely we were unable to find out the sex, so we chose the name Jordan. We haven't told our son yet, but will one day. I have a box that has all the stuff in it, not enough to scrapbook and don't know that I want it laying around. Our baby would have been 5 in January and would be starting Kindergarten this year. It's hard to believe that much time has passed. I think about Jordan and wonder what kind of child he/she would have been. After years of trying we finally realized our son would be an only child. Then this past November my husband surprised me with the idea of looking into adoption. I am proud to say we are officially licensed and are waiting on the placement call! We will be adopting an older child, between the ages of 5 and 10. We have decided to let God handle the details as to what the gender will be, figured since we weren't able to have another baby, this was as close to allowing God to handle it as we could get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

A book I have found very useful is called empty cradle broken heart Surviving the death of your baby By Deborah L. Davis,Ph.D.
After ten years now I still turn to this book for comfort it is a excellent book if you have a chance read it trust me you will cry and somethings might not be for your situation but it is a very comforting book it talks about every stage of grief you will or have been through and talks of others peoples stories also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

welcome leslie and good luck on the adoption hope things turn out good for you and sorry for the lose of jordon we all hear know what you have been threw and are here if ever anyone needs to talk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

I got pregnant almost a year after my miscarriage with our only son. He prayed almost every night for a baby sister when he was about 5 and even had her name picked out > Shelby Ruth. Don't know why he had that one picked out, but you know that just about broke my heart, esp. when he would ask why God wasn't sending him a sister. I don't know why some ladies can't conceive and have read the stories in the Bible about Hannah, Elizabeth, Sarah and their heartache, trying to understand, you know. We do have our precious miracle baby, now a grown young man (21), so am so thankful. I would have considered adoption, but it's a costly process and I think that's what stopped my hubbin from considering that. Blessings to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

this is a poem I felt very comforting hope you feel the same way

What Makes a Mother
I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a Mother
And I know I heard him say.
A Mother has a baby
This we know is true.
But God can you be a Mother
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can He replied
With confidence in His voice
I give many women babies
When they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for a day.
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay
I just don't understand this, God
I want my baby here
He took a breath and cleared His throat
And then I saw a tear.
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing today.
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
Of love and life and fear.
My Mommy loved me oh so much
I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a Mom
Who had so much love for me
I learned my lesson very quickly
My mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow's where I lay.
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear.
Mommy don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I'm here."
So you see my dear sweet one
Your children are ok
Your babies are here in My home
And this is where they'll stay.
They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lesson is through.
And on the day that you come home
They'll be at the gates for you.
So now you see what makes a Mother
It's the feeling in your heart.
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start.
Through some on earth may not realize you are a Mother,
Until their time is done.
They'll be up here with Me one day
And you know you're the best one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I'M EVERYPLACE
Mother, please don't mourn for me;
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.
My body is gone but I'm always near
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.
I'll never wander out of your sight--
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach--
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.
I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which your so fond--
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.
I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring;
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.
When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeeze.
I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, Mommy, I'm everyplace!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

JUST , SAY "I'M SORRY"
You don't know how I feel.
Please don't tell me that you do.
There's just one way to know - have you lost a child too?
"You'll have another child" - Must I hear this each day?
Can I get another mother too, if mine should pass away?
Don't say it was "God's will."
That's not the God I know.
Would God on purpose break my heart,
Then watch as my tears flow?
"You have an angel in Heaven,
A precious child above."
But tell me to whom,
Here on earth, shall I give this love?
"Aren't you feeling better yet?"
Is that what I heard you say?
No! A part of my heart aches,
I'll feel some pain each day.
Do you think this silence is kind?
It hurts me even more.
I want to talk about my child,
Who has gone through death's door.
Don't say these things to me,
Although you do mean well.
They do not take my pain away;
I must go through this hell.
I will get better slow but sure,
It helps to have you near.
But a simple, "I'm sorry you lost your child"
Is all I need to hear .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

HE ONLY TOOK MY HAND
Last night while i was sleeping
My son’s voice i did hear
I opened my eye’s and looked around
But he did not appear.
He said “Mum you’ve got to listen,
You’ve got to understand.
God didn’t take me from you Mum
He only took my hand.
When i called out in pain that day
The instant that i died
He reached down and took my hand
And pulled me to his side
He pulled me up and saved me
From the hurt and pain
My heart was broken so badly inside
I could never be the same
My search is really over now
I’ve found happiness within
All the answers to my dreams
And all that might have been
I love you and miss you so
And i’ll always be nearby
My body’s gone forever
But my spirit will never die!
And so you must go on now
Live one day at a time
Just understand-
God did not take me from you
He only took my hand”
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

DEAR FRIEND
Dear friend, today you broke my heart
In a place that was already broken
You did it with your thoughtless words
That should not have been spoken
You know that i am grieving
That my pain is deepn and real
Your hurtful words pierced like a knife
How do you think i feel?
You may not suffer from my loss
Or share this lonely grief
But i’m mourning for my baby
Who’s life was much to brief
I’m sure you don’t know how i feel
I don’t expect you to
Don’t ask me to get over it
That’s something i can’t do
Without grief there’s no healing
It’s a journey i must make
It’s not the path that i would choose
But one i’m forced to take
No matter how you choose to see
What i am going through
I need compassion and support
I’d do the same for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

MY MUM IS A SURVIVOR
My mum is a survivor
Or so i've heard it said
But i can hear her crying
When all others are in bed
I watch her lie awake at night
And go to hold her hand
She knows that i am with her
To help her understand
But like the sands upon the beach
That never wash away
I watch over my surviving mum
Who thinks of me each day
She wears a smile for others
A smile of disguise
But through heavens open door
I see tears flowing from her eye's
My mum tries to cope with my death
And keep my memory alive
But anyone who knows her
Knows it's her way to survive
As i watch over my surviving mum
Through heaven's open door
I try to tell her
Angels protect me forever more
I know that doesn't help her
Or ease the burden she bears
So if you get a chance, call to her
And show her that you care
For no matter what she says
And no matter what she feels
My mum has a broken heart
That time won't ever heal

these are a few poems I have gathered over the years hope they give you as much comfort as they have given me I don't know the names of the authors but if you do please let me know.I have many many more pages of poerty and these have helped comfort me over the years I have used them in my album for anyssa and hope you could use them yourself sending love and hugs to all my angels friends mommys and people who have supported us in this posting area and if anyone wants to chat more just add me to your buddylist as I am new and not to sure how to do so hope you all forgive me for making you cry reading these but know I am crying with you after 10 years yes it still hurts very much but does get a little easier then it as at first
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

angel whispers~~
thank you so much for all of those poems. It has been awhile since I have read them, I know they are tucked away somewhere. I too had many tears flowing while I read them after 5 long years! They really are perfect and explain the way that i feel and most of us must feel perfectly. thank you, thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Hi Rush'd Lady,

I read Tilly also. I almost forgot about that book. I did cry throughout the book also. And you are right, it was comforting to read the story from that point of view. I would recommend it. It is not a long book but it says plenty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #32  
Inking Addict

i'm so sad to see that there are so many more of us angel moms out there. however, i am glad to see that some ladies have met that may not have ohterwise. i've not been to this thread in ages it seems...there were tons of posts i hadn't read. all wonderful posts. and i am so sorry to everyone who has lost a baby at any gestation or age. it is just unbearable, as we all know.

krumdow, i'm just now seeing your posts on MISS. i'm sorry i've not responded. i've been having a rough, h*ll, nearly 9 months, but esp last month. i've been trying not to read the new member posts. the pain in reading about another baby who has died is just too much for me right now. to anyone that doesn't know, i'm active on the www.missfoundation.org forums. it's a wonderful group for angel families, mostly moms. i could go on and on (literally with the darvocet i'm on...ha!), but won't. i highly recommend you checking it out as our miss krumdow has.

i would love to see everyone's pages that they have created or ideas for anything. i was hoping to get started this week as i was recouping from surgery on friday. no such luck. i was in bed on pain pills all week. no stamping or scrapping for me i was diagnosed with a septate uterus. i had thought that this could have caused noah's death. i asked my dr at my follow up, and he said absolutely. more hard news to swallow.

hugs to all of you angel mommies...and i'm missing all of our angels tonight...
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

jen we are always here if you ever need us we all know what you are going threw and no matter know know you can also talk and vent and fall apart with us I am so glad you have the miss group they are a great bunch of people there I was also a avid member till about 2 years ago.I was also a campassionate friend for along time and still occasions log on but sometimes it is so hard to read the amount of people that have been threw thehorrible experience we have. I would never wish the loss of a child on my worst enemy yet there seems to be more andmore of us everyday and that hurts me to know that so many people have to go and deal with that type of pain. no matter what you are feeling we understand> I know the pain the anger the guilt the frustration.I hated myself and god and even more my hubsand cause he was like so many husband and shut out his greif when I was around.I wanted to talk to cry to scream and have him do it with me and he wouldn't and I hated him for years for it just to talk about anyssa he wouldn't the loss was so much for me to deal with and yet to feel so alone ontop of it.It literally wanted to die so know that you are not alone not ever.I will always be here for anyone that wants to chat to cry or even if you want to scream and kick me I will let you cause I never want another person to feel as alone as I did.Not ever.I am sending you all hugs and and love.I know your pain and I am so sorry that you have all had to deal with such a thing.It breaks my heart to know my friends are hurting and I classify you all my friends and my angels friends mommys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Default Here is what I did

Wow, there are sure a lot of bereaved moms on here. My thoughts and prayers to all of you. Our first, a boy, was born still at 38 weeks on August 4, 2006.

I started Reece's scrapbook when I was pregnant with him but did not get far. When he died, I started scrapping the sympathy cards. At the time, I felt the need to scrap something but was not ready to do anything with the pictures.

I recently went to a SU class to make the bamboo skewer book using the baby boy scrapbook set. When I got home, I intended to scrap pictures of our new baby. But then the urge overcame me and I made a mini book for Reece. It was so healing for me. This book also gave me the opportunity to show him off as I only used the better pictures of him.

I do intentend to scrap Reece's pictures in his big book sooner or later.

To scrap the cards:

SORTING: I started my grouping them any way I could. We received a lot of the same cards or cards by the same company/designer. I also made a pile of cards w/ either boring/ugly fronts or writing on the inside cover that could not be seperated from the card.

CROPPING: I then cropped the cards to minimize space. If I had several of one card, I would keep only 1 front, 1 printed inscription and all of the personal notes. This allowed me to put up to 5 cards on one 12x12 and look pulled together.

SCRAPPING: I then did my thing as if I was scrapping pictures. I made sure I added last names on the cards when necessary. I also used a lot of flower stickers and stamps to create complimentary background paper.

UGLY PILE: I used the personal inscriptions from these cards to fill in blank spaces on other pages.

I hope this help,
Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

I helped a friend with an album for her niece who's daughter was still born also, if you would like the link to that album please email me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #36  
Inking Addict

Hugs to all of the wonderful ladies here that I have met. I want to thank you for replying to my post. I still have yet to start on Noah's scrapbook. More from lack of time than emotional. I'm doing better emotionally. I still miss my Noah and always will. I feel that I'm beginning to live again, not just exist. and that feels so good. I'm behind on messages everywhere. So hopefully everyone who has emailed or PMed me will see this and know that I am doing better. I will let you all know for sure and share pics of the album as I get it started.
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

So sorry to hear of you loss. The fact you're able to make a scrapbook of your little one is so strong of you and will be something special that you have to remember him by forever. Good for you.

My sister lost her baby Caiden in June 2006. She has yet to make a scrapbook of him but has some pics I took of him for her after he passed. We printed them in Sepia and they are quite beautiful. We're very close so I felt the loss pretty hard also. He was a twin and we are blessed to have his brother Cale with us although he has had his struggles also. Anyhow, at Caiden's memorial the 2 songs we chose for him were "Somewhere Over he Rainbow" and "Songbird" - by Eva Cassidy. Songbird is a song that could be interpretted in many ways but to me is so fitting and touching. It brings tears to me eyes every time I hear it. I've attached a you-tube link with the song and here are the lyrics:

For you there'll be no crying
For you the sun will be shining
Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

<instrumental>

To you, I would give the world
To you, I'd never be cold
Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

Like never before; like never before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76NGhMbZkR4

It's not much but I hope it helps.

I have other poems I saved. I'll try and attach them also.

One of my other favorite sayings is that he was "born into God's hands and born into our hearts".

I have to figure out how to attach the document with the poems. I'll post again.

Carolynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Once Upon A Lifetime
Author: unknown
Category: memorial
Posted By: Melanie Miller

Our hearts still ache in sadness,
and secret tears still flow,
What it meant to lose you,
no one will ever know.

Two smiling eyes are sleeping,
Two busy hands are still.
The one we loved so deeply
Is resting at God's will.
May he always walk in sunshine,
God's love around his glow.
For all the happiness he gave us,
Only a few will ever know.
It broke our hearts to lose him
But he did not go alone.
For part of us went with him
The day God called him home.

Life's Blessings
Author: unknown
Category: Select a Category
Posted By: Tami Blevins

Life's blessings are abundant
when each & every one
is not only counted
but cherished.

Believe

I Believe

Every now and then
Soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
And itís like you havenít been
Gone a moment from my side
Like the tears were never cried
Like the hands of time are holding you and me
And with all my heart Iím sure
Weíre closer than we ever were
I donít have to hear or see
Iíve got all the proof I need
There are more than angels watching over me
I believe
Oh, I believe

Now when you die
Your life goes on
It doesnít end here when youíre gone
Every soul is filled with light
It never ends if Iím right
Our love can even reach across eternity
I believe
Oh, I believe

Forever youíre a part of me
Forever in the heart of me
I will hold you even longer if I can
Oh the people who donít see the most
See that I believe in ghosts
If that makes me crazy
Then I am
ĎCause I believe, Oh I believe
There are more than angels watching over me
I Believe
Oh, I Believe

Every now and then
Soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again and I Believe
(By: Diamond Rio)

Simple things in life..
Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957)
Category: Select a Category
Posted By: Tami Blevins

I am beginning to learn
that it is the sweet,
simple things of life
which are the real ones
after all.

I Am Not Gone
Author:
Posted By: cindy8120

I am not gone, I am changed.
Have faith and please believe me.
God did not take me away from you,
He split the skies and received me.

Now....

I'm an echo in your laughter,
a reflection in your tears,
an extra thread of strength
to help you overcome your fears.

I'm an added ray of sunshine,
more joy for you to share,
a fragrance of the life you live.
Wherever you are - I am there

To Our Little Angel
Author: Patricia Logan
Posted By: Patricia Logan

Precious angel up in heaven you've filled our hearts with love.
God took you to be with him and look down from up above.
Why did you leave so soon, a question we must ask,
No answer can be given,no answer we will have.
A perfect smile, a perfect cry,how perfect could you be?
So perfect my little angel that you're watching over me.
Your memory will always be remembered through the years,
As we look to the happy times our eyes will fill with tears.
Not tears of sadness or of pain no tears will sadly flow,
Just the tears of wondering of why you had to go.
We will never hear your laughter,or see the things you do,
We can only just imagine from what we knew of you.
So Caiden David, if I may say a few small words to you,
I love you and I"ll miss you,you'll be thought of all day through.
I know youíre always with us, forever through and through.
I've come up with an answer,You were too good to be true.
So, precious little angel sent from up above,
Spread your wings and flourish, Thank you for your love.

To The Child In My Heart
Author: Carol Parrott
Posted By: Beverly Hennebaul

To The Child In My Heart

O precious, tiny, sweet little one
You will always be to me
So perfect, pure, and innocent
Just as you were meant to be.

We dreamed of you and of your life
And all that it would be
We waited and longed for you to come
And join our family.

We never had the chance to play,
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you, touch you now
And listen to you giggle.

I'll always be your mother.
He'll always be your dad.
You will always be our child,
The child that we had.

But now you're gone...but yet you're here.
We'll sense you everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy
There's love in every tear.

Just know our love goes deep and strong.
We'll forget you never -
The child we had, but never had,
And yet weíll have forever.

A Motherís Love

I didnít have to look into your eyes
to fall in love with you.
I didnít need to hear you cry
to know you loved me too.
I didnít need to hold your hand
to cherish you for always.
Within my womb, we shared our hearts.
You touched my soul.
You sweetened my spirit.
You gave me memories Iíll always hold dear.
Yes. My heart aches since you departed too soon.
But a motherís love does not end with death.
For you are my child.
Forever my love is yours.
-KLS

I am Hope

God created us as one, but He split us into two.
An angel came to take me, my life began anew.
I had to leave you Cale Emerson,
Because God called me home.
But the bond between us, will never be broken,
Wherever you may roam.
Cale, you are my twin brother that I love so very much.
Brothers bonded, brothers true Ė
Forever, Me and You.

Do you see that twinkling star above?
Thatís me! Iím winking down at you!

I am never far away.
When the sun is shining Ė I am smiling down on you.
When the rain is falling Ė those are my kisses.
When the wind is blowing, youíll feel me against your skin.
Those are my hugs to you.

And I am alive.
And for you, I wait patiently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay last post. We all know this song but here's the you-tube link with the version they played at Caiden's memorial. I love it because it's touching but has a happy tone to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2Jt4WOxN8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

I just found this thread ... what a wonder. I am trying to put together a scrapbook of my two grandsons ... twin boys, Joshua, who lived less than an hour and Elisha, who is now 18 months old and after a very rough start (3 months in the neonatal unit), he is all boy!! I only have a few pictures of Joshua, and they were taken when he was already dead, but his Mommy (my daughter) and his Daddy held him and we all cried together. This thread has given me some ideas of what to put on Joshua's pages .... one of the poems that was shared was especially fitting and I am printing it out to use for sure. Thank you fo sharing this very hurting part of your lives with us .... this Grandma appreciates it very much and you are all in my prayers. God Bless you all, Shirley
Reply With Quote Likes