Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-f88/)
-   -   IC512 - Osnat Fine Art {09-26-15} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-f88/ic512-osnat-fine-art-%7B09-26-15%7D-t603504.html)

girlgeek101 09-25-2015 06:21 PM

IC512 - Osnat Fine Art {09-26-15}

5 Attachment(s)
I just finished an exhausting work week of free-falling objectives and priorities! Meetings focused on brainstorming and innovation....challenging us to 'think outside of the box' and I loved it! Whew! However whenever I have weeks like this, I end them in my craft room playing around with inks and paints (not sure why). It just thrills me to carry that free flowing feeling into an abstract design! Do you also like abstract designs? If you do, you're going to love our Inspiration Challenge site this week. It's from one of the Etsy stores, where I have selected the "Osnat Fine Art" site. There are less images there than I usually give you (around 300), but that actually might help to inspire you to focus on my free-fall abstract theme. This is also a great opportunity to pull out your stash of background techniques!

My Card
(I've been working on 3 cards, and will be posting the other 2 on Saturday.)

Challenge Goals:
Please don't be tempted to upload a card that you have made prior to this challenge, just because an image on the board reminds you of it. :cool: Rather, take the challenge of allowing your creative juices to flow based on your impressions when you look through the images. Remember, it can just be the color palette or style that ignites your creativity. Whatever draws you to the designs, take the challenge of doing something uniquely inspired today.

Please remember that all inspiration links should be inspired by images from the "Osnat Fine Art" store on Etsy. There is no requirement to sign-in on Etsy - so anyone can see the images! Just make sure you've clicked on the thumbnail first (to set full page focus on your inspiration piece) in order to copy the right link for pasting into your descriptions. FYI: Your design might end up on my "Inspiration Genius Awards Pinterest board" too! P.S. Please let me know in your comments below if you prefer "less images", or "more images", to choose from in order to maximize your inspiration challenge experiences. (I still plan to have just 1 image soon, in honor of how the Inspiration Challenge began! It will be interesting to see everyone's take on the same inspiration piece.)

Use the keyword: IC512 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words.

IC512 Gallery

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many images to choose from, I've uploaded 5 of my favorites. So just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. Click on the images below to see them bigger and to get their links on SCS. Don't forget to let us know which photo served as your inspiration piece please.

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Other Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for Notifications
How to Post Your Card Image

hskelly 09-25-2015 08:42 PM

Here is my Imagine card.

kate4450 09-25-2015 10:12 PM

Absolutely gorgeous artwork!!!

Inky Abstract by kate4450 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan 09-25-2015 10:26 PM

Thanks for the inspiration! Here´s mine;

IC512 Berries by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

parknslide 09-26-2015 12:13 AM

So much to choose from: IC512-Asian Tree by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

parknslide 09-26-2015 12:16 AM

Just got this roses background paper on Sunday. As soon as I saw the rose painting, I knew I needed to use it: IC512-Red Roses B'Day by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sistersandie 09-26-2015 01:57 AM

Thanks Audrie - what a colourful challenge today!

IC512 ~ Glass Circles by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

k dunbrook 09-26-2015 03:14 AM

Thanks again Audrie, for helping me to be inspired by yet another wonderful site. First Christmas card made.

Inspired by Red

ohmypaper! 09-26-2015 05:36 AM

Oh wow! I really hope I get to play. This site is so inspiring!

stampin'nana 09-26-2015 06:06 AM

Thank you for a fun site today, Audrie! I don't play along every Saturday, but when I do, I'd rather not have tons of subjects to view. I get overwhelmed and end up not looking at everything. Here is my card.

angelladcrockett 09-26-2015 06:15 AM

Wow, such amazing artwork!!! Thanks for another awesome challenge, Audrie!!!

Hope Anchors the Soul

justwritedesigns 09-26-2015 06:18 AM

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration, Audrie! Here's my Autumn Leaves Abstract. Thanks so much for looking!

p.s. I prefer a good amount of images...today was just about the perfect number!

kiagc 09-26-2015 06:19 AM

Fabulous site once again Audrie ... thank you.

Autumn Glow

Holstein 09-26-2015 06:21 AM

Thanks again for these amazing sites, along with how to's. Last week my 12 year old granddaughter watched the zentangle video, and then created her own design. She has a fun time doing that style. Beautiful artist you have showcased this week. Here is my card.
IC512, Practice by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

kiagc 09-26-2015 06:23 AM

I forgot to comment on less or more images ... I do not like less images and the reason is I might not necessarily like the style and hence I hunt for something too dazzle me. I don't find large sites a problem ... I don't have a mission to see everything on the site - I stop the minute I see that "dazzle" ... if I want to see more I will go back later.

bensarmom 09-26-2015 06:56 AM

What a fun site. Here's my card.

Precious Kitty 09-26-2015 07:14 AM

What a neat website!! I chose this for my inspiration

suen 09-26-2015 08:06 AM

Thanks for another neat site, Audrie! Here's mine.

IC512 Smooshed Tree by suen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 09-26-2015 08:51 AM

I started this card last night while I was waiting for my brother and sister-in-law to arrive from Pennsylvania. After several delays -- at both airports (departing and arriving), they finally arrived around 11:30. So I was a bit late getting started this morning and just finished my card.

A Pod of Porpoises

My brother and sister-in-law are here for a surprise 50th birthday party for my niece, who lives here in Florida. The party is this afternoon, so I will have limited gallery time today. But I'll check in and out as I am able.

Crafty Julia 09-26-2015 10:53 AM

IC512 leaves

Audrie- you always come up with amazing inspiration sites- thank you! I went with the Modern 36 X 36 Original City Downtown and used a metal brad and corrugated cardstock for an industrial look, along with a watercolor bleed and rough lettering. Die cut leaves completed my card. Here's leaves. TFL!

gabalot 09-26-2015 11:01 AM

Great Esty shop Audrie! FULL of inspiration. Thanks.

Autumn Night

TFL! :)

girlgeek101 09-26-2015 11:12 AM

I was having some work done in my home today so I just logged on - sorry to be so late in joining. The gallery is already AMAZING!! WOW! I'm so glad so many were able to be inspired this morning! I'll off to look at each and every card!

ohmypaper! 09-26-2015 11:22 AM

Oh! I am so excited. I did get to play!

Lift Up

peeps321 09-26-2015 11:32 AM

WOW what a beautiful site..if only I had several hundred $$$ just laying around....

Vampire Babe

beesmom 09-26-2015 11:40 AM

here's one
IC512 Gentle Whisper by beesmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 09-26-2015 12:16 PM

IC512 warmly, fall

Inspired by JD Mommy's card golden birches- made a 2nd card- this time with scraping my ink pad along the card edges to mimic the "birch bark"- and adding a mason jar of fall leaves and such. Here's warmly, fall

AnniePanda 09-26-2015 12:31 PM

A simple card using inspiration from the painting "Landscape Blooming Trees".
IC512 Landscape Sympathy by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

janeenk 09-26-2015 06:02 PM

thanks Angela Bode for the heads up on this very fun challenge.
janeenk cityscape inspired by janeenk - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Drummergirlred 09-26-2015 06:08 PM

This was fun! I haven't done this challenge in a while (well since the 1st time!) I forgot how much fun it is! Here is my card titled Ghost Ships Ghost Ships by Drummergirlred - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Penny627 09-27-2015 02:14 PM

Fun challenge! I made three cards (my inspiration was a set of paintings)

All three together:
Poppies! Poppies! Poppies!

And individually:

Poppy 1

Poppy 2

Poppy 3

scootsv 09-27-2015 04:04 PM

This was way out of my league as far as techniques go! Thanks for the challenge and pushing me to do something I had not done!

Osnat Art

gabalot 09-29-2015 02:24 AM

I am guest hosting the MMTPT374 today. Last Saturday one of Osnat's paintings inspired me to make my Teapotter challenge card. I couldn't, however, upload it until today when the challenge went live.

Teapotter Pumpkin Fest

Thanks for looking! :)