Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC606 - Jennifer McGuire Ink Blog {07-14-17} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic606-jennifer-mcguire-ink-blog-%7B07-14-17%7D-619031/)

girlgeek101 07-14-2017 08:28 PM

IC606 - Jennifer McGuire Ink Blog {07-14-17}

10 Attachment(s)
When it comes to creative blogs that pack a lot in the way of inspiration, I often think of our inspiration site this week "The Jennifer McGuire Ink Blog". I love the way she expertly combines texture, simple color palettes, and great tips for mass producing card designs. We share the same passion for gifting our cards as well! She's such an inspirational genius! I hope you'll enjoy browsing her blog, and being inspired to create, and to share, your own paper artwork for someone special in your world!

Challenge Goals:
Please don't be tempted to upload a card that you have made prior to this challenge, just because an image in the blog reminds you of it. :cool: Rather, take the challenge of allowing your creative juices to flow based on your impressions when you look through the images. Remember, it can just be the color palette or style that ignites your creativity. Whatever draws you to the designs, take the challenge of doing something uniquely inspired today!

Use the keyword: IC606 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words. Be sure to include a link to the image that inspired you from our inspiration site: the Jennifer McGuire Ink Blog.

IC606 Gallery

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many images to choose from, I've uploaded 10 of my favorites below. So just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. Click on the images below to see them bigger and to get their links on SCS. Don't forget to let us know which photo served as your inspiration piece please.

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Other Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for Notifications
Get Help Posting Your Cards for Challenges
SaveSave

snowmanqueen 07-14-2017 10:44 PM

Here's mine:
IC606 Best Wishes by snowmanqueen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

snietje 07-15-2017 12:58 AM

Here is mine, and I love her work and tutorials thanks for this great challenge
IC606 thinking strongly at you by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

angelladcrockett 07-15-2017 03:27 AM

Wow, thank you, Audrie, for introducing me to another amazing artist!!! I will be going back for some tutorials!!

Happy Retirement, Mom!

Shoe Girl 07-15-2017 03:53 AM

I love Jennifer McGuire. I could watch her all day - wish I had more time to watch and create with her. Here is my card:

IC606 Butterfly Beauty by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 07-15-2017 04:08 AM

You're correct....chocked full of info and inspiration. Thanks.

MAKE WAVES

k dunbrook 07-15-2017 04:39 AM

Thanks Audrie...Jennifer is such an inspiration to so many of us!

here is my card:
IC606, Acrylic Block Watercolour by k dunbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hultenlk 07-15-2017 06:04 AM

Ooooh, fabulous challenge, Audrie! Jennifer's techniques are amazing and I'd already been itching to try out a couple of videos she posted recently. Here's a card I made using Distress Ink and water on a stamp block:

IC606 - Hello Beautiful watercolor by hultenlk - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Weekend Warrior 07-15-2017 07:17 AM

Fantastic challenge today Audrie! Jennifer McGuire's site is full of inspiration for sure!

Here is my card
IC606 Sunshine by Weekend Warrior - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Off to run some errands but I'll be back later to check out the gallery!

Cindy :D

Clownmom 07-15-2017 07:31 AM

Great challenge today, Audrie! Here's my card:

Mermaid on Rock

shelia 07-15-2017 08:14 AM

Here's my card for today's challenge:

Jennifer Mcguire Inspired by shelia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jennifer McGuire is such an inspiration!! I watch for her new videos all the time!! Great challenge today!!

kiagc 07-15-2017 08:45 AM

Another fun challenge Audrie ... thanks so much.

Daisy Day

IndigosMom 07-15-2017 10:08 AM

I 'heart' Jennifer McGuire! I have learned so much from her blog over time. A lot of what is in my gallery includes techniques inspired by her. I tried a new technique today. (I don't love the outcome. I think next time I'd use a lighter color of card stock.) Thanks for looking!
JJ
IC606 Good Times by IndigosMom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 07-15-2017 10:28 AM

Here is my card. Sparkly Sympathy

Thank you for directing us to that Blog. I really learned something today! And had fun in my stamp room too! :)

annsforte3 07-15-2017 11:21 AM

Here's mine with an impression using "wheat grass".

Vickie Y 07-15-2017 11:32 AM

Fun challenge with lots of techniques and inspiration! Here's my card:

Pearlized Wave

Redbugdriver 07-15-2017 03:15 PM

I got to play my favorite challenge and upload all in the same day!!! I have two, here and here. They are the same, but different.Thanks for stopping by.

sleepyinseattle 07-15-2017 03:52 PM

Fabulous choice this week, Audrie! Love her site.Here is my card for today:
IC606 Sweet Pea by sleepyinseattle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

girlgeek101 07-16-2017 06:25 PM

Yesterday was a really rough day, and what just perked me up with the gallery this week! Everyone's inspirations are amazing!

annsforte3 07-16-2017 06:31 PM

So sorry to hear, Audrey, that you had a rough day yesterday! Praying and hoping things are better for you today and the rest of the week! Hugs!

UnderstandBlue 07-18-2017 07:27 PM

She's also just an incredible person. What a blessing to our community. I hope I have time to play this week!

UnderstandBlue 07-18-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgeek101 (Post 21499706)
Yesterday was a really rough day, and what just perked me up with the gallery this week! Everyone's inspirations are amazing!

I hope you are okay Audrie! Please let me know if I can help you!

cdimick 07-19-2017 05:40 PM

I love Jennifer McGuire's art. Here is my coffee card:

DD7ABC24C Colorblock Coffee by cdimick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Louisa May 07-20-2017 03:21 AM

Love her! So few great designers are also great teachers.

cdimick 07-21-2017 09:17 AM

Thanks for the encouragement to try this technique that I've wanted to do since I saw the video!

IC606 Garden Treasure Delights by cdimick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

susie718 07-25-2017 08:09 PM

I think the world of Jennifer. She is an extraordinary teacher. She explains clearly and concisely, gives plenty of examples and useful tips, and is a master at editing her videos. She speeds up or cuts out the parts we don't need to see which is so respectful of our time. I have subscribed to her You Tube channel for quite some time, and I've learned so much from her. And best of all, she is a champion for putting more kindness into the world. ❤️

cher 07-27-2017 06:52 PM

Audrie, thank you for introducing me to Jennifer McQuire. I've been watching so many of her videos, reading her blog, that I forgot to make my card. What an inspiration! What I learned: never heard of Simon Says Stamps, didn't know what a card kit was from a company, finally learned what Distress Inks were. I could keep going, but needless to say I was awakened by your challenge. Thank you for opening me to oh so much more in the stamping world.