Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC439 - The World Market {05-03-14} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic439-world-market-%7B05-03-14%7D-587228/)

girlgeek101 05-02-2014 02:10 PM

IC439 - The World Market {05-03-14}

6 Attachment(s)
This week we are welcoming back the very talented DandI93 (aka Irene) as our guest hostess on the Inspiration Challenge. She was very excited to pick the inspiration site this week, and has selected: " The World Market ". I instantly fell in love with that site - there is a ton of unique and colorful products that I am sure will inspire you!

Irene's 1st Card
Irene's 2nd Card
Irene's 3rd Card!
(Now that's what I call inspired!)

My Card
Close-Up of my 3D Item

Challenge Goals:
Don't be tempted to upload a card that you have made prior to this challenge, just because an image reminds you of it. :cool: Rather, take the challenge of allowing your creative juices to flow based on your impressions when you look through the images. Remember, it can just be the color palette or style that ignites your creativity. Whatever draws you to the designs, take the challenge of doing something uniquely inspired today .

Please remember that all inspiration links should be inspired by images from the The World Market .

Use the keyword: IC439 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words.

IC439 Gallery

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many images to choose from, I've uploaded five of my favorites...so just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. Click on the images below to see them bigger. Please let us know which photo served as your inspiration piece please.

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Other Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for Notifications
How to Post Your Card Image

DandI93 05-02-2014 06:55 PM

Thank you Audrie, not only for asking me to join you but also for your kind comments...

I'm sure I will be going back to this site often.... As I was strolling through the site, I thought back to so many stamp sets I should have bought. They would have been perfect to use of the inspiration pieces...

Good night and see you all tomorrow. Hugs

One4Joy 05-02-2014 07:13 PM

Wonderful choice for supplying us with inspiration and wonderful guest inspirer...yeah. Irene!

Can't wait to dive in...we have a world market in,our town!

hobbydujour 05-02-2014 07:50 PM

Really a fantastic site filled with inspirations of all kinds. Thanks, Irene and Audrie.

POPPIES THANK YOU

sistersandie 05-02-2014 08:08 PM

Thanks so much Audrie and Irene for introducing me to this wonderful place -
it's only 4.30am here but you know me - if I wake up I check the challenge before I do anything else! I must get out more!

Sandie
X

hskelly 05-02-2014 08:26 PM

Here is my Thanks card.

hskelly 05-02-2014 08:27 PM

Here is my Hello card.

Biggan 05-02-2014 09:43 PM

Thanks for lovely inspiration! Here�s mine;

IC439 Smiles by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL!
Birgit

sistersandie 05-03-2014 01:55 AM

Thank you Audrie and Irene for choosing such a wonderful site for us today - so much choice - I was inspired on every page!

IC439 ~ Birthday Banner by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

glowbug 05-03-2014 02:57 AM

Thanks for choosing such a fun inspiration site today Irene and Audrie!! Such a variety!!

Here is mine: Morning Glories and Gingham

angelladcrockett 05-03-2014 03:30 AM

Awesome challenge site, girls!!! Thank you!!!!

Whispered Prayers

Toy 05-03-2014 03:50 AM

Fun stuff :) I fell in like with their pillows :)

Here's mine:
~ Inspired ~

TFL!~

k dunbrook 05-03-2014 04:44 AM

wow, such an inspiring site. Thanks ladies.

here is my card:

Just a Note

jojot 05-03-2014 06:31 AM

here is mine

Birds in a Bush

thanks for looking

peeps321 05-03-2014 06:36 AM

Thanks Audrie and Irene..I love World Market...was just there about 2 weeks ago.

Crystal Ball

Precious Kitty 05-03-2014 07:13 AM

All I saw was a bunch of colors! LOL

IC439: Colorful

justwritedesigns 05-03-2014 08:51 AM

Thanks for the fun challenge, Audrie & Irene! Love that place! Here's my Sheltering Angel. Thanks so much for looking!

Crafty Julia 05-03-2014 09:34 AM

IC439 Summer Cell

I just love the World Market stores- recently visited one in the general Portland, OR area- and so I zeroed in on the artwork. I was inspired by the cafe/summery color scheme of the "Spring Flowers" storefronts- and used Paper Smooch's Teen Routine for my cell phone and sentiment. Used lots of washi tape, and added 3 flower shaped buttons and an aquamarine gem for accents. Finished with a knotted twine vertical border. Here's Summer Cell

LMcAree 05-03-2014 10:30 AM

Great inspiration, thank you! Here is my card: IC439 by LMcAree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bspinks 05-03-2014 10:32 AM

HERE is my card for the challenge today and this is my inspiration: Botanical Throw Pillow | World Market
The design of the card is a CASE from a card I saw on Pinterest by Tina Weller (www.TheSereneStamper.com) I fell in love with the look and changed only the color scheme and the sentiment.

BobbiesGirl 05-03-2014 11:19 AM

Thanks Audrie. I was definitely inspired by the color today. Here's mine.

shelia 05-03-2014 11:27 AM

What a fun site! Here's my card:

A Toast to You by shelia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm gonna try and create another card using something else I'm finding inspiring!!! Thanks for the fun challenge!

asweetjewel 05-03-2014 01:43 PM

Here is my card, *Smile by asweetjewel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers inspired by these lovely rice bowls, *Fuji Blossom Rice Bowls, Set of 4 | World Market
Thank you for the awesome challenge, Audrie!
TFL

BarbieP 05-03-2014 02:15 PM

Thanks Audrie and Irene for a fabulous site. Here is my card:

He Makes Things Beautiful by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mrs Noofy 05-03-2014 03:40 PM

Whew...finally got a chance to upload. Here you go... IC439 Pink Rocky Flower by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have a creative rest of the weekend.
Sue

beesmom 05-03-2014 06:11 PM

here's mine:
IC439 Spice Market Birthday by beesmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

UnderstandBlue 05-04-2014 07:18 AM

Audrie - this is one of my favorite stores because it is a visual FEAST - I actually do get card ideas every time I walk in - exotic patterns and colors - perfect choice!!

I chose this Pumpkin Poppies art for inspiration and this is my card.

Thanks for a great challenge!

scootsv 05-04-2014 11:39 AM

Here is my card for this fun challenge! Thanks

parknslide 05-04-2014 07:54 PM

Here's mine: IC439 Geisha by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gabalot 05-06-2014 08:00 AM

LOVED this website and could've stayed on it for many hrs browsing the ba-zillon, inspiring products! Thanks, gals! :)

Bless You for Kris

Thank you for looking! :)

asweetjewel 05-14-2014 05:16 PM

Couldn't resist another, love this site-*IC439 Horizon by asweetjewel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
TFL