Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC429 - Wee Folk Studio {02/22/14} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic429-wee-folk-studio-%7B02-22-14%7D-584579/)

girlgeek101 02-21-2014 04:11 PM

IC429 - Wee Folk Studio {02/22/14}

5 Attachment(s)
I am so excited to invite Polly (aka peeps321) as our Guest Hostess this week. She has a beautiful gallery and has consistently been one of my favorite stampers on SCS! She has been gracious enough to select our inspiration site for us, and it's a real fascinating gem of a site: Wee Folk Studio .

As we browsed the site, we were richly inspired to incorporate the artists' love for dimensional design. So we have each created a 3D item, along with a card design, to start the challenge off in an interesting direction. Please join us and allow the delightfully creative designs of Salley Mavor to inspire you to design something deeply inspired, yet uniquely your own this week too! To further inspire you, I've included a video below which introduces the artist/author behind Wee Folk Studio designs.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/83617714" width="500" height="375" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Polly's 3D Art
Polly's Card

My 3D Art
My Card

Challenge Goals:
Don't be tempted to upload a card that you have made prior to this challenge, just because an image on the site reminds you of it. :cool: Rather, take the challenge of allowing your creative juices to flow based on your impressions when you look through the images. Remember, it can just be the color palette or style that ignites your creativity. Whatever draws you to the designs, take the challenge of doing something uniquely inspired today .

Please remember that all inspiration links should be inspired by images from Wee Folk Studio

Use the keyword: IC429 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words.

IC429 Gallery

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many images to choose from, I've uploaded five of my favorites … so just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. Click on the images below to see them bigger. Please let us know which photo served as your inspiration piece.

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Other Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for Notifications
How to Post Your Card Image

k dunbrook 02-21-2014 08:00 PM

What a fab site to be inspired by. I may have to make another card in the morning. My card is not dimensional but uses an interesting element to stamp with.
here is my card;

Got Milk?

One4Joy 02-22-2014 12:32 AM

I had such fun...even losing my upload twice...

check out the clocks' ticking

angelladcrockett 02-22-2014 03:38 AM

Wow, such incredible talent.......I spent an hour cruising through all of the posts....amazing artwork! Thanks, girls, for the fun challenge!!!

Dragonfly Birthday

Cook22 02-22-2014 03:59 AM

Loved all the stitching and embroidery but I know I don't have time today - unless I combine it with some felt for yesterday's MFT LOVEFEST challenge - I'm still playing catchup.
In the meantime, Birds of Beebe Woods gave me a wonderful opportunity to use a cardinal die I got for Christmas. Thanks, Audrie (and Polly).
IC429 Cardinal in Patina

Clownmom 02-22-2014 04:55 AM

Such creativity!!! I went back to a post Salley made in November to find the inspiration for my card.

You're a Wee Folk Hoot

jdmommy 02-22-2014 05:22 AM

What a fun place to look!!!

Here's mine:

Easter Bonnet

Precious Kitty 02-22-2014 06:02 AM

Here is mine -

IC429: Best Friends

Second picture to show the 3-D Effects

k dunbrook 02-22-2014 07:28 AM

I made another card for today's challenge;

Layered Background Sympathy

BarbieP 02-22-2014 08:37 AM

Audrie & Polly, thanks for another wonderful site for inspiration. Polly, this site certainly has creativity all over it. Here is my card:

Blue Bird for Ruth by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

catluvr2 02-22-2014 08:46 AM

Robin in Spring

Thank you Polly for choosing such a wonderful site! This was a fun challenge and gave me the opportunity to use another new die (bird) that I bought about a week ago. It was one of those purchases that I questioned once I got the die home - when would I ever use it? And just like so many other questionable craft items I've bought, they seem to fit a challenge sooner or later. Thank goodness for challenges - they really wake up the tiny creativity center in my brain. So, here is my Robin

Precious Kitty 02-22-2014 08:58 AM

I did another one, since I was crazy about my first one.... plus I forgot I had this set which is perfect for this challenge today!

IC429: Pin Cushion

hobbydujour 02-22-2014 08:59 AM

Not "so fast" this week, Audrie. Didn't think I would even do the challenge at first....but changed my mind. Great site, Polly.....truly a creative artist. Thanks!

EASTER BLESSINGS

coffeestamper 02-22-2014 09:48 AM

This weather is for the birds~
LOVEFEST2014I-WEATHER 4 THE BIRDS! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

girlgeek101 02-22-2014 09:57 AM

I love everything that is being posted today! Beautiful inspirations everywhere! FYI I have to go into work today, but I'll be checking in from time to time. Sorry if my posts seem slow.

Hugs,
Audrie

girlgeek101 02-22-2014 09:58 AM

LOL

Was really laughing out loud! So glad you did!

Audrie

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbydujour (Post 20535817)
Not "so fast" this week, Audrie. Didn't think I would even do the challenge at first....but changed my mind. Great site, Polly.....truly a creative artist. Thanks!

EASTER BLESSINGS

Shadow's Mom 02-22-2014 10:37 AM

Wow...what an amazing artist...thanks Polly! And thank you Audrie for posting this!

LOVEFEST2014I Die Cut Thank You

justwritedesigns 02-22-2014 10:47 AM

What a fun site! Thanks, Audrie! Here's my Hydrangea Day . Thanks so much for looking!

Cards_By_America 02-22-2014 01:59 PM

A dimensional one from me; Dimension for IC429 by Cards_By_America - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

parknslide 02-22-2014 08:05 PM

Salley's little dolls reminded me of the "Worry Dolls" I have in my stash: IC429, SC476, Worry Dolls by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 02-23-2014 08:12 AM

I was inspired by the embroidery sampler to use different stitches on each flower centre on this card. Bit of a small canvas to do work on, though ;-).
LOVEFEST2014H Heartfelt Sunshine

Rachelrose 02-23-2014 09:28 AM

What an amazing artist Salley Mavor is! I thoroughly enjoyed doing my version of her Birds of Beebe Woods:

Beebe Birds

BobbiesGirl 02-23-2014 12:57 PM

I love this site and had great fun making my card. Took all day yesterday on purpose this time.

Dockside 02-25-2014 06:02 AM

Lovely inspiration site this week! My card is as dimensional as I can get. I seldom make fancy folds so this took a little longer than usual. This is a rabbit family of note; Peter Rabbit's in fact. Here is my card
IC429 Peter Rabbit and Family by Dockside - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers