Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC397 ~ The Pastry Store {07-13-13} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic397-%7E-pastry-store-%7B07-13-13%7D-575720/)

SmilynStef 07-12-2013 05:02 PM

IC397 ~ The Pastry Store {07-13-13}

5 Attachment(s)
Inspiration Challenge 397 ~ The Pastry Studio

This week's Inspiration Challenge site was discovered by Julie ( justwritedesigns ), who thought the gorgeous cakes from The Pastry Studio would inspire fabulous card designs.

Sherri Meyers opened the pastry studio in the summer of 1999. Since then, her studio's cake designs have been featured in The Knot, Weddings Illustrated, Brides Florida, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Beautiful Bride, as well as several other notable magazines and multiple national blogs.

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many choices, I�ve uploaded five of my favorites � so just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration.

The rest of you, remember to let us know which product from The Pastry Studio that inspired you.

Use the keyword: IC395 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words.

Justwritedesigns' sample ~ Gold Embossed Wedding

My sample ~ Have a Beer

IC397 Gallery

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for notifications.
Posting your Image card.

hobbydujour 07-12-2013 06:32 PM

WOW...what a site, Stephanie. The cakes are edible works of art! I enjoyed looking at each and every one. Thanks.

SEASHELLS

Biggan 07-12-2013 10:55 PM

Thanks for the inspiration! Here�s mine;

Azur

TFL!
Birgit

k dunbrook 07-13-2013 03:01 AM

what awesome cakes.....thanks.

here is my card:

Natural Beauty

jdmommy 07-13-2013 04:47 AM

Here's mine:

Octagon Rose Cake

Clownmom 07-13-2013 04:57 AM

What a yummy site, Steph. Here's my card -- Heron Silhouette .

asweetjewel 07-13-2013 04:59 AM

Can I just say I am craving cake this morning? You chose a fabulous site Stephanie...perfect inspiration for 2 weddings I have coming up in August! I hope to be back soon with at least one card, I can't stop looking at the gorgeous wedding cakes.

peeps321 07-13-2013 05:33 AM

I'm dying for a piece of cake right now!!! That site has incredible edibles!! Thank you Julie and Stef!

Sorry I'm Not Sharing!

coffeestamper 07-13-2013 06:09 AM

Here is mine:
IC397-MASCULINE BEER! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

angelladcrockett 07-13-2013 06:13 AM

My goodness, these cakes are super fabulous and yummy looking!!!! Great challenge....thanks so much!!!!

Remembering With You

Crafty Julia 07-13-2013 07:18 AM

IC397 Better Late Than Heifer!

I was inspired by the wonderful 3-D Moose cake and used October Afternoons' Farm Fresh for my brown cow. Added some tulips and a sentiment from Hambo Stamps. This is dedicated to my niece, who is turning 8-here's Better Late Than Heifer!

BarbieP 07-13-2013 08:41 AM

Oh My, what a magnificent site. Here is my card:

Inspired Rose by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

rlcstamps 07-13-2013 09:07 AM

I took my inspiration from the carriage on this cake andrew

Here is my card Owl baby shower by rlcstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL :)

asweetjewel 07-13-2013 10:23 AM

This inspiration site was perfect timing. I have 2 weddings in August, and one of the Jack & Jill's is today. Although I haven't seen a color swatch, the bride has chosen a shade of purple for the bridesmaids dresses. I chose this cake as my inspiration for their card, *http://www.thepastrystudio.com/Weddi...s3/turner.html and here is my card, *Best Wishes by asweetjewel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers. I was hoping to get the second one made, but looks like another day. Thanks for taking a peek!

Stamperrobin 07-13-2013 01:00 PM

IC397 WEDDING CAKE-SHANNON

Hello ladies,
Here is my card...not what I hoped for and very hard to photograph as it is white on white, but here it is. You pretty much have to look up close to see the stamped/heat embossed image/words.
my inspiration comes from: shannon
My card: IC397 WEDDING-SHANNON by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers :D

BarbieP 07-13-2013 04:14 PM

Here is my second card for today's IC:

Dragonfly Collage by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Waratah 07-13-2013 06:11 PM

Here's my card for the Inspiration Challenge. Lots of great ideas here, but I chose number 4 of Stef's favourites with the beautiful colours and the oriental theme.

genistamps 07-13-2013 06:58 PM

This was an awsome site!! Wish I'd had time to play along today, but it's been a busy one at my house. Maybe I can play later. I've seen some wonderful cards in the gallery!

HamiltonGal 07-13-2013 07:23 PM

Yummy website! Here's my card - TFL!

gabalot 07-13-2013 09:16 PM

Happy Sunday! Here are two cards I made for yesterdays FAB IC challenge:

IC397 Warm Thoughts by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

IC397 Let it Snow by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

THANKS for looking! :)

I.M.creations 07-15-2013 08:45 PM

Here is my card:

IC397 purple wedding card by I.M.creations - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

my inspiration was:

heather

Thank you for a great challenge.

Precious Kitty 07-16-2013 03:22 PM

I could have sworn there be a black, red and gold cake .... anyway, I guess I used a imagined cake from la la land ... and here is the card to prove it. LOL

IC397: Heart of Gold

parknslide 07-17-2013 12:32 AM

This site is the perfect definition of "eye candy"---here's my card using the Darcy wedding cake for inspiration: IC397---Darcy by parknslide - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scootsv 07-17-2013 01:56 PM

What beauty to choose from. I choose the "Philip Cake" and here is my card. Philip Cake
The link to their site is on my card. tfl

Stampin Leigh 07-20-2013 05:43 AM

My card was inspired by this wedding cake.

morgan

Here is my card So Kind of You by Stampin Leigh - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Leigh-Anne