Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC263 ~ Don Cherry's Jackets {12-18-10} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic263-%7E-don-cherrys-jackets-%7B12-18-10%7D-515088/)

SmilynStef 12-17-2010 07:21 PM

IC263 ~ Don Cherry's Jackets {12-18-10}

3 Attachment(s)
This week's SCS Inspiration Challenge was suggested by Jo (Reddyisco). She was sitting at home on a Saturday night with her laptop on her lap browsing the galleries, while her husband was watching Hockey Night in Canada. She was watching TV out of the corner of her eye, when Coach's Corner with Don Cherry came on. She looked at his jacket and thought ... that would make a pretty card.

You know we've all done that ... I've even been known to snap covert pictures of outfits I see for later inspiration. So Jo does what any inquisitive creative soul would do ... she goes surfing to see if there's a website featuring Mr. Cherry's fabulous attire, and sure enough there is (another jacket link here) ... and an Inspiration Challenge was born.

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many choices, I�ve uploaded three of my favorites � so just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. The rest of you, remember to let us know which Don Cherry Jacket inspired you.

Use the keyword: IC263 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your key words.

Reddyisco's sample ~ FC8200

My sample ~ Out of the Park

IC263 Gallery

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for notifications.
Posting your Image

Clownmom 12-17-2010 07:29 PM

Can you tell I've been stalking this thread? Gonna go check out the site for some inspiration!

vdutchr 12-17-2010 07:30 PM

Oh that is too fun! I will see if I can come up with something! What a character!

vdutchr 12-17-2010 08:02 PM

Well this was perfect for a gift I needed for tomorrow! Thanks Stef

IC263-GKD

hobbydujour 12-17-2010 08:19 PM

Stef and JO what an inspired site! WOW...those are SOME jackets. The fabrics are really quite lovely in themselves. It was fun interpreting one into a card. Thanks!

RED ORANGE BLOOMS

Clownmom 12-17-2010 08:25 PM

I was able to make a masculine birthday card, which is not always easy for me.

Black Plaid Birthday

Bailmac 12-17-2010 08:47 PM

Yikes! Never in my wildest dreams. I had to carry the laptop over to my husband....but of course, he already knew:)

ChristineCreations 12-17-2010 09:17 PM

Ok that is an awesome challenge...he's legendary here in Canada for his outlandish suits. I won't be able to play this time but what a great IC! Have fun girls!

jazzytobi 12-17-2010 11:35 PM

Yah... as a Canadian I've been forced to see Don's vast wardrobe offerings and have shaken my head at nearly every outfit.. The dude is crazy!! (but oh so funny... lol) I will get started tonight!! Thanx Stef!

sumtoy 12-17-2010 11:42 PM

This was a fun challenge. I thought this was a cute jacket and the minute I saw it ...I knew I had just the stamp to make the card

IC263-Jacket Flowers by sumtoy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan 12-17-2010 11:45 PM

Thanks Stef! Inspiration can be found everywhere! :D

Here�s my cards;

Mini cards

TFL!

Birgit

craftycaro 12-18-2010 01:16 AM

It's been a while since I've had a chance to play and glad I did today. This was fun....thanks Stef!

Here's mine:
Inspired by Polka Dots

TFL!

bfinlay 12-18-2010 01:53 AM

I can sure identify with being inspired in unusual places, happens all the time! Here's my Button Blossoms based on one of Don's jackets.

hobbydujour 12-18-2010 03:08 AM

Back to do another.......a plaid jacket inspired me for a thank yoiu note I needed. Thanks, Stef and Jo!

BIRDIE & BERRIES THANK YOU

Vicky Gould 12-18-2010 03:09 AM

I do NOT like sports of any kind. But, I now have a new idol. Don Cherry is a man who exudes self-confidence and fun! He must be quite the man! I had fun looking at all his jackets. Thanks for a fun website, Stef.

Here's my:

Bold and Free (which as I type the name of the set, I realize also applies to Don Cherry!!!)

Have a good weekend!

k dunbrook 12-18-2010 03:25 AM

Just tooo funny and fun...
here is my card:

You've Been Elf-ed

schirmcat 12-18-2010 03:36 AM

Oh how FUN! I am not a big follower of hockey unless it's the Buffalo Sabres score on local TV or if I go to a Rochester Amerks game (like once every 5 years!). Who KNEW of such a crazy set of jackets, so excited to see them!

jdmommy 12-18-2010 03:49 AM

Stef, these jackets were such fun!! He sure has a great sense of humor!! Here's mine:IC263 Ripples of Pink and Plaid by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

allee's 12-18-2010 03:59 AM

Don Cherry has a wardrobe only a stamper could love!! Thanks for this fun challenge, Stephanie!

Here is my card:

Pink and Red Carnations

NANCYRUTH 12-18-2010 04:11 AM

Here's my card!!! Hope ya like it as much as I liked my in spiration jacket!!! Thanks Stef!!!

DawnL 12-18-2010 04:18 AM

OH how FUN! thanks Stef AND Jo and her DH! lol

Karen B Barber 12-18-2010 04:27 AM

This was the cutest idea EVER to be inspired by this mans' wardrobe!! I was scared by the loudness at first but then found the great polka dot suit.....so I played it safe and here is mine:

IC263 - CHALLENGE JUNKIE by Karen B Barber - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Too much FUN!! Happy Saturday everyone!

Francie G. 12-18-2010 04:56 AM

Thanks for the fun site, Stef and Jo!

Here is my card:Merry Christmas Cardinal (FG) by Francie G. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 12-18-2010 05:03 AM

I was just so struck by the colors that I had to do another!! Here it is:IC263 Combining Challenges by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampingQueenJAR 12-18-2010 05:32 AM

Fun challenge!
Here is my MONKEY SUITS~

Clownmom 12-18-2010 06:38 AM

Don Cherry's jackets are so outrageous that I was compelled to make a second card -- actually a gift card holder for my granddaughter.

Snowman Gift Card Holder

artystamper 12-18-2010 07:06 AM

well - how fun are this guy's jackets! here's my inspired card: IC263 Merci for the Colorful Jackets! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rox71 12-18-2010 07:26 AM

Wow, that yellow checked jacket could give a person a migraine if they look for very long, what a colorful guy!
Thanks for the challenge Stephanie, fun site Jo!

Big Winter Moon

stampingout 12-18-2010 07:59 AM

Here is my card!

Don Cherry Inspired...IC263 by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Toy 12-18-2010 08:10 AM

All that plaid on the inspiration site was eye candy to me! I LOVE plaid!!!

Here's mine:

~ Rejoice in the Lord ~

TFL!~

jojot 12-18-2010 08:51 AM

Here is mine

PLAID

thanks for looking

StephStamps1982 12-18-2010 09:02 AM

Oh My goodness...those are some crazy jackets and ties! I'll go back and see if anything inspires me and see what I can make...oh I need to make something today! LOL

Cook22 12-18-2010 09:03 AM

Cheerful Check
That was one fun IC site - DH enjoyed taking a look too.

MariLynn 12-18-2010 09:27 AM

IC263 Ugly Sweater Prize by MariLynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I needed to make an altered can as the prize for my kid's band party. They needed a prize for the UGLIEST SWEATER CONTEST. Made me smile when I saw today's inspiration.

Thanks again Stef for the wonderful challenge.

uncbballfan 12-18-2010 09:48 AM

Here's my entry for today's challenge. What fun! I love seeing all of your entries.

HamiltonGal 12-18-2010 11:14 AM

Great inspiration - lots of colours and patterns to choose from! Don must have a huge closet, because you never see him in the same jacket twice!

Here's my card - I'm off to a Christmas dinner and will be later tonight to comment and see what everyone has done!!

mlj-mlj 12-18-2010 11:48 AM

What fun! I'm off to do some shopping but I'm definitely planning some time in the studio today. I've missed playing the challenges, viewing the galleries and the blogs, and all of you, dear friends! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

SweetnSassyStamps 12-18-2010 11:49 AM

Very interesting challenge today :)...thanks, Stef! Here's mine: Dad's Birthday Card F4A43, IC263 by sweetnsassystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Dara 12-18-2010 12:28 PM

here's mine. tfl
IC263 by Dara - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tropicalsmiles 12-18-2010 12:51 PM

wow great cards ladies!!!