Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #1321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just sent my box of 51 off to Texas. Yeah! Got a bit of a let down feeling now. ...need to tidy up the craft room that's for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #1322  
Gallery Gazer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have officially conceded defeat! I've spent the past THREE HOURS looking all over town for some glossy cardstock - NONE ANYWHERE!!! I already tried the salted background technique with non-glossy and it was an epic fail, so I can't do that one. DH is getting off work early (like, in an hour) so he'll be underfoot. We're supposed to go to a friend's house tomorrow, my own abode is a shambles, and I'm just frazzled!!! I will have to be content with the 31 cards that I've made - which is roughly triple the output for the entire year prior to this event - and attempt royalty a different year. Hats off to all of the queens and all who made EXTRA!!! YOU ROCK!!!

In order to calm myself a bit, I'm going to go into my crafty space and do some organizing. I bought some trading card pocket pages and I need to put a piece of every dp I own in them so I don't have to open nine different Iris cases to find what I want to use. Actually, it's more like so I even know what I have to use! Amber is waaaaaaay too generous, and I can't hold all the pretties in my head...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #1323  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 312 Likes on 143 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlForums at Splitcoaststampers
I have officially conceded defeat! I've spent the past THREE HOURS looking all over town for some glossy cardstock - NONE ANYWHERE!!! I already tried the salted background technique with non-glossy and it was an epic fail, so I can't do that one. DH is getting off work early (like, in an hour) so he'll be underfoot. We're supposed to go to a friend's house tomorrow, my own abode is a shambles, and I'm just frazzled!!! I will have to be content with the 31 cards that I've made - which is roughly triple the output for the entire year prior to this event - and attempt royalty a different year. Hats off to all of the queens and all who made EXTRA!!! YOU ROCK!!!

In order to calm myself a bit, I'm going to go into my crafty space and do some organizing. I bought some trading card pocket pages and I need to put a piece of every dp I own in them so I don't have to open nine different Iris cases to find what I want to use. Actually, it's more like so I even know what I have to use! Amber is waaaaaaay too generous, and I can't hold all the pretties in my head...
LOL - FYI you can do that technique without glossy paper - as a matter of fact I've never tried glossy with it - I need to!

However, the amount of pigment is key. Tube watercolors work best for salt - heavier bodied pigments are better. Dye inks don't work that great.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #1324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

I added a video to the Forums at Splitcoaststampers, were you able to watch it?
All my samples use regular watercolor paper, heavily saturated with water (sprayed on) and basic watercolors by crayola. I used rock salt because I liked the results best but ALL salts create beautiful effects. The trick is to let it dry completely before wiping the salt off.
I'm sorry the challenge caused you grief.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #1325  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueForums at Splitcoaststampers
LOL - FYI you can do that technique without glossy paper - as a matter of fact I've never tried glossy with it - I need to!

However, the amount of pigment is key. Tube watercolors work best for salt - heavier bodied pigments are better. Dye inks don't work that great.
The poppy I made for Dina's challenge was salt on glossy paper.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #1326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Two left!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #1327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I didn't do mine on glossy either and it still came out. If you want glossy, have you tried photo paper? That's worked for me in the past on alcahol ink projected where glossy paper was a must
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #1328  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeenny2010Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I have just uploaded my 10 extra but I dont think they are going to be all in the gallery by cut off time. Cheers
Was I supposed to photograph and upload my extras? I made a total of 60 cards for M.D. Anderson but only photographed and uploaded the 40 challenge cards.

BTW ... My box of cards went postal today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #1329  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3Forums at Splitcoaststampers
My poor little grandson who's birthday party is tomorrow is sick, so no babysitting today!
Oh, poor little guy. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow so he can enjoy his party!

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Don't think we are going to reach 5,000 but I do wish that we would get at least the highest totals from all the years! But that is a lot too!! 4,647 in 2013!! We are at...4,312 at my post!
Ah, this is why we supposed to photograph and upload our extras. Sorry, but I shipped my box without uploading the extras. I'll remember to do it next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #1330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

So excited about all of the cards being uploaded and mailed! What a GREAT testimony of the generosity of this stamping community!!

I made a few more cards today, but there is no way I will have them uploaded on time. I will be gone most of tomorrow. I did not complete as many challenges as I had hoped, but I went to my "unfinished" project pile, and FINISHED 6 cards. One item was a stamped and colored Rose image...perfect for one of the last challenges.

I will hopefully mail my box on Monday morning. I have somewhere between 25-30 cards. I may get more done tomorrow night. Too late for prizes...but it's all about the patients at MD Anderson, any way.

Happy Stamping & Mailing!
Kim in Illinois Proud SCS Fan Club Member!!My Gallery QFTD#207 My blog: Stamping for LIFE!
Summer Virtual Stamp Night: Fantasy Worlds!Mini is Fri May 21Main is June 18 & 19
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #1331  
Insane Embellisher

I was thinking the same about how many we had this year was it more or less than last year Gallery 4357 thanks gallery mods all my cards are up while I was sleeping ,now to clean up as I just walked out at about 1.30 am this morning & left it a rainbow of cardstock & stamp sets Have to make a card for my dh 's birthday plus get started on Christmas cards ,tags & gift bags & boxes I had a great month making my cards ,I hope they brighten someone's day ,one of my oldest friends was diagnosed this year with breast cancer ,I made her a set if thank you cards & a card for her ,they arrived on a bad day fir her but she said they brightened her day so every card I was thinking of her Cheers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #1332  
Rubber Obsessor

Gallery Update: 4356. WOW!!! The gallery is full of gorgeous cards!! Can't wait to see what our final total will be tomorrow. Everyone has went above and beyond for this challenge. Thanks to everyone that participated. I know I have had a great time here doing the challenges.

One last thing that would be really great is for all of us to be sure we leave comments on these gorgeous cards. So if you haven't left comments plz take a couple of minutes and leave some. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #1333  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 657 Likes on 324 Posts

Ok, I am finally done, just uploaded another 18, which makes 40 cards for today and 10 yesterday! 50 extra cards!

I did all the challenges in two days, yesterday and today!! A bit simpler this third time!!

My grand total for challenges done: 155, other cards sent from stash 100!

Total of 255 cards sent for my first year participating!!

These last ones will get mailed on Tuesday, have to bag and box them!

Back to baking now!!

Thanks everyone for a fantastic card drive!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #1334  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #1335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 225 Likes on 124 Posts

Smiley from Millan.Net

OMGOSH Ann, WOW!!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #1336  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished my last three!! Now I have to take pictures and upload those first thing tomorrow. Cutting it close, but my husband encouraged me to go finish because he knew I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't. I also need to run buy the post office for a larger box.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #1337  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I just finished my last three!! Now I have to take pictures and upload those first thing tomorrow. Cutting it close, but my husband encouraged me to go finish because he knew I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't. I also need to run buy the post office for a larger box.

Congrats! I just finished my last three, too! I have ten to upload, though, so I'm doing five now. One year, I uploaded nineteen on the last day. I think you could only do three at a time then. It took forever!

Laugh Hard. Run Fast. Be Kind
- Twelve
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #1338  

And I obviously need to go to bed since I used buy for by. Goodness!

Yay for us finishing up the card making part tonight!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #1339  
Gallery Gazer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapaholic007Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I added a video to the Forums at Splitcoaststampers, were you able to watch it?
All my samples use regular watercolor paper, heavily saturated with water (sprayed on) and basic watercolors by crayola. I used rock salt because I liked the results best but ALL salts create beautiful effects. The trick is to let it dry completely before wiping the salt off.
I'm sorry the challenge caused you grief.
No need to apologize - the challenge didn't cause me grief! Techniques in general make me twitchy, and I was doing everything on the fly, so I didn't watch the video (shame on me - would've been a better use of time than chasing all over looking for glossy cardstock!) Anyway - I WILL try it again because it looks great and I don't want failure to be the end of the story, just not in time to upload by noon tomorrow...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #1340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!!! Great picture- i see some "From the Heart" images

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #1341  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Can't believe I finshed and got it all loaded! And there's 4389 cards loaded. We are very impressive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 03:36 AM   #1342  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I just have one word for Ann......AMAZING!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 03:48 AM   #1343  
Matboard Maniac

Whew! I only got 3 done these last couple of evenings, hard to stay motivated, but that's 27 challenges complete for me! I went ahead & took nighttime pics to get these last few uploaded now. It's after 3:30 am here in AK, (time for many of you to be getting up) so there's no way I was going to be up before 9am my time to get them uploaded by 9 (3 hrs behind CST)! I'm off to bed now! Good morning all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 04:00 AM   #1344  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 767 Likes on 346 Posts

Quote:

And I obviously need to go to bed since I used buy for by.
That's OK. You have shopping on your mind! Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 04:31 AM   #1345  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 146 Likes on 107 Posts

Yeah for everyone...and so many bright colors in those cards...I really need to add something to my line of colors (don't remind me that I used to have ALL the SU colors and felt overwhelmed with so much stuff that I sold all but 10 colors!)

Sorry to have the challenges end but the desire to gift to others stays with me all year while I donate to my own little local hospital all because of being bitten by HYCCT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 04:36 AM   #1346  
Proud Fan Club Member

This morning 10-year old Hannah comes to make cards for her little ministry...she sends cards to people in her church that are older or sick...and she makes birthday cards for people too...

She likes using the Cuttlebug, I buy those boxed cards from JoAnn's or Michaels, the front is her dp and the back is her back layer...then she has learned to cut a shape out of the back layer and I have a box of words that she then cuts out with a die and makes really cute cards!

She adds ribbon or brads...and usually uses my layout style but she sometimes does her own too!

Fun morning ahead (she'll be here about 3 hours and make about 15-20 cards she hopes!) I do all her cutting of the card bases and dp...she does the rest and she flies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 05:02 AM   #1347  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 225 Likes on 124 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramommaForums at Splitcoaststampers
Yeah for everyone...and so many bright colors in those cards...I really need to add something to my line of colors (don't remind me that I used to have ALL the SU colors and felt overwhelmed with so much stuff that I sold all but 10 colors!)

Sorry to have the challenges end but the desire to gift to others stays with me all year while I donate to my own little local hospital all because of being bitten by HYCCT!
Have you seen that hero arts line by Jennifer McGuire that is the

"share handmade kindness?"

very cool for rak cards I am thinking to maybe use some of the sentiments on the outside of envelopes.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 05:37 AM   #1348  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnForums at Splitcoaststampers
Have you seen that hero arts line by Jennifer McGuire that is the

"share handmade kindness?"

very cool for rak cards I am thinking to maybe use some of the sentiments on the outside of envelopes.
This post needed an enabler alert...thank you very much I have now!

AND just in case someone else didn't know...they have ombre ink pads...including a purple one...uhm...if anyone looked at my ombre card they would know I need to purchase one of those ink pads SOON!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 05:37 AM   #1349  

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
That's OK. You have shopping on your mind! Lol
Well, I do need some Copic refills.... Ha!

I'm all done and uploaded to the queens thread. So happy to have finished them all again. This time of year is difficult for me and I am always so thankful to have a goal to work towards. Now I'm going to start planning my 40th birthday plan of 40 random acts of kindness. I have about 5 weeks or so to get my plan together for that and part of it will require cards so more stamping!

Big, big, big thanks to all of you who left so many kind and encouraging comments over the past 5 weeks. You are all awesome and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #1350  
Insane Embellisher

Rita,so glad you made the Queens list well done ,hope everyone is better in your house now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 05:42 AM   #1351  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Well, I do need some Copic refills.... Ha!

I'm all done and uploaded to the queens thread. So happy to have finished them all again. This time of year is difficult for me and I am always so thankful to have a goal to work towards. Now I'm going to start planning my 40th birthday plan of 40 random acts of kindness. I have about 5 weeks or so to get my plan together for that and part of it will require cards so more stamping!

Big, big, big thanks to all of you who left so many kind and encouraging comments over the past 5 weeks. You are all awesome and I appreciate each and every one of them.

I think I remember why this time of year is difficult for you but I couldn't remember your user name...good to see you could be a queen again!

And for the 40 random acts of kindness I remember the fun year I had doing it in our little local town to complete strangers...we have a little Mayberry RFD gas station and I gave the owner some cash to fill a couple of "older folks" cars...at his discretion because I knew he would know the local people...their responses were priceless...I was born in 58 so next year I turn 58, might need to be planning to put some cash away for another fun time!

Enjoy your 40th...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 06:34 AM   #1352  
Insane Embellisher

Mailed my cards today. This was my first year participating. I hope to do more of the challenges next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 06:35 AM   #1353  

Got mine posted! Whew!

- Twelve
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 06:44 AM   #1354  
Insane Embellisher

Paula saw you just made the Queens list congratulations cheers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #1355  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeenny2010Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Paula saw you just made the Queens list congratulations cheers
Thanks! Been a while since I was this down to the wire!

- Twelve
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 06:57 AM   #1356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Luv Shih Tzus Luv Stamping

Yeah!! I just sent my cards off. I had 40 something of them, but was missing a couple of the challenges. I feel good about my contribution this year. I had a box that even had some pink tissue paper in it from another parcel. What a fun time for sure. Thank you to all of the volunteers. Blessings to all for another year well done!! :>)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 07:07 AM   #1357  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

I got 7 more cards made and updated some of the cards I made during the HYCCT challenges that I had been putting on the pile to send and had not added a HYCCT challenge to the card prior to today. I have an extra 11 that I am sending this year (10 more than last year). Boxing them up and headed to the PO now. I will see if I can get a picture before they are boxed up.

Lydia, thank you so much for all your help and fun this year for HYCCT. We really appreciate all your support.

Looks like we are at 4419...now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #1358  
Compulsive Stamper

Uploaded the last one my extra 10. Whew! This has been fun. I've really learned a little more about the kind of cards I enjoy making. The challenges were good to get to me to think outside the box.
I also saw how much I liked shiny on cards which is so unlike me. I don't wear jewerly except for my wedding band!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #1359  
Glitter Guru

Added five more extras made mostly from my scrap pile!!! We're up to 4424. I'm heading off for a while to walk the pooch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #1360  
Proud Fan Club Member

51 minutes left...sure wish I was making extras but I donated my extras to my local hospital so I didn't upload them to HYCCT.

Hannah's busy making cards...she's only at 10...we took time for "coffee" break...now back to work...
Reply With Quote Likes