Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08

The Bad Girls are here and ready to rock the Scrapbook Diva Designer Challenge!!

Well, they�re not really bad - they�re actually incredibly inspiring, loads of fun, and amazingly sweet!

Individually, they are unbelievably successful designers, and, as a group, their talent is just breathtaking.

Please put your hands together and join me in welcoming the Bad Girls Kit Club Design Team:

Ania � Anne Jo Lexander
Cari Fennell
Iris Babao Uy
Sri Sams
Tracie Hudson
and the owner of Bad Girls Kit Club:
Wendy Rago

Welcome, welcome, ladies, and thank you for diva-ing this week!
I'm so excited to have you here and so looking forward to the week's challenge!

To participate in the challenge, draw on the inspiration from these gifted divas - and be sure to type in SBDD11 for the Keyword when you upload. Thanks to everyone for joining in the challenge! Don�t forget to post a link here to your creation so that we can all ooh and ahhhh ;)

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBDD11

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your questions in this thread.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #2  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woo Hoo! Bad girls, bad girls, whatcha gonna do? hehehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Hi, ladies! My name is Sri and I feel honored and priveleged for welcoming us here. I've been scrapping since 2005 and I can't get enough of stamping and I love to find new ways to use my stamps.

My challenge for you is to find new ways to use your stamps.
In my layout below, I used one of my Autumn Leaves journaling stamp as a background instead of using it for journaling.
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-hatday.jpg   SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-dscf4339-1-medium-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow! I just checked out all of the BAD GIRL web pages - amazing artistry!! Can't wait to see the challenges you provide us this weekend!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sri_View Post
Hi, ladies! My name is Sri and I feel honored and priveleged for welcoming us here. I've been scrapping since 2005 and I can't get enough of stamping and I love to find new ways to use my stamps.

In my layout below, I used one of my Autumn Leaves journaling stamp as a background instead of using it for journaling.
What a great challenge...love your page...the colors are so fun!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Hi Everyone! My name is Wendy Rago, and I am the owner of BAD GIRLS KITS. I reside with my hubby Peter of 16 years and my 2 children in gorgeous Southern California. I started scrapping and stamping about 8 years ago, and what started as a part time hobby has shamelessly become a full time OBSESSION!!! :mrgreen: I hate to admit it, but I have a stash of stamps so large it is hard to contain, yet I keep buying them...what's a BAD GIRL to do???? :rolleyes: Hey....it's cheaper than therapy!!! *wink wink* Besides shopping and scrapbooking you can probably find me at any garage sale, antique store, or with my nose stuck in any good book!

I cannot even tell you how excited I am to be here with my BAD GIRL DESIGNERS!! This is such an AWESOME site and I hope all of you enjoy the challenges we have put together!

Now for the really good news....:cool: I am going to be giving away one of our BAD GIRLS KITS to one lucky winner here!!!! So...what do you have to do??? Just post your challenge project here by Wednesday, January 30th and then we will at random pick one winner...is it really that easy??? YEP! Which kit??? The brand new FEBRUARY kit, which has not yet been released. BUT....there will be sneak peeks of this kit starting on the 26th of this month. Just visit our site or the BLOG!!!!

Now...for my challenge! I have used some really cool stamps on this LO to make my own transparancies. I just love doing this!!! I use Staz-On and clear transparancies...and with that HUGE STASH of stamps and all the colors of Staz -On I have, well, the sky is the limit!!! I made a big swirly one for the upper right corner and I made a frame for my pic! So, I challenge you to have fun and make your own transparancies! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-scslowendy002.jpg  

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #7  
CraZy Cat Lady

Great page Sri, and an interesting challenge too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendy RagoView Post

Now...for my challenge! I have used some really cool stamps on this LO to make my own transparancies. I just love doing this!!! I use Staz-On and clear transparancies...and with that HUGE STASH of stamps and all the colors of Staz -On I have, well, the sky is the limit!!! I made a big swirly one for the upper right corner and I made a frame for my pic! So, I challenge you to have fun and make your own transparancies! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I can't wait to try this...THANK you SO much for the opportunity to win a Bad Girls Feb. kit...How exciting!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #9  
CraZy Cat Lady

Quote:

Now for the really good news....:cool: I am going to be giving away one of our BAD GIRLS KITS to one lucky winner here!!!! So...what do you have to do??? Just post your challenge project here by Wednesday, January 30th and then we will at random pick one winner...is it really that easy??? YEP! Which kit??? The brand new FEBRUARY kit, which has not yet been released. BUT....there will be sneak peeks of this kit starting on the 26th of this month. Just visit our site or the BLOG!!!!
Awesome!!! Thanks for joining us, and I'll have to cook something up this week end. I am sooooo behind on my scrapping, but this just gave me a little EXTRA motivation! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #10  

Quote:

So, I challenge you to have fun and make your own transparancies! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
This looks like fun, Wendy. I've only used a transparency once or twice, so I want to give this one a try. Thanks for the challenge and the offer of a prize!:-D

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sri_View Post

Hi Sri,

I'll need to think a little on this one! Thanks for joining us this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

There is soooo much creativity here! You girls just RAWK! I am sitting on the edge of my seat to see your FAB creations! :cool:

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Tracie Hudson cannot be here to post ladies, so I am going to post her AMAZING project for her!!!

Hi my name is Tracie and I am really pleased to be with you this afternoon.
Like many of the Scrappers in the UK I initially started out as a cardmaker - so I have plenty of stamps left over from my cardmaking days.
I have recently rekindled my love of stamping after I decided to have a go at making my own chipboard embellishments.

I created this lil mini box canvas for one of my fellow Bad Girl team mates.

The flower embellishments were stamped using a set of Flower Foam Stamps from Making Memories - I discovered them lurking at the back of my craft cupboard - ummmm they have been hiding there for a good couple of years!

The images were stamped onto a piece of white Bazzill cardstock - before I began stamping, I gave the cardstock a very quick wipe over with some pink acrylic paint, using a baby wet wipe to create a pink washed out effect.
Once I had stamped all of the images I wanted to use, I applied spray adhesive to the cardstock and then adhered this to a sheet of chipboard.

This is where a steady hand and a lil bit of patience is required!
Using my Kraft knife I cut around the stamped images.
I gave the edges of my chipboard flowers a quick rub over with some sandpaper to smoothe them before I finally inked them.

This is such a quick and easy way to use up some of your stash scraps whilst creating your own unique chipboard embellishments.

Why not have a go for yourself?
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-traciescschallenge.jpg  

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Ania also cannot be here so I am posting for her. Her Layout is just the cutest!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Ania and I live in beautiful Norway with my husband and two children. I have always loved to stamp, and scapbooking just gives me one more reason to get out all my toys and have fun!

In creating this page I really wanted to try something fun and different, so in order to get the stamps to pop and have texture also, I embossed the working on the black file folders in white! I really love the results! I challenge you to use embossing with your stamps! Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-aniascschallenge.jpg  

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Embossing...transparencies...using stamps in unconventional ways...make-your-own chipboard...these are all GREAT challenges (some I have never tried before!). The prize offer is super-cool too! I am still drooling form my visit to see the BAD GIRL goodies on their website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Talking

Hello everyone! I'm Iris and I just want to say how honored and happy I am to be here with you. You are a bunch of creative people and this is such a fun place to be in.

I have been thinking of a challenge and since deco borders are all the rage for a while now, I thought it would be neat for us to create our own deco edges from patterned papers. You just have to look at the paper and see where and how you can create a decorative edge. Here is a layout I created for this challenge. SO the challenge is this:

1. Create your own deco edged border either from following the patterns from the paper or stamping your own patterns and cutting them out.
2. Stamp an image and cut it out to create your own die-cut embellishment in your page.

In my sample I simply followed the design of the paper and cut out a pattern. I used October Afternoon papers and a bunch of lovely Prima flowers. I stamped the flowers using October Afternoon stamp and cut it out so I can apply it as an embellishment. Another thing I did was to cut the background of the photo. I really loved this shot of my daughter but the background was too busy. By cutting out the background I was able to salvage the picture.

Hope you guys will have fun doing this and I look forward to viewing your creations. I am sure to learn some cool stuff from you too!

And (I hope you forgive me for inserting this) should you see a copy of the February issue of Memory Makers, please look at the Master's challenge. I have another example of a deco border I created there. I invite you to join that challenge too when you are done with the challenges here

Thanks for letting me share!:-D
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-fly.jpg  

My Blog

Last edited by iris_sparkup; 01-25-2008 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by iris_sparkupView Post
Hello everyone! I'm Iris and I just want to say how honored and happy I am to be here with you. You are a bunch of creative people and this is such a fun place to be in.

I have been thinking of a challenge and since deco borders are all the rage for a while now, I thought it would be neat for us to create our own deco edges from patterned papers. You just have to look at the paper and see where and how you can create a decorative edge. Here is a layout I created for this challenge.

I simply followed the design of the paper and cut out a pattern. I used October Afternoon papers and a bunch of lovely Prima flowers. I stamped the flowers using October Afternoon stamp and cut it out so I can apply it as an embellishment. Another thing I did was to cut the background of the paper. I really loved this shot of my daughter but the background was too busy. By cutting out the background I was able to salvage the picture.

Hope you guys will have fun doing this and I look forward to viewing your creations. I am sure to learn some cool stuff from you too!

And (I hope you forgive me for inserting this) but should you see a copy of the February issue of Memory Makers, please look at the Master's challenge. I have another example of a deco border I created there. I invite you to join that challenge too when you are done with the challenges here

Thanks for letting me share!:-D
This is so beautiful--I love it and want to give this a try! I subscribe to MM mag. and will look at your challenge too!

Thanks for participating here on SCS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Helllooo everyone!!!
I am a little late to the party--I ended up working today unexpectantly!!
My name is Cari Fennell and I just want to say "thanks so much for having me here!" This place is great!!!
I absolutely love stamping!!!! I try to incorporate it into my designs as often as possible! And I really enjoy working with ALL kinds of mediums-experimenting is the fun part for me! Go figure!

My latest and greatest love is stamping with paint. I love the dimension it gives and the colors are almost always just a vibrant as the papers I use. So the image never gets lost in the design--I feel it compliments it just as much as any embellishment I use.

On this layout -I used the flourish stamps by Fancy Pants to frame in the photos and add a little pop where color was needed. I use the Adirondack Dabbers by Ranger. I love the idea of having the sponge tip applicator on the bottle rather than getting out the paint tray and brush, etc...
I simply dab the paint direct to the stamp and always check for even coverage. Once I have finished stamping-I immediately wash off my stamps in warm water and very mild soap. It always comes right off! Don't allow the paint to sit and dry onto the stamp--it is a bear to clean it later!

Thanks again for having me!!
xoxo Cari
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD11 Bad Girls Kit Club DT 1.25.08-bff.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the great inspiration...LOVE all of your pages and the canvas, too. I have a lot to work on this week!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

WOOHOO!!! BAD girls are rocking!!! Awesome work and fun challenges, everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Hello and good afternoon ladies! Thank you so much for having us (and me again as I was here with the Pencillines-gals earlier this Christmas) - and thank you so much to Wendy who stepped in for me when I wasn't able to post last night

The february kit is simply stunning and so filled to the brim so I have only one more thing to add - have a go at it - take a chance and who knows - maybe you'll be the lucky winner of this yummy kit!

Looking forward to see your hot stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah! I made it home from the soccer tournament with just enough time to finish a page. Here is my attempt at Sri's, Tracie's and Iris' challenges.
I hope to find time to try some of the other challenges soon! (Gotta get the brownies done and the boys fed before we head off to a wine tasting.) TFL!!

BC Ferry:
SBDD11 by derck at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

what great challenges and such wonderful inspiration. I have to try the transparency challenge (I have a whole pack that I have only used 1 sheet out of). this is going to be sooo fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Wow! I must say that the Bad Girls have some Good Ideas and amazing pages!! Thanks for the great challenges this week!!

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #25  

Default Here are mine!!

Here are my entries for the Bad Girls challenge (so far!) I did Iris's and Cari's.

Left

Right

Together

These were so much fun and I hope to do one or two more pages before Wednesday!

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Here is a page combining Tracie's challenge to make chipboard embellies (the stars) and Ania's challenge to use embossing on your page (the title).

ZZZZZZZ...

Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #27  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Here's Mine

Here's my first page for the SBDD11 Challenge!

Family

I'm working on another, there were just too many fun challenges for me to get all on 1 page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my page for Cari's challenge...to use acrylic paint with stamps. I ended up using the paint on more than just the stamps! Thanks for the wonderful challenge.
January in Wisconsin

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Awesome challenges, a prize - this is exciting! I made a page inspired by Wendy's transparency idea, but if I get more time this week I'll have to come back and try the others, they all sound fun - thanks for the inspiration!

Here's my page for Wendy's challenge:
Little Santa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

I made another page tonight...this one combines Wendy's transparency challenge and Cari's paint challenge. When I was uploading, I hit submit before I entered the entire recipe...I've edited, but so far no changes have taken effect...so sorry if you can't see the recipe yet :rolleyes:

Faces of Jeremy

Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Whoo, these challenges are all amazing, and what you're all doing with them is awesome! I need to come back and spend some more time in the gallery

Thanks so much for all of the inspiration this week, Wendy and DT!!

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a page for Ania's challenge..to emboss using stamps. I embossed the title. Thanks for the great challenge!
{reflect}

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Sri's challenge

Growing up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #34  
Glitter Queen

WOW ladies!! I am just amazed at how gorgoeus your challenge LO's are!! Thanks so very much for participating in the challenge! And remember...you have til Wednesday to upload all your projects for a chance at winning a Feb. kit...so hurry!!!!! I wanna see MORE!!!

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

I finished another page today. It's pretty basic, but it includes a few more challenges. This one incorporates pieces from Sri's, Tracie's, Ania's and Iris's challenges.

Picture 1
Persistance by olgy15 at Splitcoaststampers
Picture 2
Persistance by olgy15 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is one for Iris's challenge:
So Grown Up

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #37  
Glitter Queen

Lovin all your work girls!!! Keep them coming!

BAD GIRLS KITS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #38  
Insane Embellisher

Default Here's Mine

I just found out about this challenge today and wanted to jump in! I love Bad Girls kits! You guy are so inspiring!

Here are the 2 layouts I made:

Sri's Challenge

Wendy's Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 AM   #39  

Default Another double-pager

Here are two more pages for the Bad Girls' wonderful challenges!

Aniia's and Iris's:

Right

Left

Both

Thanks, Bad Girls -- you're awesome!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

here are my pages:

more than a ZOO
for Cari's challenge, stamp with paint

left

for Wendy's challenge, the title is on a transparency

right
Reply With Quote Likes