Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Holiday Happening Scrap Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/holiday-happening-scrap-challenge-126/)
-   -   SIC87 (11/29/10) - Persnickety Holiday Preparations (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/holiday-happening-scrap-challenge-126/sic87-11-29-10-persnickety-holiday-preparations-513441/)

wendella247 11-29-2010 08:02 AM

SIC87 (11/29/10) - Persnickety Holiday Preparations

We�re well into the holiday season! I hope all of you who celebrate enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Now that we�re almost into December, I�m sure you�re gearing up for any holidays you celebrate during the upcoming month!

I had planned to post a challenge about holiday preparations and, lo and behold, I was pleased to find just such a challenge being offered at Papers & Pixels�with a $25.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE offered as a PRIZE!! :lol: I thought I�d turn this into this week�s inspiration challenge so everyone will have a chance to win this generous prize! Both paper and digi scrappers are welcome to play! Read on�

Some of you may remember Laura Boetto who hosted the digital scrapbooking challenge here on SCS for a while. Laura is now a writer & contributor to a new online magazine and website called Papers & Pixels. From now until the deadline of December 6, Persnickety Prints, through Papers & Pixels, is generously offering a $25.00 Gift Certificate (including 12x12 prints) to one of the lucky participants posting a page in the Papers & Pixels gallery.

Persnickety Prints is a professional photo processing lab & studio doing business for 23 years in Orem, Utah; & for the past seven years, has been an online business as well. I know of a number of extremely talented paper crafters on Splitcoast Stampers who are customers of Persnickety Prints. [Read more about Persnickety Prints here.]

Here is a summary of the challenge:

The Challenge: Create a scrapbook layout about one of your holiday traditions that you�re persnickety about. (The word �persnickety� has a long history and, by most accounts, dates back to Scotland where it was used to describe a person or business that required painstaking care in everything they did. That�s exactly how Persnickety Prints handles all of its orders and customers.) This could be about how painstakingly you set your holiday dinner table, or how fussy you are about wrapping your gifts. You must use the word �persnickety� somewhere on your layout. You may use photos, papers and elements of your choice. The challenge is open to digital and paper crafters.

To be eligible for the prize, the deadline to upload your entries to the Papers & Pixels gallery is December 6, 2010. [Note: Your page must be uploaded to the Papers & Pixels gallery to be eligible for the prize. We�d also love to see your page here in the Scrapbook Inspiration gallery! You may post a page anytime here on SCS (Use keyword SIC87.)]

More details on the contest information and posting your page in the Papers & Pixels gallery can be found here and the gallery is here. Please submit only one entry per person.

I hope you'll get some time to play!!

eeddmm 11-30-2010 06:25 PM

I had read about this challenge when Laura had posted in another thread. Kind of sad to think I have no traditions at all for any of the holidays. I've always gone to others' houses so I've never done anything on a regular basis that was special. I remember my parents doing a huge New Year's party every year as a kid and me having to devein the shrimp. (I hate shrimp btw!) I used to set up a lighted village for Christmas but don't have any pictures and I stopped doing that when DGS was little. Now I don't have any room to put them up since 'someone' took over my fireplace mantel with a wide screen flat TV. Oh well. I'll just have to enjoy the layouts that others do for this challenge!

MaggieMayLove 11-30-2010 06:32 PM

Hi Terry,
Oh you have to play! Surely this is something you remember about a holiday. Remember you don't always have to have a photo or image on the layout, sometimes it's just great to journal! Hope you'll give it a try.
Hugs,
Laura

wendella247 11-30-2010 07:14 PM

I agree with Laura -- your journaling could include what you just posted!

I'm working on a layout, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit in the word persnickety!

MaggieMayLove 12-01-2010 04:05 AM

LOL giggle. Persnickety, it's a funny little word with so much connotation, isn't it? I think it would be great to do a layout using just papers, elements and journaling. Like Wendy said, you can even talk about not having a Christmas tradition! Can't wait to see yours Wendy!

eeddmm 12-01-2010 06:02 AM

I have been mulling it over in my mind since last night and on the way to work this morning, I thought about trying to do something with the way my stepmom always went WAY OUT for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. So I might just give it a try if I get the time this week/weekend. Thanks for giving me permission to do a look back rather than something current...:)

MaggieMayLove 12-01-2010 07:54 AM

Oh good, Terry! I know it will be something very special!:)

eeddmm 12-03-2010 02:57 PM

I did this layout for the Inspiration challenge which is also the challenge at Papers and Pixels. Not quite what I started out thinking it would be but it's OK for not having any "old" pictures on it. I just didn't have enough room for my cookies list so I put down all the ones I could remember...I'm sure that there were more. Our freezer was very full until Christmas time! Maybe now that DGS is getting older, I might just start making cookies cause I'm sure he would LOVE to help! I'm probably too persnickety to just let go and let the flour fly however!

Cookies

TFL!

MaggieMayLove 12-03-2010 04:19 PM

Oh Terry,
I just love it, what lovely memories. I have always like layouts with lots of journaling and the cookies, I am so hungry now. Thank you for playing!

wendella247 12-03-2010 08:26 PM

Great job on the challenge, Terry. So glad you thought of something to scrap --It turned out great!! Thanks for playing.

I finally got my page done for the challenge and posted it over at Papers & Pixels too!

Advent Santa

:):):)