Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Holiday Happening Scrap Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/holiday-happening-scrap-challenge-126/)
-   -   SIC116 (01/16/12) Button, Button, Where's the Buttons? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/holiday-happening-scrap-challenge-126/sic116-01-16-12-button-button-wheres-buttons-546291/)

smadson 01-16-2012 05:11 AM

SIC116 (01/16/12) Button, Button, Where's the Buttons?

Happy New Year!
We begin with a clean slate with our scrapbooking goals. I even begin the new year with a newly done craft room! So exciting! One thing though that I found as I sorted and reorganized was that I have a lot of embelishments. For example a large plastic container of buttons!
That brings us to our challenge. I was inspired to do something with those buttons! So your challenge is to use buttons on your page!
Challenge: Do a page that incorporates buttons!
It could be in the photos, or in the boarders, or embellies. However you want to use them. My Sample: How Hot is It?
Check out the Button, Button, Where's the Buttons? Gallery
I look forward to seeing your pages ladies! As always, they can be paper, digi or hybrid!!! Please remember to add SIC116 and sbc12jan (or whatever month you do this challenge in, because you can do this challenge anytime you want. There is no time limit!) to your keywords so we find your pages.

Also, you don't have to, but post a link in this thread, so we know you did one for this challenge. And post a "Hi" , even if you just stop by and read the challenge. Let us know you were here. :) We would like to know how many read these challenges. LOL

princessp1971 01-16-2012 05:34 AM

Great challenge I love buttons!

fmtinsley 01-16-2012 07:09 AM

Hi, Sharon! great challenge. maybe I can get in my craft room today. ABC gave me back another hour of my afternoon as of today. (my favorite soap's last episode was Friday - :( )

muzbysmom 01-16-2012 09:54 AM

I definitely have quite a few buttons in my stash...... now lets see if I can figure out a use for them!

smadson 01-16-2012 02:16 PM

Hi Lynn, Patti, and Michele! I do hope you do some "button" pages! I think they are fun to do. It is just the matter, with me anyway, to be reminded to use them!

I plan on doing another one.
:)
Sharon

sewflake 01-16-2012 03:45 PM

I have so many buttons that I would love to use tons on a page. Soon, real soon I hope.

smadson 01-16-2012 06:18 PM

Used some more buttons! Here are two more pages! Combined them with the Stacked up Variety Challenge. Retirement pg 1 Retirement pg. 2.
Sharon look forward to seeing yours!
Sharon

kec812 01-21-2012 05:54 AM

Ok I have been looking around for some challenges to do as the site that I use to do challenges by closed so I am here to join if no one has a complaint with that.....and this is a great challenge for me as there are probably more buttons in my craft room than anything else.......now what to do with them....

smadson 01-21-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kec812 (Post 19107361)
Ok I have been looking around for some challenges to do as the site that I use to do challenges by closed so I am here to join if no one has a complaint with that.....and this is a great challenge for me as there are probably more buttons in my craft room than anything else.......now what to do with them....

:) I know about how all those buttons add up! LOL
I am so glad you are joining us! Did you look in the Button Gallery to see how the others used them? In centers of flowers, as a boarder, just add them anywhere. Lay them of the page and look at them.
Have fun with it. Can't wait to see what you do.
sharon

fmtinsley 01-21-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kec812 (Post 19107361)

Welcome! We are happy to have you join us. There are several scrapbook challenges to participate in here. Here is a link to the main page of scrapbook challenge threads: Splitcoaststampers Scrapbook Challenges Forum - Information, Ideas, Discussion & More .

I hope you join us for more.

misscindy 01-23-2012 03:06 PM

Hi. I stopped by to read the challenge

smadson 01-23-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misscindy (Post 19114628)
Hi. I stopped by to read the challenge

Thanks for letting us know! :) Stop by anytime and say "Hi"! Hope you might take the challenge!

Sharon

AnniePanda 01-24-2012 02:45 PM

Ok Sharon, here is my button page, I combined this inspiration with the sketch challenge!
Sew Delightful by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 01-24-2012 03:22 PM

Great page Joyce! You made that adorable outfit? I am sew impressed!
Thanks for playing!

Sharon

AnniePanda 01-25-2012 04:28 AM

Thank you Sharon! Yes, I have been sewing all my life, and just delighted to have this beautiful baby girl to sew for.

Motherload 01-25-2012 08:12 AM

I didn't add a ton of buttons to this layout, but hopefully enough to qualify for the challenge! Thanks for the idea.

Buenos Aires

princessp1971 01-26-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks for the reminder Sharon.

DSC09992_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendella247 01-26-2012 09:14 PM

I did a paper dps for this challenge, but still have to take pictures and upload. Hopefully, tomorrow!

wendella247 01-28-2012 01:46 PM

Finally!!

O.K., finally got pics of my pages. Here they are:

Left: Shan's Birthday-left by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Right: Shan's Birthday by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This was fun, Sharon!!!

smadson 01-28-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 19131381)

Wendy, so cool that you did paper pages! And they are fantastic! I love them. You do great pages no matter which way you do them. Thank you for playing the challenge!
Sharon

smadson 01-28-2012 04:10 PM

Thank you Patti and Cheryl for playing the challenge. Patti, I loved your masculine page. You really did great on it.
Cheryl, love the old world feel of your page. And I noticed that button in the center of the flower! It definitly qualified!
Sharon

smadson 09-03-2012 12:32 PM

Here are some more pages I did for this challenge.

Costa Rica right

Costa Rica left

Terry and Sharon

Sharon

eeddmm 02-08-2013 02:52 PM

I used this challenge towards the mini VSBN challenge. I used 5 buttons on the tag. Thank goodness for digi in order to make them small enough to fit on it!

5 Ways to Drink More Water

TFL!