Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #121
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I'm doing chicken noodle soup. It's one of my favorite recipies and there aren't a lot of ingredients. But I don't think that should stop you from bringing a chicken noodle soup recipe if you have a favorite one. Who knows, your chicken soup recipe may become my new favorite.

I can't believe it, but I have everything ready for Saturday. I don't think I have ever been done this soon before!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #122
Rubber Obsessor

Mel: If you want you can bring the stands. This way everyone has a place to put their sample. Haven't thought that far yet. lol

Glad to hear eveyone is getting there. I unfortunately have decide I have way too much to do yet. Busy tonight and tomorrow night so not sure when I will get it all done but somehow I do. Still working on notebooks and haven't started lottery. Working on them during my lunch hr at work. Me fellow employees laugh now cause they all know and have guessed its for this wkend. I still have to worry about the food I'm making for you to eat. AAAHHHH!!!!!!!

My recipe is Best ever chicken fajita chowder. Thats ok if there is a dup recipe. Cause a lot of times the recipe is slightly different and it's always nice to see a twist to something original. I know they will all be great.

Talk to you soon!!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

Duplicate recipes are fine with me. As said, most likely they won't be exactly the same and it will be fun to try out the little difference. It may become our favorite.

My sister arrived yesterday. She has just a couple of things to finish up. (She ran out of some items needed to finish and I had them on hand so rather than trying to purchase them back home, she decided to use mine and finish up here.) I got to peek at her items - fantastic as usual. Some great new ideas, can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with. See you Sat.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #124
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone. Can't wait to see everyone again. Just wanna touch up on a few things. After you are done unloading please park your car to the far north end of the parking lot. And also we are trying to figure out how many tables we need for garage sale items. Who is all planning on bringing stuff to sell.

Thanks any final questions or anything lse we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks
Tiffany
Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #125
Inking Addict

I am not bringing anything to sell,Dana Davorio will have rummage. Susie Smith will not be attending, her mother who is in her late 90's fell and broke her hip. She is having surgery today. I cannot bring her things because she is in Illinois, we'll have to decide how to handle this. She was just the cards and ABAC. Looking forward to tomorrow. lady_di
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

I may have a few stamp sets to sell at the Rummage, but I won't need a lot of room.

Sorry to hear about Susie's mother.
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #127
Kookie Creator

Wink AlMosT there !

Sorry to hear about Barb and Susie not being able to make it. We will think of you both while stamping.

I have the 6X6 clam shells and the 8 1/2 X 11 clam shells in my truck already, they can go under a table. Will try to load some garage sale stuff when I get up. Was up till midnight last night and still working today. Have half of my notebooks and the card part left. Thank God for cheat packs! I can bring the stands no prob~

Will try to post again before I leave in the mourning.

Mel
Old 08-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #128
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I'm bringing about 12 stamp sets for the rummage sale. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Aside from packing my stuff up in a bag, I think I am ready! It's only 9:30 the night before! I am so proud!!!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Old 08-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #130
Kookie Creator

Today is the day - WOOHOO!!!!! I'm heading to the farmer's market at 7 am to pick up some ghost peppers for a couple of people before they sell out, then coming back home to load up the car and set up at the bank. Anyone arriving early, if you park by the bank (where the Shoebox is) and walk to the east, you will see the back doorway to Perk Place ----- the best, best, best bakery and breakfast, coffee and tea anywhere!!!!! I haven't been watching this thread this week because my son and daughter-in-law just came home from 2 months in Thailand. I had all of my Shoebox stuff done before they arrived on Wednesday so I could spend time with them this week. Little did Ann know that I volunteered her to cut up everything for our salad bar for today!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #131
Rubber Obsessor

Morning everyone. Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels for this morning. And again I can't wait to see everyone again.

Tiff
Again here is phone numbers if you need us
Me 262-224-8168
Tamara 920-209-0362
Old 08-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

Projects done, car packed, showered and had breakfast. Will be leaving in the next 5 minutes. (Want to stop at Wal-Mart on the way.)

Will miss seing Barb and Susie, but looking forward to the fun with everyone else that shows up.

Happy Stamping Day!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #133
Pearl-ExPert

waiting for my ride
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #134
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hope you all had a great day!

I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here

New Swap ~ What Women Want Cards, Due January 22nd ~ w/Prizes
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Another fantastic day of stamping with friends. Great cards, ABC's, Altered notebooks, 6x6 recipe cards, Lottery items. Tiff, Tamara and Diane did another fantastic day. The lunch with the 3 different soups was delicious. Door Prizes were outstanding.

So may fantastic projects by all the participants. I don't know how everyone keeps coming up with such great items. A+ talents brought by everyone.

My sister, who is visiting from WI, enjoyed meeting everyone and all the great things she brought home. Now she has to figure out if she will ship them home or try and find room in her luggage.

Thanks everyone for the great cards and other items.
Thanks Tiff, Tamara, and Diane for another fantastic day.
Thanks BarbaraLynn for the great Lottery item. I won yours and love everything including all the great stamped images. Mom loves the little notepad you made. She says it is perfect for grocery lists and pretty to boot.

Time to go get some sleep.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #136
Kookie Creator

Thanks to everyone for another wonderful Hartford Shoebox! I have pictures uploaded on Facebook (though FB isn't the friendliest when it comes to pics), feel free to tag yourself if you want to, I don't do that without prior permission. I've also got them uploaded in my Kodak Gallery. If you'd like me to send you an invitation to my gallery so you can look at or download whatever ones you want, just let me know your email address. There's certainly no lack of creativity among this group - everything today was outstanding!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #137
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I would like to personally thank everyone for an outstanding day at the shoebox yesterday. Everyone has outdone themselves again. Your creativity is amazing. Barb and Susan were missed but hope they enjoy their goodies when they recieve them. Well I guess it is time to start to plan for next year. I hope everyone had a good time. I know I did. Again Thanks everyone and see you at the next event.

Tiffany
Old 08-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #138
Kookie Creator

As long as it's fresh in our minds, we should find out if anyone saw anything that needs to be changed or improved for next year. One thing that we know we've got to change is how we distribute the swap items. We've already got a plan of how to improve on that - what other ideas do you have?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #139
Kookie Creator

Talking The projects were insane! Best EVER!

The creativity this year was best ever hands down. It's like the stamping Olympics~ some of these ladies seriously need to be on design teams for stamp companies. I put the winning ABAC in my kitchen as planned and already recieved 2 complements on it ~ Thank you Renee. Also a HUGE Thank You to BEST Hostesses EVER Tiff, Tamara and Diane!

On the subject of shoeboxes how many of you would be interested in another Friendship Shoebox say April/May at the Big Flats Town Hall again? If there is enough interest I will organize the swap ~ it would be 3rd annual because I took this year off.

LOVED seeing everyone and can't wait to see everyone again. Stampers are the best company.

Inky hugs to everyone!
Mel
Old 08-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #140
Kookie Creator

I'd love to attend a Shoebox in Friendship in April/May! It depends on the date, though - I'll be pretty involved with a bridal shower and wedding at that time.

Last edited by dianevey; 08-16-2011 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love a Friendship Swap in April/May.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #142
Rubber Obsessor

This shoebox was just wonderful. I loved seeing everyone again and the new faces as well. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I loved all the swaps...Everyone did a wonderful job. The prizes were great too. The food, oh my gosh, can I just say WOW....you ladies did a fantastic job. I need the recipe for the one dessert with the jello and whipped cream, it was to die for... See most of you soon. Can't wait for the next shoebox.
TLQ - Sheri Lehman
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #143
Rubber Obsessor

I finally got a moment to say thank you to all who joined us this year for this shoebox. I can't express into words how much I enjoy hosting this event for such a great group of women. I was very happy with our turnout this year and was excited to see we ahd some new faces. I hope everyone enjoyed themselved and had a great time. Sorry that 2 of the ladies could not join us, but hopefully next time.

I can't believe how everyone out does themselves time after time. I am so excited over all of the new items we keep receiving. I love to see all the creativity everyone has and such different taste and levels. Everything that was created was ABSOLUTELY fantastic.

We all look forward to seeing everyone again next year and seeing what the next design will be. Its a year away and we all know how fast that yr goes. We of course want all of you to join us again and hope we also have some more new faces. Of course at this point we don't have a date but once time goes by keep an eye out for details.

Thanks again to everyone and hopefully I will see you at our next stamping get together where ever that may b.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #144
Rubber Obsessor

Mel, of course a shoebox would be great but depends on the date.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #145
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Subbing so I can keep up with future events.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #146
Kookie Creator

Hi Marilyn - it's too bad that you missed the Hartford Shoebox, it was another fantastic day of stamping and friendship! I hope to see you at some of our future events in Wisconsin or that you'll share some of yours with all of us, where ever you are in central WI!