Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #161
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysailor92 View Post
Donna, are you a member of Sherri's Yahoo group? If so Cathy posted the directions on there a few days back. If you are not send me a note and I will PM them too you. Cathy is really close to Sassy's so if you get lost we can come get you from Sassy's and direct you. lol I plan on going to Sassy's either before or after the get together maybe both. he he he Angela
Not a member yet... Thanks Angela...Sunshine PM them to me this morning.....Thank you Sunshine! See you ladies on Saturday...

Donna
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #162
Pearl-ExPert

We are counting down to tomorrow - less than 24 hours now!!! YAY!! On a sad note - Mom, Lisa and I will have to leave pretty early - Mom and I have a dear friend from church who lost her father yesterday. His funeral is Saturday at 2, so we need to be there for her. We will have to leave from Cathy's by 12:45 to make it on time. We plan to leave McMinnville by 8AM so we can hit Hobby Lobby soon after they open, then will see if Cathy will let us barge in a bit early...I hate that our trip will be cut short, but these things happen ya know...

On a super groovy note...guess what I ordered last night....HSN had an AWESOME cricut bundle with 5 month - yes, I said 5 month - flex pay - it's the Cricut Expression, 4 cartridges (2 of which are brand new), the Design Studio software, the pens, and....a Jukebox too!!! I told hubby that's what I wanted for Christmas and birthday and he had to get it right then - so he said, "well - go ahead and get it, but I'm puttin' it up till your birthday"....then the silly thing said, "too bad you didn't want more insilation in the attic or a storm door for your birthday and christmas"..goofy man...what's he thinkin'??? My b-day is in November - so it's gonna be hard to wait to get to play with it till then....
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #163
Mad Swapper

Dang you are lucky!! I wish I had of been watching yesterday. That sounds like an awesome bundle. And I am sure you can sweet talk hubby into letting you have it early
Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #164
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricutqueen View Post
Not a member yet... Thanks Angela...Sunshine PM them to me this morning.....Thank you Sunshine! See you ladies on Saturday...

Donna, I have sent an invite 3 times are you not getting the invites? Please let me know. I send them to your home account is this a good one for you? I am getting very concerned now...do I have the right email?
Old 07-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #165
Matboard Maniac

Had a GREAT time today at Cathy's!! You ladies that didn't go just don't know what you missed!! Cathy really outdid herself. She has a great lunch for us. It was all great down to the last bite!! And the door prizes and projects were AWESOME!! Thank you thank you Cathy!! Very much appreciated.

Angela
Old 07-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #166
Mad Swapper

Cathy.. you did an excellent job on everything! The food was wonderful (please don't forget the recipes..lol) and the door prize was most awesome!!! The projects were WONDERFUL!! Thank you for a great time!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #167
Glitter Guru

Cathy...thanks so much for allowing us to come to your beautiful home. The lunch that you prepared for us was wonderful as well. (Amen to Kelly...Remember to post the recipes.) I really enjoyed getting to see everyone again. It is sometimes very difficult for me to get away. My hubby is very old fashioned...the wife is to cook, clean, and manage the children and the house. Weekends are supposed to be for our family...so he thinks.

I had a really great time with my girls at my table. It would have been even more fun to hear ALL THE CONVERSATIONS going on, and I just wish that maybe Teresa and Kristy had not had to go so soon. I understand what it is to have such great friends though...they had other obligations.

HUGS TO EVERYONE!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #168
Rubber Obsessor

I so hated that I missed out today. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again. But alas I did get the furniture sold (after the guy was like over an hour and half late!). I will definitely be there at the next one.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #169
Pearl-ExPert

It WAS a great party (or therapy session as mom would say) today! Cathy, all the stuff was GREAT...the projects were adorable - will definitely re-make those, the food was dee-lish and the fellowship was way fun and much needed! Mom and I discussed how great it's been, meeting yall and being able to form our little group and continue meeting from month to month!

As for getting hubby to let me have my cricut early...yeah right...he won't even let me open a gift, of any kind, until the actual day of b-day, anniversary, christmas, etc! So I'll be lucky if I talk him into giving me the Cricut and 1 cartridge for my b-day and the jukebox and other accessories for Christmas! He'll probably try to make me wait till Christmas for all of it...ugh...

I wish we could have stayed longer today too - and then went shopping with yall, but I am glad we supported our dear friend at her Fathers funeral! She needed us there!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #170
Pearl-ExPert

One cool thing though - as we were on our way home - Mom and I planned our gathering at my house...If you've not already marked your calendars...It's August 22nd at 11AM...we've got a way cool project - a yummy lunch - gifts for everyone all planned, now to just get it all underway

Sunshine...my preacher is going to be speaking at your meeting coming up...Lane...I told him about you today - so be sure to introduce yourself to him!

I've been going strong all day - so I need to head to bed! Got church tomorrow! Nighty night girlies!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #171
Glitter Guru

Excellent. I will be sure to introduce myself. Our church isn't that large anyhow.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #172
Glitter Guru

Hi, everyone...I know we were discussing the Rolo swap today. I just thought you all might like to join my scripture bookmark swap. The link is in my signature. Thanks for checking it out at least!

Sunshine
Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #173
Mad Swapper

Kristi, we totally understand you leaving early. I know your friend appreciated having you at her fathers funeral. That's a sad thing to go through alone. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

I also have the 22nd marked on my calendar. I am sooo excited!!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #174
Kookie Creator

thanks for all the great comments, ya'll warm my heart. My parents are visiting and will be leaving Monday, Monday evening I will have time to post the receipes. Thanks
Old 07-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #175
Mad Swapper

Enjoy your visit with the parents
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #176
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristykins View Post
One cool thing though - as we were on our way home - Mom and I planned our gathering at my house...If you've not already marked your calendars...It's August 22nd at 11AM...we've got a way cool project - a yummy lunch - gifts for everyone all planned, now to just get it all underway

Sunshine...my preacher is going to be speaking at your meeting coming up...Lane...I told him about you today - so be sure to introduce yourself to him!

I've been going strong all day - so I need to head to bed! Got church tomorrow! Nighty night girlies!
I'm excited to see everyone hopefully again on Tuesday. I have the 22nd of August written down. This is really great. Can't wait to go to Tullahoma sometime!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #177
Glitter Guru

Thanks for "Checking in" with us. LOL Have a nice time with them. Do they live in AL?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #178
Compulsive Stamper

BIG fun day at Cathys. Really enjoyed the fun, food was delicious, and the projects are awesome. It was also great seeing all of you again. Teresac
Old 07-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #179
Insane Embellisher

Many thanks to our wonderful hostess..I so enjoyed myself and wow the food was so delish! Can't wait for Mcminnville...really enjoy being around you ladies!

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #180
Die Cut Diva

Cathy, what a special lady to have made such a great lunch and have so many nice door prizes and the lovely note pad holders. Now that is a neat gift to have on hand. I also loved the projects. Very well planned out and thank you so much for having all the paper cut scored and all organized for us. I told Cathy I was thinking of having a Christmas Cookie Swap I am thinking maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving. I could do it on a Sunday afternoon is Saturday's are not good. We have some time so think it over. Take care ladies. I have several projects to do today and with dh working until 10 p.m. I can work all afternoon.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #181
Pearl-ExPert

Sherri - I've always wanted to do a cookie swap!! To my knowledge I have nothing on the Sunday after T-giving! You start the planning and post the deets - since I've never done one - I'm not real sure how they work...

how's Savannah?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #182
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Kelly, dont forget to bring your pink bag so i can take it for monogramming...i'll bring mine so you can see what i had done. See you clubbers tomorow night!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #183
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Sherri - I've always wanted to do a cookie swap!! To my knowledge I have nothing on the Sunday after T-giving! You start the planning and post the deets - since I've never done one - I'm not real sure how they work...

how's Savannah?
Our Ladies' Group at church doees one...Everyone bakes a certain amount (2-3 doz.) of cookies. We each take turns going around the table filling up an extra cookie tin or holder we brought to put them in...Usually my cookies end up coming from Walmart or Publix because I am NOT a great cookie maker. At least you'll know you can eat them. LOL

Yes, how is Savannah?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #184
Rubber Obsessor

Hey gals looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #185
Glitter Guru

YAY! You're coming, too? THis is gonna be awesome!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #186
Insane Embellisher

See you all tomorrow night...:0)

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #187
Rubber Obsessor

I sure am ... Will be riding with Kelly and Angela
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #188
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach0123 View Post
Our Ladies' Group at church doees one...Everyone bakes a certain amount (2-3 doz.) of cookies. We each take turns going around the table filling up an extra cookie tin or holder we brought to put them in...Usually my cookies end up coming from Walmart or Publix because I am NOT a great cookie maker. At least you'll know you can eat them. LOL

Yes, how is Savannah?
This is exactly right. The ones I have been a part of I would take 3 dozen cookies, brownies, peanut briddle, etc. We will come together for games and gifts at that time we could play a Dirty Santa and have some food and at the end of the gathering everyone would go around and take some of everyones cookies. We don't have to limit it to cookies...Donna made some awesome creamer the other time it was a chocolate mint creamer. If you have something like that you would want to share. I will work on Details and have it posted soon.

We still hav to come up with something for September and October...any ideas?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #189
Insane Embellisher

I'll take October.....This will be a Holloween themed party....I am thinking either the 17th or 24th. Any preferences on the date? More deets to follow soon...:0)

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #190
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like GREAT fun Sherri!! As for Sept/Oct...we discussed that last night...seems like someone spoke for September...and Donna wants October - you'll have November and Mom will do December...now who was it that was doing September??? Hhhhmmm...girls...give me a hand here...and I suggested that since January was our 1 year "anniversary" (and Kelly's birthday ) we have a big celebration!!

Oh...girls....I told yall last night that I got my Cricut, but that hubby wouldn't let me even see it...well, he must have thought it would be a good suck-up gift, cause I was miffed at him on Monday night - I got to set it up and play with it last night!!! It's AWESOME!!! I've already cut out 2 little things, just to "check it out"...I'm hoping I don't have to repack it for storage until my B-day...keep your fingers crossed that it's just a way early bday present (given thru guilt!) and I get to keep it out!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #191
Pearl-ExPert

ohh...Hi donna!! Did you enjoy last night?? Did you decide to join our group??
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #192
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
ohh...Hi donna!! Did you enjoy last night?? Did you decide to join our group??
I had a blast and I'm in....lol

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #193
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Sounds like GREAT fun Sherri!! As for Sept/Oct...we discussed that last night...seems like someone spoke for September...and Donna wants October - you'll have November and Mom will do December...now who was it that was doing September??? Hhhhmmm...girls...give me a hand here...and I suggested that since January was our 1 year "anniversary" (and Kelly's birthday ) we have a big celebration!!

Oh...girls....I told yall last night that I got my Cricut, but that hubby wouldn't let me even see it...well, he must have thought it would be a good suck-up gift, cause I was miffed at him on Monday night - I got to set it up and play with it last night!!! It's AWESOME!!! I've already cut out 2 little things, just to "check it out"...I'm hoping I don't have to repack it for storage until my B-day...keep your fingers crossed that it's just a way early bday present (given thru guilt!) and I get to keep it out!!

someone said Pat wanted to do it at her son's office in Sept????

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #194
Pearl-ExPert

That's right...it was Pat for september!! Thanks for clearing that up for me...it was all foggy in my brain!

So glad you're committed . I knew once you came - and saw...you'd be hooked! Wanda is an awesome leader - and Diane is a fabulous cook! You won't regret your decision!! Welcome aboard!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #195
Compulsive Stamper

Just remember that Sept 25 and 26 is the scrapbook convention in Chatt. We are looking forward to all the get togethers. Teresac
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #196
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresac View Post
Just remember that Sept 25 and 26 is the scrapbook convention in Chatt. We are looking forward to all the get togethers. Teresac
Where can i find the deets on that?

Donna
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #197
Compulsive Stamper

Go to Great American Scrapbook.com It was fabulous last year. Kristi and I stayed for both days. Loved every minute of it. They have not posted registration and classes yet. It will be soon. Can't wait. It is at the convention center. Easy to get to. Teresac
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #198
Mad Swapper

OOOhhh I wanna go. Does anyone want to go and share a hotel room?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #199
Pearl-ExPert

Someone should Kelly - and yall can get rooms close to mom and me...we won't stay at the hotel on site - its like $120 a night...YIKES...we'll stay a block or two away for half than that!! And last year there was absolutely no trouble with traffic - we were there so early - and till so late in the afternoon that the bulk of the traffic was gone! Easy Peasy!! I think we're staying at the Super 8 in downtown Chatt...check it out!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #200
Glitter Guru

Quote:
That's right...it was Pat for september!! Thanks for clearing that up for me...it was all foggy in my brain!

So glad you're committed . I knew once you came - and saw...you'd be hooked! Wanda is an awesome leader - and Diane is a fabulous cook! You won't regret your decision!! Welcome aboard!
You tell it sister!

Wow! What an awesome group of girls. The other Donna was soooooo funny, too. She and I were crackin up using the Crop-A-Dile. Such a great group of ladies. I am sooo glad Donna Anderson and I decided to go. WE ARE SOOOO IN! LOL