Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #1481
Glitter Guru

Had a nice time out with the girls. Went Sat AM to get my tires rotated and oil changed and one of them broke a stud thingy off one tire. I have to go back to get that fixed today.

I'm excited...we are packing up to get going camping in Harlan KY. Ed and his friends will be four wheeling at Black Mtn most of the time, and I get a nice air conditioned cabin to relax. Not really camping I suppose for those of you all who think that tents and mosquitoes are the way to go. Somehow I just KNOW that Kristi will approve. (It also has satellite and DVD. LOL)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #1482
Pearl-ExPert

Ummm yeah...that sounds like my kind of camping no doubt! AC, Electricity and running water - indoor bathroom and a nice cozy bed!! You are taking some crafty stuff to do I'm sure??!! Yall be safe and have fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #1483
Glitter Guru

Well, yes, of course. The only ting is that I have to be sure that I sneak it there with Olivia and a friend coming. They are crazy in love with HELPING OUT.

Oh and btw...Went to McMinnville today not really meaning to...had a craving for some Peking. LOL We zipped in afterward to the mall and fell into a spa pedi. O has her nails all polka dotty. She's so funny when she gets her nails all prettied. I love that place...they know what a preggo girl needs.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #1484
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies, things are going great. Working at the new store, just got Morgan and Savannah settled down from came the other week to find out that Savannah will be going away to camp from July 5th - 9th this will be good for her...first time away from home for more than an over night sleepover. Morgan will be having Youth Convention at church from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. the week before we leave for vacation. Can't wait for vacation...I really need to get away. Trying to decide if I want to start school in the beginning of August or later that month with the girls. Will have to see. Their books should bee here within in the next two weeks. Have a great time camping...sounds like my type of camping, ac, running water...sound nice. Take care.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #1485
Kookie Creator

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My family and I moved to the area about a year ago. I can't believe the year has passed so quickly!. Was just wondering if anyone in the group is a demo because I would like to attend classes AND join a card club if they are available once the new catalog comes out. Really loving this area except how low the clouds hang to the ground when it storms!! Enjoyed the rain this afternoon, finally! Hoping just some of it fell on our garden.

Thanks,
Stacey
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #1486
Kookie Creator

Welcome Stacey,
I have been here two years this July. I live in Murfreesboro, tn. You will meet alot of great ladies here on the board. If Murfreesboro's is close to you, you will have to visit the sassy scrapper, it's about the only local scrapbook store left.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #1487
Kookie Creator

Thanks Cathy! I'll have to check that out. Do they have a big selection of stamps too? The last time I went through Mboro I saw that there was a Joanns coming, but I had never been through that part before so hubby would have to tell me what part of town we were in, once it opens. We live near Rock Island, so it's not too bad of a trip.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #1488
Pearl-ExPert

Stacy - you live in RI?? I'm in McMinnville...I've got a club for you!! Wanda Vaughan is our demonstrator and we meet once a month at the Cottage in Morrison...I work at Edward Jones on North Chancery Street..would love to meet you - stop by sometime!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #1489
Pearl-ExPert

Oh about our club - we are about to start a new session (6 months) let me know if you're interested in joining us - she MAY have a spot available! I'll get you her contact info!!

Welcome to our group!!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #1490
Die Cut Diva

Welcome Stacey to the thread. Sassy Sccrapper is located in two areas of town. One store (the new one is located off of Rt. 24 at exit 76) the store is in front of the new Embassy Suites. The second store is over on Memorial, if you pass the Vet. Hosiptal you have missed the store. Feel free to pm me if you need more detail directions.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #1491
Pearl-ExPert

Guess who I met....Stacey!! YAY!! She is officially in our Stamp Club at the cottage, she got her SU Catty today and stopped by my office to meet me!! Woot WOOT!!

Stacey it was really nice to meet you - I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Although McMinnville doesn't have much to do - we have some GREAT folks! We'll be sure to include you in our gatherings...
BTW...when are we having another gathering?? Anyone???
Old 06-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #1492
Swapper of the Month January 2013

hey girls hope you all are doing good.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend.

Hello Stacey I am in Hermitage, TN nice to meet you on here of course. Sweet ladies here I have only met 2 of them "in real life". Sweet girls. Would love to do a getaway scrapping weekend with you girls. We should plan something to get away.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #1493
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristykins View Post
Guess who I met....Stacey!! YAY!! She is officially in our Stamp Club at the cottage, she got her SU Catty today and stopped by my office to meet me!! Woot WOOT!!

Stacey it was really nice to meet you - I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Although McMinnville doesn't have much to do - we have some GREAT folks! We'll be sure to include you in our gatherings...
BTW...when are we having another gathering?? Anyone???
Woot! Woot! Stacey you are off to a great start, Kristy and her Mom are great ladies to be around and Wanda is super great too. I wished I lived closer to see them more. You will have a great time at the stamp club too.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #1494
Pearl-ExPert

aawwww...Cathy...my heads swellin'!!

Nichole - my weekend plans are....WE ARE GOING TO DC!!! Yep, Fun no doubt!! We are spending the night at my in-laws house tomorrow night so we won't have to get up at 2AM - but we are planning to leave from their area around 3:30 or 4AM I believe...there are 10 of us going - us (3), my in-laws (2), my b-i-l and family (4) and his wifes mother (1)...it's gonna look like the clampits going to the big city for sure...but we are SO EXCITED!! We'll get to see the GIANT fireworks for the 4th too!!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #1495

Kristi have a fun and safe trip

hope you all had a great day today.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #1496
Kookie Creator

Thanks for all the messages. Thanks to Kristi for helping me get all signed up, and the new catalog!!! I'm so excited to meet everyone. Had a great visit with Kristi talking stamping and stuff! Everyone enjoy your week/weekend plans and Happy July 4th!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #1497
Die Cut Diva

So glad you are getting plugged in Stacey, Kristi and Ms. Teresa are just so much fun. Very upbeat and most of all very sweet people to be around.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, no big plans, friends are coming over on Sunday evening for dinner and fireworks.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #1498
Pearl-ExPert

Aawww Sherri...tooo sweet!! It was a very nice surprise to meet Stacey the other day! We certainly did have a nice visit and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better!

We are safe (at least I hope we are safe!) in DC. Our house is nice and we are just a couple blocks from the metro, which we will hitch a ride on tomorrow to swing into the National Mall! There will be a dramatic reading of the Dec. of Indep. by Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson at the Archives building then we'll be hitting several other tourist spots until our dinner reservations - then the Parade (a 4th of July parade in DC - how cool!) then FIREWORKS!! Yall have a great evening and a SAFE AND HAPP"Y 4TH!!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #1499
Polyshrink Goddess

JCI, I have been so busy with my summer..I can't wait until youth conference (19th-22nd) It'll be so much fun!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #1500
Die Cut Diva

Seen Kristy's mom Teresa yesterday at the store, it was so nice to see her. Also, nice to talk to my co-worker, Cathy, yesterday...who would of ever thought that the two of us would be co-workers.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #1501
Kookie Creator

One day of training, then I had the store to myself today. Nothing like being thrown in the deep end to see if you can sink or swim. LOL It's great being co-workers with you. You are so helpful.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #1502
Glitter Guru

Hi, Cathy! Isn't it nice to get paid doing something you love to do? I take it you guys are working at the new store and not the older one?

Hello, Stacey! You will totally LOVE the club meetings. They make for some hilarious times. Wanda and the girls are awesome! Maybe I will see you there on Tuesday. SInce I'm out of school right now I may be able to get there.

Hope everything is ok in DC Kristi! I know it ahs been super hot up there. We keep praying for rain here. It looks terribly dried up in places. Camping was fun last week, but I had to come home to get inspired to work on scrapping things. Anyhow, tty ladies soon! Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #1503

just saying hello
Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #1504
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all! Mom told me that Sherri and Cathy were working at the new Sassy...CONGRATS ladies! I know yall will LOVE that job so much it won't even feel like a job!! That's awesome!! And I'm betting that Mary is an awesome boss! Wonder if she'll open a Sassy in McM?? I'd work it for her!!

We are back from DC - yes Sunshine it was HOT up there - 102 and we walked 28+ miles in 4 days!! Talk about exhausted!! It was a fun trip and I have 370 pics ordered to scrap! (sounds like a Sassy trip to me!!) ...

Mom and I are heading to Pigeon Forge in a couple weeks with the church ladies for a retreat - I'm planning to get LOTS of scrapping done up there!!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #1505

Quote:
Hi all! Mom told me that Sherri and Cathy were working at the new Sassy...CONGRATS ladies! I know yall will LOVE that job so much it won't even feel like a job!! That's awesome!! And I'm betting that Mary is an awesome boss! Wonder if she'll open a Sassy in McM?? I'd work it for her!!

We are back from DC - yes Sunshine it was HOT up there - 102 and we walked 28+ miles in 4 days!! Talk about exhausted!! It was a fun trip and I have 370 pics ordered to scrap! (sounds like a Sassy trip to me!!) ...

Mom and I are heading to Pigeon Forge in a couple weeks with the church ladies for a retreat - I'm planning to get LOTS of scrapping done up there!!
Glad you had fun in DC. Pigeon Forge sounds fun, We are going to go sometime soon too. Just love that place. Are you ladies just going just to hang out ? Or you guys got something special going on.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #1506

You guys enjoying your Saturday?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #1507
Pearl-ExPert

Nichole - its our ladies group from Church. We go every year for a retreat! We have a couple of the ladies lined up to give a lil devo each night - we sing - we craft - we eat - we play mixer games - we shop and we relax!! I'm in charge of crafts/games/activities! Most of us will arrive up there on Thursday, everyone else will come up on Friday - we leave Sunday after church..it's a GREAT weekend that we pull encouragement from each other to help us keep on keeping on!! This is the latest we've gone, usually it's in the late spring. We are looking so forward to it!!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #1508
Glitter Guru

It would be a really fun time of the year to go. Do you guys ever get to go to any of the shows while you are there? Hubby and I went to the Dixie once. It was an experience. LOL I know they ahve a ton of places to visit now.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #1509

Quote:
Nichole - its our ladies group from Church. We go every year for a retreat! We have a couple of the ladies lined up to give a lil devo each night - we sing - we craft - we eat - we play mixer games - we shop and we relax!! I'm in charge of crafts/games/activities! Most of us will arrive up there on Thursday, everyone else will come up on Friday - we leave Sunday after church..it's a GREAT weekend that we pull encouragement from each other to help us keep on keeping on!! This is the latest we've gone, usually it's in the late spring. We are looking so forward to it!!
that really sounds fun. Hope you guys have a great time. enjoy yourselves. Where do you guys stay? Is it somewhere your able to have space enough to craft? I am only asking because I would love to get together with some friends and just go to pigeon forge and just scrap all weekend long.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach0123 View Post
It would be a really fun time of the year to go. Do you guys ever get to go to any of the shows while you are there? Hubby and I went to the Dixie once. It was an experience. LOL I know they ahve a ton of places to visit now.
i love dixie we usually go to country tonight and black bear jamoboree. just love pigeon forge.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #1511
Pearl-ExPert

Usually when we go with the ladies we stay in a cabin with USA cabins (i think is the company) - so I'll MAKE room to craft! I'm packing my 4 ft table in my sisters Yukon - there's my space (now if I can just limit it to 4ft!)....as for shows, when the ladies go - it's usually just shopping and hanging out, we may do something else this time - if I can talk my crew into it, maybe the Comedy Barn or something along that line...BUT in the winter when my family goes for Xmas - we stay in Eagles Ridge cabins - FABULOUS cabins - we stay in the North ones and they are a hop and skip from Mels Diner - YUM and very convenient to everything! We always do a show - Dixie at Xmas is AWESOME, Black Bear at Xmas is AWESOME, we've been over to the Biltmore - again AWESOME, and we've been to Ober - pretty cool, but not AWESOME...
Old 07-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #1512

Kristi the Eagles Ridge Cabins look really nice. I will have to check into these for our future rentals. We are trying to find some nice cabins, we have stayed in several and still today have not found a cabin we have liked. So I am going to show Dh this site tomrrow. Thanks for sharing this information.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #1513
Pearl-ExPert

No problem Nichole!! We've stayed with them for years and have NEVER had a problem with any of their cabins, plus like I said the ones on the North are just right up from Mels! Talk about handy!!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #1514
Glitter Guru

Sounds fun! I think we wil have to call it a summer when I can pin hubby down for a date to go to the aquarium in Chattanooga. We love the penguins.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #1515
Pearl-ExPert

LOVE the acquarium too!! We haven't been in several years though..maybe we need to do that too...oh wait...I just got back from vacation and am heading out next weekend again...ok, acquarium will have to wait a few months I guess...Sunshine - how you feeling?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #1516
Stampin' Fool

hi there ladies. I joined the thread a few months back to see what is happening in the stamp world in TN. We are definitely moving from CA to TN. Very excited yet very very nervous. Our escrow closes next week and then we'll pack up the car with the kids and the dog and drive east. I'll keep my eyes on the thread and try to join in one of the gathering Y'ALL do (pretty good for a cali girl, huh?). Can't wait to meet you all. We'll be in the Pulaski area.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #1517
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Kim! You are gonna be about 2 hours 15 mins from us in McMinnville area - about 1 1/2 hours from the Murfreesboro and Nashville girls...excited that you're comin to TN! It's a great place to be!!! (must be, I've been here my whole life!)

You did good with your "Y'ALL"...but we just say yall - no apostrophe, don't worry..you'll catch on soon! sometimes we even say "all yall" now how's that!! Southern living is so fun!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #1518

Hey Kim glad your moving to TN love it hear, not from here orginally but love living here. Have a safe trip with your move and yes please keep us informed would love to meet up.

We do need to do a get together sometime with everyone. I know some of you girls already meet up but would be fun to meet up with you all.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #1519
Pearl-ExPert

He's here, he's here!!! My great nephew and Moms Great grandson finally made his grand entrance yesterday at 7:10PM - Brody Michael weighed in at 7.4 and 19 1/2 long!! YAY!! His 3 year old big sister Ashlyn is pretty tickled with him (so far)....
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #1520
Kookie Creator

Smile

Congratulations! How exciting! Time for some spoiling! His big sister will be a big help for her baby brother!