Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #1561
Stampin' Fool

I have a couple of questions -
Will this site remain on here so we can continue sharing with one another, or will we have to type in something else? If we have to go to another place, (or will there be another place), what do we enter to get there? Does that make sense?
Secondly, did I miss who got the prize for the best name tag?

Thanks again everyone for all you did. It was so nice meeting so many of you. The stampers and scrappers seem to have one more than one thing in common, you're all VERY nice.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #1562
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Wow, what a day yesterday. I think I have to spend most of today recuperating.
Ofcourse if someone said, lets go stamp, I am sure I would jump up to go.

Dottie, I don't think they judged name tags because several had left before they got to it.

There was a card that I missed. It was black and white and had buttons on it. I am thinking it was Roberta's. Would love to get one of them. Was an awesome card and I didn' t get a picture either. Let me know if that was her card and maybe I can get one from her.

Everybody get rested up today.

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #1563
Rubber Obsessor

Tracy, Randi, and Autumn,

Thank you so much for a WONDERFUL day. It was very clear that you all put a lot of time and effort into this event. The day seemed to fly by so fast; I guess the old saying is correct... time flies when your having fun.
Carla, thank you for putting together such fun games.... who knew you had so many alphabet sets
It was wonderful to meet so many nice and creative women. The cards were all wonderful although I didn't finish them all. It will give me something to do to help get over the withdrawals

Look forward to continued communication with you all here on SCS.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #1564
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsouthall
I had fun today too = )

Sorry had to run off - - - my 3 year old is sick tonight and at the ER, right now they think she may have a kidney infection - - - please pray for her. I will update when I know more.

thanks ~ Marian
Marian, your Daughter is in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything other than praying.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #1565
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsouthall
BTW - just heard from my husband in the ER with my 3 year old (he took her since he was with her all day and knew her symptoms). They said that she has Tonsilitis, that it is contagious and her 2 year old sister may already have it too based on her symptoms. So I am glad I left and came home so we could get her started on Antibiotics, get her fever down and get her feeling better.

When I told the group I had to leave tonight, somebody commented to me that I should have told the group sooner so they could have had more time to finish with my project - - - that is why I wanted to let you know that I got a phone call and had to leave suddenly - - - I didn't just up and decide to leave suddenly - my daughter was ill and I needed to leave so my husband could take her to the ER.

- please say a quick prayer for Megan (my sick little girl) -

Thank you ~ Marian
Marian, you don't need to apologize to anyone. Possibly they didn't know why you were leaving but regardless of that fact being one of the organizers of this event and last years, I can tell you that there are some people that are gonna complain no matter what you do for them or what the situation is so don't even worry about little petty comments like that. Family is first in ALL areas of life. Take care of you little ones and they are in my prayers.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #1566
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Dottie
I have a couple of questions -
Will this site remain on here so we can continue sharing with one another, or will we have to type in something else? If we have to go to another place, (or will there be another place), what do we enter to get there? Does that make sense?
Secondly, did I miss who got the prize for the best name tag?

Thanks again everyone for all you did. It was so nice meeting so many of you. The stampers and scrappers seem to have one more than one thing in common, you're all VERY nice.
Dottie, this thread will remain here. If we need to move to another or change it we will live a Thread link at the bottom of the page and all you would need to do is click on that link to get to the new one.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #1567
The Queen of Blue

Well Stamping friends: It was a crazy, hectic, fun and exhausting day. I came home to a little man that didn't feel well who I was up all night with because about 2 am he spiked a fever of 102, he's running a little temp now but nothing major. I am sure we will be off to the Pediatricians office tomorrow.

If anyone needs my card #34 let me know and I will get it to you. All in all I finished all but 5 cards, so I am pleased. It was a bit difficult to stamp with running around and playing and still organizing and calling home to check on the little man, but I had a blast.

To my fellow organizers thank you for your hard work. To Randi specifically for providing us a wonderful place where we can have the stampede.

To all of the Stampede participants thank you for your hard work in completeing your cards, bringing and taking care of your yardsale stuff and playing well with others. I think except for a few MINOR glitches the day was WONDERFUL. I hope you all will be ready for next year.(me I will be ready for it in about 8 months). LOL.

Mindy, my darling I have your tupperware cup which is actually in a nice light shade of blue. I brought it home and washed it and now it just means we need to get together so you can have it back.

I believe that Danita/Moberkitty may have been missing a few items that belong to her an ink pad or two. If you find that it was accidentally stuck in with your items please return them to her as I am sure she would appreciate it.

I will post pictures in the next few days. I need to recooperate a bit more. LOL

Thanks to everyone who attended the stampede.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #1568
Polyshrink Goddess

Default OH MY GOSH!

Yesterday was so awesome. I feel like I have been partying all day and night. I had a headache when I got home, going thru withdrawls!
My THANKS to Randi, Autumn and Tracy for working so hard to put this together. You ROCK! Have we set a date for next year? LOL!!!
My THANKS to Carla for working so hard to put them games together, I only got to play two, but really enjoyed the ones I played. You also rock!
I will finish the cards I have yet not to and get them posted along with the pictures I took and my gifts. They were so brillant!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #1569
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy
Yesterday was so awesome. I feel like I have been partying all day and night. I had a headache when I got home, going thru withdrawls!
My THANKS to Randi, Autumn and Tracy for working so hard to put this together. You ROCK! Have we set a date for next year? LOL!!!
My THANKS to Carla for working so hard to put them games together, I only got to play two, but really enjoyed the ones I played. You also rock!
I will finish the cards I have yet not to and get them posted along with the pictures I took and my gifts. They were so brillant!
Mindy, the date for next years stampede will be..................................... Sometime in 2008. LOL Off to rest with the kidlet.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #1570
Polyshrink Goddess

I wanted to express my thanks to Randi, Tracy, and Autumn for all of their hard work. The food was terrific and our group had a wonderful time. I know how much time and effort is involved in all of this and I appreciate all that you guys did to pull this off at such a reasonable cost.
Roberta
Old 04-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #1571
Inking Addict

Thumbs up THANK YOU

MANY THANKSto Tracy, Randi and Autumn for all your hard work. It was an awesome day! You girls ROCK! Looking forward to the next stampede.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #1572
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everyone,

This is Jan Hoyt, thanks to Randi, Autumn and Tracy for all of the hard work they did orchestrating this whole affair....it was awesome! I am so glad that I was able to come this year and meet everyone, participate in the shoebox and etc.

I was part of the group who had to leave at 6 PM...somehow we had missed the change in schedule and didn't realize that it was extended until 8 PM but I think that we were able to get all of the cards in our shoeboxes stamped and left with the packets to assemble so that nobody missed out on the cards. I had the pumpkin pie card with the little girl from Summer by the Sea stamped in black and layered in black....I prestamped all of the remaining packets and left them at my station so there were no packets left when I packed up and I hope that means that everybody got one, if not please PM me and I will send you one.

Thanks again to all...I was going thru my stash of cards this afternoon and realized that I only had about half of them so must have somehow left a bag full near my yard sale purchases which I just realized that I also left. If anyone happened to see a bag of cards near the darling Halloween theme tin bucket (with pink passion ribbon wide organdy ribbon inside!) that was mine and if you gathered it up for lost and found, please let me know and I will make arrangements to get with you and pick it up.

Thanks again to all, I enjoyed getting to meet so many of you and doing the beautiful cards! I think I finished all but about half a dozen and took those packets home to finish up but if anyone finds my Yard Sale goodies or the ziploc bag of missing cards (I know it had the beautiful Bordering Blue Close as a Memory sympathy card and the Perfect Plum Blossoms Abound card in the stack as well as a card done with "faux ribbon" at the bottom, not sure what else but I know there were several as I only had about 25 finished cards in my bag when I went thru it)that would be great!

Can't wait for next year so we can do it all again...I will definitely plan on being there until the cows come home next year! Jan
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #1573
Matboard Maniac

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=242434

I started a thank you thread for the girls there...check it out!

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #1574
~~Triple S Threat~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverwife
I tell you what, some of the white elephant gifts that I saw were pretty amazing. I will have to take pictures of what I got and what Autumn got and post them so you all can oohh and aahh. I guess someone needs to start a gallery for this event. Don't know how to do that, sorry.
I asked for a spot in the gallery...

.... here is last years special gallery. I will post a link to the new gallery as soon as it is approved and then anyone please post your picture to it. Thanks

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=7505

Old 04-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #1575
Polyshrink Goddess

I just want to say thank you to all of you that came out and braved the hectic day. This is only our second one of these and we seem to learn something new every time. I think we learned that for some of us the amount of cards were great and for some it caused a little stress. I so appreciate you all coming and giving it your best shot - what a bunch of troopers you all are!

We will have a post-dive (a little skydiving terminology for you) and talk about what worked and what didn't so that we can tweak it for the next time. This is such a learning process and we want to make it better every year.

I had such a great time stamping with new faces and seeing new techniques. I was talking to someone during the event about the item that I would need to own after stamping all day. I think that after seeing Farmwife's Happy Birthday card and talking to Kim about the price that is the item I need to purchase next. That looks like something that I would love to own. Thanks for enabling.

To all of you saying Thank you, I just wanted to follow up with a Thank you to you also. My goal for the event was to serve you and to make sure that you were happy and having fun. It looks like we accomplished that for the most part.

This post is getting too long. I need to quit
Old 04-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #1576
Stampin' Fool

Hi Autumn,
I need your card, please. Thanks for that. You were just as sweet and crazy, and full of life as I pictured you to be. What a joy you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2
Well Stamping friends: It was a crazy, hectic, fun and exhausting day. I came home to a little man that didn't feel well who I was up all night with because about 2 am he spiked a fever of 102, he's running a little temp now but nothing major. I am sure we will be off to the Pediatricians office tomorrow.

If anyone needs my card #34 let me know and I will get it to you. All in all I finished all but 5 cards, so I am pleased. It was a bit difficult to stamp with running around and playing and still organizing and calling home to check on the little man, but I had a blast.

To my fellow organizers thank you for your hard work. To Randi specifically for providing us a wonderful place where we can have the stampede.

To all of the Stampede participants thank you for your hard work in completeing your cards, bringing and taking care of your yardsale stuff and playing well with others. I think except for a few MINOR glitches the day was WONDERFUL. I hope you all will be ready for next year.(me I will be ready for it in about 8 months). LOL.

Mindy, my darling I have your tupperware cup which is actually in a nice light shade of blue. I brought it home and washed it and now it just means we need to get together so you can have it back.

I believe that Danita/Moberkitty may have been missing a few items that belong to her an ink pad or two. If you find that it was accidentally stuck in with your items please return them to her as I am sure she would appreciate it.

I will post pictures in the next few days. I need to recooperate a bit more. LOL

Thanks to everyone who attended the stampede.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #1577
Stampin' Fool

Jan, I hope someone found your things. I helped clean up and didn't see them where I was. If you don't get them I'll be happy to send you another card (the bordering blue sympathy one).

I only had 4 sets left, but if those four that didn't get to make mine, let me know and I'll make it, and send it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkerzaway
Hi Everyone,

This is Jan Hoyt, thanks to Randi, Autumn and Tracy for all of the hard work they did orchestrating this whole affair....it was awesome! I am so glad that I was able to come this year and meet everyone, participate in the shoebox and etc.

I was part of the group who had to leave at 6 PM...somehow we had missed the change in schedule and didn't realize that it was extended until 8 PM but I think that we were able to get all of the cards in our shoeboxes stamped and left with the packets to assemble so that nobody missed out on the cards. I had the pumpkin pie card with the little girl from Summer by the Sea stamped in black and layered in black....I prestamped all of the remaining packets and left them at my station so there were no packets left when I packed up and I hope that means that everybody got one, if not please PM me and I will send you one.

Thanks again to all...I was going thru my stash of cards this afternoon and realized that I only had about half of them so must have somehow left a bag full near my yard sale purchases which I just realized that I also left. If anyone happened to see a bag of cards near the darling Halloween theme tin bucket (with pink passion ribbon wide organdy ribbon inside!) that was mine and if you gathered it up for lost and found, please let me know and I will make arrangements to get with you and pick it up.

Thanks again to all, I enjoyed getting to meet so many of you and doing the beautiful cards! I think I finished all but about half a dozen and took those packets home to finish up but if anyone finds my Yard Sale goodies or the ziploc bag of missing cards (I know it had the beautiful Bordering Blue Close as a Memory sympathy card and the Perfect Plum Blossoms Abound card in the stack as well as a card done with "faux ribbon" at the bottom, not sure what else but I know there were several as I only had about 25 finished cards in my bag when I went thru it)that would be great!

Can't wait for next year so we can do it all again...I will definitely plan on being there until the cows come home next year! Jan
Old 04-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #1578
Insane Embellisher

All I can say about Saturday is WOW!!!! This is the most fun I have had stamping in a long time! I made some new friends, bumped into some old friends, and had a great time!! Thank you Tracy, Randy and Autumn for everything you guys did to make this possible for everyone! It was GREAT!!! Sorry I got lost and was so late - somehow I managed to stamp all the cards, just have to assemble them all now :0) I didn't hear about the 8:00 extension and had to leave at 7. If anyone didn't get a chance to make my card (I had about 4-5 kits left) please let me know and I will make it and send it to you. It was the lovely lilac card with the cute little flower and green polka dot ribbon. I love all the cards, all the games and everything else. You guys are all amazing!! Love ya all!
Thanks for everything!!
Aren't my babies beautiful!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #1579
Pearl-ExPert

Home - finally! THANK YOU to Autumn, Tracy, Randi and Carla for putting on such an awesome event!!!!! You ladies R*O*C*K!! And huge thanks to everyone who participated - your cards were FAB!!!! I got most of them done (30) and now have some playing to do here at home. Gotta keep the swap alive as long as possible! LOL!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #1580
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Dottie
Hi Autumn,
I need your card, please. Thanks for that. You were just as sweet and crazy, and full of life as I pictured you to be. What a joy you were.
Thanks Dottie, your a sweetheart too. Please PM me your address and I will get you a copy of the card.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #1581
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2
Yeah...my Certainly Celery classic ink pad must have gotten picked up by mistake. Please let me know if you end up with an extra.

Also, I seem to have come home with a 1/16" handheld hole punch - looks like it belongs to Roberta Layton. Roberta - could you PM me your address so I can mail it back to you, please?

Thanks again for an incredibly F*U*N day!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #1582
The Queen of Blue

Okay ladies, as Randi said this is our second year some things worked some didn't but I am sooo glad we were all there and had fun. Being one of the coordinators I just want to make sure everyone has a blast and I love Randi's idea of a Post-dive (hoping her and her DH take me skydiving with them next time ) for the Stampede 3. I am blessed to have been there and met all of you.

On another note, had my kiddo in urgent care tonight because he has had a fever of 102 since late last night. He does not feel well at all and I would appreciate your keeping him in your prayers. Thanks.

Happy Stampin!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #1583
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Good night ladies!

Keeping all the little ones in my prayers. Keep us all updated on the kiddos please. I love to hear about them doing better!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #1584
Matboard Maniac

What a blessing you ladies are to me!! Thank you to all of you for your prayers, posts and emails. Megan is doing great now - it is amazing what a few doses of antibiotics can do for a sick body. She is feeling much better, you wouldn't even know she is sick.

Autumn - hope your little guy is better today and that they were able to tell you what is wrong. I will be praying for him.

Marian

I have lost 24.8 lbs since January 6th, 2007 - doing weight watchers.

I went to the SCS St. Louis / IL Stampede on April 21st!!!! wohoo! Had a great time!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #1585
Die Cut Diva

Default Cards, cards, cards.

I made the rest of my card kits yesterday. Let me know if you did not wind up with one, I will happily send it. I sent one to Mindy and Dottie today! It was a gable green joy fold card with happy harmony and french script background. I know you are out there, don't be shy.

Hope all the little people are feeling better soon. What a bummer to be so sick during such beautiful weather.

Thanks again, girls. Such a fun day.

My Gallery

Is That Your Monkey?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #1586
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default prayers and hugs

Prayers for our little angels! (Dakota and Megan)
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #1587
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default If ANYONE did not get to make my swap, Sherri's, Janeane's, or Cindy's:

please pm me and I will send it to you! I can send you any of these four cards if you did not get them completed. I know that all four of ours had some kits leftover. So, please let me know if you did not get them completed or get a chance to grab a kit.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #1588
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default SWAP #'s

the correct #'s for those swaps are:
# 4 chdds (Cindy)
# 32 SherriLD (Sherri)
# 37 stampin-probum (Janeane)
and
# 38 stampin-sunnychick (Tracy)

Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #1589
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default a huge apology on my part:

I know I announced, emailed, pm'd or something of that nature concerning the time change...I am sorry that message was not clearly sent to each of you. My apologies for the confusion...
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #1590
Bunny's SunnyChick

K, I posted tons of TY's on the Thank You thread that was linked here earlier...so again my heartfelt thanks to Randi and Autumn for all the hours and hours of hard work, for some delicious food and to your families (especially the guys, dh's) that set it all up for us....thanks to Randi's Mom for a delicious lunch. Thanks to Son Life for allowing us to "borrow" their facilities. Thanks to Carla for some crazy-fun games (as promised).

and most of all: THANKS TO YOU FOR ATTENDING, SWAPPING, and PARTICIPATING! YOU ALL ROCK! IT WAS AN AMAZING DAY and I completely enjoyed meeting each of you!
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #1591
Bunny's SunnyChick

Give us just a few days to recoup and then we can get that post-dive (cute name R) going while it's all still fresh in our minds.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #1592
Rubber Obsessor

Ladies, I think someone was asking about the new things coming out in the
2007/2008 Idea Book and Catalog...here are the tidbits:
- New rhinestone brads, squares and circles called “Fire” and “Ice”. They are gorgeous from what I’ve been told.
- New petal stamp set with matching chipboard pieces
- New In Colors: Wild Wasabi, Pomegranate, Groovy Guava and pretty color of light blue (didn’t know the name)
We are also getting a Basic Gray with a permanent pigment base for coloring outline stamps (like Basic Black and Basic Brown)

my avatar is sweet Sadie Mae
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #1593
Bunny's SunnyChick

KEWL thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglgeorge
Ladies, I think someone was asking about the new things coming out in the
2007/2008 Idea Book and Catalog...here are the tidbits:
- New rhinestone brads, squares and circles called “Fire” and “Ice”. They are gorgeous from what I’ve been told.
- New petal stamp set with matching chipboard pieces
- New In Colors: Wild Wasabi, Pomegranate, Groovy Guava and pretty color of light blue (didn’t know the name)
We are also getting a Basic Gray with a permanent pigment base for coloring outline stamps (like Basic Black and Basic Brown)
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #1594
Polyshrink Goddess

Good thing I have an awesome demo who will hook me up with all of that fun info and the new catty - love ya Autumn!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #1595
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default Upload using this CATEGORY: SPLITCOAST ST/IL STAMPEDE

LADIES...
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR SHOEBOX SWAPS using this CATEGORY: SPLITCOAST ST/IL STAMPEDE (it is located near the end of the options under Gatherings)....Jenn just added it for us...THANKS SO MUCH!
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #1596
~~Triple S Threat~~

here is the link to the gallery... this years and last years!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...y.php?cat=6692

Old 04-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #1597
Matboard Maniac

I uploaded my card into the gallery, and it said that it was successful, but it doesn't show up in the gallery. Hopefully it will show up in a little while.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #1598
Bunny's SunnyChick

I'm looking...I'm a looking...it should show up soon...sometimes I think we just get way too impatient. I don't know about you but when patience was being handed out...I missed the boat! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetris
I uploaded my card into the gallery, and it said that it was successful, but it doesn't show up in the gallery. Hopefully it will show up in a little while.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #1599
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
I'm looking...I'm a looking...it should show up soon...sometimes I think we just get way too impatient. I don't know about you but when patience was being handed out...I missed the boat! lol
It's totally there! I'll upload mine tonight when I get home. SO cool to have our very own gallery!!http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...y.php?cat=9916
Old 04-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #1600
Stampin' Fool

I got my card on there, but I don't know how to get the pictures I took from my camera to the "upload photos" page. They're in Adobe photoshop elements. Can anyone help? If not, I'll just wait until I pick up the prints and scan them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoberKitty
It's totally there! I'll upload mine tonight when I get home. SO cool to have our very own gallery!!http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...y.php?cat=9916