Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #1361
Bunny's SunnyChick

I couldn't tell ya how even if I tried...I depend on one of those wonderful sites that provide directions to and fro. lol

sorry...I don't know the area and even if I did...I stink at directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlayton
I know how to get to the convention center in Collinsville. Are there directions to the church posted somewhere and I missed them??
Roberta
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #1362
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2
Hey, I'll tell you what: You be "Spring-like" and I will be "Autumn-Like". Bwhahahahaha. OY someone shut this thing off. Sorry, havent' slept for 22 hours straight so I'm doing the Slap happy dance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Dottie
I can't wait to meet you - you sound like you'll be a barrel of fun!
Awwww thanks Dottie. You'll either love me or hate me. LOL I like to have fun but well sometimes people take me the wrong way.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #1363
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
Oh she definitely is...HI DOTTIE...So happy to see ya found your way here.
Awww thanks TiTi. I love you too.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1364
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Okay, I am off to count White Elephants.

No I was seriously counting White Elephants last night. LOL I was making the White elephant numbers for the game so they can be given to the people participating in the White elephant game.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #1365
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
I am off to count and wrap some more gifts and see if I have enough now...I rec'd an order yesterday and one today. I am waiting on one more and it is the one I *really* want. So, pray that it arrives before I leave or somebody will have to receive a gift via snail mail.

Who's EXCITED??? ME, ME, Definitely ME!
Me, Me and the Mouse in my pocket are all very excited. Hey just a few more days. WOO HOO!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #1366
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkerzaway
Ok, I have a stupid question, I guess. I forgot to sub to this thread so haven't been following it from day 1 and need to make sure that I am doing the shoebox swap correctly. Have been trying to filter thru the posts but they have me outnumbered and I need to know in time to finish getting ready.

Am guessing from several of the more recent posts that we are to have the supplies each bagged up separately, yes? And instructions in the bag as well? Is there anything else that I need to know about the shoebox swap? I am bringing everything needed for my card other than the adhesive...does that sound about right? And don't worry, I didn't notice the spring theme until too late to change as I didn't realize we would be doing quite so many cards and had to make sure to choose a color of c/s that I had enough for the quantity needed. So, get the Cool Whip, we got yer pumpkin pie ready here in O'Fallon!

The white elephant gift....needs to be wrapped, right? Is an old SAB set ok for that category? Or does it have to be something else? I had asked Autumn about the yard sale and she was kind enough to put me down for a table but Autumn, nevermind...I'll be dragging enough stuff with me, don't think I can get it together for the yard sale table but thanks so much anyway.

Hope that someone can give me the 411 on those questions. I'll be carpooling with Joni and Robin and we are prepared for a lot of fun on Saturday! Jan
Jan
Jan, I see that Tracy answered your questions but I wanted to pop on and say I will remove you from the yard sale list as you requested. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh and by the way, I love Pumpkin Pie with cool whip. LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #1367
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsouthall
Does anyone have GODSPEED and can bring it for me?

Marian
PS - I will have envelopes for sale on the yard sale tables - 100 envelopes fo r $2.50 (A2 size) along with retired stamp sets, cardstock sample rings (with the InColors included) and more
WOO HOO way to advertise your sale Girl. Can't wait to see all your fun stuff. I even have some stuff that I demo'd that is already made for sale. This is gonna be fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #1368
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by knielsen
Kelly,

I can bring my Bundle of Joy for you to use. I will also bring my Cuttlebug stuff, what I have... it needs to be more but I have to remember moderation.

I have my name tag done .....I think I like it but that changes with the wind

I am getting so excited and can't wait to meet this wonderful group of hilarious women.
Name tag?????? Bwhahahahahah sorry ladies I am still in denial about this since mine is still torn apart on my desk. I am not a last minute type person so this is driving me bonkers.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #1369
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscon
What a busy busy board this has been. It makes me more excited just reading it! Are you guys sleeping at all?
Sleep, Schmeep, I'm Eatin' a Peep! OMW! that was just weird but I am pretty sure you know I haven't been sleeping with that answer right. LOL And yes, I was eating a blue peep when I read your question.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #1370
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverwife
Connie - I live around the corner from the church so that info doesn't pertain to me for the Stampede but it did make me check on the road conditions for next week. We have a field trip to the zoo on Thursday and I didn't realize that the construction was so close. Thanks so much for that update.
Hmmmm which one of us actually lives closer to the church. Anybody want to guess? (No Randi you can't guess). LOL

Okay, so the Question is: Who lives closer to the Church/Stampede event site. Randi or Autumn?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #1371
The Queen of Blue

OH My well my name tag is calling me, guess I didn't kill it enough the other day. Of to either fix it or go out to the shed for the charcoal lighter. I'm currently leaning towards a trip to the shed.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #1372
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
OH My well my name tag is calling me, guess I didn't kill it enough the other day. Of to either fix it or go out to the shed for the charcoal lighter. I'm currently leaning towards a trip to the shed.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Read what you typed, and you thought Tracy was the only one! LOL!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #1373
The Queen of Blue

Help me out Mindy, I haven't slept for two days. LOL What did I do. LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #1374
The Queen of Blue

Bwhahahahahahaha ROTFLMBO. Hey Mindy, I finally seen it. Took me like 10 minutes but I finally seen what I did. LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #1375
The Queen of Blue

Well the name tag is finished. I still don't like it but OH WELL! Also I just noticed there is not a bit of stamping on the whole thing. (No wonder I don't like it). LOL

Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #1376
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Hmmmm which one of us actually lives closer to the church. Anybody want to guess? (No Randi you can't guess). LOL

Okay, so the Question is: Who lives closer to the Church/Stampede event site. Randi or Autumn?
Randy lives closer. (?)

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #1377
The Queen of Blue

I have your Answer noted Shirley. But I won't tell you if your right or not just yet.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #1378
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Sleep, Schmeep, I'm Eatin' a Peep! OMW! that was just weird but I am pretty sure you know I haven't been sleeping with that answer right. LOL And yes, I was eating a blue peep when I read your question.
Yeah!! SLEEP?? What's that? ROFLMBO!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #1379
The Queen of Blue

Who's sleeping? I'm not sleeping. Gonna try to go to sleep tonight though. I'm picking up Princess Randi in the morning so we can go Stampede Shopping.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #1380
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Well the name tag is finished. I still don't like it but OH WELL! Also I just noticed there is not a bit of stamping on the whole thing. (No wonder I don't like it). LOL
Mine probably won't have any stamping on it either. I went out today and bought some goodies to make it.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #1381
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy
Mine probably won't have any stamping on it either. I went out today and bought some goodies to make it.
Well at this point I'm just glad I have a name tag and it's not a sticker. LOL I'm sure the neighbors are tired of seeing me burning name tags in the front yard anyway. LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #1382
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I am going to say

Autumn lives closer.
Well I am going to bed. I have my cards almost all completely cut out, and still have my nametag. But I will get it all done tomorrow, I have to! I have a very busy day Friday. I have lunch with a Generals wife, WHOO HOO (I am going for the free food) and a dinner Women's retreat Friday night. I am so EXCITED I am going to jump for joy! Did ya'll feel that? I jumped!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #1383
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Well at this point I'm just glad I have a name tag and it's not a sticker. LOL I'm sure the neighbors are tired of seeing me burning name tags in the front yard anyway. LOL
Just as long as it isn't your Bra, then we will be okay! LOL. Women's movement! Love th 60's!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #1384
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Autumn lives closer.
Well I am going to bed. I have my cards almost all completely cut out, and still have my nametag. But I will get it all done tomorrow, I have to! I have a very busy day Friday. I have lunch with a Generals wife, WHOO HOO (I am going for the free food) and a dinner Women's retreat Friday night. I am so EXCITED I am going to jump for joy! Did ya'll feel that? I jumped!
Your answer is noted but I'm not telling you if it's wrong or right yet.

Your a busy chicka. Can't wait to see you saturday. I was looking through the old stampede pics earlier tonight, it was a fun time last year even with all the power outages. This year will be even better.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #1385
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Just as long as it isn't your Bra, then we will be okay! LOL. Women's movement! Love th 60's!
LOL nope definately not the bra.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #1386
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Your a busy chicka. Can't wait to see you saturday. I was looking through the old stampede pics earlier tonight, it was a fun time last year even with all the power outages. This year will be even better.
It sure was. I am going to bring my stuff before 10 on Saturday leave and come back about 1. My babysitter cannot sit until 1. I want to make sure that my stuff is there for everyone to use, besides I have to have something to do while I am sitting on the edge of my seat. Plus I have to get worms for my son's frogs and will be in Fairview anyway. Okay I am really going to bed now. GOOD NIGHT LADIES!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #1387
The Queen of Blue

Night Mindy. Sleep well. See you Saturday.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 AM   #1388
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlayton
I know how to get to the convention center in Collinsville. Are there directions to the church posted somewhere and I missed them??
Roberta
Most people are mapquesting the directions from the address listed on the first post. It is very easy.
Let me know if that doesn't help.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:47 AM   #1389
Polyshrink Goddess

Autumn, queen of blue, who does live closer to the church? Like mapquest closer or like "who could stand on their house and see the roof of the church" closer? Or who sees the stinkin place every day because that is where her precious little kiddos go to school and she has to be there everyday for carpool?

I really should be typing my grocery list for today but that doesn't seem as fun and this!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 AM   #1390
Polyshrink Goddess

OK, I mapquested it but I still don't think that mine is right. I don't go that way to Church but it says that is the shortest distance. Maybe I need to change the way I get there. That still doesn't tell you who lives closer - it just tells you that mapquest doesn't know the best way.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #1391
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinCarla
Kelly,
Which, "With Sympathy" do you need? I have the one from the hostess set -Warmest Regard- I can bring it if that ones ok.
Carla
That one is perfect. Thank you!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 AM   #1392
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscon
HEY -- If anyone from the Missouri side is planning on taking highway 40/64 to downtown and then on over to Illinois for the Stampede -- I want to point out (as my friend Liz reminded me) that Highway 40/64 will be closed this weekend I think between McCausland and Kingshighway, traffic being diverted onto Oakland.

If that is your route to the Stampede, you may want to give yourself some extra time for the detour. I don't know what the traffic will be like in the morning, but I wanted to remind.

Below is text from KMOV

(KMOV) - The first bridge demolition in the I-64 project is set for next weekend, April 20-23.

It is set to shut down Interstate 64 for the weekend. There will be a full closure of I-64 between Oakland and Hampton to demolish the Tamm Avenue bridge.

The implosion will take place Friday night, then the weekend will be spent cleaning up the remains.

All traffic will be routed onto Oakland.
Any idea if it will be open from Kingshighway to the Poplar? They have the ramp from 44/55 N to the Poplar closed and I was hoping to jump on 64 after Kingshighway to avoid the mess of diverting traffic downtown.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 04-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #1393
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19
That one is perfect. Thank you!
Great Kelly!
I will bring it for you!
Carla
Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #1394
Die Cut Diva

I think you will be fine east of Kingshighway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19
Any idea if it will be open from Kingshighway to the Poplar? They have the ramp from 44/55 N to the Poplar closed and I was hoping to jump on 64 after Kingshighway to avoid the mess of diverting traffic downtown.

My Gallery

Is That Your Monkey?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:00 AM   #1395
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Name tag?????? Bwhahahahahah sorry ladies I am still in denial about this since mine is still torn apart on my desk. I am not a last minute type person so this is driving me bonkers.
Hry Autumn, How about coming up with 2 ideas, (one for me). I don't have a clue what to do for a name tag. Maybe I'll just write my name on a name tag, like the ones you see everywhere - this is driving me crazy too. I'm ready except for that.

On another subject ....

Randi, I have some "thinking of you" cards that are blank inside. Will those work for the expectant mothers?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #1396
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Autumn, you're cracking me up!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #1397
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Autumn lives closer.
I sure hope that General's wife is 100% nicer than my brother's! He's a General and down to earth and she's a B....! She doesn't like any of her in-laws, and we can't stand her.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #1398
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm a semi-pro photographer and planned on bringing my slr camera and tripod to get some goup pictures. Is that a good idea or does someone else do it? I guess I could too though, then I'd have the prints. I have a digital too but I hate dealing with the red eye, that doesn't always go away. Someone give me your thoughts, please.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #1399
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Dottie
I'm a semi-pro photographer and planned on bringing my slr camera and tripod to get some goup pictures. Is that a good idea or does someone else do it? I guess I could too though, then I'd have the prints. I have a digital too but I hate dealing with the red eye, that doesn't always go away. Someone give me your thoughts, please.
That would be awesome! I'm bringing my digital and of course my phone has a camera too, but to get real pics of everyone would be really nice!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #1400
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default Help my gf's please

Ladies-
I know there has been some mention of scrapbook/rubber stamp/craft related stores along the way...Can someone please tell me where the girls will want to stop on their way from Ky to Arnold/St. Louis area?
Thanks in advance for your help...they want to shop for scrapbook stuff and whatever else they can find...
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap