Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #801
Bunny's SunnyChick

The concern was that last year several ladies were done early. As I have already said, I personally don't care either way. Last year we did 20 swaps per group and had two groups. That was how I set it up...it seemed to work fine except for those that were done early. I am working on this ladies...so don't get worried about it yet. We don't want to take away from the quality of your swaps due to the price of embellishments. I understand...really I do so I (we) will come up with a solution that will be fair to everyone. Thanks for your input and suggestions.
Please watch for an email or pm soon...I will need prompt answers please so we can make a final decision. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoberKitty
Wow, 44 cards/projects to do - that's a LOT. Especially in addition to all the other *fun* stuff you great ladies have planned! Can we get a Starbuck's cart to come and supply us with large amounts of caffeine?!? LOL!! I AM a caffeinated being, after all!
Do we have to be out of the church at 6 or 7? Or can we stick around till like 10?
My only concern is that I've coordinated a shoebox swap before w/ only about 25 participants and only lunch and we still didn't get everything done. I still have cards/projects from that swap that I took home and just never completed. ...just a thought...
I KNOW how much work is involved with planning/coordinating an event like this and I'm VERY appreciative of all you ladies' efforts!!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #802
Bunny's SunnyChick

This is a wonderful idea Laura...if I have time to go to Kinko's or somewhere else to get it done. I am not sure that I can but for those that can it should help a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurakj
I do have one suggestion, no matter what we end up doing

I took a pic of my finished card and shrunk it down so I could fit 9 on a piece of copy paper. I'm going to take the file to Kinkos or someplace similar and have them print out 5 or 6 copies, so I can add the actual image of my card to each packet. That way everyone has the same image to go by if they can't get the cards done on time.

Just a thought to help make it all easier for everyone
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #803
Bunny's SunnyChick

Oh and we could probably stay longer if we would like to do so...Last year we did everything that Laura listed and completed 20 swaps. EVERYONE was done earlier than expected without any problems. So it shouldn't be a problem to achieve a few more swaps this year and the rest of our activities. The activities is what makes it all worth it to me...we get to socialize then.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #804
Bunny's SunnyChick

BTW, Laura I rec'd your beautiful card today. Thank You so much! I will post your payment in a bit. I am still working...just knew this (the swaps) was a HOT issue at the moment and thought I would jump back on here for a few.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #805
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
BTW, Laura I rec'd your beautiful card today. Thank You so much! I will post your payment in a bit. I am still working...just knew this (the swaps) was a HOT issue at the moment and thought I would jump back on here for a few.
Glad to hear it got there alright!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #806
Die Cut Diva

Default wow.

So much going on. Head spinning, I can't even imagine what you planners heads are doing

I am learning so many good things from the board, I have never been to a swap, much less one of this magnitude. I baggied up a bunch of projects last night. I will definitely print up the instructions and add to the bag. Why don't I think of these things????? duh.

My Gallery

Is That Your Monkey?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #807
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy
My hubby is to be gone 179 days. He left here the 1st of Jan, but that doesn't count. His days don't start til he reports to his destination. Really SUCKS! But we are now half over. THANK GOD! Can you guess wher me frustration comes from?
Totally understand your frustration Mindy. My hubby got his 20 years in and left. I was thankful for that, let me tell you. Lucky for me he was half way done before we were married.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #808
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscon
So much going on. Head spinning, I can't even imagine what you planners heads are doing

I am learning so many good things from the board, I have never been to a swap, much less one of this magnitude. I baggied up a bunch of projects last night. I will definitely print up the instructions and add to the bag. Why don't I think of these things????? duh.
No worries Connie, most of the instructions are in the first post with the registration form but I sometimes can read something and then forget about it. You will have a blast.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #809
The Queen of Blue

Ladies, I understand everyone's concerns. Some of you were not there last year to see how actually fast the swapping went. Also, an hour for meet N greet???? thats doubtful. LOL We will be meeting and greeting all day.

Also, there really is no end time as far as the stampede goes. Last year everyone left right after dinner because we had been finished for some time.

I do not mean to sound snarky but while we are all there we can stamp and talk at the same time. Sorry about the expense ladies. I know that you gals that are in the St. Louis stamping group are used to 10 to 12 cards so thats not as expensive as this amout for the stampede but we don't do a stampede once a month either. Me personally, you couldn't pay me to plan one once a month, it's too much work for the 3 of us girls planning it and doing our swaps too. LOL

We want everyone to have a blast and will try to accomodate everyone as best we can. Randi, Tracy and I have been discussing this quite often and will try to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks for your input as it does help us with our decisions.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #810
Matboard Maniac

I would personally like to do as many swaps as we can - that way I can get as many ideas as possible - I don't mind making up 44 kits at all - - I would rather do the most we can!

JMHO - Marian

I have lost 24.8 lbs since January 6th, 2007 - doing weight watchers.

I went to the SCS St. Louis / IL Stampede on April 21st!!!! wohoo! Had a great time!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #811
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

I am not going to sweat the small stuff. I think we can work at our own pace-do as many cards there as we choose and take pic's and finish the ones at home if we don't want to complete them all that day. I will be on the road for a total of 6 hrs that day, but I am sure planning on having a good time while I am there.
It sounds to me like we have some great ladies planning a wonderful swap. I can't wait to meet everyone.

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #812
The Queen of Blue

Marian, I just noticed your weight loss in your signature line. Way to go. I am doing weight watchers too. Backslid a bit when my Best GF passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago but I'm back on track now.

Do you go to meetings? I go on Tuesday mornings to the Fairview Weight Watchers. Looking forward to meeting you at the stampede. I will bring you some of my FAV WW recipes if you are interested.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #813
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive
I am not going to sweat the small stuff. I think we can work at our own pace-do as many cards there as we choose and take pic's and finish the ones at home if we don't want to complete them all that day. I will be on the road for a total of 6 hrs that day, but I am sure planning on having a good time while I am there.
It sounds to me like we have some great ladies planning a wonderful swap. I can't wait to meet everyone.
Wow Shirley, I forgot you said the other day on the phone that it was 3 hours one way. Sure you don't want to get a room for the night??? Sorry, I don't have an extra spot here or I would surely put you up for the night. Gonna have to tell DH he has to add on a guest room soon. You never know we could one day have the Stampede Stay over rooms on our property. LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #814
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2
Wow Shirley, I forgot you said the other day on the phone that it was 3 hours one way. Sure you don't want to get a room for the night??? Sorry, I don't have an extra spot here or I would surely put you up for the night. Gonna have to tell DH he has to add on a guest room soon. You never know we could one day have the Stampede Stay over rooms on our property. LOL
I will be so wound up afterwards, I probably would not get much sleep anyway.
I am up most of the night anyway as you know. Becky and I will be talking 90 mile a minute on the way home (hopefully not driving that) and the time will pass fast.

I am coming up the next weekend with some friends to the CK convention. I think I should just move up there.

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #815
Matboard Maniac

I would love more WW recipes - yes, I go to meetings in Fairview Heights on Saturday mornings. I put that in my sig line after I saw yours : 0 thanks for the idea.

Congrats to you too - 20 lbs is a significant weight loss!! Way to go us

Marian

I have lost 24.8 lbs since January 6th, 2007 - doing weight watchers.

I went to the SCS St. Louis / IL Stampede on April 21st!!!! wohoo! Had a great time!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #816
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
I will be so wound up afterwards, I probably would not get much sleep anyway.
I am up most of the night anyway as you know. Becky and I will be talking 90 mile a minute on the way home (hopefully not driving that) and the time will pass fast.

I am coming up the next weekend with some friends to the CK convention. I think I should just move up there.
Yes that would be cool. You could totally move up here. LOL I don't know if I will make it to the CK convention or not, just depends on DH's work schedule.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #817
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsouthall
I would love more WW recipes - yes, I go to meetings in Fairview Heights on Saturday mornings. I put that in my sig line after I saw yours : 0 thanks for the idea.

Congrats to you too - 20 lbs is a significant weight loss!! Way to go us

Marian
Cool, I will start getting some recipes together for you. Sharon is the WW leader on Tuesdays. I can't go on Saturdays, DH works. Tuesdays DS is in preschool and this summer he will more than likely just go with me. Another of the girls brings her little girl with her.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #818
Bunny's SunnyChick

Awww you are such a sweetie...your positivity is truly refreshing. You have the right idea this is all about stamping and having a great time together with our SCS gf's. I know the first time I attended it was all about the excitement of meeting my girls for the first time...I was psyched to get a chance to meet some of my SCS friends. I know it will all work out just fine. These gals are stampaholics so they will do just fine.

Quote:
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #819
The Queen of Blue

I'm a stamper, she's a stamper, wouldn't you like to be a stamper too........ be a stamper la la la la la.

Sorry, too much caffeine, stepping away from the keyboard now.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #820
Polyshrink Goddess

Love you girls! Thanks for keeping the peace. We will have so much fun and the day will fly by. Tracy, don't forget your gun - the ATG not the Remington!
Good night and peaceful dreams!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #821
The Queen of Blue

Tee hee Annie get your gun. Would you please stop setting me up for musicals and commercials here. LOL

Sorry, I will have my ATG gun. Randi do we need to order tape before the swap? I have 12 rolls, well okay 11 cuz I'm using one of the 12 right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #822
Bunny's SunnyChick

No worries Randi...my "gun" goes where I go! lol

Ummm I always bring extra tape chickies...gotta make sure we don't run out. Like 36 yards goes fast.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #823
Polyshrink Goddess

Default GOOD NIGHT LADIES!

Well another busy day done and gone, with more on the way. I cannot wait till the swap. Only 17 more shopping days left ladies!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #824
The Queen of Blue

No kidding but the next time tape is ordered Randi and I are gonna order together for a cheaper rate. Sounds cool huh? Wanna play? LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #825
Bunny's SunnyChick

Good Night Randi...Sweet dreamzzz...
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #826
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Well another busy day done and gone, with more on the way. I cannot wait till the swap. Only 17 more shopping days left ladies!
Good night???? Mindy we are just getting started babe. Hope you rest well sweetie. Can't wait to see you at the swap.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #827
Polyshrink Goddess

Default DANG!

You ladies are fast! I type my message and already 2 more when I am done. JEEZ! I know it is early, but I am taking my Sons to MCY'DS for a play date at 9 in the morning.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #828
The Queen of Blue

Yeah, well it's only early for us night owls hon. I am up working on files for the office anyway and playing on here. LOL Sleep well Mindy. Have fun at the play date tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #829
Polyshrink Goddess

Default YA SURE!

I will have fun. The kids will have more fun, because I can't fit in those tunnels like I used to. LOL! GOOD NIGHT AND SLEEP TIGHT! And you night owls, stay off the caffiene. LOL!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #830
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default SWAP INFO

After much discussion...

WE will be cutting and swapping for the ENTIRE group as planned originally. There really are no time restraints to be concerned with as we can stay at the church as long as we would like to do so. By Friday/Saturday I will be able to give a FINAL count and then we should all have plenty of time to prep.

Please make sure you put your cards and the pieces into a baggie with instructions. If some of you can not provide (like me) a photo of your project then don't worry photos will be posted within a day or so on SCS.

So during the Stampede all you will need to do is make sure that you stamp any images that you don't already own and add the finishing touches on a few cards at home if you get pressed for time or need to leave early. You may even want to personalize your greeting at home.

How AWESOME will it be, ladies, to go home with 40 cards/projects, tons of new ideas, and some quality samples for customers if you want to use them for SU! Which is another reason you may want to stamp an image or wait to stamp an SU! image later to share with customers...

Anyway, if you need help getting some supplies together PLEASE PM one of us (coordinators). WE all three have tons of supplies on hand and don't mind sharing at all.

WE DO REQUIRE QUALITY CARDS/PROJECTS. Keeping them simple is fine but make sure they are of good quality and not too simple. Expect a similar email tomorrow so that I do not miss contacting anyone. It will include a few more details. Thanks so much for your understanding.

WE have a ton of newbies attending this event....let's make it fun for them ladies.

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns please refrain from posting on this thread...I prefer that you pm or email me {(stampin-sunnychick: Tracy)(stampcrazed2: Autumn) (skydiverwife: Randi)} directly. I/WE will address your concerns, etc personally. Thank You so very much!
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-04-2007 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #831
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
I will have fun. The kids will have more fun, because I can't fit in those tunnels like I used to. LOL! GOOD NIGHT AND SLEEP TIGHT! And you night owls, stay off the caffiene. LOL!
Aww bummer don't you hate it when those tunnels shrink. I can't fit in them anymore either, but I can still dream that I can fit. LOL Staying off the caffeine, drinking water now.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #832
The Queen of Blue

I am soooo excited about the stampede. I could just sing.......... LOL no worries, I will not sing I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. (now that song is stuck in your head. Bwhahahahahaha).

Okay, I'm here but working on some case files that I need to turn in to the office in the morning. OY! all these problems in the world and all I want to do is stamp.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #833
Bunny's SunnyChick

lol silly girl!

Quote:
Aww bummer don't you hate it when those tunnels shrink. I can't fit in them anymore either, but I can still dream that I can fit. LOL Staying off the caffeine, drinking water now.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #834
The Queen of Blue

Tracy did I tell you I ordered some Bellas? I told DH it was your fault. Had to blame it on someone ya know. LOL (like he would care)
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #835
Bunny's SunnyChick

ME TOO! ME TOO! Stop making me sing to myself...the guys are gonna think I have lost it. Oh wait...they already think that. Oh go ahead and sing.

I could teach ya a few songs I sang this past weekend. They are crazy funny...especially with 60 or so grown women singing them. I promise to teach ya my most favorite one when I see ya. You will surely love it as much as I do.

Quote:
I am soooo excited about the stampede. I could just sing.......... LOL no worries, I will not sing I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. (now that song is stuck in your head. Bwhahahahahaha).

Okay, I'm here but working on some case files that I need to turn in to the office in the morning. OY! all these problems in the world and all I want to do is stamp.
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #836
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
ME TOO! ME TOO! Stop making me sing to myself...the guys are gonna think I have lost it. Oh wait...they already think that. Oh go ahead and sing.

I could teach ya a few songs I sang this past weekend. They are crazy funny...especially with 60 or so grown women singing them. I promise to teach ya my most favorite one when I see ya. You will surely love it as much as I do.
WOO HOO, I can't wait to learn it. Whats it called?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #837
Bunny's SunnyChick

Uh-oh I was an enabler? Bad Titi...bad! lol

Cool which ones did ya order? I love mine...they are so stinkin adorable and my swaps I did (rec'd) are da bomb-diggity!
Quote:
Tracy did I tell you I ordered some Bellas? I told DH it was your fault. Had to blame it on someone ya know. LOL (like he would care)
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #838
Bunny's SunnyChick

Tooty Tot!
Do ya know it?
that is just one of them that I find hi-LARIOUS!

Quote:
WOO HOO, I can't wait to learn it. Whats it called?
Tracy H. #31511=)
Are you a member ?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #839
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Uh-oh I was an enabler? Bad Titi...bad! lol

Cool which ones did ya order? I love mine...they are so stinkin adorable and my swaps I did (rec'd) are da bomb-diggity!
Maybe we should go over the ones that I didn't order. Actually I only got a few but I can't find my list right now. Truthfully can't find my desktop right now. Have been working on three really really bad child custody cases and all I can say is they are heartbreaking and really bad.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #840
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Tooty Tot!
Do ya know it?
that is just one of them that I find hi-LARIOUS!
You mean the preschooler song. A totty tot a tooty tot a tooty tot tot? Is that the one? DS sings it all the time yeah, okay I do to Love that song.