Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/)
-   -   CLOSED *3rd Annual HPC - North Carolina (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/closed-%2A3rd-annual-hpc-north-carolina-t450936.html)

LauraJean 08-02-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14778273)
Me too!:mrgreen: I'll need the break by then! I have also been hinting at the hubby that I wanna visit my family in Jersey (Michele and Jackie - not the real ones! ;)) in October!

Ohhhhhhh Scrappy, first weekend in october? Your family from WI is coming then :mrgreen:

LauraJean 08-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 14778355)
congrats on being hos girls! lol

mama, I need help (I can just imagine what you're thinking right now), I sent you a pm

my back is killing me, I'm going to bed and read my new entertainment weekly with edward on the cover

night girls!

ps Polo is so aggravated at me, he can't get thru my stamp room!

Really, lets' get this straight Joy, we know you are never going to get past the cover :twisted:

LauraJean 08-02-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 14780330)
look at you, Scrappy, in NC for a few short months and you already have new stamping friends. You are one friendly ho.
I just saw a new name and she was fitting in so well I thought I went into a coma for a while LOL!
Howdy Wendy.

Hey Su,

Did you get tickets for that phillies game that I am gonna be at? J/W!

hippieaud 08-02-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 14779292)
Audrey--me too please! Thanks so much.

Sandye/sgc/Well-Seasoned Ho

You got it. Love your HO name btw.

Are you getting excited for Stampaway?

sgc 08-02-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieaud (Post 14781142)
You got it. Love your HO name btw.

Are you getting excited for Stampaway?

Yes, I am! It is always such a great time:)

Sandye/sgc

babitoons 08-02-2009 11:39 AM

Okay I am SO behind!

LJ I love the avatar! It is just too cute!

Lisa, I sent you my list for the Bella order, bot was it hard to be good on that one!

Thank you ladies for your kind words on my cards these last few days, I felt like I was attacked by cards lol but I think it all worked out. I had a bunch I made for people at work, plus the blog hops yesterday and the release party...but I survived! lol The last few days were just long ones, in fact I came on here to catch up but I think I just need a nap...so I am off to grab a quick sleep. I shall return....eventually...;)

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 12:05 PM

okay Jackie...20 minutes have passed...ya back yet? ;) J/k! Get some zzzs gf!

huera90 08-02-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14780968)
Really, lets' get this straight Joy, we know you are never going to get past the cover :twisted:

ROTFLMAO. . .:lol:

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 14780456)
dj, have fun!

Marci, I made one of those animal cracker boxes last night, but I made mine for doggie treats, well I made it after Polo went to bed, and I left it on the floor- my bad- well guess what, when I woke up this morning, all the doggie treats were gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Polo sends his thanks! Attachment 156052 Now get back on that pole and earn him his goodies! :p

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14780963)
Ohhhhhhh Scrappy, first weekend in october? Your family from WI is coming then :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: We'll see! I told my hubby we should "all go up for a visit." However he said he doesn't want to, but I can go with Annabella maybe. :twisted: My dastardly plan is working! muhuhahaha!

hippieaud 08-02-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14781871)
Polo sends his thanks! Attachment 156052 Now get back on that pole and earn him his goodies! :p

That pic is hilarious!!:mrgreen:

LauraJean 08-02-2009 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok seriously, does anyone know ANYTHING about antique trunks?

This was in my aunties attic for YEARS, supposedly my great-grandfather brought it o-seas with him:

Attachment 156053

My uncle is claiming dibs on it, but I'm trying to find out more since I am cleaning it up for him, the INTERESTING thing is that on the inside of the top of the trunk, is a picture of Dora Goldthwaite, a stage actress from the late 1800's - and she's mentioned in a few Mark Twain books.

huera90 08-02-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14782035)

This was in my aunties attic for YEARS, supposedly my great-grandfather brought it o-seas with him:

Attachment 156053

My uncle is claiming dibs on it, but I'm trying to find out more since I am cleaning it up for him, the INTERESTING thing is that on the inside of the top of the trunk, is a picture of Dora Goldthwaite, a stage actress from the late 1800's - and she's mentioned in a few Mark Twain books.

Not a thing. . .sorry. :(

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14773936)
OMG! Did you get images Rak'd or the stamps? I think I *need* those even more than the others ones! :shock: I have a few Pink Cat sets (thanks to Gael's stealthy enabling), but these ROCK!

Anything I can do to help ;)

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 14777028)
Where's Polo?

Attachment 155930

this is what happens when I try to clean my room and pack up my stuff- but look, there's 1 bare wall where my stamps used to be on shelves!

Polo is absolutely adorable!!!

huera90 08-02-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14781871)

Forget the Pimp Mistress and Mama Ho, we know who the playa' is. . .Huggy Polo. . .;)

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14777626)

As for new Hos...

I think we only have Hippie Ho (Audrey you forgot to add your Ho title to your siggy line!) and Kristi who Mama boinked in as 'Hummer Ho' (I think?).

That is one heck of ho name! What exactly did you guys DO at the HPC??? (or perhaps you are commenting on her humming tunes?)

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14778273)
Me too!:mrgreen: I'll need the break by then! I have also been hinting at the hubby that I wanna visit my family in Jersey (Michele and Jackie - not the real ones! ;)) in October!

Mind if I crash that party? Please...???

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14782035)

Attachment 156053

I don't know anything at all, but I DO like to watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS from time to time. Anyway, this one time someone LOST value in something because she had it all shined up... Something you may want to look into...

huera90 08-02-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 14782133)
That is one heck of ho name! What exactly did you guys DO at the HPC??? (or perhaps you are commenting on her humming tunes?)

How 'bout driving a Hummer. . .;)

Actually, she changed her ho name to Timmy Ho (because she's in love with the donuts at a store that goes by that name).

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 14782148)
Mind if I crash that party? Please...???

of course! We're waiting on Michele to come back from Portugal (with MY pool boy in tow) so we can get it all figured out!

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 14782217)
How 'bout driving a Hummer. . .;)

Actually, she changed her ho name to Timmy Ho (because she's in love with the donuts at a store that goes by that name).

Didn't think of that!

Timmy as in Tim Horton? Never tried their donuts...

mamadwawa 08-02-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14782222)
of course! We're waiting on Michele to come back from Portugal (with MY pool boy in tow) so we can get it all figured out!

I would like a pool boy, too, please. I already have my name for him picked out "Ramon". He need not clean pools, but he MUST roll his Rrrrrrs

daiseyfreak 08-02-2009 01:26 PM

lol, scrappy, that pic never gets old

I am beat, went to watch the Ugly Truth today, funny funny movie, and packed up a bunch of stuff and took it out to the house- man, I have about 50 photo albums, heavy stuff, and I took all my scrapbooks out there too. My back is killing me. I'm off to veg.

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 14782184)
I don't know anything at all, but I DO like to watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS from time to time. Anyway, this one time someone LOST value in something because she had it all shined up... Something you may want to look into...

Gaels right! Cleaning it up may lessen the value! The curved top generally will make a steamer more valuable LJ. Normally time, and wear and tear will crack or break the lid slats with a trunk like the one you have. You need to have it appraised as is.

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 14782255)
I would like a pool boy, too, please. I already have my name for him picked out "Ramon". He need not clean pools, but he MUST roll his Rrrrrrs

Mine might be 'Raul' not that he needs a name so long as he does his job! ;) ...and yes...rolling his R's is of utmost importance! :mrgreen:

daiseyfreak 08-02-2009 01:31 PM

I want Edward as my pool boy, he never sleeps, so he can even pamper me when I'm sleeping!

huera90 08-02-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 14782245)
Didn't think of that!

Timmy as in Tim Horton? Never tried their donuts...

Of course you didn't, you're a ho. . .;)

That's the one! We don't have them here in Texas, so I wasn't sure if it was Tim, Timmy, or Timothy.

LauraJean 08-02-2009 01:38 PM

Okedokey I am going to leave it as is! It's cool though huh?

LauraJean 08-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14782291)
Gaels right! Cleaning it up may lessen the value! The curved top generally will make a steamer more valuable LJ. Normally time, and wear and tear will crack or break the lid slats with a trunk like the one you have. You need to have it appraised as is.

The lid underneath is cracked. BRB with another pic

daiseyfreak 08-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14782355)
Okedokey I am going to leave it as is! It's cool though huh?

yes, I love it, but you already know I love antiques!

LauraJean 08-02-2009 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the inside cover (with Miss Dora Goldthwaite LOL)

Attachment 156056

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 14782364)
yes, I love it, but you already know I love antiques!

hey! Just cuz you're younger than me, doesn't mean you can call me an antique! :p

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:45 PM

LJ...that needs to be appraised by a pro. The picture may be a repro, but you'd have to show it to someone in person to get a real answer. There are tons of reprints of Dora Goldthwaite out there as she was apparently a popular performer way back then. The lid featured a sort of hidden storage compartment in top, but the cover appears to be missing. Do you have it?

LauraJean 08-02-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14782419)
LJ...that needs to be appraised by a pro. The picture may be a repro, but you'd have to show it to someone in person to get a real answer. There are tons of reprints of Dora Goldthwaite out there as she was apparently a popular performer way back then. The lid featured a sort of hidden storage compartment in top, but the cover appears to be missing. Do you have it?

Nope I don't have it. :( Pretty much what you see is what we pulled out there wasn't anything loose or anything. It's been in the attic for a good number of years (30-40)

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 14780330)
look at you, Scrappy, in NC for a few short months and you already have new stamping friends. You are one friendly ho.
I just saw a new name and she was fitting in so well I thought I went into a coma for a while LOL!
Howdy Wendy.

Friendly Ho's gets mo' ching ching on da corna! :p;):mrgreen:

urscrappymama 08-02-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 14782501)
Nope I don't have it. :( Pretty much what you see is what we pulled out there wasn't anything loose or anything. It's been in the attic for a good number of years (30-40)

Still quite a cool find! Gosh! Don't ya wish it could talk and tell ya where it's been?! :)

LauraJean 08-02-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 14782528)
Still quite a cool find! Gosh! Don't ya wish it could talk and tell ya where it's been?! :)

Absolutely! :mrgreen:

daiseyfreak 08-02-2009 02:04 PM

scrappy, I love you more than I love antiques, wink wink!

LauraJean 08-02-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 14782583)
scrappy, I love you more than I love antiques, wink wink!

And I've seen Joy around antiques, that's a lotta love coming your way scrappy! :mrgreen: