Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/)
-   -   CLOSED *3rd Annual HPC - North Carolina (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/closed-%2A3rd-annual-hpc-north-carolina-t450936.html)

daiseyfreak 10-24-2009 05:37 PM

hey girls! just cleaning out some stamps :(

I got a swap done today too. I also went antiquing with my mom. I bought an old popcorn popper for my kitchen!

I think I'm going to do some more stamping, farming, and drink a glass of wine :)

LauraJean 10-24-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 15421845)
hey girls! just cleaning out some stamps :(

I got a swap done today too. I also went antiquing with my mom. I bought an old popcorn popper for my kitchen!

I think I'm going to do some more stamping, farming, and drink a glass of wine :)

I'm farming tonight too :D

tdean32 10-24-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieaud (Post 15420632)
I will get there my friend!

plenty of time sweets!

mcfadden 10-25-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 15420595)
NO!!! It's not "cool." It's icky-gross!!!

He's shuffled off to Buffalo or wherever the hell Komodo Dragons go when the sun starts to set. . .;)

Okay now I have to goggle komodo dragons....THAT was on your DECK???? holy moly batman--or did you have smaller cousin--I hope? those things eat people and even worse, DOGS!!!!! (j/k) How did it get from Indonesia to TX?

LauraJean 10-25-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15423684)
Okay now I have to goggle komodo dragons....THAT was on your DECK???? holy moly batman--or did you have smaller cousin--I hope? those things eat people and even worse, DOGS!!!!! (j/k) How did it get from Indonesia to TX?

Oh isn't he a cutie :rolleyes::shock: Seriously, I have seen those, at Disney's AK Park - but they were ummm behind bars!

hippieaud 10-25-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15423684)
Okay now I have to goggle komodo dragons....THAT was on your DECK???? holy moly batman--or did you have smaller cousin--I hope? those things eat people and even worse, DOGS!!!!! (j/k) How did it get from Indonesia to TX?

There must be something twisted about me, but I STILL think it's cute!:twisted:

hippieaud 10-25-2009 07:24 AM

DS1 seems so much better today. We should get the H1N1 results sometime today, but I'm pretty convinced he does not have it since he recovered so quickly and his cough really never got much worse - in fact, he doesn't seem to show any sign of it today(?!?) Who knows.... Hope everyone is enjoying their Sun.:mrgreen:

huera90 10-25-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15423684)
Okay now I have to goggle komodo dragons....THAT was on your DECK???? holy moly batman--or did you have smaller cousin--I hope? those things eat people and even worse, DOGS!!!!! (j/k) How did it get from Indonesia to TX?

Hey Kash!

I said Komodo Dragon like I'd say Godzilla. . .;)

MWAH!

huera90 10-25-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieaud (Post 15424024)
DS1 seems so much better today. We should get the H1N1 results sometime today, but I'm pretty convinced he does not have it since he recovered so quickly and his cough really never got much worse - in fact, he doesn't seem to show any sign of it today(?!?) Who knows.... Hope everyone is enjoying their Sun.:mrgreen:

Oh good!!! :D

mcfadden 10-25-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 15424648)
Hey Kash!

I said Komodo Dragon like I'd say Godzilla. . .;)

MWAH!

Whew!!! Huge sigh of relief--so it was like a salamander? Thought something had escaped from the zoo. Geeze I am so literal, others would say gullible--like DJ really has a heated mailbox. :-D

huera90 10-25-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15424660)
Whew!!! Huge sigh of relief--so it was like a salamander? Thought something had escaped from the zoo. Geeze I am so literal, others would say gullible--like DJ really has a heated mailbox. :-D

ROTFLMAO!!!

That's an endearing quality Kash! :D MWAH!

yoorah 10-25-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 15424648)
Hey Kash!

I said Komodo Dragon like I'd say Godzilla. . .;)

MWAH!

Was it one of those leping gecko's that leaped on Lance a couple months back?

celestial_stamper 10-25-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15424660)
Whew!!! Huge sigh of relief--so it was like a salamander? Thought something had escaped from the zoo. Geeze I am so literal, others would say gullible--like DJ really has a heated mailbox. :-D

I have a heated mailbox. I don't like cold rubbah.;)

huera90 10-25-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 15424692)
Was it one of those leping gecko's that leaped on Lance a couple months back?

The time he screamed like a girl? :lol:

No, it was definitely ICKY scaly/armored.

hippieaud 10-25-2009 10:13 AM

Got call from the Urgent Care place, apparently DS1 tested positive for Influenza A, which is the one associated with H1N1, but he is really fine today - playing football in the basement w/ DS2 as we speak and any signs of a cough are gone and he's not running a fever presently and hasn't had any tylenol or motrin. Wierd! (in a good way!)

huera90 10-25-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieaud (Post 15424734)
Got call from the Urgent Care place, apparently DS1 tested positive for Influenza A, which is the one associated with H1N1, but he is really fine today - playing football in the basement w/ DS2 as we speak and any signs of a cough are gone and he's not running a fever presently and hasn't had any tylenol or motrin. Wierd! (in a good way!)

:shock: Can he relapse???

mcfadden 10-25-2009 12:00 PM

Anyone besides me trying to resist clickin' on the "Bells & Whistles" banner ad? Reminescent of Sugar Nellies????

This flu stuff is just too complicated and whichever strain is contracted really s--ks! DS will probably collapse in about an hour.

LauraJean 10-25-2009 12:03 PM

Quick question about CHA - Joy, and a few others are staying until Monday right??

LauraJean 10-25-2009 12:12 PM

BOOKED!!!!

CONFIRMED ITINERARY
Fri, Jan 22 from Milwaukee

07:00am Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
09:19am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
YX751 Non-Stop Meal: Best Care Cuisine
Airbus A319

Mon, Jan 25 from Los Angeles

10:04am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
03:45pm Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
YX752 Non-Stop Meal: Best Care Cuisine
Airbus A319

sgc 10-25-2009 02:10 PM

Yeah! I've for sure got a roomie! Still room, Jackie. We can always get a rollaway bed. LJ--I get there on Thursday (so that I can rest up before all of you young ones get there). I, too, leave on Monday morning.

Sandye/sgc
Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 15425393)
BOOKED!!!!

CONFIRMED ITINERARY
Fri, Jan 22 from Milwaukee

07:00am Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
09:19am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
YX751 Non-Stop Meal: Best Care Cuisine
Airbus A319

Mon, Jan 25 from Los Angeles

10:04am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
03:45pm Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
YX752 Non-Stop Meal: Best Care Cuisine
Airbus A319


delfinaus 10-25-2009 03:42 PM

u guys are going to have such a great time!
make sure u post a lot of pics

LauraJean 10-25-2009 04:13 PM

Mama's flight and my flight arrive 10 minutes apart! :D

tammy miller 10-25-2009 04:35 PM

Hey all, good news LJ I am so glad you got your flight I agree you all will have a blast!! what a great diversion for January. Audrey I hope you little one is doing better and does not relapse, this flu stuff is scary. love the dragon what a hoot.
I was lucky enough to swap some maggies for two sophia sets from paper pretties got story time and make a wish so happy also ordered the mailboxes from artfully inkables. oh well must go farm.
I hope every one has a great night.

SuG 10-25-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15420048)
Oh I have that one on the dinning room table, something about Swans in the title. I'm also reading the dog show mysteries by Laurien Berenson, main character Melanie Traveis and the herb mysteries by Susan Wittig Albert-main character China Bayles. Both series are great. John Sandford is the best, much edgier, more suspensfuls, realistic than the above authors. I like them all! :-D

I don't like realistic or too suspensful. I need easy light funny because i am picking them up and putting them down so much, one sits in my car and just gets picked up for 5 minutes while I wait for a child to get in the car from one event or another. I have read all the other above.

SuG 10-25-2009 04:43 PM

wow sounds like quite a crew causing trouble in LA !!! Watch your backs the ho's on the corners out there are very protective of there space.

LauraJean 10-25-2009 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would post a quick pic I took of our state capitol on the way home tonight - they colored it PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'm still learning how to use my camera, so the photography is not great


Attachment 165951

tdean32 10-25-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 15426681)
I don't like realistic or too suspensful. I need easy light funny because i am picking them up and putting them down so much, one sits in my car and just gets picked up for 5 minutes while I wait for a child to get in the car from one event or another. I have read all the other above.

I'm with you Su. I don't like the realistic or too suspenseful stuff either. I think that's why I like the Joanne Fluke books. They are very light mystery and easy reads. I am going back and forth between them and Debbie Macomber books. I love them both!

sgc 10-25-2009 05:22 PM

I'm kind of glad to see this weekend end! Today, we visited Bellarmine College (about 1 1/2 hours away--it's a small, liberal arts, highly rated, very expensive school), and Liz did not like it! I thought for the tuition they charge, it would be her favorite:) It looks, however, like it is going to be the University of Kentucky. How do kids ever make the decision where to go and what to major in? For me, it was easy. I was 35, married, with two children, and my husband refused to consider me going away:) I think (for Liz) it is fairly well narrowed down--University of Kentucky with a major in BioTechnology on to Physical Therapy (hopefully!) Audrey, hope your son is better! I'm ready for flu season to be over.

Sandye/sgc

daiseyfreak 10-25-2009 05:51 PM

ok, Yoorah's always saying her being a lawyer only does us good in CA, sooooo, I think we're good to go in January, wink wink!

daiseyfreak 10-25-2009 06:16 PM

sandye, at least she knows what she wants to do! I didn't go to college for 2 years after I graduated.....b/c I wasn't sure...boy, I'm glad I waited, that way, I didn't waste 2 years partying with hot guys for nothin.....wait...maybe I should have done that....lol I could have been studying addictions then (and maybe a little anatomy), huh???

Seriously, you have every reason to be proud of her, she sounds like such a bright young lady! how exciting! you will have empty nest syndrome- again!

daiseyfreak 10-25-2009 06:17 PM

i need to start reading another book. I finished Nicholas Spark's The Last Song last week, what a good book, tear jerker.

ok, I'm really frustrated with my DH, they seriously mean for better or WORSE, don't they? ugh.

urscrappymama 10-25-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 15424660)
Whew!!! Huge sigh of relief--so it was like a salamander? Thought something had escaped from the zoo. Geeze I am so literal, others would say gullible--like DJ really has a heated mailbox. :-D

DJ HAS A HEATED MAILBOX???? :shock: Uh. Why?!?

urscrappymama 10-25-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdean32 (Post 15426783)
I'm with you Su. I don't like the realistic or too suspenseful stuff either. I think that's why I like the Joanne Fluke books. They are very light mystery and easy reads. I am going back and forth between them and Debbie Macomber books. I love them both!

It's been a while since I read a Debbie Macomber! I remember when she used to write for Harlequin! (yeah...It was at least 15+ years ago too!) I remember that for awhile one of my favorite books was by her...she got unseated by Barbara Delinsky though...who was felled by Jude Devereaux.... Yeah well you get the picture! Right now I've got one by Stuart Woods sitting on my nightstand. Haven't started it tho yet!

LauraJean 10-25-2009 06:39 PM

Hey Ho's going to CHA - ddaniels is going to CHA too, not sure of the dates yet for her.

urscrappymama 10-25-2009 06:43 PM

Audrey~ Hope your son is recovered fully soon. Some people are bouncing back fairly quickly from H1N1, while others are truly suffering. I was surprised that I was (almost) fully functional after feeling 'a little yucky' for a few days. I had a low grade fever for two days, a sore throat and body aches for a week but NO COUGH. My husband was coughing so hard he needed steroids to breathe after some of his coughing fits - and then it became pneumonia! Annabella had a fever for three days (a high one for two of them that wouldn't break), coughing, headache, and extreme lethargy. She couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom the second day - we had to put her in Pull-ups that day it was so bad. And then we one by one bounced back. It's really odd to see that in one house huh? Even weirder? With all of us sick -my mother never caught it!

urscrappymama 10-25-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 15427504)
Hey Ho's going to CHA - ddaniels is going to CHA too, not sure of the dates yet for her.

I'm still trying! Any Ho's have room for one more in their room? I promise, I won't even hog the covers! ;):-D

urscrappymama 10-25-2009 06:44 PM

We just got home from our playgroup Halloween party a little while ago! We had SO much fun! :) Annabella is all hopped up on sugar now, and I'm pooped!

I stayed up until 2 am this morning making 20 little favors (for the aforementioned party)and doing other odds and ends for the party. I still have to finish the 24 favors for her preschool party, and get my house spotless for our first playdate HERE on Tuesday.

We are hosting 7 moms and their kids for a dinnertime playdate, so I will REALLY have my hands full. I still haven't decided what to cook either! :shock: I will likely grocery shop while Annabella is at school Tuesday morning for whatever I'm going to make. I'll take any and all suggestions! ('cept ordering Pizza!) I'm making halloween brownies for desert though. hmm...

Okay I gotta finish checking in and then get my butt to bed! Tommorrow is going to be another long day! TTYL!

BTW: I DID wear my cheerleader costume! DH says it still fits pretty good! And I wore bike shorts underneath it so I wasn't self-conscious! :p He went as ...a chef. SO original huh?! :roll:

LauraJean 10-25-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 15427544)
I'm still trying! Any Ho's have room for one more in their room? I promise, I won't even hog the covers! ;):-D

I think we still have room Scrappy! :)

daiseyfreak 10-25-2009 06:59 PM

wowzers scrappy, will you be my mom tooooo???? lol

daiseyfreak 10-25-2009 07:00 PM

Ok, my friend told me that PEOPLE magazine had a Twilight edition out....will you guys pick me up a copy PLEASE????????????? if you see it, I would love you for longer than forever!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:22 PM.