Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Need 36 Stampers...

all "makes and models"! I am trying to get a group in the Kansas City area together to go to the
Unconventional Rubber Stamping Convention in DesMoines, Iowa on September 10. It would be a one-day trip, leaving at about 6 am and getting home about 10 pm.

I have attended this event every year since it started (but not always in the same state!), and it is always incredible! This year the vendors include :

Rubber Romance - Featuring Suze Weinburg, Pollyís Palís, Stamp Zia, Paula Best, Copper Leaf Creations, Katiebug, Alextamping, A Country Welcome/VSArtwear/OH Domino, The Rubbernecker Stamp Co., Stamps by Judith, Jackie Bolhuis-Indp. Stampiní Up, The Angel Co.-Cheryl Hurttgam, AJís Country Stampnsí, Bugawumps, CowTown Stamps, Creative Memories - Judi Gill, Creative Mode, Custom Wood by Dallas, Cherry Pie Stamps, Dreamers Designs, The Finishing Touch, Gray Wolf Graphics, Gary Burlin & Co., Ichiyo Art Center, Special Moments, Lindyís Stamp Gang-Moon Glow, Marcoís Paper, Morning Star, Stamp On It, Stamp ĎN Around, The Stamp Shoppe, Stamping Sensations, Stamps by Nancy & Vicki, Tessler Stamps/Stencils Co., Stamp Camp, Pop-Ups by Plane Class, Rubber Stamp Tapestry, Class Act, Fridge Frame, Collectors Cabinets, cheapcardstock.com, Sandi Miller Art Stamps, Rubber Dub Dub, Wisconsin Stamp Supplies, The Stencil Collection, Tamp-a-Stamp, KT Designs, Darcieís Country Folk, Better Setter Sales, MJM Designs, Custerís Last Stamp, Inc., Close To My Heart- K. West, The Stamping Bug, Stamp Francisco, Carvedstamps.com, Earthenwood Studio, and more!

Now, I am a diehard SU! lover, but I also love new techniques and finding embellishments that aren't always available through SU! It is a bit of sensory overload (I am assuming the SU! convention is like this!) but it is a real blast! Suze Weinberg's classes are so much fun, and I have really enjoyed Alexstamps scenic stamping (although I have never bought any of the stamps)

Have I ever mentioned that I talk a lot??? Yes, I think I have!

The details will have to be worked out, but I have contacted Overland Limousine and found out that we can have an executive mini coach for $28 per person if 36 people sign up. The last group trip I took was with the Stamp Patch in Lee's Summit and it was around that amount...I don't think that is bad to have someone else drive for you! I would base the starting point on a central location for all those who sign up. We would have a continental breakfast en route, lunch on our own, and then stop at a restaurant for dinner on the way home.

I am going to try and get some local vendors to sponsor a few drawings on the way...when Stamp Patch did that it was so fun!

PM me if you are interested. I will try to keep this bumped towards the top with updates as to who is interested in going. If we can't get 36, they have smaller buses...if there are more interested, we can get a bus with up to 57 seats! And, wouldn't this be cool...perhaps other SCSers would be attending so we could get together at the convention?????
Old 07-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

That sounds like a bunch of fun, wish I could join ya! But I will be recovering from surgery and trying to attend classes! HA. Have a blast for me!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

Aw....I was hoping you could go! We could have set you up with a massage table...oh, that would have been 20,000 stampers wanting to go. Probably couldn't get that many buses!

Thanks for thinking of us anyway! Maybe another time?!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac

Wow! I really thought someone might be interested. I have 8 stampers who are not SCS'ers committed to going...maybe it will just be a really small group!

Anyway, I am bumping this up!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac

bump
Old 07-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool

Wish I still liived in SW MO, I'd go. My mom and bros live in Des Moines area!

L
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

Hey, I wish you did, too! I'd love to meet you!
Old 07-29-2005, 04:19 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

I wish I could join you - if that weekend wasn't already booked for me I would! If you do anything else in the KC area, please keep me in mind! I'd love to do some things like this!

Dawn
Old 07-29-2005, 07:27 AM   #9
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMEmomto3
I wish I could join you - if that weekend wasn't already booked for me I would! If you do anything else in the KC area, please keep me in mind! I'd love to do some things like this!

Dawn

Well, Dawn, the trip is not looking too good...just 8 of us so far and we could just take a couple of cars for that and take turns driving.

I am thinking of arranging a get-together (say a holiday shoebox swap) at the Community Center here in Belton. It is a very nice center and only costs $75 and if it is clean when the day is over, you get the money back. I would probably advertise it at the hospital and the local churches. I think it could also be combined with a small craft fair...stamped products only. Like I said, I am THINKING about it. No date or time set. I will let you know.

Now, if you just want to stamp...come on over! I love to have people over to stamp! PM me and maybe we can work something out on a time, now that my nieces are back in GA.

Thanks for responding!
Tammy
Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #10
Matboard Maniac

This may be a "bumpy" ride! Still looking for convention-goers!