Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #3361
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Pete, what time is the class. I know I can look it up but thought you might know off hand! thanks and looking forward to it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #3362
Matboard Maniac

Jane, the class is from 10 am-12 Noon.

Pete
Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #3363
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, and happy Thursday! It's so nasty out and has really gotten chilly! Overnight, all of the pretty red leaves on the trees in the school's front yard have fallen leaving bare trees...guess the starkness of winter is here...

Hope you all have a great time at the class on Saturday! I'll be wishing I was there! Can't wait to see what you all make!!

Catrina, I just wish there was some way you could come to one of our get-togethers some day...

I guess Gloria is Zentangling her walls by now! She's so good at it! I still need practice!!

Ya'll take care and happy stamping!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #3364
Pearl-ExPert

G'afternoon ladies, got a little chillier today. Still comfortable to me. Light jacket weather.
I finished project two on my priority list of projects. Now to hang the two collages mixed in w/a couple word signs. Then onto project 3 - notecards for a Christmas gift. Maybe 20 cards altogether? I figured 4 cards of 5 designs. Then onto finishing the Christmas cards.
Hope evryone is having a good day. Off to take out the trash and put in some laundry.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #3365
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
You know me I hate cooking.... I would rather clean than cook...not that I like that. lol
I have a hard time believing that you hate cooking, you make such wonderful things!

My avatar is Jake our Golden Retriever puppy!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #3366
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Seen Michelle D post about moving... Made me very sad.
Oh my goodness, they haven't been here that long! She will definitely be missed!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #3367
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
g'day everyone. Not much going on here. Just got up from my nap. zzzzzz. Had another dr appt this morning and got a round of different antibiotics. Hope I feel better soon. How am I going to be able to gobble up that turkey and stuffing.
Amanda, I keep forgetting to ask, is Evan back to normal now. Is he still having to do inhaler? Hope not.
Jane, only two more days to go! Any brownies on tap for brownie thursday?
Talk to you all later. Off to see if there are any checks in my mail. Sure there are.
Rose, I hope the new meds help, you've been battling this for a while now!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #3368
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Good Morning Stampers! I will bring something healthy.....not sure what yet, maybe chocolate! LMAO! I am going to ask Amanda to remind me to look for theat Helmuth stuff at Queen's Ink Saturday so we can try the tissue paper ornaments. They looked so beautiful. Just a different take on what we already did. Looking forward to it. It is Brownie Thursday minus the brownies but that's okay, it's close to the end of the wekk and I can do it! I went home yesterday and did NADA!!! Nothing!!! Rested! And I even made Larry bring home dinner. Heaven! What a nice day. That is exactly why I can do today. I needed the rest and I think it is still the lingering time change affecting me. Looking forward to Saturday and then to ornament class trials. Should be some fun time. Love the little impromtu gatherings. They are always the most fun! Have a great brownie Thursday and if you are like me and don't have a brownie, have a tootsie roll! I had two already. Bad girl? Yep! I got the cutest birthday card yesterday in the mail. Why can't I embellish as nicely as that? Colr as Nicely as that? Make cards as nicely as that? Dang!
Jane, I'm glad you got some much needed rest and are feeling better today! We definitely need those "do nothing" days sometimes! And don't even go there about not being able to make nice cards, we've seen your work!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #3369
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Thursday everyone, only one more day to get through till the weekend! I am in Golden Retriever Heaven, I not only picked up the foster dog to keep for a week while the foster family is on vacation but I brought their own Golden home with me too! I just hated the thought of her going to a kennel while the foster dog came to a nice, warm, comfy home so I offered to take both of them. I thought it would make the foster dog more comfortable to have her friend with her. They are both sweethearts and they and our guys are getting along great, they are even doing well with the cats! Sabrae, the foster girl, reminds us so much of our Rusty, she's dark red like he was and a velcro dog too! She is sticking to me like glue! I am loving it! Wonder how hard it will be to convince DH to let me adopt her? I know you all are thinking you're going to see me on Animal Hoarders someday!

Rose, if you need a Golden fix just stop by my house!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday and for those of you going to the embossing class this weekend, have a great time! Can't wait to see what you all make!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #3370
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
Amanda, Jane and Gloria, just a reminder that you need to bring your "basic kit" to the class on Saturday.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you all and for having some fun time and good eats.

Pete
Glad to know this. I was just going to look to see what I need to bring. Have you ever been to a Judikins class before. I love their stamps.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #3371
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning! Hope everyone has a VERY HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm waiting for our tub repair guy too get here. So I guess I have some extra stamp time today! Whoohoo!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #3372
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good FRIDAY morning Stampers! Are you ready for some stamping? Oh yeah. Tomorrow, we will have some fun, learn something new and share friendships! Our little get togethers and our big get togethers are always such fun! Yesterday, I finally found some energy and finished the tree. Now to clean and decorate the rest of the mess! I have a couple of stamping things I need to get done and I will breath easier. I do love me some Friday because it means I have Saturday/Sunday fundays to look forward to. Hope everyone has some fun plans for the week-end. Kathi, behave......no new pets. Repeat after me: No New Pets. How old is the rescue dog? Hmmmm, maybe I could get Larry to consider............
Amanda, love that picture of you and family. Have a fun day and stamp your hearts out when you can!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 AM   #3373
Pearl-ExPert

OMG Kathi - i cant imagine having that many goldens in my house. I am soooo jealous. That foster dog sounds wonderful. I hope DH says yes. Its amazing how the dogs all get along. If I was in better health, I would think of getting another dog. Loved having 2 dogs except for when they were young and what one didnt think of the other one did. Not in a good way either! LOL.
Hope you guys have a good class Sat.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #3374
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good FRIDAY morning Stampers! Are you ready for some stamping? Oh yeah. Tomorrow, we will have some fun, learn something new and share friendships! Our little get togethers and our big get togethers are always such fun! Yesterday, I finally found some energy and finished the tree. Now to clean and decorate the rest of the mess! I have a couple of stamping things I need to get done and I will breath easier. I do love me some Friday because it means I have Saturday/Sunday fundays to look forward to. Hope everyone has some fun plans for the week-end. Kathi, behave......no new pets. Repeat after me: No New Pets. How old is the rescue dog? Hmmmm, maybe I could get Larry to consider............
Amanda, love that picture of you and family. Have a fun day and stamp your hearts out when you can!
I have that picture still on my fridge from Christmas last year!! Since I don't have grandkids of my own I "pretend" they're mine!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #3375
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Glad to know this. I was just going to look to see what I need to bring. Have you ever been to a Judikins class before. I love their stamps.
Gloria, I have never been to a Judikins class before and I don't remember either seeing or having any of their stamps. I guess I'm about to find out! I do love to emboss though so I'm looking forward to getting some expert advice. Patti already has a bunch of things on hold for me that were backordered so I'm sure that I will help the economy tomorrow. But, of course, it's my civic duty to do so, lol!

Pete
Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #3376
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
OMG Kathi - i cant imagine having that many goldens in my house. I am soooo jealous. That foster dog sounds wonderful. I hope DH says yes. Its amazing how the dogs all get along. If I was in better health, I would think of getting another dog. Loved having 2 dogs except for when they were young and what one didnt think of the other one did. Not in a good way either! LOL.
Hope you guys have a good class Sat.
All Sabrae had to do was bat those pretty brown eyes at Dean and he was putty in her paws! I've already contacted the powers that be at GRREAT and we are approved to adopt her! We had an approved application on file which just needed to be updated so they gave us the go-ahead. We sign the contract when the foster family gets back next weekend. She is an awesome 8 yr. old senior so she fits right in with our gang. Sammy and Dusty are already in love with her. That's the nice thing about adopting an older dog, all the puppy stuff is long over with!

Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #3377
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Good FRIDAY morning Stampers! Are you ready for some stamping? Oh yeah. Tomorrow, we will have some fun, learn something new and share friendships! Our little get togethers and our big get togethers are always such fun! Yesterday, I finally found some energy and finished the tree. Now to clean and decorate the rest of the mess! I have a couple of stamping things I need to get done and I will breath easier. I do love me some Friday because it means I have Saturday/Sunday fundays to look forward to. Hope everyone has some fun plans for the week-end. Kathi, behave......no new pets. Repeat after me: No New Pets. How old is the rescue dog? Hmmmm, maybe I could get Larry to consider............Amanda, love that picture of you and family. Have a fun day and stamp your hearts out when you can!
Uh oh, I think it's a little too late Jane, but there are lots of rescued Goldens out here just waiting for a loving home! You should show Larry the website with the pictures!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #3378
Pearl-ExPert

Now I really am jealous Kathi. I'll watch for you on Animal Hoarders. LOL. I love those older dogs.
Radio station WASH (DC) is already playing Christmas Carols 24 hours a day. I get anxious when they first start because I think Christmas is just around the corner. Well, I know it is, but not as close as hearing Christmas music makes me feel. Then jane talking about decorating, makes me feel like Im behind already! LOL.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #3379
Stazon Splitcoast

Will someone PLEASE make the clock move faster! I just want it to be 4pm so I can leave work!!!!

Hope you girls have fun at the Queen's Ink tomorrow. I'll have to check out Judikins stamps...I don't have any...
Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #3380
Mad Swapper

Just got back from Patient First with my mom. She fell last night as she was leaving my brother's. They were on their way to meet us in Cambridge so she could spend Thanksgiving with us. She missed the last step on the deck and fell face first on the ground. The right side of her face and all around her eye are black & blue. She seemed OK this morning but at her age (90) I thought she'd better have it checked out. Thank goodness everything is OK, she just looks awful! She was lucky she didn't break something. Hope her visit gets better from now on!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #3381
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Just got back from Patient First with my mom. She fell last night as she was leaving my brother's. They were on their way to meet us in Cambridge so she could spend Thanksgiving with us. She missed the last step on the deck and fell face first on the ground. The right side of her face and all around her eye are black & blue. She seemed OK this morning but at her age (90) I thought she'd better have it checked out. Thank goodness everything is OK, she just looks awful! She was lucky she didn't break something. Hope her visit gets better from now on!
Oh, no! Poor mom! So glad she is ok!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #3382
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Will someone PLEASE make the clock move faster! I just want it to be 4pm so I can leave work!!!!

Hope you girls have fun at the Queen's Ink tomorrow. I'll have to check out Judikins stamps...I don't have any...
I am with you, this day is crawling.....and I have till 4:30!

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #3383
Pearl-ExPert

Paula, so glad your Mom didnt have more serious injuries. Hope she enjoys her Thanksgiving w/you guys.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #3384
Pearl-ExPert

OMG Paula, thats terrible. Thank heavens for Patient First. Remember when we didnt have this service. Glad to hear that all is well.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #3385
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, Mary, you can go home and jen, you too! Paula, wow, lucky she is only bruised not that it's minor but at her age, it is amazing! If that were me right now, I would definitely break a hip! Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow.

Cindy, you out there? Stop hiding from me! You know I get nervous when you hide from me~
Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #3386
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Oh, no! Glad she's okay!! My dad (82) fell the other day, too. He lost his balance on the wheelchair ramp on the sidewalk at the strip mall where my mom was getting her hair done...think he has a broken rib...but with their age- guess we're lucky they weren't hurt worse!!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #3387
Stazon Splitcoast

FINALLY off for the weekend! A bunch of us from school went to Happy Hour at Two Rivers...delicious appetizers!! (Half off appetizers and $1.00 off drinks!)

I have a dentist appt. on Monday for another crown and I'll work Tuesday but that'll be it for the week! WOO HOO!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #3388
Crimping Master

Bad day...hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:15 AM   #3389
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
Bad day...hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Oh no! I hope today is better for you. If your free and wanna have lunch with the girls come on over to QI.

HUGS
Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #3390
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
We are! I don't have very many coming so far..... I need to check with Cindy and see if she can make it. I know she said before that Friday was good but will check.

Amanda - Turkey Pot Pie
Angie - Cheese and Crackers
Mary - Dessert
Jane - TBA

Anyone else wanna join?
Adding Cindy and maybe Fran! Whoohoo!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #3391
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I have that picture still on my fridge from Christmas last year!! Since I don't have grandkids of my own I "pretend" they're mine!
Ahhh! Anytime you need a Grandkid fix they are all yours.

Nate broke my heart last week.... He came home upset when I asked what happened he said that David gets to see his Grandma every weekend. Then he started crying...almost killed me. I won't tell my Mom. It would kill her.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #3392
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
FINALLY off for the weekend! A bunch of us from school went to Happy Hour at Two Rivers...delicious appetizers!! (Half off appetizers and $1.00 off drinks!)

I have a dentist appt. on Monday for another crown and I'll work Tuesday but that'll be it for the week! WOO HOO!!!
I can't believe the holiday season is here. Wasn't it August like two weeks ago? I have no Christmas shopping done! I'm normally done before Oct.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #3393
Pearl-ExPert

good morning everyone. hope you guys going to queens ink have a good class and bring back lots of info for the class you will be teaching us.
Amanda, that is such a sad story about Nate. i bet it did break your heart. I would be crying too. Wish my g'kids felt that way. But they do see their other grandmother a lot so I guess they'll never feel that way, especially now that they are almost adults. Are you going to see them at Christmas? Maybe Nate could call them?
Mary, sorry your Dad fell too. A broken rib is so painful. Hope he will heal fast.
Paula, how is your Mother feeling?
Looks like a nice day out even if it is a little nippy. Have a good one.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #3394
Stazon Splitcoast

Brr! It's a bit chilly out this morning!!

I'm leaving in a few minutes to go to a craft fair with my friend, Jenny. Sure hope it's better than it's been in the past!

I'll be thinking of you girls at the QI taking the Judikins class! It'll be SO much fun!

Paula, hope your mom is doing well!!

Cindy, glad you're coming on Friday! I hope your mom can, too!! I'll need to get to work on my project. I already know what I want to do...

Everyone else- enjoy your Saturday!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #3395
Pearl-ExPert

Have to say I was a little disapointed in the Judikins class. Maybe I set my hopes too high.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #3396
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Have to say I was a little disapointed in the Judikins class. Maybe I set my hopes too high.
It was really bad. I didn't learn anything..... I learned more from walking around the store than I did at the class. Does she have a comment area or class feedback comment card?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #3397
Pearl-ExPert

Good evening stampers....I must ditto double Gloria and Amanda. Not only was the class not worth it but when you don't have the right stuff to do the projects, nothing looks quite as good as her demo cards. Disappointed but did manage to have a great visit with stamping friends. That always makes up for the other let-downs. The items I brought home? Not so much! I did have fun shopping though. I mean, like....who doesn't "need" new stuff, right? Deprived children that we are!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #3398
Gabfest Goddess

I still had fun! Think we should have taken over the class tho. lol
Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #3399
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry the class wasn't up to your expectations...were there many people there taking the class?
Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #3400
Matboard Maniac

I too was disappointed in the class. I learned one new thing but overall the four of us could have taught the class and improved upon the instructor. Plus, how can you make a card without embellishments like ribbon or bling. Lunch was fun. And, of course, I bought stuff that I needed to have, including lots of new dies from Memory Box, which will probably show up in future SBS cards.

All four of us are going to make a holiday house that we take back to the Queen's Ink for display in part of a holiday village. I hope I get some kind of inspiration for my house.

The best part of the day was seeing Jane, Gloria and Amanda and having lunch with them!

Pete