Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #2841
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Mom wanted me to say thank you, she got her halloween card from here SS on Saturday, it is very pretty. Love the pumpkin in the wagon stamp.

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #2842
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning all.
Today is Toby's surgery. I dropped him off at 7 and he has already had the surgery and the vet called. He did have a torn ligament (as well as arthritis) and it is fixed now. Same surgery football players have - ACL tear - so now Im saying he has an old football injury. Makes him sound more macho. So, walking restrictions for 2 wks, but at least I dont have to carry him around (cant happen), some knee manipulation/rehab by me and TLC.
Tomorrow my friends are coming for lunch so now I am off to the grocery store. Going to make baked ziti and garlic bread.
Take care and have a great day.

Glad Toby's surgery went well Rose. That's good news! Lunch tomorrow sounds yummy - ya got room for one more??? LOL

Old 10-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #2843
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, thanks for the reminder to the SS. Don't forget your halloween cards and more info will be out shortly regrading directions/times etc. Rose, glad Toby is okay and don't let the lunch guests spoil him tomorrow....remember, he is to diet and lose weight so that leg heals. Cindy, you can come have soup with me! All my Bday cards are late. I got the family done but not the friends................ : ( Where is my head? No, it is not there and that is so not nice. I know what you were going to say!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #2844
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Good for the Cougars, but bad for us. But I'll get to see ya that Sunday, so if ya want me to bring you any baked goods, just let me know. And I keep forgetting to ask - do you want the money for the SAS ahead of time??
Hey Cindy...hope you had a fun birthday. Just got back from celebrating with my mom for her 90th. The party went well & she was so thrilled to be with all of her family. I think everyone had a fun time.

Amanda said anyone coming to my SAS can pay "at the door!" Is your mom coming with you? We're trying to get a final count.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 6th.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #2845
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
I wanna go! Sounds fun!
Pete, I'm going to check the date & if I'm not busy I might sign up. I'll let you know.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #2846
Mad Swapper

Rose, I'm so glad Toby came through his surgery OK. I know that's a relief for you. We worry about them like we do our real kids.

I was afraid I was going to end up at the vet with Sadie today. Just like a kid, while I was on the phone last night, she got a kitchen towel out of the clothes basket & chewed it up & ate it! Of course at 5 am I was cleaning up towel vomit! I think she threw up most of it. She seems fine this morning, but I'll keep an eye on her today every time she goes out! Sorry, this is probably more information than most of you wanted to know! Anyway, Sadie & I are sending Toby doggie kisses to get better soon!

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #2847
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Hey Cindy...hope you had a fun birthday. Just got back from celebrating with my mom for her 90th. The party went well & she was so thrilled to be with all of her family. I think everyone had a fun time.

Amanda said anyone coming to my SAS can pay "at the door!" Is your mom coming with you? We're trying to get a final count.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 6th.
Glad your mom enjoyed her party and time with her family.

Just called my mom and she said she won't be coming.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #2848
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Rose, I'm so glad Toby came through his surgery OK. I know that's a relief for you. We worry about them like we do our real kids.

I was afraid I was going to end up at the vet with Sadie today. Just like a kid, while I was on the phone last night, she got a kitchen towel out of the clothes basket & chewed it up & ate it! Of course at 5 am I was cleaning up towel vomit! I think she threw up most of it. She seems fine this morning, but I'll keep an eye on her today every time she goes out! Sorry, this is probably more information than most of you wanted to know! Anyway, Sadie & I are sending Toby doggie kisses to get better soon!
Hope Sadie is okay.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #2849
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HYSTERICAL!!!

The Broken Zipper

This is, without a doubt, one of the funniest videos.

It is a minister telling a story to his congregation and it is simply hilarious.

If he ever decides to change his profession he'd make a great comedian!

Click below, turn up your speaker and be prepared to have a good laugh!

billybobjr705's Channel - YouTube <<< Click here
Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #2850
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

OMGoodness! Hope she got it all out. That is scary stuff! Speaking from experience (with Marley) if she didn't get it out...the vomiting will continue and she won't eat food.

Fingers crossed for both of you, and yes they are family.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #2851
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Good for the Cougars, but bad for us. But I'll get to see ya that Sunday, so if ya want me to bring you any baked goods, just let me know. And I keep forgetting to ask - do you want the money for the SAS ahead of time??
Hmmmm maybe! Let me think on it. lol

Yep like Paula said just pay the day of the SAS.

How was your Birthday? Do anything special?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #2852
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
HYSTERICAL!!!

The Broken Zipper

It is a minister telling a story to his congregation and it is simply hilarious.

Oh, my! I was watching and got 1/2 way through and started laughing. That's when DH came in, which only made me laugh more...

Thanks for the giggle!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #2853
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Good morning all.
Today is Toby's surgery. I dropped him off at 7 and he has already had the surgery and the vet called. He did have a torn ligament (as well as arthritis) and it is fixed now. Same surgery football players have - ACL tear - so now Im saying he has an old football injury. Makes him sound more macho. So, walking restrictions for 2 wks, but at least I dont have to carry him around (cant happen), some knee manipulation/rehab by me and TLC.
Tomorrow my friends are coming for lunch so now I am off to the grocery store. Going to make baked ziti and garlic bread.
Take care and have a great day.
Glad Toby's surgery is over and went well!

Lunch sounds yummy!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #2854
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW;1885223[COLOR="Red"
[/COLOR]2]Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Well my baby Cougars are headed to the playoffs. Guess when the 1st playoff game is?! Yep November 5th. So I will miss the Amish Trip. I kinda had the feeling it would fall on that Saturday.
WooHoo! Congrats!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #2855
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Oh, no! Sure hope Sadie is ok! So sorry you both went through this!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #2856
Matboard Maniac

Rose, I hope that Toby is recovering well from his surgery. I know you will give him lots of love and kisses so that will help in the healing process.

To those of you who may want to sign up for the embossing class at The Queen's Ink, she's also giving a free demo on mica glass from 1:30-2:30 pm. And, of course, Rams Head Tavern is at Historic Savage Mill and a great place to eat lunch!

I just said farewell to Linda/Tilly earlier this afternoon. The moving trucks are all finished and the house is empty. They are spending the night in sleeping bags and going to settlement tomorrow. Then she and her husband will be driving two cars with a cat in each on a five-day drive cross country to San Diego. They did buy a house there already and will be settling on it in early November. Guess I'll be visiting San Diego next year!

Pete
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #2857
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all. I am back from the vet with Toby. he has a big white patch but no cone. We had some problems getting out of the car even tho I had the ramp. I hope he didnt hurt his leg. The walked him out to me in the waiting room! He's doing great (well, before the car episode). I have throw rugs all over but right now he is laying down and whining. I want him in his b ed but cant get my hands under the surgery side to lift him to walk him to the bed. He doesnt want tgreats or water so far. lease pray he didnt hurt his knee getting out of the car. Guess we'll know by tomorrow.
Paula, so glad Sadie is ok so far. Scarey. She is still a pup tho right?
Yeah, anyone can come to lunch. Im sure there will be plenty! The more the merrier.
My camera battery is out so no pictures of the Tobester!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #2858
Pearl-ExPert

Pete, What day is the embossing class and is that with Judikins?
Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #2859
Mad Swapper

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Sadie. She seems to be OK. She's eaten, barked at the lawn mower, chased the squirrels & played tug today!

Rose, she's almost 2 yrs old & hasn't chewed up anything for a long time. She usually just chews her bones or chew toys. Hope Toby is OK.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #2860
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning! Hope everyone has a happy Two-Down Tuesday! I'm going to make a M's run today and get a couple items I need for the SAS. My lovely puppy chewed my paint brush I use to clean my powder pal so....off to M's I go. Paula sent me the list of who's coming yesterday. Looks like I'm going to be stamping with some fun Ladies.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #2861
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good Morning Stampers! I sure hope all the pups are okay today. Gee, I hope the kids and adults are too, for that matter! Amanda, what is a powder pal? I think you all must be starving your pups if they have to eat all these foreign objects. And yes, two-down Tuesday......I can do it, I just know it. Woke up this morning feeling "off". Not sick, not bad, just "off". Have you ever done that? Sort of like walking beside myself or not quite on target. Oh well, I can do this! Have a fun day and Amanda, enjoy M's. So looking forward to the SAS.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #2862
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Good Morning Stampers! I sure hope all the pups are okay today. Gee, I hope the kids and adults are too, for that matter! Amanda, what is a powder pal? I think you all must be starving your pups if they have to eat all these foreign objects. And yes, two-down Tuesday......I can do it, I just know it. Woke up this morning feeling "off". Not sick, not bad, just "off". Have you ever done that? Sort of like walking beside myself or not quite on target. Oh well, I can do this! Have a fun day and Amanda, enjoy M's. So looking forward to the SAS.
Powder pal is the plastic tray thing. You dump embossing powder or glitter into...I think you have one.

Belle didn't eat it just chewed the handle a little. I still use it but not going to make others! lol It's the only thing she ever chewed on...well of mine. She really likes dinosaur tails!

Hope you feel better! Vitamin C and lots of it!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #2863
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Pete, What day is the embossing class and is that with Judikins?
Gloria, it's Saturday, November 19 from 10-12. It is with Judi from Judikins. Should be fun. Hope you can attend.

Pete
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #2864
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
Gloria, it's Saturday, November 19 from 10-12. It is with Judi from Judikins. Should be fun. Hope you can attend.

Pete
Whoohoo! Jane just signed the two of us up. I will see you there! How about a lunch date as well?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #2865
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
HYSTERICAL!!!

The Broken Zipper

That was soooo funny! Laugh out loud funny!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #2866
Crimping Master

Quote:
Good morning! Hope everyone has a happy Two-Down Tuesday! I'm going to make a M's run today and get a couple items I need for the SAS. My lovely puppy chewed my paint brush I use to clean my powder pal so....off to M's I go. Paula sent me the list of who's coming yesterday. Looks like I'm going to be stamping with some fun Ladies.
What exactly is the SAS and is it too late to get in on the fun?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #2867
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Whoohoo! Jane just signed the two of us up. I will see you there! How about a lunch date as well?
Yea, we'll have fun! Of course, we will need lunch afterwards.

That weekend will also be Magic at the Mill, where there will be some pre-holiday stuff going on.

Pete
Old 10-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #2868
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sure wish I could go but I already had plans for that day...gotta go to Rams Head for lunch- yumm!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #2869
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Well my baby Cougars are headed to the playoffs. Guess when the 1st playoff game is?! Yep November 5th. So I will miss the Amish Trip. I kinda had the feeling it would fall on that Saturday.
Yay for the Cougars!!!! But sad that you won't be joining us for the Amish Trip. We will miss you!

My avatar is Jake our Golden Retriever puppy!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #2870
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hi all. I am back from the vet with Toby. he has a big white patch but no cone. We had some problems getting out of the car even tho I had the ramp. I hope he didnt hurt his leg. The walked him out to me in the waiting room! He's doing great (well, before the car episode). I have throw rugs all over but right now he is laying down and whining. I want him in his b ed but cant get my hands under the surgery side to lift him to walk him to the bed. He doesnt want tgreats or water so far. lease pray he didnt hurt his knee getting out of the car. Guess we'll know by tomorrow.
Paula, so glad Sadie is ok so far. Scarey. She is still a pup tho right?
Yeah, anyone can come to lunch. Im sure there will be plenty! The more the merrier.
My camera battery is out so no pictures of the Tobester!
Rose, so glad that Toby's surgery went well! How is he doing today? I said prayers yesterday that he didn't hurt his knee getting out of the car.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #2871
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for all the good thoughts for Sadie. She seems to be OK. She's eaten, barked at the lawn mower, chased the squirrels & played tug today!

Rose, she's almost 2 yrs old & hasn't chewed up anything for a long time. She usually just chews her bones or chew toys. Hope Toby is OK.
So glad that Sadie is ok! That had to be somewhat scary! You wonder what would make them eat a dishtowel!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #2872
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Must be something in the air to make all these poochies want to chew up stuff this week! Mine have been pretty good, nothing has been chewed up at my house yet!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #2873
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Sorry you are having an "off" day Hope tomorrow is much better!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #2874
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
What exactly is the SAS and is it too late to get in on the fun?
Angie, it's a Stamp-A-Stack, where you make several cards of one design, usually it is two of 4 designs but I've been to some that were more than two of each design. Contact Paula to see if she has any spaces left.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #2875
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Sure wish I could go but I already had plans for that day...gotta go to Rams Head for lunch- yumm!
I wish I could go too but I already have something going on that day as well. Hope you all have fun and remember, you have to have a class for those of us that can't make it!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #2876
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
Yea, we'll have fun! Of course, we will need lunch afterwards.

That weekend will also be Magic at the Mill, where there will be some pre-holiday stuff going on.

Pete
I have emailed Patti to see if the class is full. If not I will be going.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #2877
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
So glad that Sadie is ok! That had to be somewhat scary! You wonder what would make them eat a dishtowel!
I have chewed on a few in my day.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #2878
Pearl-ExPert

Mary and I are taking the zentangle class. I am really looking forward to it.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #2879
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Lunch at Ramshead was great even if I left my purse and money at home. lol BTW do I still owe you some money??
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #2880
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
I have emailed Patti to see if the class is full. If not I will be going.
Yea, I hope you can join us. Let me know.

Pete