Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default InkerUpTilDawn’s Demo ONLY Shoebox Swap

Hello SU! Demonstrator Friends,

I am excited to invite you and all other SU! Demonstrators you know for The 1st Annual “InkerUpTilDawn’s Demo ONLY Shoebox Swap”. It’s going to be an amazing day of stamping and friendship!! I hope that you will be able to join us!!

Please feel free to forward this email to all SU! Demonstrators that you think would be interested in joining us!!

Shoebox Swap Details

Current Event Status: November 6th, 2006. Event is now accepting registration

Event Date: Saturday, March 3rd Reserve this date on your calendar NOW!!

Time: Registration begins at 8:30 am. Everyone will have until 9:00 to have their Shoebox Swap Spot set-up

Event Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Place: Bloomfield Middle School – 60 Huck Road, Bloomfield NJ

Fee to attend: Early Bird registration is $25, until January 3rd. You will get 3 door prize tickets for registering early!!
From the January 4th-Feb 14th, registration is $30. You will get 1 door prize ticket for registering.

Your payment confirms your registration!

You will also be required to drop off one of your completed swaps for me, since obviously I will not be able to participate in everyone’s swap group.

EXTRAS
We will have a display area set-up so please feel free to bring your favorite stamped projects to show off!!

Call For Presenters: I would love to have a few live demonstrations to start off the day, so if you are interested in presenting, please contact me.

Shoebox Swap: If you aren’t familiar with the term, it is a swap where you bring all the materials to make your project in a shoebox or some other container. Then we all stamp each other’s projects! This is SO FUN! I will send more info as we get closer, but we will be breaking into groups of 25, so you won’t have to prepare a project for everyone.

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE USE ONLY SU! CURRENT PRODUCTS FOR YOUR SWAP – NO EXECEPTIONS. Remember when registering you will need to hand over one of your completed swaps as part of your entrance fee, so I will know if you used contraband. Please follow the rules to ensure everyone has a great day!!
Frequently Asked Questions:

When does registration start? When does it end? How can I pay?

Registration starts immediately and space is limited. Early Bird registration is $25, and goes until January 3rd. From the January 4th-Feb 14th, registration is $30. Sorry, but registrations will not be accepted at the door. Please do not wait until the last minute to be disappointed that the event is FULL. You must email me that you would like to join us so i can add you to the registration list. You may pay by personal check or cash (hand delivered). Please be advised that I will cash your check upon receipt. Once your check has been cashed you are registered!!

Please make checks payable to:

Dawn Rapsas
174 Orton Road
West Caldwell, NJ 07006

Can I invite a friend?

Sure! As long as they are an active SU! demonstrator, everyone is invited. They must register and pay, of course.

How will the day be broken down?

From 9-10:00, we will split into small groups and rotate amongst stations where we will learn fantastic stamping techniques, plus learn a bit about how each of these demonstrators operate their business and incorporate their ideas.

Showbox Swaps begin at 10:15 a.m. and will run until 5:00 (breaking for lunch)

Lunch is from 11:45-1:00 PM.

The make and takes begin at 1:00 PM and run till 5:00 PM.

What is the lunch going to be like?

The lunch will be Yummy and will be catered by a local deli. You will have your choice of a few different sandwiches and a chilled bottled water. You will receive an email with all the choices closer to the event. During the event, there will be snacks both Junk and Healthy. Bring a snack to share for an extra door prize ticket.

Cold soda (regular & diet) will be sold throughout the day by the school’s “Builders Club” at $1.00 per can. Please support the kids, they are a community service group who do wonderful work for others.

Please, no food at the stamping tables, and drinks must have a cap. A spill could be disasterous!

What if I bring my own lunch?

You are welcome to do that, but the price of lunch, snacks, and bottled water is built into the price of the event. I am sorry, I can’t give you a reduced price.

Should I bring my camera?

I would encourage you to do so. We will have tons of ideas here! I might also recommend a note pad as well. There will be display tables all around the walls and you will want to have a camera for those as well.

I am coming in from out of town. Can you help me find a hotel room?

Sure! Just let me know, if we have enough interest, we could reserve a block at a local hotel and save us all some $$$!!

What if I sign up and something happens and I can’t attend?

I have also been asked, “what if I need to cancel”? Here is my cancellation policy: If you contact me before Feb 1st, you get a full refund. After that, I am very sorry. I cannot refund your money. If you can find someone to take your spot, that’s great!! We can do an exchange, just let me know and you can arrange that transfer.

Can I help? Where do I volunteer? What about doorprizes?

Yes, this will be a tremendous undertaking, and I would love help! I will need Greeters and Assistants, so please let me know if you would like to help. I will take care of the doorprizes, however I will certainly not turn donations away. Of course, a hand stamped donations for Door Prizes would be very sweet J I would love it if everyone could leave with something fun. I will have a signup list for volunteers as the date gets closer.

What are the guidelines for the shoebox swap? How many will I have to make?

While I will not be able to give definite numbers figures until February 14th, when registration for the shoebox swap ends, I can tell you that I am planning on breaking us up into groups of 25-30, so plan your project around that amount of people. We will break into “assigned groups”, and go at our own pace and in our own cluster.

*Your projects must be left at the stations until 5 PM or until everyone is finished*

Please plan your project to be something that can be completed in 5-7 minutes, something demonstrable at a workshop. You can do a 6x6, a card (FULL cards, please), or a 3-D item, but standard swap rules apply. Everything must be current SU, if we sell it, don’t use someone else’s.

Please have all cardstock, ribbons, etc…scored/precut, and provide everything needed to stamp and assemble your project (EXCEPT SNAIL, everyone will use their own adhesive.) Some have suggested in the past that it is a good idea to “prestamp” certain portions of your swap (if you are using a background stamp, or if you are using one stamp with multiple colors, this might be easier on your ink pad!) Of course, if your project requires special adhesive, i.e., glue dots, two-way glue, you will need to provide that.

Access to electric sockets will be limited, so if you are using a heat gun in your project, please bring an extension cord for it. J

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! If you want your stuff back, don’t forget to LABEL everything!

Create something that you would love to get back in return. Please use at least 2 layers, and add an embellishment of some sort (buttons, wire, glitter, crystal effects, etc…) Make sure all paper is cut properly, and check and double check to make sure you don’t forget anything that people will need to complete your project.

Make remember to make three samples of your project, one for me, one to stay with the swap, and one for the “Ooh, Ahh” table. Please make sure to put a recipe and your name and demo # on the back of these cards. I will send the “Ooh-Aahs” to SU!! for everyone. If your project has an elaborate fold or a “twist” to it, please don’t forget to type up some instructions so it can be completed easily. If your project requires a template, please provide one copy for all that will be making your swap.

That’s all I have for now…..I just want to take a second to Thank Milette Siler for generously allowing me to case her text from her shoebox write up – what a time saver!!

Well girls……I am just so very excited about this event and spending the day shoebox swapping with all of you!! I honestly have been thinking about hosting this event for a few years now and I am so happy that I finally got it going!!

All updates will be sent to the SCS Website and the SU! Stampin’ Discuss Site. Please be on the lookout for future updates in those places.

Thanks!!
Dawn Rapsas