In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #7641
Stazon Splitcoast
 
huera90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 11,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post

See how well that whole chain yanking thing works?
Spawned from the womb of HELL, bathed in amniotic evil. . .
__________________
Rae Anne ~ Bugaboo Stamps DT
"The world is a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more." - Carlyle
My Blog: It's clever, but is it Art?
huera90 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #7642
sgc
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Wright, Kentucky
Posts: 7,738
Default

Okay ladies--the "old dog" who thought she had learned some new tricks has a big question for you! Why can't I post comments on other people's blogs? I tried to tell Scrappy how adorable her card was, and when I said I was a goggle account, it would not accept my comment. What am I doing wrong?

Sandye/sgc
__________________
My Blog: http://sandyescreations.blogspot.com/
sgc is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #7643
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
Snort - your buzz only lasts 10 minutes even w/o help
My DH is plying me with liquor...he thinks I believe him when he says he's trying to "get my cough to knock it off".... I think that *might* just me 'manspeak' though...for what? I have no idea!
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #7644
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc View Post
Okay ladies--the "old dog" who thought she had learned some new tricks has a big question for you! Why can't I post comments on other people's blogs? I tried to tell Scrappy how adorable her card was, and when I said I was a goggle account, it would not accept my comment. What am I doing wrong?

Sandye/sgc
aww! Thanks Sandye! If you have a yahoo acct. and you sign into your blog, it automatically signs you into google. Happens to me all the time....
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #7645
Stazon Splitcoast
 
yoorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Would rather be crafting town
Posts: 17,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huera90 View Post
Spawned from the womb of HELL, bathed in amniotic evil. . .
Keep that up and I'll post it here And I'm talking about the one from Santa Cruz - not the one of the feet
yoorah is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #7646
Stazon Splitcoast
 
yoorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Would rather be crafting town
Posts: 17,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urscrappymama View Post
My DH is plying me with liquor...he thinks I believe him when he says he's trying to "get my cough to knock it off".... I think that *might* just me 'manspeak' though...for what? I have no idea!
I think that's manspeak of lets make Bella's x-mas present
yoorah is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #7647
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 16,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
I think that's manspeak of lets make Bella's x-mas present
Oh Our Pimp Mistress, I totally think you're right. Scrappy are you ready for that? If not, remember the dime theory from days of old.
__________________
Donna T
My moto for 2017...Do what you need to do. Count what you want to count. Enjoy the process.
imthenoni is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #7648
Stazon Splitcoast
 
huera90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 11,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
Keep that up and I'll post it here And I'm talking about the one from Santa Cruz - not the one of the feet
__________________
Rae Anne ~ Bugaboo Stamps DT
"The world is a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more." - Carlyle
My Blog: It's clever, but is it Art?
huera90 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #7649
Stazon Splitcoast
 
yoorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Would rather be crafting town
Posts: 17,100
Default

Hee hee
yoorah is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #7650
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
I think that's manspeak of lets make Bella's x-mas present
....Name:  chase.gif
Views: 43
Size:  1.1 KB
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #7651
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Oh Our Pimp Mistress, I totally think you're right. Scrappy are you ready for that? If not, remember the dime theory from days of old.
Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 49
Size:  9.6 KB ...he'll *insist* he needs change!
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #7652
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: with my Hos on Splitcoast!
Posts: 20,473
Default

Heading to bed... I am bleary eyed from working on several of my projects tonight after the long day! I suhwear...! I had BETTER NOT get a 9am wake up call! (It's almost 3:30am here! ) Nighters all!
__________________
Scrappy~EB Ho/Crack Ho **MY BLOG! **Proud DT member of: Bugaboo Stamps, Crafty Hos,AIFactory, Shellys Images, Pile it On, Ooh la la, Aud Sentiments, KWED
urscrappymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #7653
SuG
Forum Fanatic
 
SuG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huera90 View Post
Spawned from the womb of HELL, bathed in amniotic evil. . .
man I miss all the good conversations here.
just going backwards now to figure out where this comment came from LOL!
__________________
Su
my blog
SuG is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 AM   #7654
SuG
Forum Fanatic
 
SuG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huera90 View Post
wow i was way off, I thought he (she) was some pro wrestler LOL!
__________________
Su
my blog
SuG is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #7655
Stazon Splitcoast
 
mamadwawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In my little brown house
Posts: 18,217
Default

Good morning!

I have to ask, what is the 'dime theory'??

I am not going to CHA but am contemplating a haircut, too. Must be that time of year...
__________________
~Gael~
mamadwawa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:00 AM   #7656
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
wow i was way off, I thought he (she) was some pro wrestler LOL!
I'm sure that the answer is back there in the thread somewhere, but my ears totally perked up!
I saw Corrie speak a few years ago, at a local Christian college. There wasn't a dry eye to be seen before it was halfway over.

Another member of the Dutch underground movement, Diet Eman, ended up being a local here. Her book 'Things We Couldn't Say' is THE most moving thing that I have ever read in my life.
Through a weird fluke of a mutual friend and a changing of hands, I ended up with Diet's own first edition copy of her book. I'd love to find her kids and get to them a letter that was stored in the back of the book, written in I am assuming Dutch.

I stand corrected.... it was her daughter, I believe, than spoke technically. Mum's lecture and photos but not *her* I think she'd been dead for a while...
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!

Last edited by chrispy1778; 01-13-2010 at 06:31 AM..
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #7657
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Default

Okay gals, I need to pick some angsty momma brains.

Our school district is HUGE and like many, in financial straits. We've been closing buildings left and right over the past decade, and yet again, one has been slated in my immediate community.
Thankfully not where my kids attend, but some of my neighbors' children do, and it's with the org. boundaries where I work, so while I understand the fiscal logic, I'm kind of honor bound to fight it (plus the dist made some promises regarding a new building... lots of drama and a long story...)

My query is this: have any of you with children or an activism streak encountered something similar? Did you manage to fight the closure with any amount of success?

Kind of looking for angles that won't make me feel like I'm bailing water from a sinking ship with a holy bucket.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #7658
Pearl-ExPert
 
tammy miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 2,470
Default

Good morning all I hope all is well. Roberta, luckily no I have never had to deal with any such issues and I am glad, I feel for you I am sure it is not going to be an easy task.

Just a reminder Bugaboo is doing it's first ever Blog Hop and we so hope you hop with us in support to all the hos in Bug land and there are some nice prizes up for grabs also.

Have a great day everyone at least today we have sun and maybe a little heat weave!!!
tammy miller is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #7659
Stazon Splitcoast
 
mamadwawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In my little brown house
Posts: 18,217
Default

Sorry, Roberta, no help here either. I wish you well in your endeavor!!!
__________________
~Gael~
mamadwawa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #7660
Embossing Fanatic
 
shimentane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: durham, north carolina
Posts: 66
Wink hi there

my name is sharon, i live in durham nc and am interested in coming to the event, can you sign me up??? aka shimentane
shimentane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #7661
Pearl-ExPert
 
artsylori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
wow i was way off, I thought he (she) was some pro wrestler LOL!
LOL! I can see where you would get that, sorry I didn't comment until now, I haven't been "on" since yesterday. Looks like she found a great resource for an answer!
__________________
Visit my BLOG
artsylori is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #7662
Pearl-ExPert
 
artsylori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1778 View Post
I'm sure that the answer is back there in the thread somewhere, but my ears totally perked up!
I saw Corrie speak a few years ago, at a local Christian college. There wasn't a dry eye to be seen before it was halfway over.

Another member of the Dutch underground movement, Diet Eman, ended up being a local here. Her book 'Things We Couldn't Say' is THE most moving thing that I have ever read in my life.
Through a weird fluke of a mutual friend and a changing of hands, I ended up with Diet's own first edition copy of her book. I'd love to find her kids and get to them a letter that was stored in the back of the book, written in I am assuming Dutch.

I stand corrected.... it was her daughter, I believe, than spoke technically. Mum's lecture and photos but not *her* I think she'd been dead for a while...
Yeah, she died in 1983, my cousin was one of her nurses at the hospital when she had a stroke and that is actually when I found out she lived the street next to me because my cousin was able to see her address on her records. She knew I wouldn't go knocking on her door LOL but that I knew her story. That is incredibly cool you have that book!
__________________
Visit my BLOG
artsylori is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #7663
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsylori View Post
Yeah, she died in 1983, my cousin was one of her nurses at the hospital when she had a stroke and that is actually when I found out she lived the street next to me because my cousin was able to see her address on her records. She knew I wouldn't go knocking on her door LOL but that I knew her story. That is incredibly cool you have that book!
How sad.. but what a cool neighbor to have! Her story is beyond amazing, and sadly not as well told or well known as Anne Frank.

I had no idea that Diet was ever a MI resident until I got the book from a friend. Her husband got it somehow and was actively involved in some sort of Dutch heritage association here in the area (my side of the state is heavily Dutch settled... 2/3 of our hospitals, colleges and stuff are Van or De something via endowment). She passed it to me, completely unaware that it was Diet's book.
Unfortunately, unlike the ten Boom family who carry on the legacy and lecture and come out for lots of engagements, I've had no luck finding one of her children or grandchildren.
I'd love to keep the book, but if they wanted it, I'd gladly hand that over as well.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #7664
SuG
Forum Fanatic
 
SuG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1778 View Post
How sad.. but what a cool neighbor to have! Her story is beyond amazing, and sadly not as well told or well known as Anne Frank.

I had no idea that Diet was ever a MI resident until I got the book from a friend. Her husband got it somehow and was actively involved in some sort of Dutch heritage association here in the area (my side of the state is heavily Dutch settled... 2/3 of our hospitals, colleges and stuff are Van or De something via endowment). She passed it to me, completely unaware that it was Diet's book.
Unfortunately, unlike the ten Boom family who carry on the legacy and lecture and come out for lots of engagements, I've had no luck finding one of her children or grandchildren.
I'd love to keep the book, but if they wanted it, I'd gladly hand that over as well.
sounds like an interesting quest though. i am sure with the internet you can somehow trace them, or some family, museum something.

As to the school closures, I don't know how your state school board system is set up. My dh is on our districts school board. In PA the boards are by school district. Our district is 3 elementary,1 middle school and 1 high school, easy to get parental involvement in such an emotional issue as a school. closing. You can pm me with info and questions. As quiet and unopinionated as i appear, i am really quite the little activist in the school system.
__________________
Su
my blog
SuG is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #7665
SuG
Forum Fanatic
 
SuG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,850
Default

not to belittle Anne Frank and her family, there are so many intense and fascinating stories from WWII and beyond. I was amazed when my good friend was cleaning out her grandparents apartment to sell (in Athens) and she found out some really amazing things about her grandfather and his quest to stop the nazis in Athens.
__________________
Su
my blog
SuG is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #7666
Gabfest Goddess
 
chrispy1778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the left hand side of your right hand, palm up.
Posts: 7,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
sounds like an interesting quest though. i am sure with the internet you can somehow trace them, or some family, museum something.

As to the school closures, I don't know how your state school board system is set up. My dh is on our districts school board. In PA the boards are by school district. Our district is 3 elementary,1 middle school and 1 high school, easy to get parental involvement in such an emotional issue as a school. closing. You can pm me with info and questions. As quiet and unopinionated as i appear, i am really quite the little activist in the school system.
Thanks, Su. As a fellow school activist, I thank you. I'll be taking you up on the PM offer!
Our system is run much like yours from the sound of it.
I think that including the closing facilities, we have 36 elementary school buildings, four high 'regular' schools (all of which have centers of innovation / enriched programs housed within), two accelerated middle / high school facilities, two alternative ed high schools, and three middle schools. Thus, the budget issues are nasty... parental involvement is varied by building and area of the city, and our board will use that as ammo when it comes to a school with low parent participation. (many of our buildings have social contracts with volunteerism minimum requirements)

I'm not sure how many buildings are closing with this round, because the dist website has no details... they're doing their best to sweep the mess under the run and get the deal sealed with no public outcry. Snarky is an understatement.
__________________
Roberta ~ AKA Retro Ho~My Blog!~ Justice For The WM3!
chrispy1778 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #7667
Stazon Splitcoast
 
huera90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 11,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1778 View Post
Thanks, Su. As a fellow school activist, I thank you. I'll be taking you up on the PM offer!
Our system is run much like yours from the sound of it.
I think that including the closing facilities, we have 36 elementary school buildings, four high 'regular' schools (all of which have centers of innovation / enriched programs housed within), two accelerated middle / high school facilities, two alternative ed high schools, and three middle schools. Thus, the budget issues are nasty... parental involvement is varied by building and area of the city, and our board will use that as ammo when it comes to a school with low parent participation. (many of our buildings have social contracts with volunteerism minimum requirements)

I'm not sure how many buildings are closing with this round, because the dist website has no details... they're doing their best to sweep the mess under the run and get the deal sealed with no public outcry. Snarky is an understatement.
Go get 'em Retro!!!
__________________
Rae Anne ~ Bugaboo Stamps DT
"The world is a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more." - Carlyle
My Blog: It's clever, but is it Art?
huera90 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #7668
Stazon Splitcoast
 
daiseyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: with Polo!
Posts: 24,463
Default

omg, I should not be reading this thread during an addictions training.....

wanted to spew at least 3 x....I love ya'll!

good luck on the school issue, no advice from me, but I say advocate. other people will join you, I'm sure.
daiseyfreak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #7669
Watercolor Wizard
 
hippieaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio - land of the Hippie HO
Posts: 8,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfadden View Post
There is a new study about women and how they feel about their a**es; the results were pretty interesting: 30% of women think their as* is too fat............ 10% of women think their as* is too skinny...... The remaining 60% say they don't care, they love him, he's a good man and they wouldn't trade him for the world!


Okay how many spewed?
That's HILARIOUS!! I have been so busy, I haven't been on for a few days, so I'm catching up.
__________________
AUDREY - HIPPIE HO
MY BLOG
hippieaud is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #7670
Watercolor Wizard
 
hippieaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio - land of the Hippie HO
Posts: 8,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
Because all good Pimps need a little somethin somethin to yank her Hos chains (evil eyebrow wiggle, and twirling of the way mustache). For some, I have pictures of their feet (insert - evil laughter - no gagging Scrappy!)

But yeah - one of these days i'm going to figure out how best we can play the who's Ta Tas game
Mine would be easy - nobody else has sucken chest do they?!!? It's a wonder ANY boys ever noticed me
__________________
AUDREY - HIPPIE HO
MY BLOG
hippieaud is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #7671
Watercolor Wizard
 
hippieaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio - land of the Hippie HO
Posts: 8,992
Default

Ok, off to do some DT work. Sew Many Cards Challenge blog is up and running. Bugaboo has our first blog hop starting Fri. Lots to do!!

Sandye, thanks for the adorable b-day card!!
__________________
AUDREY - HIPPIE HO
MY BLOG
hippieaud is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #7672
Gallery Gazer
 
delfinaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in my stamp room
Posts: 6,880
Default

Happy bday Hippie HO!
__________________
Michele




"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
delfinaus is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #7673
Forum Fanatic
 
babitoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ...in a stamp filled world
Posts: 9,958
Default

Oh! Its another birthday already?! Woot! Happy Birthday Audrey!

Bugaboo Stamps has a Hop on Friday...
Paper Trey releases Friday...
Paper Pretties releases Friday - 3 year celebration ladies! There is all sorts of promos going on that include:

Purchase the entire release and recieve 15% off TONIGHT ONLY.

First customer to make a purchase will win the stamp set of their choice from the release!

First visitor to log in to the party tonight wins their choice of 1 jar of shimmerz or blingz from our store with their purchase.

Anyone who uploads a prettie card into our gallery will win a roll of american craft ribbon with their purchase.


Plus...Artful INKables DT is hopping on Friday too...but you will have to 'tune in' to see why
__________________
Jackie
Stampin' Up! Demo, Stampin Jackie (Blog)
babitoons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #7674
Gallery Gazer
 
delfinaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in my stamp room
Posts: 6,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babitoons View Post
Oh! Its another birthday already?! Woot! Happy Birthday Audrey!

Bugaboo Stamps has a Hop on Friday...
Paper Trey releases Friday...
Paper Pretties releases Friday - 3 year celebration ladies! There is all sorts of promos going on that include:

Purchase the entire release and recieve 15% off TONIGHT ONLY.

First customer to make a purchase will win the stamp set of their choice from the release!

First visitor to log in to the party tonight wins their choice of 1 jar of shimmerz or blingz from our store with their purchase.

Anyone who uploads a prettie card into our gallery will win a roll of american craft ribbon with their purchase.


Plus...Artful INKables DT is hopping on Friday too...but you will have to 'tune in' to see why
don't forget about Verve also!!!

i was about to ask u or joy about AI , whether or not they were going to have a release this month!
__________________
Michele




"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
delfinaus is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #7675
Gallery Gazer
 
delfinaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in my stamp room
Posts: 6,880
Default

the PTI sets look awesome... I have quite a few on my wishlist... but will only start ordering again next month...

i have been pretty good this month- (only 13day into the new year) and have only spent $10.00 on my addiction...

k i need to run off and make lots of creations today DH... has DD duty tonight.
__________________
Michele




"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
delfinaus is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #7676
Forum Fanatic
 
babitoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ...in a stamp filled world
Posts: 9,958
Default

I forgot to add Verve! I need more time ladies...how am I going to attend two parties at once?! GRRR! I hate when that happens.

Not sure about PaperTrey I may hold off this month and order next month...but I am running low on a few card stock colors and I want to get the last color they added that sort of terracotta shade...

Michele..I didn't mention a release....lol you have to 'tune in' to see what's going on...hehehe....but OMG the next release is going to be fabulous! I know...I am being evil...
__________________
Jackie
Stampin' Up! Demo, Stampin Jackie (Blog)
babitoons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #7677
SuG
Forum Fanatic
 
SuG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 9,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy1778 View Post
Thanks, Su. As a fellow school activist, I thank you. I'll be taking you up on the PM offer!
Our system is run much like yours from the sound of it.
I think that including the closing facilities, we have 36 elementary school buildings, four high 'regular' schools (all of which have centers of innovation / enriched programs housed within), two accelerated middle / high school facilities, two alternative ed high schools, and three middle schools. Thus, the budget issues are nasty... parental involvement is varied by building and area of the city, and our board will use that as ammo when it comes to a school with low parent participation. (many of our buildings have social contracts with volunteerism minimum requirements)

I'm not sure how many buildings are closing with this round, because the dist website has no details... they're doing their best to sweep the mess under the run and get the deal sealed with no public outcry. Snarky is an understatement.
make sure they follow the sunshine laws. They have to announce everything. All meetings with a quorum must be public. The problem there is, there needs to be a public present to hear them.
__________________
Su
my blog
SuG is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #7678
Stazon Splitcoast
 
daiseyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: with Polo!
Posts: 24,463
Default

omg, you will love the release from AI NEXT MONTH! Our hop will be fun this month too though! I absolutely love what I made for it, it encorporates lots of my favorite things- guess what they are, lol. BTW- there is a sneek peek up for today and one for tomorrow... http://artfulinkables.blogspot.com/

Wow, lots of ho hoppin this week, lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY! Lol, sunken chest? How about no gold here chest, lol. That's my, my picture wasn't taken b/c everyone would know it was MINE, lol.

Last edited by daiseyfreak; 01-13-2010 at 03:47 PM..
daiseyfreak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #7679
Stazon Splitcoast
 
daiseyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: with Polo!
Posts: 24,463
Default

Can I just say Gina K ROCKS!!!

Since I won the challenge, i got to pick a set. I really wanted the STAMP TV KIT and the C plate, she let me order those and took off the cost of the set I won....how cool is she?? and I'm totally pumped that I got to order the KIT!
daiseyfreak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #7680
Watercolor Wizard
 
hippieaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio - land of the Hippie HO
Posts: 8,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyfreak View Post
Can I just say Gina K ROCKS!!!

Since I won the challenge, i got to pick a set. I really wanted the STAMP TV KIT and the C plate, she let me order those and took off the cost of the set I won....how cool is she?? and I'm totally pumped that I got to order the KIT!
That's AWESOME Joy!!
__________________
AUDREY - HIPPIE HO
MY BLOG
hippieaud is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off