Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #7201
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
I'm making "samples first". And she will HAVE to tell me a good # that will cover her because I have to order supplies by 1/31 (if I am doing SU! - I'm in pending right now)
I would make sure you would get a deposit... and a contract... something simple.... but definitely a non-refundable deposit bc otherwise u loose out on the $$ u put into getting the supplies

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #7202
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinaus View Post
yes LJ... ask away...

if 200 people are being invited make 120-125 invitations.
OH ask away? How much of that pink 3/8" thin satiny ribbon do you have? and how much is it per yard? LOL!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #7203
Gallery Gazer

i never got to post the invitations i made for my sis... they came out beauitful... i need to find a pic.. when i do i'll post it

Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #7204
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I would make sure you would get a deposit... and a contract... something simple.... but definitely a non-refundable deposit bc otherwise u loose out on the $$ u put into getting the supplies
I'm going to ask her to pay for supplies up front.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #7205
Forum Fanatic

Does anyone have a single SU! angel policy stamp they can sell me cheap? I want to try and start selling some of my cards at school. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #7206
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by urscrappymama View Post
I don't know...better make extra! Brides are notorious for adding extra 'add-on guests' at the last minute. It would be terrible to not have enough...unless you charge a premium price if they need extras after you start working on the order.

Better ask Michele though! She'd know better than I would!
I'm with you, it's not only the bride & groom who think of someone else but the parents as well who remember Aunt ... who lives 20 bazillion miles away and you've never seen before in your life, but who knows.

Scrappy, DD1 & I also don't care for shroons either. I don't mind them in salads if there are lots of crunchies to mask them, kinda like Jason's deli's salad bar. We have no real food allergies.

Michelle - gluten free diet - I've really thought about trying that kind of diet. Please share. I'm really interested in using it to help with some belly issues. Thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #7207
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
i never got to post the invitations i made for my sis... they came out beauitful... i need to find a pic.. when i do i'll post it
Please do! I'd love to see them!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #7208
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
I'm with you, it's not only the bride & groom who think of someone else but the parents as well who remember Aunt ... who lives 20 bazillion miles away and you've never seen before in your life, but who knows.

Scrappy, DD1 & I also don't care for shroons either. I don't mind them in salads if there are lots of crunchies to mask them, kinda like Jason's deli's salad bar. We have no real food allergies.

Michelle - gluten free diet - I've really thought about trying that kind of diet. Please share. I'm really interested in using it to help with some belly issues. Thanks
I honestly just started, per my dr's orders...
it's not that easy but i'm hangin' in... I'll let u know in a month to see if i notice a huge difference

Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #7209
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy miller View Post
Ok ladies I hope you are ready for a huge announcement!!!! Please join me in congratulating the following ho's! Mama, Michele, Audrey, Sandye, Scrappy and Myself because we are all members of a very new Digi Company, Bugaboo Digital stamps.

This is one of those things you stumble into and as luck would have it I stumbled into this new site and fell in love with the stamps. She has some amazing stamps but not much advertising so I asked her if I could help her out, in return she gave me the position of DT Coordinator and the rest is history. I say it again that we are so lucky to have ho footsteps to follow in from all of the well seasoned design team members and we all hope to do you proud. This such a great opportunity for us to get our feet wet as designers and I hope you all will be happy for us and please join us in challenges. Down the road we plan on having guest designers and hope that you all will join us.

Our Challenge blog is http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/ and our first event is scheduled for January 15th with a blog hop. I hope you all will come and congratulate the team and join in our challenges. Right now Jodie is offering 10% off of everything in her store but I warn you her stamps are way cute and you may be in trouble.

Mawah to you all, Tammy

OMG! Ladies I am thrilled to say the least! Now that is one Ho Powered Team! I already went to the site, in fact I downloaded the current freebie...its adorable! Oh I can't wait for the 15th to see your first hop! Go go Girls!

I went to see another doctor today about my migraines, I haven't been able to be on the computer it seems to make it worse, but he gave me another med to try and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. So yay! Off to make a few cards before turning in for the night...so thrilled about the new teams you girls are all on! Power of the HO! LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #7210
Forum Fanatic

I have done gluten free for a few months (end of June till October) and it is not easy. You would be surprised how many food have gluten in them, things you would never expect have wheat! I do eat some gluten now, but not that much. Like Michele made brownies...had to have that! And there was a neopolian....had to eat that....but I don't have pasta (unless its rice pasta) or bread both of which are not easy to resist. For the most part I feel better, it seems to have helped with my digestive issues which is why I am still on it for the most part. Not sure if that helps any, but thought I would offer...I mean all fruits and veggies are fine, its the snacks that can get you in trouble or when you go to visit people...I feel bad begin like sorry I can't eat that, so that is typically where I eat food with gluten in it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #7211
Stazon Splitcoast

Those brownies WERE really good though Scotty still talks about them.....
Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #7212
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdean32 View Post
I am doing good! I'm thinking ya'll are gonna be too busy to swap coming up with all the DT's everyone is landing. LOL!

Are you doing better?
Yep! Staying busy always helps KWIM? My DH was worried today because I was whipping around the house in a tizzy after dealing with a heaping amount of family drama! We are together for 17 years now...this is NOT new behavior for me! It's how I deal with stress!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #7213
Watercolor Wizard

I'm actually allergic to carrots, if you can believe that - b/c even my own dr. couldn't when I was a kid, but sure enough, I eat a carrot, INSTANT hives!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #7214
Watercolor Wizard

I gotta get off and get to bed. With all this excitement of the DT stuff and then the kids being delayed 2 hrs. today, I've spent way too much time on the 'puter and not nearly enough time sleeping!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #7215
Stazon Splitcoast

There's a bakery/cafe in Raleigh that has a gluten free and allergen free kitchen, I think it's called ROSIES PLATE. Seems she was a celiac patient with multiple allegies and got tired of trying to find good food, so she made up her own recipes and opened up shop. I'll see if I can find the place online...

Jackie and Michele, I also have several good recipes for gluten free breads. Also Whole Foods and Trader Joes (and SHOPRITE!) sell Gluten Free Bakery and Bobs Red Mill mixes (http://www.bobsredmill.com/) some of which are Gluten/Nut Free. There's a place in Butler (they also have another bakery location in Rochelle Park I think) that sells Gluten Free stuff: http://www.millersglutenfree.com/ There is one in Jersey City, and another in Hackensack, but I can't think of their names offhand... I used to go there when B'feeding because Annabella was intolerant of so many things when she was an infant.

Adding two more in!
* Paderos Delights 1275 Bloomfield Ave., BLDG 2 Rear 17A, Fairfield, NJ 07004 (It's near Fette Ford in the shopping center with the Indian Food Bazaar) (973)207-5200

* Foods by George 3 King Street, Mahwah, NJ 07430 (201) 612-9700 www.foodsbygeorge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by babitoons View Post
I have done gluten free for a few months (end of June till October) and it is not easy. You would be surprised how many food have gluten in them, things you would never expect have wheat! I do eat some gluten now, but not that much. Like Michele made brownies...had to have that! And there was a neopolian....had to eat that....but I don't have pasta (unless its rice pasta) or bread both of which are not easy to resist. For the most part I feel better, it seems to have helped with my digestive issues which is why I am still on it for the most part. Not sure if that helps any, but thought I would offer...I mean all fruits and veggies are fine, its the snacks that can get you in trouble or when you go to visit people...I feel bad begin like sorry I can't eat that, so that is typically where I eat food with gluten in it.

Last edited by urscrappymama; 01-05-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #7216
Stazon Splitcoast

okay...no carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, nuts, or... I think I'll do a *salad bar*!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #7217
Stazon Splitcoast

Jackie
Thanks for the information. It still would be nice to see what I could cut out or at least cut down on.

I'm excited about all the fun coming up this summer. Depending on exactly where it is we may just drive since DD1 only lives about 1 or so away. I'll probably just plan to spend the night with DD1 & DGD. Can't wait to get more info on it all and who all will be coming. DH may just have to schedule himself to work during that time.

Signing off for the night. Nighty night ladies
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #7218
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Those brownies WERE really good though Scotty still talks about them.....
bakerella.com

it's so easy- buy betty crocker original supreme brownie mix and follow package directions and pour into baking pan

- buy betty crocker choc. chip cookie mix- follow directions and scooop cookie dough into brownie mixture. bake until done.

bakerella has this choc. ganache to pour over the choc chip cookie brownie after they have cooled.

HEAVEN!!!!!! and it's so easy to make....

Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #7219
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by urscrappymama View Post
okay...no carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, nuts, or... I think I'll do a *salad bar*!
make it a potatoe bar ....
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #7220
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jackie, feel better soon, I hate that you are going through this I hope they find the solution soon!!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I think it will be a blast!!! You all will be our guest hos (designers) right????

Quote:
Originally Posted by babitoons View Post
OMG! Ladies I am thrilled to say the least! Now that is one Ho Powered Team! I already went to the site, in fact I downloaded the current freebie...its adorable! Oh I can't wait for the 15th to see your first hop! Go go Girls!

I went to see another doctor today about my migraines, I haven't been able to be on the computer it seems to make it worse, but he gave me another med to try and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. So yay! Off to make a few cards before turning in for the night...so thrilled about the new teams you girls are all on! Power of the HO! LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #7221
Stazon Splitcoast

yumm....a salad and potato bar sounds delish!

My friend is selling pampered chef and I'm going to a party Saturday, ugh. I found one thing to buy- http://www.pamperedchef.biz/juliegiz...85&itemId=2171

gonna put my stamping supplies in it

jackie, feel better hun! hope the meds help
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #7222
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Jackie, feel better soon, I hate that you are going through this I hope they find the solution soon!!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I think it will be a blast!!! You all will be our guest hos (designers) right????

you're so gonna slip one day and write that on the blog
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #7223
Stazon Splitcoast

Night Donna!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #7224
Stazon Splitcoast

For those of you going to CHA Ahaheim, and trying to figure out transportation from SNA or LAX to Sheraton Park Hotel Ahaheim, the shuttle service the hotel recommends is:
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/airportshuttle_LAX.htm

You can book online. They seem to run about every 30 min. - takes about 1.5 hours. The hotel is on the drop down menu for destination from LAX. Its $15 one way from LAX and $10 from SNA.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #7225
Hardware Hotshot

I jsut got home from a SU class- what do yall think of their new stamps???
Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #7226
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyfreak View Post
yumm....a salad and potato bar sounds delish!

My friend is selling pampered chef and I'm going to a party Saturday, ugh. I found one thing to buy- http://www.pamperedchef.biz/juliegiz...85&itemId=2171

gonna put my stamping supplies in it

jackie, feel better hun! hope the meds help
Ohhh - that might be good for copics storage!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #7227
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoorah View Post
Ohhh - that might be good for copics storage!
I thought that too. I was joking with my friend and asked her why she didn't sell stamp stuff- I'd buy a TON- but cooking stuff...pft!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #7228
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, I have made this one before too- goes great with corn, green beans, mashed potatoes:

BBQ chicken legs

6-8 chicken legs
1 bottle BBQ sauce

if the legs are frozen, cook on high 6-8 hours

if the legs are thawed, cook on low 6-8 hours
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #7229
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I thought that too. I was joking with my friend and asked her why she didn't sell stamp stuff- I'd buy a TON- but cooking stuff...pft!
Yeah - like you NEED another "pusher" for stamping stuff - right?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #7230
Stazon Splitcoast

I just shared this on Michele's Digi Swap thread, but wanted to show you Mama's PIMPle! Annabella has been picking out her own clothes for the last few months (because she thinks Mommy dresses her "not cool" )! You should see what a *showstopper* she can be!

003.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited by urscrappymama; 01-05-2010 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: adding another picture!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #7231
Stazon Splitcoast

i just love her scrappy! she can be our pimpette
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #7232
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yeah - like you NEED another "pusher" for stamping stuff - right?
*looking around room*

who me??
Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #7233
Stazon Splitcoast

ROTF! Adorable! Its Mimi Me!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #7234
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Aww thanks for the kind words Tammy and my fellow Hos My mom seems to think that its the ink from my stamping that has been giving me issues...but I don't think so...

Tammy, just let me know when and where and consider me there girlie! Always willing to help a Ho if and when I can!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #7235
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
i just love her scrappy! she can be our pimpette
I'm sure she'd love to be Yoorah's and Mama's sidekick! She won't gimme my 'Ho Boa' back though! It's bad enough that I have to hide my 'Ho Hat'! She has an ever growing collection of purses, shoes, hats, and tights! She has been nagging for some orange Converse sneakers she saw three months ago, but we haven't found them since. She wanted to "go to the mall" after school today! WHEN did she become an 'Insta-Tween'?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #7236
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
For those of you going to CHA Ahaheim, and trying to figure out transportation from SNA or LAX to Sheraton Park Hotel Ahaheim, the shuttle service the hotel recommends is:
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/airportshuttle_LAX.htm

You can book online. They seem to run about every 30 min. - takes about 1.5 hours. The hotel is on the drop down menu for destination from LAX. Its $15 one way from LAX and $10 from SNA.
Hey Hos!

Thanks to Yoo-Rah, I'm not going to have to sit and pout on the curbside waiting for someone to carry my bags to the hotel. . .

LJ and Jackie, I made shuttle reservations via this site. Since the hotel itself doesn't have a shuttle (Sorry, my bad!), you'll probably want to do the same.

MWAH!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #7237
Stazon Splitcoast

mama, why can't I post a comment on your blog
Old 01-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #7238
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ummm. . .I don't know. Lemme drag Lance from his Star Trek: The Next Generation episode. . .
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #7239
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OK, try it now!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #7240
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by huera90 View Post
Ummm. . .I don't know. Lemme drag Lance from his Star Trek: The Next Generation episode. . .
yes, the benefits of having cute computer geeks for DHs!

I woke up Chris today so he could download something for me, lol