Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #801
Matboard Maniac

Hi! I am in Littleton, South of Chattfield Reservoir! Mind if I join your chat? I have been stamping a couple of years now but I still only know the basics. I hope to invest more time in this hobby and learn new tricks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #802
Stazon Splitcoast

We are coming down on the 23rd of April to look for a house!! We will be there for 10 days. We will move and plan to be there for good near the very beginning of July-I am so excited!!! Does anyone have any boys around the ages of 11? My daughter will be 9 by then too and I would love to have them meet some kids their age as soon as possible. We are looking to live in the Briargate area I hope. Can't wait to meet all of you!
Ann
Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 AM   #803
Glitter Guru

wonderdogs,
Welcome to the group... of course your more than welcome to join in, chat and/or participate in the gatherings too.

Ann,
I have three boys ages 10, 8, and 6 years old. I'm running now to get them to school so hopefully they can meet with your children and play.
Mary
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #804
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Everyone...

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I've had out of town company and we are dealing with a family issue. Dave's dad is very ill and is going down to FL to be with him. His dad is in hospice at home and not doing very well at all.

I'm still planning on gathering tomorrow at 1:30. Kimberly, you are more than welcome to bring a friend. Looks like we have a total of 5 attending. I am going to prep for 6 just to be safe. I will PM my address to all that are attending. Remember to bring a snack to share.

Ann, Caren has a daughter who will be 9 in August! Would be great to get the girls together. Let her know.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. If there has been any changes please PM me and let me know.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #805
Crimping Master

Cool

Sorry to hear about all of your problems, but family is always a first priority. Unfortunately, I have had something come up and I will not be able to make it tomorrow. I hope to be able to make it to the next one though.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #806
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Ladies...looks like tomorrow is cancelled. There were only going to be a couple of stampers and things have come up for others so we won't be getting together this month. Will try for another time...summer???

WELCOME Kendra...you will love this group of ladies...very creative and so supportive. Join us anytime!!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #807
Glitter Queen

Default hi!

Good evening ladies! I just found this thread... I live in Claremont Ranch... (Marksheffel/Constitution) and I'd love to meet some more girls that Stamp/Scrapbook... I have Mondays, Tuesdays and every Wednesday off... when are you meeting? I have been stamping for 11 yrs and just started scrapbooking a few years ago..
Naomi
Old 04-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #808
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomimade View Post
Good evening ladies! I just found this thread... I live in Claremont Ranch... (Marksheffel/Constitution) and I'd love to meet some more girls that Stamp/Scrapbook... I have Mondays, Tuesdays and every Wednesday off... when are you meeting? I have been stamping for 11 yrs and just started scrapbooking a few years ago..
Naomi

Naomi,

Welcome to the group. We meet randomly here when it fits in for most of us. Looks like the group won't get to meet this time but hopefully soon. I'll pm you in a bit. I'm getting ready to go to work so won't get to respond to you until maybe tomorrow night. I look forward to meeting you too.

Mary
Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 AM   #809
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary williams View Post
wonderdogs,
Welcome to the group... of course your more than welcome to join in, chat and/or participate in the gatherings too.

Ann,
I have three boys ages 10, 8, and 6 years old. I'm running now to get them to school so hopefully they can meet with your children and play.
Mary
That would be great! I know it won't happen until summer, but really great that my kids will have someone to meet right away!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #810
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmurray View Post
That would be great! I know it won't happen until summer, but really great that my kids will have someone to meet right away!

Ann,
We'll be around in later June and through the rest of the summer, so it'll be fun to meet up with you and let the kids play.

Maybe we could get a summer group of us together with our kids playing at the park or something fun like that? Should we try to set up a date now? And get a park that is great for all ages of kiddos. Let's see what we can all come up with.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #811
Inking Addict

Welcome to the group Kendra & Naomi!! Definitely agree with Joanne, these women are just wonderful and so amazingly talented. You will have to join us on our next get together - they are so creative!!

Maybe I'm going blind but - am I the only one who didn't get a Michael's coupon in today's paper? Or, are they going with this email distro coupons? I did get an email yesterday from them for a 20% off entire regular purchase but no 40%.

Also, this is my first year for doing teacher's gifts and I know that ya'll have some great ideas so....any recommendations? Ideas? I am also having some trouble finding something to hold down my paper flowers on top of a small stick (the same ones that are used for pinwheels). Any suggestions????

Hope that everyone is having a WONDERFUL weekend. I can't believe it snowed last night but who cares when you should have 60 degrees for the day! WHIPPIE!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #812
Insane Embellisher

This year I'm going to decorate the cute lunch tins and fill them with cards. That or I have a pattern for a box that holds 6 cards that I've made also. I'm not sure about holding the flowers. Have you tried glue dots?

I would love to do the playground thing this summer. We will be gone for lots of June and the first part of July, but I would love to try and fit it in.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #813
Inking Addict

That is such a cute idea Caren! We need to get together so that I can pick at your brain for all these wonderful ideas. I saw Mary at Michael's today and asked about the flowers and she mentioned wire. Then, I thought about the paper clip card that you made for the swap and I planned on going with that. BUT, when I got to Office Max, they only had the gold ones (I'm a silver kind of gal), but I saw these square magnet clips and I plan on making some flowers with the Pick A Petal set. I'll take pictures and show you.

THANKS MARY FOR HELPING ME TODAY! You're so creative - you have all the answers. I'm SOOOOO glad that you were working (although you probably wished you were at home relaxing.)

Well girls - I'm off to the basement to get working on the gifts. Hope everyone had a great weekend. The week is suppose to be even better!!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #814
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kquizzle View Post

Also, this is my first year for doing teacher's gifts and I know that ya'll have some great ideas so....any recommendations? Ideas?
As a former teacher, I can say that I was always in need of stickers. Why don't you decorate a small lunch tin and fill it with some cool school stickers. Useful and fairly inexpensive for you.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #815
Glitter Queen

Hi Kim, how about the little glue dots for your flowers on the sticks?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #816
Glitter Guru

Hi Everyone,

Kimberly... it was nice to see a friendly face at work today, I do mean friendly!!! Glad you gotten the online coupon, that helps. There was no ad in the paper today and so no 40% off coupon. I'm not sure if there will be an ad next week or not. I'm so glad I was a little help to you and both Joanna and Caren have great ideas! Family Fun has a web site with great inexpensive ideas too... and teachers really do just love being acknowledged for their time and effort with the children. I taught preschool for 11 years before becoming a mom and I loved the pictures the kids drew/colored/ or painted for me. Those were always great because it came from their hearts. Even the little ones could do that (Scribbles are just fine). Enjoy the time but don't feel pressured to always produce a tangable items... it's expensive and sometimes not even necessary. I did love when the kids would give me a book for my class, even the "little golden books" that aren't expensive was a wonderful addition to the class library.

Hope you have a great week!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #817
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi girls! I just go off shift and since it's morning here and everyone is at work the internet works a little better and it's a little easier to get on SCS. Graphics take forever to download. I have worse than dial up if you can believe it. Speaking of believing, can you belive I have 32 days left!?!?! I am so excited. ONE MONTH AND I CAN COME HOME!! I am trying not to get TOO excited otherwise it will seem like forever, ya know?? I can't wait to see everyone and meet all the new people!! I'm sorry to hear about the family Joanne, I hope everything works out. Well, 32 days and counting. Hope all is well w/everyone and I will see you all soon!!!!! Did I mention I'm coming home in a month!?!?!?!?!?!?

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #818
Glitter Guru

Wow, only 32 days left, time files fast... so excited to hear you'll be home so soon! Yeap, it could make you feel like a kid waiting for Santa if you think of it too much. Hang in there and you'll be home before you know it. We need to plan on a gathering when you get home. Do you want us to pick you up of the run way?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #819
Compulsive Stamper

Hi,

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I would love to get together with the kids this summer. I am always looking for something to do with them to keep them busy on summer days.

I hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #820
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Girls! Welcome Naomi! David is leaving on Thursday morning to go see his dad in FL. It's up one day and down the next~quite the roller coaster ride! He'll be gone til the 27th.

Caren is going to take me for my rhizo on Friday morning. She's such a sweetie! We need to be at Printers Park Surgery Center by 7:15 so I'm especially grateful to her! I just came back from meeting with a diabetes counselor. She was so sweet and very helpful. She was so encouraging and told me that I'm doing great! I even lost 2 more pounds!! I am enrolled in diabetes ed classes for the four Thursday mornings in May. Should be very beneficial.

Kimmie...you can get the large paperclips (silver) at WalMary; 15 for $.97. I have some here...let me know if you need any!

K...I'm off to enjoy the sunshine!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #821
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary williams View Post
Ann,
We'll be around in later June and through the rest of the summer, so it'll be fun to meet up with you and let the kids play.

Maybe we could get a summer group of us together with our kids playing at the park or something fun like that? Should we try to set up a date now? And get a park that is great for all ages of kiddos. Let's see what we can all come up with.
That sounds great! Once we find a house next week I will definitely give you the info and try to set up a date!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #822
Watercolor Wizard

Wonderful Wednesday Wishes to you all!!

Enjoy the sunshine before the snow falls...AGAIN!!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #823
Glitter Guru

Joanne, Good luck with all the things you got going on. Hang in there, and hope things are well for you soon.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #824
Insane Embellisher

Ann,

There was an article in the paper yesterday (4/15, the "Gazette", in the Life secton) titled, "Autism group helps local families cope". A short article but it's main focus is about a lady by the name of Alison Seyler who's son was diagnosed in 1994 with autism as a 3-yr old. She eventually started the Autism Society of the Pikes Peak Region which, on the 23rd of April is hosting the 2008 Autism Awareness Conference. Temple Grandin and Jeff Newman are guest speakers. The conference is from 7:30am-3 p.m Seylers son has graduated high school and is attending Pikes Peak Community College. Hope this helps. Dana
Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #825
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daotz View Post
Ann,

There was an article in the paper yesterday (4/15, the "Gazette", in the Life secton) titled, "Autism group helps local families cope". A short article but it's main focus is about a lady by the name of Alison Seyler who's son was diagnosed in 1994 with autism as a 3-yr old. She eventually started the Autism Society of the Pikes Peak Region which, on the 23rd of April is hosting the 2008 Autism Awareness Conference. Temple Grandin and Jeff Newman are guest speakers. The conference is from 7:30am-3 p.m Seylers son has graduated high school and is attending Pikes Peak Community College. Hope this helps. Dana
Thank you so much Dana! I was planning on joining an autism support group after the move!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #826
Inking Addict

Hello Ladies! I couldn't believe it when I landed on page THREE for this forum. We ALL must be having extremely busy weeks huh? Home everyone is taking some time to relax and enjoy this beautiful weather!!

Joanne - How are you feeling? Need another 1/2 caf?!?!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #827
Stazon Splitcoast

We are here in CS and I already love it! Today we are searching for houses while my mom takes our 3 kids to a park and the money museum! (God Bless her!) Can't wait to meet you all!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #828
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:
We are here in CS and I already love it! Today we are searching for houses while my mom takes our 3 kids to a park and the money museum! (God Bless her!) Can't wait to meet you all!

Welcome to CO!!! Glad your here, and pretty descent weather we've been having too. Check out the Olympic training center... you get free tours, and it's fun to hear about the upcoming olympics as well as the history behind it all. Good luck with house hunting, we cannot wait to meet you.

Mary
Old 04-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #829
Inking Addict

Welcome Ann! Glad that you're enjoying the Springs. It's been so beautiful these past couple of days - remember them when we get the bad stuff on Thursday.

HELLO GIRLS! Hope that everyone is doing well. Just wanted to stop in and see how things were going. I've so some studying to do, so goodnight and happy stampin'!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #830
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi everyone! Guess what! 16 days and a wake up and I start my journey HOME! I'm SO excited!!! I cannot describe to you how excited I am! The road has been long and hard, but I'm COMING HOME!! I've started mailing boxes home, packing things up, giving things away, etc. Not too mention it is H O T here! ick! better than being frozen though, that's for sure. I hope all is well w/everyone! I can't wait to stamp again! I can't wait to do A LOT of things again! Like not wear my uniform! Take a shower longer than 3 min, eat REAL food! See ya SOON!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it...<go ahead, sing with me!>

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 AM   #831
Watercolor Wizard

Woo Hoo! Hoorah! YAY!! Yippee...we can't wait for you to come home either, Capi! Sure have missed ya!

Hi Girls...I haven't been on SCS all week! Am up cause I can't sleep so I thought I'd get some SCS time and catch up with everyone. Dave is back and is still very worried about his dad. He and his sister got everything in order and arranged for someone to be with him around the clock...thank God he has long term care insurance. He's holding his own and it's just a matter of time.

I've been busy with stamping etc. Didn't do much for the five days following the rhizo...BUT it worked!! Still having some pain in the SI joints but I can deal...it's the nerve pain that is so awful.

I'm going back to Rochester for a month this summer. Leaving the Springs on 6/11 and coming back on 7/10. Taking care of the boys for about five days while my DS and DDIL go to Vegas. DS has a conference for work and DDIL is joining him for a few days. I can't wait!!

Guess that about fills you in...hope everyone is doing well!! Did you believe the snow yesterday?????
Old 05-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #832
Glitter Guru

Yeah, so glad your heading back home Capi!!! We'll all have to try and plan on a stamp session with you. I'm sure you'll need to relax in a bubble bath adn catch up with your hubby too, so sometime in there we'll have to have a stamp-a-thon.

Have fun with the grand boys Joanne, that is a long trip.

We are getting excited with the end of the school year wrapping up and looking forward to our family vacation. The boys and I will be gone most all of June.

Loved the snow yesterday, it was so.... fluffly and white, perfect spring time snow. I just don't appreciate the winds we are having right now... just too cold.

Have a great weekend!
Mary
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #833
Stazon Splitcoast

Well we have a house in Briargate with room for stamping! After we move in July and get settled I would love to have a stamping get together at the house! Do you guys do anything over the summer or is everyone too busy with vacations and such? Let me know!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #834
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Well we have a house in Briargate with room for stamping! After we move in July and get settled I would love to have a stamping get together at the house! Do you guys do anything over the summer or is everyone too busy with vacations and such? Let me know!
Yeah, you'll be here soon!!! Just wanted to give you a early welcome to your new CO home!!! It'd be lots of fun to meet up and hang out, we really just try to get together when it seems to work best for everyone.

Hope the move goes great, and just relax and enjoy your new surroundings. My family and I will be gone most of June. Hope to stamp soon!

Mary
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #835
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
That's great! Where in Briargate? I live right across from a King Soopers in Briargate. (it's the southern end of Briargate)
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #836
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Do you guys do anything over the summer or is everyone too busy with vacations and such? Let me know!
Sure we can get together over the summer. Maybe the kids would like to play together.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #837
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenk View Post
That's great! Where in Briargate? I live right across from a King Soopers in Briargate. (it's the southern end of Briargate)
We are across Powers from Pine Crest HS. Love this house-wish we could have bought it instead of renting it! My two oldest boys are 14 and 11 and DD is 9-how old are your kiddos?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #838
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Sure we can get together over the summer. Maybe the kids would like to play together.
That would be fabulous! Hopefully we will have our trampoline up and jumping soon after the move!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #839
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
We are across Powers from Pine Crest HS. Love this house-wish we could have bought it instead of renting it! My two oldest boys are 14 and 11 and DD is 9-how old are your kiddos?

My DD is 5 and starts kindergarten in August. My nephew is 11 and a hockey player (both inline and ice). We have a really nice inline rink just a few blocks up from my house.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #840
Insane Embellisher

I Ann,
I'm always ready to stamp anytime anyone else is....So, come July, I'll certaintly be ready. Dana