Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   WI * Wisconsin Stamping Events 2012 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/wi-%2A-wisconsin-stamping-events-2012-a-545938/)

melv 01-11-2012 03:54 PM

WI * Wisconsin Stamping Events 2012

Hi Ladies!
The other thread is a little long so I am starting a new one for 2012. Barb had a great explanation of what a shoebox swap is so I have pasted it here:

Many of the events are run a bit different, but in general they work like this.

Each person plans a card that meets the requirements set by the hostess (SU only, holiday theme, no vendor requirements, etc.). You make a sample card and then make a card kit for each of the other participants. The kit contains all of the cut cardstock and embellishments--the image is typically stamped at the event. All of the kits are in an individual baggie and all baggies are in a shoebox--that is how the name came about.

The day of the event, you set up your "station" with your sample, the shoebox with all of the kits, any additional needed items--ink, stamps, punch, etc. and directions for making your card if needed.

When the day starts, each person then moves from station to station and make each of the cards. If there are more than 20 participants, many times each person will make kits for half of the participants and pre-make the cards for the other half. Then, the hostess will swap out the pre-make cards for each person and you would then make the other half of the cards--that sounds a bit confusing, but is easy once you have done it.

Some shoebox swaps will have additional swaps that day--like a pair of 12x12 scrapbook pages, a swap for a certain type of card--like a Christmas card for a birthday card, some do an anything but a card--ABAC swap-so you might make a notebook, or bookmark, or box with candy, etx. Most of the time those swaps are optional, but the full card shoebox is required for everyone. Some do a rummage sale for a small amount of items for each person too.

The day is a great time--a long day of stamping, but it is fun. Oh yeah, each person has their own adhesive usually and takes that to each station to make their cards.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Hope you are able to come to one if held. It is scarey the first time............................. but like I said, it is a great day and you make some wonderful new friends!

Thanks Barb:cool:

If anyone has dates or stamping info they want to add feel free to post it here.
{Inky Hugs}
Mel

melv 01-11-2012 03:59 PM

2012 Calendar

January 31 ~ Scheduled last day for Scrapbook Superstore Everything is 60% off starting Monday (1-16) and unfortunately the fixture sale will start Tuesday.

April 14 ~ Friendship Swap

August 4 ~ Hartford Swap

November ~ One of a Kind Show, Madison

LET'S CREATE is a new store in Wisconsin Rapids (reminds me of Gina K's). They have CLASSES!!! Classes at great prices ~ $5 Copic class and $20 Glitter class for those of you driving from further away both classes are offered back to back on some days. Just click HERE to find out more.

Robyn O 01-12-2012 08:28 AM

Thanks Mel for starting this. Looking forward to stamping around the state this year.

melv 01-14-2012 03:49 AM

Updated and added to Calendar

HI Everyone,
Today I added a link for the Friendship Swap, updated info on Scrapbook Superstore in Madison and added info on a NEW STORE with CLASSES in Wisonsin Rapids.
Have fun stamping ladies!
Mel

spiffers 03-22-2012 10:45 AM

Wi** 2012 Hartford Shoebox- 4th annual

Just wanna get the date out there for people to make plans. The shoebox will be held on August 4th 2012. More info to follow.

rmnett 03-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffers (Post 19291571)
Just wanna get the date out there for people to make plans. The shoebox will be held on August 4th 2012. More info to follow.

Looking forward to it!

spiffers 06-17-2012 05:15 PM

4th Annual Hartford Shoebox Swap Info

1 Attachment(s)
Check out the attachment for our 4th annual swap. We hope to hear from all you soon. We would like to make this another successful year.

lefsegirl 08-02-2012 04:54 PM

Hi Gals ~ I just found this thread. I haven't been on SCS in quite some time, but I am ready to get back to stamping. I see there is a shoebox swap this weekend, unfortunately I have to work. I hope everyone has a great time.

Oh, just to let you know, I am near Madison. So, I am pretty much willing to travel a couple of hours to stamp.

Makalah 08-02-2012 08:57 PM

Hi Peggy! I'm on the SW side of Madison! :)

dianevey 10-16-2012 03:23 PM

Keep watching - a Shoebox is coming! I was with my Stampin Sisters over the weekend and there's going to be a Shoebox in Jefferson, WI on February 23, 2013!

mycattracks 10-17-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianevey (Post 19757752)
Keep watching - a Shoebox is coming! I was with my Stampin Sisters over the weekend and there's going to be a Shoebox in Jefferson, WI on February 23, 2013!

that's great, I can also stop at the outlet :)

sweide2 11-06-2012 08:42 AM

New thread added for the Jefferson Shoebox. Please check it out!

sheri lehman 11-27-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweide2 (Post 19806520)

BUMP

sheri lehman 12-12-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweide2 (Post 19806520)

bump

poffstamper 12-24-2012 06:55 AM

February 9, 2013 - Shoebox Swap

Hi everyone,

I have openings in my annual Shoebox swap for charity on February 9th. If you are interested in attending a fun event for a good cause, please contact me at [email protected] for details. It's rare that I post to splitcoast as the event has always filled in the past. BUT, this time I happen to have some openings so I thought I'd invite you!!

Warm Regards and Merry Christmas!

Carrie Ann Poff

PS - I would also like to add, if you attended in years past but have not received an invite from me, I probably have an outdated email address or there was an issue getting the invite to you. All past participants are encouraged to attend :)