Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   WA and BC (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/wa-bc-629584/)

GarnetJ 06-19-2019 04:08 PM

WA and BC

13th Annual Shoebox Swap

for NW Washington and Lower BC
(or for anyone beyond those borders who just loves to play with stamps)

Date... Saturday, October 5
Time... 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9:00 - 9:30 = arrival and coffee
9:30 we start crafting (don't be late)

Place... Laurel Church(just north of Bellingham, WA)
Registration fee... $10 ($5 for the church and $5 for the fun stuff)

Prize for the favorite project!!

GarnetJ 06-19-2019 04:14 PM

Here's the Plan...
Design a card (or other project... ornament, box, bag, etc)
Create 2 completed items (1 for a sample at the craft table and 1 to display for voting)
Create 20 kits of your card. (number may be less-- depends on the number of attendees)
Put the kits in small bags or envelopes
Put the bags in a shoebox or small basket.

Be sure to print 20 copies of your instructions...one inside each kit.

You do not need to provide tape and glue for your project.... each swapper should bring her own.
Your "shoebox" will be set at a marked space.
Swappers will move from shoebox to shoebox.
(Some people will finish faster than others, but there is plenty of space to work side by side when needed. Each of us will go home with 19 new projects.)

What to bring...
Your "shoebox" with...
* the 20 kits
* any "stuff" we will need to create your project
* the 2 completed items

* Your own "tool kit" to carry with you from table to table...tape, glue, pop-dots, scissors, pen, pencils et cetera.
* If you have extra cards at home that you would like to donate to the Laurel Church's card ministry, we would be delighted to have them.

Sack Lunch
This has worked well previously and no leftovers!

Name Tag...
Create your own name tag. Make it a piece of artwork that you can be proud to wear.

Janitor's request...
No loose glitter. No embossing powder. Those things get in the carpet and stay for months. Stickles are fine. Watercolors and chalk are great.

GarnetJ 06-19-2019 04:17 PM

Registration...
(will close on September 14th)

Send $10 to
Garnet Parker
5868 Crystal Springs Lane
Bellingham, WA 98226

Attendees....

1. Garnet Parker Pd
2. Missie Peterson
3. Jennifer Lind
4. Judy Holz Pd
5. Alex Strong Pd
6. YLM
7. Diana Z Pd

8. Donna VW Pd
9.Ardi D
10.Janet J.
11.Janice C Pd
12. Anne C. Pd
13. Julia. Pd
14. Debbi B
15. Julie S.

.........Maximum is 20.

Lily_Louise 06-27-2019 04:42 PM

October Shoebox Swap

Such an age since I logged into SCS! Garnet, it was lovely to get your invitation to the shoebox swap but I no longer live in Mission BC! I’m in Yellowknife, NT now so much further north. Obviously I won’t be able to make it. Would have been nice to catch up again. Recently connected with Danita Rixen on Facebook and I know she no longer lives in Bellingham or was it Lyndon? Have a wonderful meet and take care. Still card making but I no longer do swaps.

GarnetJ 06-27-2019 08:00 PM

Hi Ruth! Thank you for posting! Yes, it's been ages. Hope you are doing well. Danita lives in North Dakota, but her daughter lives in Whatcom County, so I hope she will be able to make the trip in October.
I have found a couple of places (via Splitcoast) to donate cards when I make too many. Keeps me moving. God's blessings!!!

c3wham 07-12-2019 07:51 PM

Hi Garnet, I'd am unable to attend this shoebox swap. I've moved out of Washington and now live in New Mexico! I sure have missed these swaps though. I always enjoyed the cards and the company. I'm sure this one will be another fun day.

GarnetJ 07-13-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3wham (Post 21840399)
Hi Garnet, I'd am unable to attend this shoebox swap. I've moved out of Washington and now live in New Mexico! I sure have missed these swaps though. I always enjoyed the cards and the company. I'm sure this one will be another fun day.

Hi Karen. I did know that you had moved. Just forgot which Splitcoast name was yours and sent the invite to everyone. So, you're not ready for a Washington vacation in October? lol

c3wham 07-13-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ (Post 21840498)
Hi Karen. I did know that you had moved. Just forgot which Splitcoast name was yours and sent the invite to everyone. So, you're not ready for a Washington vacation in October? lol

Oh, I'd love a WA vacation in October, but I'm going on a cruise later that month! I'll be with about 40 other card makers!! So I'll be getting my cardmaking in during the sea days!!

GarnetJ 07-13-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3wham (Post 21840680)
Oh, I'd love a WA vacation in October, but I'm going on a cruise later that month! I'll be with about 40 other card makers!! So I'll be getting my cardmaking in during the sea days!!

Is that the cruise with Gina K? Then I will see you there!!!

GarnetJ 07-24-2019 12:02 PM

I know which card I am going to make. I bought more paper (aaack). Now I just need to find the right die set.

c3wham 07-25-2019 03:17 PM

Oh I didn't know Gina K was doing a cruise! I'm going with a group with Stampin Up. Going to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras. Where are you going Garnet?

GarnetJ 07-26-2019 06:20 PM

Western Caribbean, out of Galveston.
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3wham (Post 21845169)
Oh I didn't know Gina K was doing a cruise! I'm going with a group with Stampin Up. Going to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras. Where are you going Garnet?

GarnetJ 07-26-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ (Post 21844720)
I know which card I am going to make. I bought more paper (aaack). Now I just need to find the right die set.

Found a great butterfly die set. It cuts and embosses.

Crafty Julia 08-05-2019 12:53 PM

Hi garnet sending check today. My dad's party is october 12th :)

GarnetJ 09-26-2019 08:16 PM

Can't believe it's only 7 0r 8 days to our bid event!!! I'm almost ready.... Always a procrastinator. Wishing there was more activity on this thread. It seem that only Julia and I want to chat.

Crafty Julia 09-27-2019 03:39 PM

Hi Garnet! Just checking in here. Still working on my final card design. So excited for our annual event on October 5th! I am still planning on bringing 2 kinds of baked goods ( it's muffins) for the event, along with butter and jam :)

GarnetJ 09-28-2019 11:31 AM

Thanks for posting Julia!!! I'm in sort of a panic, because no one is chatting

Crafty Julia 10-04-2019 07:56 AM

Countdown to stamping!

Hi everyone! I am baking muffins today for tomorrow's shoebox swap- here's a picture-https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...c43cc9e801.jpg