Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #321  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wasn't really where I wanted to end...but the keyboard batteries cacked...anyhow, I am now wanting to get in my nice clean and organized stamp room and make a mess! But next on the agenda is ordering for my class on the 20th with my pre-order. I was going to hold out until commissions, but need to get my class stuff. I only have 3 coming, but it was a pre-order class so no procrastinating this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #322  
Pearl-ExPert

I love all the DSP in the mini!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Great ribbon organization Lisa! But......you ~need~ more ribbon to fill it! (enable, enable )

Sorry you didn't sell more stamps at your garage sale Lisa! Weird! My upline had great luck at her garage sale when she moved. Sounds like you did well with cleaning though!

I finished one batch of swaps (for an off board swap due 9-15). It was a KISS swap, so no layers-whew! I'll never be confused with JulieHRR!

The next one is to use a sketch challenge (due 9-15), and then I also have to do the SA one (due 9-13). I have an idea to try for the SA one....Wish me luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #324  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I take it back, I sold ONE stamp set to the lady who also bought the catalog.
Got no stamping done, but did get my pre/class order in. More new goodies for me. I can't wait to get that DSP. I have my Christmas Card class to prep for October.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #325  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Now, only the SA swap remains.....but I need an idea! Eek!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #326  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Rhonda! You got a lot done this weekend!

I want to get my Big Shot swap cut and assembled today, but it may not happen.

I have my first session of Group Voice today at 3--only about 5 kids coming, but I need to seem like I know what I'm doing, right?

Tomorrow night is first session of Sept Card Buffet, so I need to get all materials gathered, cut, and packaged. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #327  
Hardware Hotshot

So the calendar class was such a success, I have two more ladies coming to make 7 more next week at my house. I really should have charged more. They are a lot of work to prep. But maybe once I get them into my home, I can show them some samples of upcoming classes and they will want to come to those.

My SA swaps should be in Lisa's mail box today or tomorrow. I just have some flowers and birds to cut for my BS swap (the big pieces are already cut) and then assemble them.

But today is DH's birthday so I thought I would surprise him with a clean house when he gets home. Besides, I have that shower at my house on Thursday and I am trying to be optimistic that I can keep it clean that long. Then when DS is at school, I am going to go buy his present (a Best Buy GC) and get some grocery shopping done.

Also, I placed an order for a bunch of tins from specialty bottle and it is suppose to arrive today. It will be hard to not play with it today, but I will be good and wait til tomorrow. They are suppose to be for the holiday boutique my neighbor and I are doing, but I think I might offer a class too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #328  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Now, only the SA swap remains.....but I need an idea! Eek!
I have my idea - a card I demo'd at my sister's workshop, but still have to get them done! Good thing I am hosting this one, since mail time to get it to the hostess is not an issue!

Paula sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Congrats on your successful class.

Last edited by biffsbee; 09-08-2008 at 08:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #329  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Lisa - Love the organization - I've been looking for something to do with my punches to get them off my table and easily accessible. Where did you find your holder? Which challenge are you doing today? I'm still making up my mind!
I got the ribbon holder at scrapbookexpress.com. Expensive, but worth it. Added another IKEA rail over it for another "rack" of punches since the two on the wall next to my table are FULL....

I've still got till tomorrow morning to finish the challenge. It's on the Verve Visual forum.... http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=379728
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #330  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula - your cards are adorable!

Off to rock-n-roll on mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #331  
Crimping Master

I thought I'd stop in quick to say "Hello". I've been busy with my books. I did get my new catalog swap for SDiego Gal finished. It will go postal tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'll post it after the swap. I also made mini treat holders and a mini magnet board. All while I was trying to avoid doing homework
Sounds you all are busy and doing fun things!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #332  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Lisa. So relieved you like them. I had a bit of swap anxiety about them after I mailed them, hoping they were good enough for SA standards. You all are a tough crowd.

Keep up the studying Missi! You can do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #333  
Polyshrink Goddess

Missi - what is that you are studying?

I finished prepping for my bleach and my faux silk cards and samples. I'm trying a new thing with my camps - I'm doing a card on each technique and instead of a million samples, I'm walking them just through the card I'm making. I did make a little ring of tags with different cardstock to show them how the bleach pulls different base colors out depending on the dye lot.

I just booked another October party. I think I need help. I have a class on the 2nd (acetate/glitter & ghosting), my xmas camp on the 9th & 11th (5 cards, 1 gift card, our convention bookmark, and my hanging calendar), a demo workshop (never done one of these) showcasing snowmen items (scrapbook page, card, & project, plus make-n-take), and then a party on the 14th making a Thanksgiving card and a few Christmas tags. Plus I haven't come up with a single layout for the calendar! Where were you all to stop me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #334  
Crimping Master

Paula - thanks for the encouraging words!

Stacy - you sound busy! I'm sure all your projects will be great. I love your work! Right now I am taking advanced pathophysiology (and currently that includes cellular biology and immunity), an ethics class and a policy/politics class. All for my bachelor's in nursing (I am an RN currently, just advancing my degree).
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #335  
Pearl-ExPert

Missi - you go girl! My BFF is an RN and just started back to school for her Nurse practitioner. Remember stamping is cheaper than therapy, don't forget to take a break now and then.

Stacy - you sound ambitious too! Put on roller skates to keep up with you. Remember all those convention swaps...you can do it, you can do it.

No worries Paula. :O)

Got all my flowers rock-n-rolled, now I need to cut them all out(what was I thnking!).

Have a great night ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 AM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, my SA swaps are going to be late. I thought we had until the 15th.
I have my huge financial divorce mediation today and didn't stamp at all the past couple of days - too nervous. I am hoping to stamp all day tomorrow as therapy. So, I should be able to mail on Thurs. I'll send priority. I have my model done, though I'm not in love with it.
Sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #337  
Hardware Hotshot

Good luck Jen! I hope the mediation goes as well as possible.

Stacy- You make me tired but good you! Sounds like your business is going really well.

I'm on day three of a pretty major headache. I have a high pain threshold and can usually work through them, but advil doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore. I get these occasionally, but this is the second one in three weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #338  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, no worries about us. Good luck with the mediation. Hugs!~ if you send it priority it will come either Saturday or Monday - still time for me to make the mail Tuesday - that will only be one day later. And I am sure it will be a cute swap, you are just pre-occupied with other things.

Paula - sorry about the headache. More stress this past couple weeks with school starting maybe...maybe you need a nap time out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #339  
Crimping Master

Jen - I hope today isn't too emotionally draining for you. You will definitedly need to stamp after your mediation!
Paula - I hope your feeling better today! If not, you could try some excedrin migraine, it has caffeine, which can really help with severe headaches.
Lisa - thanks! I think some stamping was exactly what I needed yesterday!

I had a bit of a melt down yesterday. All the expectations we place on ourselves as far as keeping the house clean, laundry, dinner, school ,work, etc...I felt overwhelmed. I mentioned how I was feeling to my DH and he told me that he could hlep. Duh!

Have a great day everyone!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #340  
Mad Swapper

Whew! I've been lurking here, but just too tired by the time I get on late at night to post. Sounds like everyone else has a lot on their plates, too. Just adding my cyber hugs to all the studying and projects flying around out there. We are a busy bunch!

Paula, I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. Here's a "recipe" that someone passed on to me after years of suffering thru my headaches. Take 2 Midol and an ibuprofen (Advil). I used to have days' long headaches, too, (usually finding myself in bed for 2 or 3 days around my period starting) and now I can kick them out in an hour or so.

(Midol has acetaminophen and caffeine, which combined with the ibuprofen seems to have enough 'drug' effect to stamp out the headache).

My DH works as a director in a hospital and asked his docs if this was safe, and it is as long as it isn't abused, KWIM?

Anyway, everyone has their own advice, but I'm passing this along because it has worked for me.

Happy stamping everyone. My SA swaps will be mailed this afternoon or early tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see what everyone has done!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #341  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for suggestions Missi and Kathy. I've heard caffeine can help, but it gives me a stomach ache. So I've been trying to weigh whether I'd rather have a stomach ache, or a head ache. Right now, I'm thinking the stomach ache with no headache would be a welcome change. Might have to stop at the drug store ofter I take my DS to school.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

You all are going to smack me....but I ~do~ have a prototype now! My local-met on SCS buddy arcopes/Alison came by (for something else) and helped me....I chose the set and colors, but she helped with the layout. I needed the help!

Off to use the big shot and sponge like a mad woman!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #343  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi ladies! I'm finally getting a second to catch up with ya!
On the swap front: Ijust finished 10 swaps for a new catty swap.
I have 10 more to make for a Holiday Mini swap (I just got my stuff today YIPEEE!).
But seriously- 20 swaps! I'm SOOO golden. Those ten went really quick and I think it all has to do with convention swap perspective. Truelly a breeze!
You can check the swap out on my blog- it's the Pencil Haiku one.

Amy- LOVING the new avie pic. This one is much more YOU, me thinks.
Agh...nap time is over. Wish I could chit chat more. Hugs to my swappers anon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #344  
Hardware Hotshot

OK. I took some excedrin migraine and it did take the edge off. Now it's just kind of dull and there. Good news is, no stomach ache.

But it was enough that I could remake *amystamps glass slipper this afternoon. I am hoping to do it for a class in a few weeks, but boy, what a mess that glitter is. I'm all sparkly and pretty once again!

Off to pick up DS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #345  
Kookie Creator

Paula - glad your were able to get that pattern to work as you needed. I did have the pattern in an envelope but hadn't sent it yet! I hear you on the glitter! It helps to add it to the crystal effects so it doesn't fly around so much!

Lisa - my new catty swaps went postal yesterday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #346  
Pearl-ExPert

I am so excited about the mail for the rest of the week - swaps coming and UPS too. Mr. Brown should be here Wed, Thurs and Friday with SU boxes...I did my pre-order and class order then checked my list and missed someone for my class order (which was a required pre-purchase DUH!) so had to order more...and the other is a supply order. But still fun to come home to boxes on the step.

Off to cut out more flowers...and throw something on for dinner, DH just called on his way home. Good thing he calls me everyday when he leaves work or he may never get dinner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #347  
Stazon Splitcoast

My swaps went out in today's mail...they are masculine instead of Humor in High Heels....it is on my blog, so don't look if you want to be surprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #348  
Matboard Maniac

WOW, all of you girls are wearing me out just reading all that you are doing!! I am proud to say that I have only done 4 swaps since Convention, and I am done and gone postal with all of them, including the SA one. You all make me nervous with all of your professional swaps, so I hope I am up to your standards. I do look forward to getting all of your swaps, I will be CASEing them I am sure!

Amy-Love the new avatar..it's so you. I am jealous of all you have done the past few weeks and you are ready for Sept card buffet...

Missi-best of luck with school, advanced pathophysiology is right down my alley, I am with you on that...but, school was much easier 15 years ago!

Paula-as your personal pharmacist and friend, I can tell you the combo of Advil and Midol is just fine, and it is almost exactly what is in Excedrin Migraine...glad to hear your head is a little better

Lisa-Swaps are in the mail, should arrive tomorrow or Thursday!

Jen-Hope things went well today, been thinking about you

And to everyone else, best of luck with all your busy lives, stampin hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #349  
Pearl-ExPert

I am soooo bad! I peaked Rhonda, awesome card. Cannot wait to see them IRL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #350  
Crimping Master

Angie - I read your signature, very funny!
Rhonda - great cards!
I finished all my assignments and tests for the week! Whoohoo!! Now that I am caught up with school I can stamp! I've got some ideas brewing in my head. I've got to put together the projects for my club on the 20th and I've come up with an idea for *amystamps shoebox swap that will be fun if I can make it work.
But that will all have to wait, I'm exhausted and am going to go to bed.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #351  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Angie! Miss you!

"Only 4" she says. *I've* only done 4, too! But I have one left to make and mail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finger's inky girlView Post
WOW, all of you girls are wearing me out just reading all that you are doing!! I am proud to say that I have only done 4 swaps since Convention, and I am done and gone postal with all of them, including the SA one. You all make me nervous with all of your professional swaps, so I hope I am up to your standards. I do look forward to getting all of your swaps, I will be CASEing them I am sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #352  
Hardware Hotshot

Amy J - I posted a picture of my glass slipper in my gallery. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

Angie - Thanks for confirming the drug advice. My only problem is, the Excedrin Migraine says to only take once a day. So I took one advil about five hours later.

I've just spent the last three hours updating my DBWS and my stampin' blog. I wanted to get as much put on both of those as possible before I send my September newsletter out. Can't wait to announce online ordering. I actually got my first order today! Completely out of the blue, but I am not complaining!

I can't wait to see everyone's swaps! I am trying not to go to Rhonda's blog so I will be surprised. I doubt that will last the whole time though. I did peak at the swaps for the Convention Quality Swap I'm in. Great stuff there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

My swaps will go postal tomorrow....need to finish them today. Very different than what I normally do. I hope everyone likes them!

I get to sit around and wait for repair people today, as my freezer is on the fritz. I just hope they can fix it instead of spending $ for a new fridge/freezer. The repair shop doesn't even open until 9. I did save my Stonyfield Coffee frozen yogurt!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #354  
Stazon Splitcoast

I posted my swap on my blog today, so don't look if you want to be surprised!

Paula, I hope your headache gets better.

Jen, you doin' ok today? {{hugs}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #355  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Amy and everyone else for your well wishes. I am hanging in there. The freezer is working temporarily....just started working, so I have the appliance guy coming tomorrow. Waaaaayyyy too much on my plate these days. But the kids just left with their dad, so I am off to finish my swaps so I can mail tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #356  
Hardware Hotshot

(((HUGS))) Jen. Not fair that your freezer has issues on top of everything else you have going on. Hang in there. We are all pulling for you.

BTW. How did your triathlon go last weekend?

My head is doing a bit better today. The sad thing is, the caffeine in the Excedrin kept me awake last night, even though I took it at about 1:30 yesterday afternoon. I think my system is sooooo not use to caffeine at all that it just went into hyper mode when it got a bit of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finished my SA swaps so I will mail tomorrow am!!

Hi Paula - Thanks for the well wishes. When it rains it sure does pour!!

My triathlon went OK. My time really stunk. I didn't come in last though I was close! The lack of training showed, the stress showed, my bike brakes sticking showed, so I decided to do it just for fun and not worry about time. It was a harder bike course than I thought. It was either downhill or uphill - no flats and lots of up. I finished and that's what's important. I even won a $25 GC to a vendor there - we were dancing in front of the announcer and a couple of us won prizes for being spunky and fun. Everyone thought we were crazy and we looked ridiculous I'm sure, but when they played "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, we started doing all the moves from the video. It was hilarious. It was a very well run race and lots of prizes and giveaways. Almost all of us won something and one of the group won a brand new wetsuit, which run about $200!! The girl who won that - her husband is a beer brewer at a craft brewery - so he always brings beer to races if he stops by to watch her, so afterwards we did a beer tasting and kind of hung out and had some fun girly time. Then we went out to lunch - all stinky and gross. It was a fun day with friends for sure. As usual, I curse the entire time and say I'm never doing it again, but by the next day I can't wait for the next one! My goal is to lose weight this winter, which should make it all easier.

The STBX has the kids for a couple hours today, so I'm doing some crafting, watching 90210 reruns and just chillin'. I hope to do a lot of stamping/scrapbooking this weekend, as it's his weekend too.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #358  
Pearl-ExPert

I guess Paula and Jen both get cyber hugs today!!!

Amy J and Angie's fabulous swaps arrived today along with my pre-order from the holiday mini. I cannot wait to be able to order more of this DSP - all very yummy!

As for my swap status...I am still cutting out flowers. Now I know I make it sound like a lot, but there are only 3 for each card front. I just keep getting interrupted with life. Tonight hopefully I will get done cutting. The rest is a snap. And I have another swap to get done by Monday morning for my upline meeting swap...16 for that one and I haven't given it much thought yet. I did raise and eyebrow at the DSP and Scandinavian set...but I have to get over my tendancy to hoard pretty paper first!
DH is late getting home tonight so I am off to watch more Firefly and cut more flowers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #359  
Pearl-ExPert

Yea me, I got all my flowers cut out and my base layer cut. (they should have a little smiley guy who can pat himself on the back )

Cool and raining here this morning. Perfect day to stay in and stamp...but alas, here I am at work (you can tell I am working hard to avoid filing). My boss is at a fishing tourney...wonder if it is raining on him too...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #360  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good job, Lisa! I finished off my Sizzix die swap this morning (I was just waiting overnight for some Crystal Effects to dry), and I hope to get to the post office after Card Buffet today.

My new catty swaps are all done! LOL Just in time to start Christmas ones, right? I am trying to decide how many I can take on. I *hate* missing out, but I have been feeling *overwhelmed* lately. It's that darn canning.
Reply With Quote Likes