Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3041  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(((hugs))) Stacy. Sorry you had a bad week. I miss lots of things about working outside my home, but I don't miss those things that used to get under my skin and drive me bonkers. Good for you for taking a personal day and being creative. It always makes me feel better.

I am feeling a bit less stress this week. Having last week's dinner and Saturday's party out of the way really helped. Now I just need to figure out some other presents for my extended family and I am good.

Tonight we are taking the boys to buy presents for each other. I had picked somethings that I thought they could give each other, but then someone mentioned at church yesterday that they way they taught their children about being giving was to take them to buy gifts for their siblings. Something special that they picked out all by themselves.

My brother's decided not to exchange gifts this year, even among the grandkids, but I am the evil psycho sister who just can't let go of the tradition. I don't want to send them things that will make them feel guilty that they didn't get us anything, but something that lets them know we are thinking of them at Christmas. I think that means homemade something or other. I intended to make them Countdown to Christmas calendars. But that just didn't happen this year.

OK. Enough rambling. Better get Spencer out of his jammies and A.J. ready for school.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3042  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think my interesting moment was trying to write my newsletter. Last year, when Con's dad had passed away, we talked about everything but that in our Christmas newsletter. This year, between Con losing his job and the fires and all the work stress, it seemed like so much high pressure stuff happened. But after reading through it, I was able to see that so many good things happened becuase we survived it all. Con is working with a great new company and loves it. I have a lot of credibility at work after all the projects I had to take on. The fire "let" me clean my house in a way I couldn't before (that might be a stretch but it still hits the glass half full side). That's the side I'm trying to bring out again today - i think it's starting to work!

Thank you all for caring - I just put too much stress on myself and my body sometimes goes BLAH.

Funny thing - I decided to wrap Con's presents so that he doesn't have to trip over them (they were all in the hall covered with a blanket - cute and sneaky eh?) Anyhow, the paper I bought has snowman all over it - of course. We have a tradition of putting cute nicknames on our tags (Mr. Golfer from Ms Golfer or Crafting Queen from Music Man, that sort of thing) - but I don't have any tags made yet. So I look at the paper and it's Silver, White, Pink Passion, Eggplant Envy, Garden Green, Always Apricot, and my favorite color of all time (not) Tempting Turquoise. Now I'm going to take an hour or so and make tags since this is a nice challenge for me to see what I can do with those colors. And, I have to do it before I wrap everything and forget what it is or the nicknames may not make sense with the gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #3043  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, when the Christmas thing started getting out of hand with my siblings (we started having too many kids! LOL), we started a tradition of the cousins drawing names to exchange a nice book. We've kind of fallen into a token family gift--I do homemade peach jam every year. My older sister gives everybody a subscription to Family Fun. Stuff like that. The cousins all love to get their books, and that has kept it fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #3044  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I'm in a funk now. Grr...
Short version: Am part of a book club that meets once a month. We were going to meet at a local, kind of expensive, but nice tavern like me did last year and a couple people said they couldn't make it because of money issues. I mentioned that I couldn't make it because the STBX is taking the boys to a boy scout caroling event at a nursing home and would be home shortly after book club started and I didn't feel comfortable having him meet a sitter here. Who would let the sitter in? Suppose they were late? Etc. So, I said I would be happy to host and people started responding that that would be great. Then, an email just came out saying two people talked on the phone and someone else is now hosting. Which means I can't go. I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me. I'll get over it. But, just kind of ticked, since this girl hosted last month. She's also a single mom, so babysitting is an issue for her too, but she always has to be in charge and dominate situations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #3045  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, Jen. {{{Hugs}}} And on a tough day for you, anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #3046  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll get over it. Just nice to vent to friends that aren't part of the group, you know, so I am free to vent instead of playing nice like I always do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #3047  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, bananas....I need to finish my list for the family. And order Christmas cards and.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #3048  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL I know *exactly* what you mean!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #3049  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
LOL I know *exactly* what you mean!
Me too Jen! Vent away! What a toadette! Definitely a rug-puller....so sad to be her!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #3050  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
My friend's husband passed away yesterday afternoon. It was a long time... His wife was by his side....
How sad, I'm sorry to hear this. It is never easy to lose a loved one, but it seems worse this time of year. I'm glad your friend was able to be with him at least. *hugs*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #3051  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Me too Jen! Vent away! What a toadette! Definitely a rug-puller....so sad to be her!!
That word makes me laugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #3052  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
So, I'm in a funk now. Grr...
Short version: Am part of a book club that meets once a month. We were going to meet at a local, kind of expensive, but nice tavern like me did last year and a couple people said they couldn't make it because of money issues. I mentioned that I couldn't make it because the STBX is taking the boys to a boy scout caroling event at a nursing home and would be home shortly after book club started and I didn't feel comfortable having him meet a sitter here. Who would let the sitter in? Suppose they were late? Etc. So, I said I would be happy to host and people started responding that that would be great. Then, an email just came out saying two people talked on the phone and someone else is now hosting. Which means I can't go. I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me. I'll get over it. But, just kind of ticked, since this girl hosted last month. She's also a single mom, so babysitting is an issue for her too, but she always has to be in charge and dominate situations.
That's not very nice! I hope that you hadn't already gone through trouble to get ready for them! If you haven't, on the bright side, you won't have to worry about making sure everything is clean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #3053  
Pearl-ExPert

HA HA!!!

Look at my title everyone!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! OK I can't post anymore cause it can't change.. the truth has come to the light!!! ROFL!!!!!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #3054  
Pearl-ExPert

hey - where did my post go??? Grrrr....

Okay - well let's see if I can repeat it...

I agree with ah, think it was Rhonda - we definitely fit the support/upline/downline/sideline and not be on the business front page.

Rhonda, love the bee cards! Still have not played with mine.

Kathy - so glad you have heard from your son! What a relief for you and your family.

Stacy - been there! Glad you are taking time for yourself - sounds like it is working for you.

Jen, you have permission to not always play nice here, sorry you will miss your book club. Also so sorry about your friends passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your friend.

Kim - we got about 3" here too. I have shoveled half the driveway so far today. I am trying not to overdo my shoulder. More snow due this afternoon - another 1-3". I'm hoping for feet! Then DH gets to plow and I get to watch.

Amy, how's the advair doing? Still helping? I hope you are back to normal soon!

Paula, I love the idea of the boys picking out each others gifts.

Pamela, love snow angels! We used to make snow forts (not tunnels) and have snowball fights from one to another. Need a bit more snow for that yet. And this snow was really dry. Easy to shovel that way though.

I know I have missed someone...you all are thought of often and I am so glad to call you all friends! Hope everyone is having a good day.

I am working on wrapping white elephant gifts for tonight. Bought a cake from Sam's Club instead of baking for that too. Writing out Christmas cards - 20 down 50 to go! Have been to the post office and walked out to the mailbox twice already (which is good - I need the exercise). Now off to do dishes and vaccum then shovel the rest of the driveway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #3055  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woohoo Ellie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #3056  
Mad Swapper

I think I got a lot accomplished this weekend. 2 6x6 scrapbooks done for my Mom and MIL...some Christmas shopping done. Tree up...elfette gifts done and getting ready to mail. Christmas party invites done and in the mail. 14 more christmas cards done (I realized last week that I was short about 25 christmas cards!) All this done and my list is still miles long!

I am bummed though because I made something for a secret elf gift and I can't find the directions for it and I want to make some more. I did a search in the gallery and came up with nothing! I'm really bummed. I know I can't do it without the instructions. I'll have to do somemore searching. (Plus I can't ask you guys cuz it might give away the suprise!)

We did ge a little snow on Saturday and it was very pretty. It was the fluffy kind but did make the roads slick for a bit.

Hope everyone's day is going well! Jen, I hope your day is getting better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #3057  
Mad Swapper

Oh yeah, I was going to add that with all Jen's talk of cleaning and organizing I decided to try to downsize my Christmas stuff. We have a bunch of ornaments that I no longer use and some other trinkets and things that I do not put out every year, so I am going to take those to Good Will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #3058  
Mad Swapper

Hi all! I think we are all just a bunch of over achievers! I was thinking "I hope my elfie gifts are good enough!" I love them.. doesn't mean she will right.. wrong.. over achievers! i am SURE that we all made fabulous things for each other! can't wait to see mine.. Friday is just a few days away! I am pretty excited to see the reveals on the blogs as well. too fun!

anyway.. interesting day here at work. I am now a firm believer that men can be hormonal as well..

Jen- sorry for all your troubles today.. hugs my friend!

Amy- you are seeming more like your old self today.. that's so great!

Stacy- nice to "see" you again.

Kim- please do NOT send that snow south. I am not so far from you and I could do without the snow today or tomorrow.. but I guess we are bound to get it. they have forecast a snowy winter for us here in the Chicago area.

everyone else- happy Monday!

work is an absolute zoo today!

later ladies!
L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #3059  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a customer of my former upline looking to replace her Mauve Mist stamp pad. Do we have anything close now?

Just got back from taking AJ to school and going to the church to take down my Christmas tree. It was up for the parties last week and as an angel tree, but the good people there have picked it clean so we took it down. It's now snowing ice here. We don't get that often. I think it will change over to something else soon.

My contribution to the angle tree is a gift for a man. I'm thinking a gift card but does anyone else have any better ideas?

I agree too that when we move, it should be back to the demo only area but not in the general business forum. My upline and her upline have both dropped so you could all adopt me as a downline and go there. (I do have a third upline that is one of the top demos and takes care of me so don't feel too bad).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #3060  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm an orphan too! No uplines to speak of....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #3061  
Stazon Splitcoast

We'll be heading out in a couple of minutes for CCD. I cannot believe how cold it is out still and it's suppossed to be 40 tomorrow!! I hope everyone that is shoveling, driving is taking care to be safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #3062  
Crimping Master

It's stopped snowing here and it looks like it might not stick on the ground much, yeah! I haven't checked the forcast for the rest of the day, but I'm hoping the storm is over, for now.

I am an orphan too. Have been since I started, luckily I've met some fun friends that have become my upline.

I'm having a really hard time at work today. I just can't stay focused. I'm usually such a good employee, but today I am slow and easily distracted. Must get back on track..........maybe I'll take a walk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #3063  
Pearl-ExPert

My 3rd level upline is in TN and I rarely hear from her. My next is my 5th level up and I do go to her meetings - but they are only 3x year. I am pretty much out here on my own.

Skipped shoveling the rest of the drive - all of a sudden I have a ton of things to do - they were there earlier, but I just panicked a bit I think. I am now all booked to NY for my trip to Ukraine in Feb/Mar. Two one way flights. That was different for me, but had a voucher to use and that is money already spent - hopefully now I will not miss the flight. I have two hours from scheduled landing to get my bags, clear customs and get to the flight home. No pressure!

Off to get more done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #3064  
Mad Swapper

Good for you for getting your tickets already, Lisa!

Ok, with the elfie stuff - - I don't think the intent was to stress us all out LOL! So all of us over achievers have got to quit thinking, "Is she going to like it?!!!!!"
Of course we're going to love everything we get. We love Each Other, don't we? I think just opening a fun little surprise every day is going to totally make my Christmas this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #3065  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think you're right. Doesn't it make you feel like a grownup that you're more worried about what you're giving than what you're receiving????

When did I get to be so old???? LOL I'll be 43 next month, and that sounds so *settled* and mature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #3066  
Mad Swapper

I think making gifts for my elfie stresses me out 'cause you are all fellow stampers and I have seen your work!!!!! I want to be as good as you all are!

Amy, 43 is old???? Mature?????? At 50 I am still waiting to wake up and find out I'm still 21 and have just had a bad dream about babysitting LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #3067  
Pearl-ExPert

I will be 42 in April and I can say without reservation that my outlook on life is soooo much different now that it was 20 years ago.

I am ready for tonight and toss in meeting someone on the way to our Christmas Party who is buying one of my Longaberger baskets from me that I posted on Craigslist. The cash really makes me feel better about not working so much lately.

Speaking of - boss called yesterday to ask me to work today. OK, he called me at 8:30 this morning to say he didn't plow so now I don't need to come in. I was already out of the house on my way in! Fortunately I am only a few miles away and it was no biggie to head to the grocery and post office instead. Then back home. Which was good for me today I guess cause for some reason I am feeling like I have too much to do and have to get it all done today. Which in reality I don't, but hate that feeling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #3068  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
Amy, 43 is old???? Mature?????? At 50 I am still waiting to wake up and find out I'm still 21 and have just had a bad dream about babysitting LOL!
I'm just trying to remember when exactly I became my mother.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #3069  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm *only* 36 But for some reason, I keep thinking I am only 30. Not sure what has happened to the past 6 years of my life but it seems like time started flying faster about the time A.J. appeared on the scene.

Yep. I think it will be great just to open a little something every day and I have no doubt that I will like whatever it is because everyone here is very talented. I think we should all put out swapper's anxiety on the shelf and just be ready to enjoy. (She says, trying to convince herself).

I just spent an hour cleaning downstairs in my craft room. You can't even tell I've done anything yet. It's pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #3070  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, gals, the earth must be tilted on it's axis because the bad news does not stop coming.
So, I get to CCD and see my friend who also teaches. I had called her earlier in the day to chat about Jim passing and to tell her that now that we're not working out I miss chatting with her. Well, her best friend, and a friend of mine (and neighbor - both are neighbors) her dad had a hemorrhagic stroke on Friday night. He is in bad shape. Lost his speech, left side and he has Parkinsons, an ICD/defib, high blood pressure, you name it. My friend is a mess too, apparently she and her dad got in a huge fight over the phone on Thurs. night and this happened overnight. So, she had to fly out to see him and I think will be home in a day or two. Then my first friend's dad has a tumor on his adrenal gland and refuses to deal with it until after the holidays.
What the heck is going on?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #3071  
Stazon Splitcoast

I cannot wait to open all the little treats! I am sure that they will bring a smile to my face each and every day! As I was wrapping mine for my secret elf, it made me happy to give. At this time of year and with everything going on, I have to remember to count the many blessings that I have. And I have a lot, beginning with all of you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #3072  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sorry you are surrounded by so many tragedies right now. The great JanTink said to me recently, something to the effect that sometimes, God creates a situation where you have no choice but to rely *only* on Him. It is an exquisitely painful experience, and one that brings tremendous growth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #3073  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am so sorry you are surrounded by so many tragedies right now. The great JanTink said to me recently, something to the effect that sometimes, God creates a situation where you have no choice but to rely *only* on Him. It is an exquisitely painful experience, and one that brings tremendous growth.
Oh, that's a good one. I need to write that down and remind myself of that very fact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #3074  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm just trying to remember when exactly I became my mother.
LOL! On the weekend crop my sister told me I sounded like "mom" - can't remember what I said but we did get a laugh out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #3075  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have heard this 3 times today all in different places!!! Wow, guess I better put on my listening ears...maybe there is a message in there for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #3076  
Pearl-ExPert

I am sitting here looking at my elf box - which is unopened...and dying to rip into it all. I am going to be a good girl though and wait and only open one a day. I know it will be worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #3077  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen sorry the news is not so happy around you today. SUPER CYBER HUGS!!!

Paula, I am sure there is progress there, sometimes we need to disconnect ourselves to see it though. Make it fun or a challenge so it doesn't seem like a chore. It will be done in no time.

Ellie must be off playing with her new toys that arrived today! I still have not put ink to mine *hangs her head in shame*

Last edited by biffsbee; 12-08-2008 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #3078  
Hardware Hotshot

Triple (((hugs))) Jen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #3079  
Hardware Hotshot

While I was downstairs cleaning, Spencer was upstairs making a mess in A.J.'s room. So really, it was just a wash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #3080  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL I remember those days!
Reply With Quote Likes