Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #2881  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Amy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #2882  
Gallery Gazer

I'm here as long as my hands will type. As you can see I have taken advantage of a goods hands day or two so far. I also don't feel so blue with all of you to chat with. Stuck home (or choosing to stay home) I get mopey.
I have to prep for Sunday - 8 projects and find my disk to load the camera program in the new computer. I lose track of stuff so easily. I'm ready to tie a pair of my reading glasses to my ears. I keep laying them down in weird places.

Kathie expediting was my Christmas present! New stamp toys. One of my customers asked how my family surprises me with stamping stuff. I told her they just give me cash and say buy what you need. They could order online now, I "promise" I wouldn't peek at the order. lol My son did get me a scorepal last year with my upline's help. She even gift wrapped it for him.

Your daughter will get used to your household. My son moved back home 3 months ago. We work at finding a middle ground weekly. I'm a type A person, he's a type C.

Amy hope you are feeling better. Glad you've got your family pitching in to help with your holiday decor.

Good night all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #2883  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
That would be it. Hey, Pamela - I'm sending my DH to live in SD this spring.... he will be there at Pt Loma for about 4 years.....
That is so cool! Are you coming, too? Ohmygosh, wouldn't it be great to have a SA sister in the same town?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #2884  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I am debating between sending just a photo card (if we can get a great shot of all 6 kids LOL) or using my swaps. It all just seems like too much this year.
Definitely take the easy route this year, Amy! Next year will be better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #2885  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
So here's how I know I've spent too much time on the SA thread. Spencer is starting to recognize all of your avatars. He especially loves Rhonda and Amy for some reason. No offense to the rest of you, but every time I get on, he asks where's Rhonda and Amy.
That is SO CUTE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #2886  
Crimping Master

Oops! One more thing - I placed my preorder Monday morning, didn't expedite, and it shipped today! Yay!

G'night, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 AM   #2887  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Eating my oatmeal and catching up with you all. Am I the only East Coaster on here? I think so. Doesn't help that I like to go to bed early. I need my sleep!

My back is killing me after yesterday. And today is the last "warm" day, so I need to clean out the garage today and move stuff around so I can move the snowblower to the front. Once the ex moved out, the other bay became a kids toy dumping ground, which was fine. But, needs to be cleaned now. Shouldn't take too long, if I do it myself while the kids are in school. If I do it with them, they'll want to play with everything.

They were so excited to see the lights on when they came back from their dad's. Drew was so excited this a.m. too - he ran right to the front to look at the candy cane lights. I hope to do the tree tonight.

Tomorrow they go to their dad's for the weekend. I am hosting scrapbooking here. I need to think of a yummy snack. Something hot I think - a dip with chips? Plus chocolate, of course. And wine. Lots of wine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #2888  
Pearl-ExPert

Me too Jen.. I'm in NY Good AM everyone.. My boys have a half a day today and tomorrow so I will have a full house soon.. Have to get up and see if I can clean up some before they get back.. I have to work on some more Christmas cards.. HMMM Have to pack stuff to mail out and I am getting an order from SU today but not mine but never the less its SU! lol.. I can't wait till next week when it will be my goodies coming YEAHHHH I actually have to order some supplies that I need but don't know if I should order.. we shall see (even though it would be next week some time that I would place the order)

Well let me get moving and finish my blog hopping.. and get some breakfast for Gabi and me.. Hmm Jen you are wayyy ahead of the game I have NOTHING.. and I just remembered we need to get new ornaments for the tree because They are nowhere to be found.. hmmm (We were moving stuff & I KNOW even though he said no that Hubby threw it away.. grrrr... I should surprise the boys as I have some decorations for the windows and put those up for them.. hmmm yes I'll do that..

Off I go!

HUGS to everyone

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #2889  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning. I some how managed to get a fake virus that's very real on my computer so I am using my very old lap top this morning until I can figure out how to get the other one working. What a pain. My DH will not be happy if I can't get it fixed myself before he gets home tomorrow.

Spencer has not been sleeping well with DH gone. He cries in the night and gets up. Yesterday morning, he was asleep on the floor in the hall outside my door. I think I finally figured out last night that he is worried that DH isn't coming back since his "old dad" got sent to prison and didn't come back. Poor guy.

I know I've been saying this for days, all my elf gifts are finally done. Just getting them packaged and then they will be off for a ride.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #2890  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Paula! {{Hugs}} for you and for Spencer! Good luck with your computer. I *hate* computer problems. They make me so cranky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #2891  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

So here's how I know I've spent too much time on the SA thread. Spencer is starting to recognize all of your avatars. He especially loves Rhonda and Amy for some reason. No offense to the rest of you, but every time I get on, he asks where's Rhonda and Amy.
that is so cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #2892  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Morning. I some how managed to get a fake virus that's very real on my computer so I am using my very old lap top this morning until I can figure out how to get the other one working. What a pain. My DH will not be happy if I can't get it fixed myself before he gets home tomorrow.

Spencer has not been sleeping well with DH gone. He cries in the night and gets up. Yesterday morning, he was asleep on the floor in the hall outside my door. I think I finally figured out last night that he is worried that DH isn't coming back since his "old dad" got sent to prison and didn't come back. Poor guy.
Hi Paula- poor little man.. time will heal this thankfully.. but it will take time. I want to reach through the computer and hug him!

Paula and All- do you have a facebook account? there is a terrible virus going around in Facebook email that asks you to update your flash player and it's actually a virus..

so ladies watch what emails you open! I got the email from a friend and it said "check out this video from a long time ago" so of course.. I click on it.. then my Norton went crazy so I stopped! It was from "YuoTube" (instead of "youtube")

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #2893  
Mad Swapper

another day... another elfie gift done.. so much fun. one more to go into the big box! just gotta start getting everything wrapped!

so I went through my pile of christmas presents last night.. I am only like 10% done! how the heck did that happen! I have a lot of cybershopping to do! yikes!

hope you all have a great day!
L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #2894  
Mad Swapper

Oh and Ellie- love those cards.. hope you don't mind if I "case" I have oodles of the round coasters at home and this card would work lovely with them.. and get them used up a bit!

thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #2895  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
Hi Paula- poor little man.. time will heal this thankfully.. but it will take time. I want to reach through the computer and hug him!

Paula and All- do you have a facebook account? there is a terrible virus going around in Facebook email that asks you to update your flash player and it's actually a virus..

so ladies watch what emails you open! I got the email from a friend and it said "check out this video from a long time ago" so of course.. I click on it.. then my Norton went crazy so I stopped! It was from "YuoTube" (instead of "youtube")

That is exactly what happened to my computer. For some reason, my McAfee found it and says it took care of it, but my browsers aren't working and I keep getting the pop up windows that go with the virus. I've updated McAfee and run a scan twice and still nothing. Not sure what the next step is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #2896  
Hardware Hotshot

And I am blaming it on my dyslexia that I didn't catch the yuotube instead of youtube. I'm usually so careful about these things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #2897  
Hardware Hotshot

Any one else having trouble logging on to Stampin' Up this morning? My browser times out. Not sure whether to blame the laptop or SU. But aren't we blaming SU for everything this week?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #2898  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Any one else having trouble logging on to Stampin' Up this morning? My browser times out. Not sure whether to blame the laptop or SU. But aren't we blaming SU for everything this week?
I got in from work with no issue.. but you can blame SU if you want! I do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #2899  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

That is exactly what happened to my computer. For some reason, my McAfee found it and says it took care of it, but my browsers aren't working and I keep getting the pop up windows that go with the virus. I've updated McAfee and run a scan twice and still nothing. Not sure what the next step is.
unfortunately, my one friend ended up having to rebuild his hard drive.. but I don't know. so glad I had updated my Nortons.. cuz I opened that on my brand new laptop.. i would have been heartbroken if something happened it isn't even a week old yet!

best of luck paula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #2900  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Sorry Paula...I got right in to SU! (well, after I typed my demo ID and password instead of my library card and name! ) Hugs to Spencer and to you...I hope your computer problems can be solved quickly....I don't know any helpful information though. I can totally see not noticing that!

I hear you on the shopping Liz...we're in the same boat....Our babysitter is coming tomorrow night though, so we can go out to eat and then to shop. I've done most of my mother's shopping but not much for ours.

A yummy warm snack Jen....hmmm....I'd probably stop by our mexican place here for chips, queso and salsa. Or what about baked brie in puffed pastry with apples?

Tonight I'm serving the peanut butter Christmas mice cookies and triscuits with pepper jelly and cream cheese.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #2901  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Blame SU! I am having trouble too!!

So you go away for a couple of days and there is just too much to catch up with!!!

I have been extremely busy with my kids. They need to be in multiple places at the same times. I have recruited my parents and still its crazy.

My little guy ( cuddled up to me this morning and wanted to stay with me. He was so very sweet I almost wanted to let him, but thought better of it and sent him to school.

I decided to make Christmas cards but haven't started. I figure if I do it next week all the sort of local people will get them before Christmas and all my USA/Out of Province family & friends might not but they will understand, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #2902  
Hardware Hotshot

Finally got into Stampin' Up. I must be in a whiny mood today. Sorry about that. But I have one more. I was naughty last week and in my rush to get my club/Holiday Extravaganza order in, I didn't take prepayment on the orders. There is only one that is giving me a headache. When she placed the order I asked her if she wanted me to put it on her card that I have on file. And she said no. Today when I sent her the reminder email, she told me to put it on her card! I just sent her a message back telling her that ship has sailed, but it just bugs me a bit. OK, done venting now. I promise all of my other posts will be happy today!

All that yummy food sounds good to me. How about hot artichoke and spinach dip with bread or chips.

Last edited by scrapshappen; 12-04-2008 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #2903  
Stampin' Fool

I just got on to SU! too! I finally could do my pre-order. 3 to 4 picking days! Oh well, I'm not in a great rush. I will have everything in plenty of time for the SA swap!! Need to do Christmas cards first!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #2904  
Crimping Master

Oh, you guys are making me hungry! I love brie, I love artichoke dip, I love spinach dip . . . Come to think of it, there aren't very many foods I don't love!

Oh, Paula, you can whine all you want - that's what we're here for! And that story about your little guy just tore at my heart - can you just imagine what he has been through? Bless his heart! And bless you and your DH for, truly, giving him a home and a life!

Rhonda, I'd sure like to have the peanut butter and Christmas mice recipe - sounds yumy!

Playing hookie from my job this morning and making more Holiday planners! I'm bad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #2905  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, taking all these boxes up and down the stairs is better than any workout at the gym! Can't clean the garage as it's drizzling and yucky out. guess I will have to brave the cold one day. Cold is better than rain for that though...I'll be inspired to move quickly and get it done!

Poor Spencer. My heart just tugs for him. I am sure he will be so excited when your DH comes home! Bless his little heart. The poor guy has been through so much. Thank goodness he has a good, loving home. I bet you can't wait for Christmas this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #2906  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, down in the basement I found a box full of 45s and LPs and DuranDuran concert books!! What a trip down memory lane. I can't bear to toss that stuff. Today when I do the tree, I get to put a box aside of "his" ornaments. Thank goodness, I can sort them in peace without him grabbing what he wants. In spite of what a jerk he has been and may still be, at least he's being reasonable on some things like that. There has been no fighting over household items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #2907  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks all for listening. I just feel better getting it off my chest and now my DH doesn't have to listen to it.

I am backing up all my files right now on my main computer in case we end up wiping it and starting over. At least I can access them. My computer forensic DH is going to be so disappointed in me. (hanging head in shame). I really do know better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #2908  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

HOW FUNNY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #2909  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
That is so cool! Are you coming, too? Ohmygosh, wouldn't it be great to have a SA sister in the same town?!
No, in this economy we have no chance of selling this house and the job is only 4 years. Who knows where he will go after that. Have I mentioned that I AM NEVER MOVING AGAIN unless SOMEONE ELSE does it for me? Nope. Not happening. LOL!.

I will be coming down to visit tho.... I mean who can resist San Diego?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #2910  

Quote:

I am backing up all my files right now on my main computer in case we end up wiping it and starting over. At least I can access them. My computer forensic DH is going to be so disappointed in me. (hanging head in shame). I really do know better.
Bleh. So do I, but those weaselbutts that write viruses are pretty sneaky. Luckily, I haven't opened anything my PCcillin didn't catch in several years, but I know it will probably happen again someday. I also invested in an external HD and an awesome backup program that just backs up my selected folders for me all throughout the day. Then I have an older, smaller external HD that I will turn on once a month or so and back my photos up onto, so I have double backups of those. Not paranoid at all....... nooooooo..... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #2911  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
Bleh. So do I, but those weaselbutts that write viruses are pretty sneaky. Luckily, I haven't opened anything my PCcillin didn't catch in several years, but I know it will probably happen again someday. I also invested in an external HD and an awesome backup program that just backs up my selected folders for me all throughout the day. Then I have an older, smaller external HD that I will turn on once a month or so and back my photos up onto, so I have double backups of those. Not paranoid at all....... nooooooo..... LOL!
I am the exact same way.. I would rather spend the money and have all the extra backups.. then cry when I don't have my pictures or music!

I have one that I backup every other month or so and put back in the safe deposit box! that's how a*#! I am!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #2912  
Hardware Hotshot

I always have good intentions, especially about pictures, but it doesn't happen often enough. Now I have all my pics and music on my external drive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #2913  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, in my basement cleaning expedition, I found all the Christmas presents I've bought over the year and they're all piled up. Um, I have enough for the next 2 Christmases!!! So, some will be put away (hopefully where I can find them) for their upcoming birthdays and Easter. Geesh. It feels soooo good to be cleaning and getting rid of stuff. You really couldn't walk in the basement, and you still can't, but the progress is totally visible. The only problem is the boys can't go down there now, since all the gifts are sitting out! Luckily they are good boys and (usually) listen to Mom! Santa is watching!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #2914  
Stazon Splitcoast

Seriously, talk about hoarding, I don't think I've ever thrown anything away! Now, if I can get rid of all the baby stuff to my brother, I'll be in action!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #2915  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tree is up!!!!

Woo Hoo!! I managed to lug the very heavy box up from the basement and we assembled it all by ourselves! I am woman!!

Next to test the lights! I am sippin a glass of wine - my reward for a job well done! And I don't feel melancholy at all. I am happy! No one is fighting or arguing. The STBX was so darn negative about everything holiday related.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #2916  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!

I love to organize ~ I love to rearrange things cause then I can clean and organize ~ and would even help pack for moving...but actually moving - leave it to the guys for the heavy work. I pack everything, no loose items to just toss in. When I met DH I was moving and he helped. He was really impressed that all there was for the "movers" to do was move things. Wish I had been closer to my mom and dad when they moved last year, it would have been so much better.

Paula - my heart goes out to Spencer. Warn DH that when he gets home he may have a clingy little one. It will improve over time as DH travels and keeps coming home. {hugs} to you too. I hope your computer issues aren't too bad.

Erin, you are such a busy girl! I wouldn't worry about sending cards that may be late, send away. I get cards every year late, sometimes after New Year's. I have one friend who I honestly think goes out the day after Christmas to get her cards on clearance, but cannot see far enough ahead to buy two boxes, and then have one for next year to send on time.LOL.

It tried to snow this morning, but no such luck. I love having a white Christmas.

Just got off the phone with a friend - while I was unpacking my new goodies from SU - and then it dawns on me she is calling in the middle of the day...she got laid off yesterday. That really bites, they are not in as good a position as we are and will not be able to go on the couples retreat in January with us now. Totally bums out my DH too, the guys were planning on snowmobiling while we went shopping. And Yippie - I get to work tomorrow morning. So far I have 11.5 hours this week. So hoping for at least 4 tomorrow. I have started with year end stuff already for something to do. And since I will be off from the 24th Dec until the 5th of Jan (except to come in and do payroll on the 30th) it will be good to get started on it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #2917  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Tree is up!!!!

Woo Hoo!! I managed to lug the very heavy box up from the basement and we assembled it all by ourselves! I am woman!!

Next to test the lights! I am sippin a glass of wine - my reward for a job well done! And I don't feel melancholy at all. I am happy! No one is fighting or arguing. The STBX was so darn negative about everything holiday related.
Go you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #2918  
Pearl-ExPert

Off to call DH to bring me home a bigger shipping box...the SU one I got today is not big enough for what I need to send.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #2919  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

I am learning to love organizing too! I love Peter Walsh and he is so right. What the heck have I been holding on to all these years? It's so freeing! And actually I do have a lot of stuff saved - being a teacher in a poor district does that - you save everything - but really when I look at it it's not really that bad IF it was organized!! I am getting rid of Christmas stuff I never use too. Very, very freeing!! I am lovin' it!! I have been doing the Fly Lady a little too. I'm suppossed to be posting the pounds of garbage I am getting rid of, but it's all too heavy to weigh with me standing on a scale and besides, who wants to know what they weigh in December??!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #2920  
Pearl-ExPert

LOL Jen - who wants to know what they weigh ever! Good for you. I watched my mom keep everything and finally when I moved back home at 22 and there was no room for me, I talked her into a garage sale. The mess we made "cleaning" and sorting made my dad laugh at us, but after the first day of the sale and $ she made he started going through his stuff too. They did quite a hall for that sale. We did it again when they moved back from CO. Very freeing indeed. She still had wedding gifts in the box, never used! They had been married 25 years! I have lived several places and everytime I moved I got rid of stuff. Amazing how easy it is to amass stuff. If I challenged myself to not buy a single thing for stamping or crafting until I actually ran out I bet I could make it a year - except maybe adhesive (that I could last a few months though I bet). That stuff I am bad about. But I have even taught DH to purge his collections of stuff now and then.
Reply With Quote Likes