Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #2841  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1itcher46View Post
Liz - On the news they interviewed an Ariens dealer here in Green Bay and he stated the manufacturer would not be making snowblower engine parts. Snowblowers are already back ordered and will not be readily available. At the start of Winter! Last year, blowers, shovel and salt were not to be found after Feb here.
well that's not the best news ever! we better get ours quick then! I about broke my back shoveling that heavy stuff on Monday!

I'm with Ellie. Ice scares me.. I don't like landing on my duff! nor do I like driving in it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #2842  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Here is a link to the card my sister is making for Christmas with her girls photo. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.a...out_id=1417071

The 13 YO is very independent and wants to be a lawyer. She is good arguer so maybe...
The 9YO (almost 10 as I can hear her say...January), she is the diva.
very cute!

i was a diva at 9 as well.. I don't think I turned out too bad.. he he..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #2843  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Ali got the gift of argument from her daddy and it's fun to get her going. She is something, quick too. Being only 13 I can't wait to hear what she wants to be next year.
Ram is 10 and I don't know where he gets it from... lol my mom says its from me.. and I'm like WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT GASP.. no way that is not me sometimes I'm like AHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY just go cause he can go at it forever! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #2844  
Mad Swapper

DH seems to be feeling better today, which is a releif because I have to go to work tomorrow! I think the hardest part is trying to explain to our 3 year old that daddy can't pick her up or really play with her right now. She understands that he has a "band aid" on but she doesn't really get that he can't do the things she is accostumed to.

I did have DH get all our christmas stuff down from the attic before the surgery, so I am hoping to get our Christmas stuff up this weekend. We are hit and miss on the outside lights. This year looks like a miss. But that is ok!

I am on the fence about snow. I have always been someone that has loved every season. That is why I like Indiana so much, we have all four seasons and they each have something beautiful to bring. However, when my communte to work is already 45 minutes and you add snow to that mix, it can be a nightmare. Granted I only do it 2 days a week now, but I used to be 5 days and I am sure there will be a time in the future it will be back to 5. It has taken me over 3 hours to get home before in a snow storm. Now we do not get as much as say Minnesota (hey Lisa!) or North Dakota (where DH is from), so I can live with it for the most part. What bugs me is that we rarely have it for Christmas and that is when I really want it. Enough of that!

I just got an email that my preview order shipped! Yay! It will arrive Monday! That is fast for me. The order I placed last Wednesday isn't scheduled to arrive until this Friday!

Jen - You better be careful!

Ellie - I hope you are feeling better!

Missi - Hope your final went well!

Paula - dinner without desert, how can that be? I think that is illegal in some states Glad it went well though!

Pamela - What time did you get up?! All that done before 10:30 a.m. I would guess you got up at 4 am!!

Kim - glad your shoveling is over, for now! Be careful getting out your Christmas boxes!!

Amy - Glad you are feeling better and congrats on your card buffet!

I've got to go find something to get checked off my to do list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #2845  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I would love to have a dog again, but DH and I cannot seem to agree on many aspects of that and he is allergic to a lot of them. Cats are out for his allergies and I am not a cat person. Funny, cause all the friends I have with cats, their cats always come to me when I am there. Even the ones who are anti-social. My BFF laughs and says I really am a cat person, just don't know it yet .

Kim, glad the snowblowing went well and you are feeling good afterward! I don't have to shovel or blow myself, so I don't mind it at all. DH has a plow on the pickup and a bobcat. I sit inside and watch out the window with my cocoa.
Lisa- same for me.. I am terribly allergic to cats. I go by someone's house who has one and they love to be by me. I like em.. my nose doesn't!

With the trips that you and DH do, it would be hard for you to have a dog wouldn't it? or do you have someone that would take care of it while you travel? This is always a problem for us. We are fortunate that one of our neighbors gladly takes care of them, but we don't like to bother her all the time.

i love my pups though. wouldn't trade em for a million bucks. they light up my day when i come home from work... no matter how crappy my day was, I always get some love from the "girls".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #2846  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post

I am on the fence about snow. I have always been someone that has loved every season. That is why I like Indiana so much, we have all four seasons and they each have something beautiful to bring. However, when my communte to work is already 45 minutes and you add snow to that mix, it can be a nightmare. Granted I only do it 2 days a week now, but I used to be 5 days and I am sure there will be a time in the future it will be back to 5. It has taken me over 3 hours to get home before in a snow storm. Now we do not get as much as say Minnesota (hey Lisa!) or North Dakota (where DH is from), so I can live with it for the most part. What bugs me is that we rarely have it for Christmas and that is when I really want it. Enough of that!

!
Crissy- I went to school at Ball State in Muncie and Butler in Indy.. my experience with winter in Central Indiana was ICE. lots of ice storms and icy streets.. not quite cold enough for lots of snow.. I would practically slide my way to classes! ha ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #2847  
Mad Swapper

funny thread.. if you want a giggle..

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=402061
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #2848  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Here is a link to the card my sister is making for Christmas with her girls photo. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.a...out_id=1417071

The 13 YO is very independent and wants to be a lawyer. She is good arguer so maybe...
Beautiful girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #2849  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
Crissy- I went to school at Ball State in Muncie and Butler in Indy.. my experience with winter in Central Indiana was ICE. lots of ice storms and icy streets.. not quite cold enough for lots of snow.. I would practically slide my way to classes! ha ha!
I had a friend that went to Ball State for a semester and then the partying got to him so he moved home.

That is so true about the ice! One year we had this great ice storm and my dh and I drove down to Brown County State park, it was so beautiful. Everything was white and because of the ice the trees were just glissening. I guess as long as I don't have to drive in it to work, then I'm ok..ha ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #2850  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I would love to have a dog again, but DH and I cannot seem to agree on many aspects of that and he is allergic to a lot of them. Cats are out for his allergies and I am not a cat person. Funny, cause all the friends I have with cats, their cats always come to me when I am there. Even the ones who are anti-social. My BFF laughs and says I really am a cat person, just don't know it yet .

Amy, glad to hear you are feeling better today and Yippie on the buffet! That had to help on the preview order

Kim, glad the snowblowing went well and you are feeling good afterward! I don't have to shovel or blow myself, so I don't mind it at all. DH has a plow on the pickup and a bobcat. I sit inside and watch out the window with my cocoa.

Same thing happens to me!! In fact, I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday, as she just adopted a new cat. She said, it's because cats know we don't like them, so they act all nice to try and win us over. I agree. Everytime I walk in a room, the antisocial cats jump onto my lap and start purring. I would like cats if they didn't shed and climb on counters. Yuck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #2851  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, the outside lights are done. Everything is working except the very last row of candy cane lights I did. Bummer - figures the last one. But, it's starting to get dark and cold, so I'll deal with it tomorrow. My brain is done anyway. I think I crunched one of the lights inside them when I was nailing them in. The ex came for the kids and ended up doing the top row of lights. I let him - he doesn't need a stepstool and I would. I did everything else. Funny how he never cared to help when he was living here. My new next door neighbor was outside, so I met her, but it was kind of creepy. She just stood and fed her baby and watched me the entire time. I could feel her staring. She said it looked nice, but I don't know, felt weird. I gave her a zucchini bread and my number and said hello and chatted for 10 minutes, but I needed to get everything done!! KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #2852  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a dog person...used to have one. I like the idea of a dog, but you know who takes care of it...ME!! I have enough to take care of...maybe in several years. I had a rescue Bichon. She was so cute. And mischievious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #2853  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's starting to feel a bit like the holiday season with the lights up and on outside. Now, the tree tomorrow and I'll feel sooo much better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #2854  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
funny thread.. if you want a giggle..

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=402061
Liz! you said giggle, not ROFLMA spew on the monitor funny! I need to find a towel for my laptop...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #2855  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
Beautiful girls!
Thank you. Although I cannot take any credit or blame for them...my sister swears she is being punished somehow for me cause the 13YO is a lot like me. LOL! She has some of my traits, but I do believe that is natural for the oldest, such as myself. We have lots of laughs over it all.

They are both very good kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #2856  
Pearl-ExPert

Crissy, I hear ya on the commuting in the weather. I did that for many years. I quit my last job the Friday before Christmas and was so happy on the next workday when it snowed and I did not have to go anywhere - it was an hour on a good day - on a snow day, it could be up to 3! So glad I work only 8 miles from home now and it is rural. I could ride the snowmobile to work if I had to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #2857  
Stazon Splitcoast

Very funny - as I just went bra shopping. WTH? What's up with all these new fabrics? Nothing in my old style at all. I don't know which is worst: bra shopping, jeans shopping or the gyn......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #2858  
Pearl-ExPert

What are you girls up to over here! All this talk about bras! lol.. hmm I actually need some new ones too.. hmmm I love going to Kmart they always have just what I want and need and I'm out! lol..

GUESS WHAT.. I finally started my Christmas cards! YIPPPEEE... want to see...

These are only the first 6 I've made you want to see them closer go to my blog OHH SOOO HAPPY.. and they are so easy to make I shocked myself why did I think I had to go all out to have it look nice.. I DID IT.. sniff,sniff.. my first Christmas cards.. sniff,sniff.. WOW.. Wait did I make some last year.. hmm OH I DID but I only made a few but not like I will make this year so this is the real first year! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #2859  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Very funny - as I just went bra shopping. WTH? What's up with all these new fabrics? Nothing in my old style at all. I don't know which is worst: bra shopping, jeans shopping or the gyn......
LOL! I think it's a toss up. They must all be conspiring with each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #2860  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapbookmama_14View Post
What are you girls up to over here! All this talk about bras! lol.. hmm I actually need some new ones too.. hmmm I love going to Kmart they always have just what I want and need and I'm out! lol..

These are only the first 6 I've made you want to see them closer go to my blog OHH SOOO HAPPY.. and they are so easy to make I shocked myself why did I think I had to go all out to have it look nice.. I DID IT.. sniff,sniff.. my first Christmas cards.. sniff,sniff.. WOW.. Wait did I make some last year.. hmm OH I DID but I only made a few but not like I will make this year so this is the real first year! lol

-Ellie

They are beautiful Ellie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #2861  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

LOL! I think it's a toss up. They must all be conspiring with each other.
Yes, I think so. Add the dentist too.

Beautiful cards, Ellie! And Lisa - your sister's too. I'm sad I'm not making my own this year, but it would cause too much stress for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #2862  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I am hosting the Moms' Club cookie swap this year and I am soooo excited!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #2863  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Cute nieces Lisa!

Congrats on the order Amy...glad you're feeling better!

Great job getting the lights up Jen! (sorry your neighbor is weird....she might have been standing there concerned for your safety/that you might fall?)

Gorgeous cards Ellie!

I've made some progress, but not enough....back to the grindstone as soon as I make some peanut butter Christmas mice.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #2864  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
Is that the "Tule Fog"? I used to consult to a facility in Kingsburg, and I had to drive through Tule Fog to get there - scary! (But the sweetest little nursing home in the whole wide world!)
That would be it. Hey, Pamela - I'm sending my DH to live in SD this spring.... he will be there at Pt Loma for about 4 years.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #2865  

Quote:

that's a WAY CUTE card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #2866  

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Would you believe I just submitted my preview order? And I DIDN'T expedite! Now you know how sick I was. LOL
I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #2867  

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1itcher46View Post
Oh I'm so sorry Lisa. He had such a great cat personality. I liked your stories about his adventures in your craft area. I always try to do a rescue pet purchase when we go pet shopping. I like that , well here, it involves spaying and nuetering. Too many pound pets out there already. Our "pup" as she still doesn't act old enough for 11, we got from someone who had her in a large palstic kennel 20 hours out of every day. She was a chewer for them. She's such a lovey dog, only ate one chair leg after we got her. The vet has already talked to us about her aging. I don't think I'd want to go through training another puppy.
All my girls have been rescue/shelter cats or, in the case of Taz and Aspen, from a neighbor's litter (that would have ended up in the shelter). I won't get another kitten. I am SO not kitten-proofing my house. I haven't had to do that in 15 years. Not gonna happen. LOL! Besides, the grown ones are usually harder to find homes for anyway.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #2868  

Quote:

Same thing happens to me!! In fact, I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday, as she just adopted a new cat. She said, it's because cats know we don't like them, so they act all nice to try and win us over. I agree. Everytime I walk in a room, the antisocial cats jump onto my lap and start purring. I would like cats if they didn't shed and climb on counters. Yuck.
LOL! I have only had one that ever got up on the counter and we actually used that to our advantage since we had a HORRIBLE problem with ants in that apartment.... we put her food on top of the fridge and she would go up there to eat and the ants never got it. LOVED THAT. She never got on the counter in our duplex after that though. probably cuz our kitchen there was so tiny there wasn't much counter. The previous place had a HUGE pass thru counter to the dining room. Taz and Aspen never got up on the counter here either, but again, not much counter space in our kitchen in this house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #2869  

Quote:

I am a dog person...used to have one. I like the idea of a dog, but you know who takes care of it...ME!! I have enough to take care of...maybe in several years. I had a rescue Bichon. She was so cute. And mischievious!
I debated a dog when I put Taz down. First, we have a back yard the size of a postage stamp, so it would have to be a SMALL dog. Which DH does not consider a "DOG". Second, I really don't want to pick up poop. We have mostly concrete and a patch of artificial grass out there. I just don't want to be on poop patrol. The litterbox is my limit.... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #2870  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapbookmama_14View Post
HUSH YOU! My level of "started" means that there are 24 pieces of Baja Breeze that have been scored and folded and stamped with the Canvas BG in whisper white. Oh, and I punched out 72 snowflakes. Whoop de doo..... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #2871  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am debating between sending just a photo card (if we can get a great shot of all 6 kids LOL) or using my swaps. It all just seems like too much this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #2872  
Hardware Hotshot

So here's how I know I've spent too much time on the SA thread. Spencer is starting to recognize all of your avatars. He especially loves Rhonda and Amy for some reason. No offense to the rest of you, but every time I get on, he asks where's Rhonda and Amy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #2873  
Hardware Hotshot

And he gets really excited when he sees my posts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #2874  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awwww. LOL My 4yo loves to "see Mom" on the internet, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #2875  
Pearl-ExPert

I am using swap cards for Christmas first, then we'll see how many more I need.

Now off to find a shipping box...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #2876  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hi Spencer!

My Emma likes the avatars with animals Paula......Sara isn't as aware yet. Yep, she only notices me. I think she thinks I'm on TV.

I have about 93 to send....and I have 93 cards and card fronts--either my own (over 1/2 of course) or swaps so I just need to be sure I don't send someone their own card back and then get with it. (I have all 35 of the challenge chasers cards addressed and stamped.) Oh, no, do I have to stop making Christmas cards for the challenges now??? ack!

You all don't have to worry, you're getting non-Christmas/business useful (I hope) cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #2877  
Gallery Gazer

Well now that I am walking like my grandfather (all hunched over) from hauling stuff in and out of the crawl space. I'm too tired to decorate! I have to put something up for this weekend's holiday event.

The cards are both so lovely. I really enjoy the cards form friends with family photos. Except ex sister in law. They always look like they need a dose of prune juice. I better get cracking on mine, cards, not prune juice. lol

Amy if it's hard to get them all together you could phtoshop them in. With digital scrapbooking and all, out there for us to use. I remember a Mash show where the the commander (Harry Morgan character) painted staff one at a time in one painting. Can't remember if it was they couldn't pose together due to arguing or too busy a mash unit. That show is still a good watch. It's weird when I watch an old show and they don't use cell phones. I watched part of a Wayans brother show at supper, they kept using the pay phone. I'm not sure those exist anymore.

I have to say I love how the snow looks but we are due for another storm Sat. Weather guy said we'll have a foot fo snow by the end of that storm. The cold air takes my breath away. So sometimes I can't be outside. I've been know to put one of those shake and heat packs in my scarf by my neck when I have to go somewhere in the cold.

I used to drive 20 miles highway for a previous job, hated it in the icey weather. Now my son works in that area and has to make that drive. His shift ends at 11 pm so I've been staying up in case he calls and says he's in the ditch. There is a stretch 3/4 mile, really know for ice build up.

Hmm if my ex offered to help do something for me, (divorced 18 years but still have to be aware of games) I would need to ask what he wants. Nice your ex helped you Jen. Maybe your neighbor is envious that you have lights up.

Off to cruise the gallery. I have an idea for my swap card so I have to stay away from flower galleries so it doesn't morph into something from my subconcious. Oh yeah, It's the 4th tomorrow my order will be here. Okay I expidited, I hate to wait for new stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #2878  
Mad Swapper

Oh, man! I have missed you guys today! Seems like I have been running since I got up. And now everyone's gone to bed and I'll be posting to myself. Oh well.

It's great to have my DD home, but she is a little shell-shocked, I think. There's a lot more noise here than she is used to. She even complains about the bird - which I never hear LOL!

I think I have my pre-order finalized. I always end up second guessing myself, wondering, wondering. Oh well. I did end up ordering 3 packs of the new floral DSP (hoarding instinct!!!!).

I guess I need to go to bed myself. I've read thru all the comments and there is lots that I could comment back on, but please know that I love y'all and appreciate that there is a place to check in to every day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #2879  
Mad Swapper

Kim, we must have been typing at the same time. Glad to see you back here! I'm jealous of the expediting. I'm going to have to use that extra $20 for Christmas! (That's almost another Wii control LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #2880  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good night, Kathy! Maybe you'll get an extra dose of patience for tomorrow.

Kim--I remember that episode! LOL Hope you get feeling better by morning.
Reply With Quote Likes