Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #2681  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A.J. is into Bon Jovi too and can sing a lot of their songs (It's my Life is his favorite) and can recognize a Bon Jovi song as soon as it comes on.

For some reason, the Utah Jazz have picked "Raise Your Hands" as one of their songs this year and they play a commercial during the games that show players and fans raising their hands. The first time I really noticed it was during the New Jersey game the other night. I found that a little ironic.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #2682  
Mad Swapper

i LOVE to rock out to Bon Jovi in my car. the BEST car trip music... oh and that man is NOT bad to look at all. I don't know if you realize this.. but Jon BJ is very philanthropic. He has given so much back to his home town and to other communities. It's nice to see a celebrity do good things. on top of which.. he's been married for how many years? that never happens with celebs.. anyway.. I think you get the picture. I like Jon Bon Jovi.

Jen- sounds like you had a pretty good time after all! so glad! I missed my 10 yr reunion.. not so sure if there is a 15 yr one! we'll see if I go!

Amy- Sounds like you need a massage. It will be the best money you ever spent.. I went for one in England last time. best $100 ever for 1 1/2 hours. spent time in the steam "box" afterwards.. cleaned my sinuses and my skin. it was fantastic.. only good thing about going back to England in a week or two!

headed home from work to finish my elfie gifts and work in the stamp room a bit.. hope you all have a great evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #2683  
Stazon Splitcoast

A massage is totally on my list. :-) Just have to find time to fit it in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #2684  
Die Cut Diva

Oh man, I had a whole page practically typed out and lost it! Hate it when that happens! Grrrr!!!

Amy, I hope the Advair works for you. My mom did not have any luck with it herself. Keep that Chiro in mind if you back pain persists. Hope you are feeling better today!

Pamela, glad you are having more time to stamp and join us. So nice when those job things are working out well for us all.

Kathy, yea on finding the Wii! Everyone I know that has one really enjoys it.

Jen, sounds like you had an interesting time. I know I wouldn't go to a class reunion myself, but I never had the choice, my class hasn't had one! I supposed they won't after 23/4 years.

Paula, hope your day has improved...you sounded a little stressed earlier. Did you finally get to see all the previews?

Crissy, you just take that swap! Speaking of...did we want to do a 2 for swap one for catalog and one for SAB or just one for all the previews? Chime in ladies now that we have seen...

My vote is just for one...I really was not jazzed about much except for the bees! LOL!!! That one is a must on my list beeing "bee" is a nickname for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #2685  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I vote for just one, because I won't be preordering any SAB sets. I will earn the couple that I want. I usually wait until SAB to put in my new cattie order too. I like to be frugal. I can justify ordering a set for this preview swap, because I put on my khakis today - probably first time I wore them this year - and I found $30!!! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #2686  
Die Cut Diva

Preview review:
Petal Pizazz - like a couple of the flowers, but more flowers...
Just Buzzin - says buy me, for me
Thank You - nice idea, elegant, not sure how much I would actually use it
Sweet Stems - more flowers
Game Night - where's the poker chips, also with ya on the alternating the suits...okay, but not what I look for for cards or even my scrapbooks
Hardware - so so
Jackpot DSP - still no poker chips...but good with the stamp set
Raspberry DSP - not jazzin' me...but DSP must be seen IRL to get me going most of the time...do like their presentation of the sides
Embosslit - exclusive (assuming) will probably get

L2 - nice variety, none screams buy me or have to get. Again more flowers, like the Echoes...Little Something for punches is good for upselling, but leaning towards the Rooster myself
L3 - Haven't found a bundle yet I have to get...not into rub-ons...this one has potential though. The all occassion sets never get used much by me. And then there is more flowers, but mom loves hummingbirds...is kinda scary now that someone mentioned it...

SAB
Congrats - useful and will get
Yummy - not so much me, do like the corner swishy, but...
Delicate DSP - will get
Polka Dot Punches - great for upsell, but for me, not so much
Botanical - more flowers, but I do like this style...watercolor 2 step
Ribbons - will get

Won't pre-order any SAB as I usually get an abundance of them earned anyway...none of them screams "you must have me now!"

Just my 2 cents. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #2687  
Die Cut Diva

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Well, I vote for just one, because I won't be preordering any SAB sets. I will earn the couple that I want. I usually wait until SAB to put in my new cattie order too. I like to be frugal. I can justify ordering a set for this preview swap, because I put on my khakis today - probably first time I wore them this year - and I found $30!!! Yay!
Now doesn't that just make your day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #2688  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
A massage is totally on my list. :-) Just have to find time to fit it in!
Don't forget to cover up those undies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #2689  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #2690  
Glitter Guru

My day is going a little better. Not sure what to do with a 5 year old who no form a discipline will work on. Let's see, we've tried time outs, restricting privileges (no TV, no Wii, no friends, no treats), spanking (which I swore I would never do) and rewarding good behavior and so far nothing works. On Saturday morning we had a family meeting to clarify the rules in our house and set consequences for breaking the rules and both boys agreed to be better, and it lasted for a couple of hours. This morning, he was playing with matches again!

OK. So there is my mommy vent for the day. His teacher says he is doing fine in school, no worse than any of the other boys there so that is a relief at least.

And I'm a little frustrated that my inlaws won't commit to come for Christmas. When A.J. arrived, they came the next weekend and then again about two months later. I know their circumstances have changed since then but really. My FIL is on disability and my MIL works in the schools and has three weeks off. Couldn't they come meet their new grandson! My parents are serving a mission for our church and can't come. So Spencer hasn't met any of his new grandparents.

I think I have the Monday grumpies and PMS!

I do feel better now that I've vented!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #2691  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I just was greeted by my naked 4 year old!!! He wants to play the computer.....naked. Hhhhmmm, do we think he or me will be in therapy about this first? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #2692  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, boy, all you ladies with the bee set. I'm doomed.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #2693  
Glitter Guru

And now I can't get Bon Jovi's "Raise your Hands" out of my head.

Too funny Jen about your son. I see I am not the only one with mischievous kids.

And I didn't vote before, but I won't be pre-ordering SAB sets either. So I vote for a swap that includes anything from any of the previews (preorder/hostess/valentines bundle/SAB).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #2694  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
My day is going a little better. Not sure what to do with a 5 year old who no form a discipline will work on. Let's see, we've tried time outs, restricting privileges (no TV, no Wii, no friends, no treats), spanking (which I swore I would never do) and rewarding good behavior and so far nothing works. On Saturday morning we had a family meeting to clarify the rules in our house and set consequences for breaking the rules and both boys agreed to be better, and it lasted for a couple of hours. This morning, he was playing with matches again!

OK. So there is my mommy vent for the day. His teacher says he is doing fine in school, no worse than any of the other boys there so that is a relief at least.

And I'm a little frustrated that my inlaws won't commit to come for Christmas. When A.J. arrived, they came the next weekend and then again about two months later. I know their circumstances have changed since then but really. My FIL is on disability and my MIL works in the schools and has three weeks off. Couldn't they come meet their new grandson! My parents are serving a mission for our church and can't come. So Spencer hasn't met any of his new grandparents.

I don't have any answers for you, but cyper (((((HUGS))))). I remember that 5 and 3 was pretty bad, but now that they are 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 it's better. I only felt like tossing them out the window a couple of times on the car ride home. Remember, the odd years are hard - in life and in school. So, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc....and the same goes for grade level.

I'm sorry you are frustrated. My in-laws never really acknowledged the boys either. My SIL (ex's sister) would do presents and sign her mom's name. And well, the dad/granddad wasn't around for his own kids upbringing and even though my ex talks to him can't even bother to send a card with a $1 in it for the boys' birthdays. Whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #2695  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Killer bees!!!!! Run for your life!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #2696  
Die Cut Diva

Hugs Paula! Sorry you are having such a challenging day. DH is gone right? Could it be AJ is pushing because you are alone for the first time with both boys? Sorry I cannot personally add any advice. All I can do is say a prayer for ya and send a cyber hug.

Jen, beeware ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #2697  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm this AM as I was washing the dishes I see Gabi come to me all white.. she though she should taste the Lotion.. the smell of the lotion is still around the house! AHHH kids keeping us on our toes.. hmmmm lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World

Last edited by Scrapbookmama_14; 12-01-2008 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #2698  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW, my older one just walked in and said sorry for complaining about dinner and that I spit it out.
So, slowly but surely it does sink in.
He doesn't eat it yet, but he realizes that what he did was wrong.
Then again, he's my empathetic, totally get's it kid. We were even in the toy store in NJ and Drew wanted something, (though I had warned them we weren't buying anything) and Jack looked at me and said, "It's OK, Mom, I'll share with Drew." Well after that sweet comment, he got something too. Even an old lady in the aisle commented on his manners. So, don't give up hope yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #2699  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Too funny! I can't wait to see what everyone makes with it. There is a good chance I will be sucked in before the pre-order ends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #2700  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

So, are you joining my "Children of the Corn" award club??!!:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #2701  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Hugs Paula! Sorry you are having such a challenging day. DH is gone right? Could it be AJ is pushing because you are alone for the first time with both boys? Sorry I cannot personally add any advice. All I can do is say a prayer for ya and send a cyber hug.

Jen, beeware ;)
OK, Lisa, you owe me a new monitor after that comment!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #2702  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

I'm sorry about your in-laws Paula! Hugs!

Have you tried bribes? Seriously....we're doing a quarter a day right now just for general good behavior (not acting ugly while getting ready for school or bed and being nice while eating), and DD is 6!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #2703  
Glitter Guru

Or should I say stung instead of sucked in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #2704  
Die Cut Diva

Ellie, lotion is better than baby powder! My BFF's youngest son got into the baby powder once, I was there...it sticks to everything...he came streaking, yes naked boy, into the living room where she and I were watching a show...all you could see was white and his eyeballs! OMG!!! Talk about wanting to laugh and cry all at once. His room was covered! Had to steam the carpet, wash all the bedding and wipe off everything - anything that could as far as toys went into the dishwasher. I gave him a bath while she started cleaning his room. It was definitely a night to remember! I don't remember where her DH was, but glad he was not at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #2705  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Or should I say stung instead of sucked in.
We will just lure you in with honey! But Jen better watch out or she may get stung ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #2706  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
So, are you joining my "Children of the Corn" award club??!!:twisted:
Nope I like 'em! My CoC award goes to the demon hummingbird!

I wonder if we should worry about SAB at all. I think they will truly sell themselves whether we have the sets or any samples. Who can't use a new sentiment set? Celery and Saffron ribbon in a perfect width? That lovely paper? The great set that goes with the top note die? If you have the punches, you need more to go with them right? Okay the flower one is a dud to me I admit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #2707  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post

Amy- Sounds like you need a massage. It will be the best money you ever spent.. I went for one in England last time. best $100 ever for 1 1/2 hours. spent time in the steam "box" afterwards.. cleaned my sinuses and my skin. it was fantastic.. only good thing about going back to England in a week or two!

headed home from work to finish my elfie gifts and work in the stamp room a bit.. hope you all have a great evening!
Going back again? Will you be home for Christmas? Are you packing your secret elf gifties to bring along? Oh, that might be fun! What do you do that you are traveling? I missed it if you have already said...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #2708  
Stazon Splitcoast

I already know I want the Petal Pizazz....I've only ever had Fab Flowers in the big bold flower department so I'm pumped for it!

Anyone want to thumb wrestle me for it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #2709  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Ellie, lotion is better than baby powder! My BFF's youngest son got into the baby powder once, I was there...it sticks to everything...he came streaking, yes naked boy, into the living room where she and I were watching a show...all you could see was white and his eyeballs! OMG!!! Talk about wanting to laugh and cry all at once. His room was covered! Had to steam the carpet, wash all the bedding and wipe off everything - anything that could as far as toys went into the dishwasher. I gave him a bath while she started cleaning his room. It was definitely a night to remember! I don't remember where her DH was, but glad he was not at home.
ROTFL!! OHHH GOSH.. I would have just cried and laughed.. cause that what I do..lol.. Isaac when he was just around Gabi's age..(23 mths) got into vasline.. OH THAT WAS THE WORST EVER!!! Mind you it was one of those big jars.. he put like half if in his hair! and the rest everywhere else.. I just dropped my juice I was holding.. My MIL could not stop laughing as I told her HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET ALL OF THIS OUT OF Isaac's HAIR HOW... now I laugh but that day I cried.. Oh Hubby was suppose to be watching him and fell asleep while Isaac grabbed the vasline from the night table! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #2710  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the cyber hugs. I just needed to vent. I really try to be a good mom, but sometimes I am reduced to a screaming idiot. We've tried bribes too. Extra treats, money. We are taking a parenting class after the first of the year to help with Spencer's issues and we are hoping it helps with AJ too.

And this is just so uncharacteristic for my inlaws and I think that is what is bugging me the most. They are the favorite, doting grandparents usually. It is mine that are aloof (or just spread too thin by having a lot more grand kids).

OK. Really I am done venting. DH is gone for a few more days and things can only get better. Two hours until bed time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #2711  
Die Cut Diva

ya'll have a great evening...I know I am gonna miss some good comments. I have to get dinner and off to bible study...we are finishing the Truth Project tonight. Next week is our Christmas get together and then we are off until Jan 5th.

Ta for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #2712  
Glitter Guru

I think I have you all beat. My A.J. (when he was about 2 1/2) took his poopy diaper off during a nap and spread it all over his walls, carpet, toys, everything. Not only is it messy, it's germy! Ugh! We started duck taping his diaper on after that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #2713  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun Lisa!

Before I forget, and I am shutting down 'puter for the night too, I have this walking cast from my broken ankle. Is that something that can be donated? I plan to save the crutches for any future injuries, but hoping not to need a cast again. Let me know when you get the chance, if you know of any resources.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #2714  
Stazon Splitcoast

But then again, my brother when he was little, was so excited to receive the ants for his ant farm in the mail that he opened them without reading the instructions (to refrigerate them first to put them in a stupor) and there were ants all over his bedroom, jumping everywhere. My mom was crying and screaming, as she vacuumed them up which, of course, was making my brother cry. I was hiding in my room. Kind of laughing though....

And yes, we've had the poopy stuff over here. I liken it to a monkey being let loose in the bathroom and flinging it everywhere...which is what I heard monkeys do. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #2715  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good night!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #2716  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Oh, that just makes me so sad! Even if they can't come for a visit, for whatever reason, they could be making a big fuss over him in other ways (phone calls, letters, etc.) Poor little fella! You have a right to be frustrated, IMO! He's your brand new little boy, and that's a big deal! Hugs to you and to Spencer, too! Not passing judgment, please forgive me if it sounds that way. It's just that new additions to a family are a really, really big deal! (Oh, I said that already.) Could I come and be his fill-in Nana? I would smother him with kisses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #2717  
Mad Swapper

I hope you all post your Secret Elf gifts to your blogs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #2718  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I already know I want the Petal Pizazz....I've only ever had Fab Flowers in the big bold flower department so I'm pumped for it!

Anyone want to thumb wrestle me for it?
You win! I'd like to do Sweet Stems/Sweetest Stem Embosslit - so-o-o pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #2719  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tell me again when these swaps are due (approximately), please? Either I can't remember or I missed it.

I'm fine with just doing preview stuff. :-)

I'd like to do A Little Somethin' or the Valentine preview.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #2720  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I think I have you all beat. My A.J. (when he was about 2 1/2) took his poopy diaper off during a nap and spread it all over his walls, carpet, toys, everything. Not only is it messy, it's germy! Ugh! We started duck taping his diaper on after that.
Paula,
I need this today---a great laugh for Monday after a busy day! Unfortunately, we have all had those "not so steller" parent moments...you see, it even happens to those of us who don't have their own children. So, you are not alone!!

I have only wanted to hang my child up by his toenails once today, that is a major improvement over most days! We are with you--hang in there and vent as much as you need to!
Reply With Quote Likes