Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #2601  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even like to go to the Demo business talk forum because I feel like it is so negative right now.

I guess I read the message from the Demo manual a little different. It says we can't show samples that advertise the promotion before it starts. I don't read that we can't show any samples from preorders (as long as we don't say this product will be on promotion on this day). Am I misinterpreting it? Someone help me out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #2602  
Glitter Guru

And just for the record, I love the extravaganza sale. I sold just enough bundles to make it fun and not one of them were sold out. I *heart* Stampin' Up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #2603  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Wait! You've moved *on* from the Extravaganza??? I'm not sure how I feel about that. :-)

I have been thinking about the preview and blogs, too. In a way, it takes the pressure off till after Christmas, which is good. But it's hard to enjoy new stuff as much when you can't post it.

It might help me wait to place that first order. :-)
Will it help if I try to gather up some Extravaganza anger to add to it?

I wish I could say that not being able to post would help me wait to place my order! I'm hopeless, but it will definitely take some of the fun away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #2604  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I'm probably just kidding myself on that one. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #2605  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I don't even like to go to the Demo business talk forum because I feel like it is so negative right now.

I guess I read the message from the Demo manual a little different. It says we can't show samples that advertise the promotion before it starts. I don't read that we can't show any samples from preorders (as long as we don't say this product will be on promotion on this day). Am I misinterpreting it? Someone help me out.
I think I'll call and ask tomorrow...that would be totally cool! I hope you're right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #2606  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the support! I do feel better after "letting it out".

We are on the look out for the Wii too! I'll definitely check out the cybermonday and wiitracker. Thanks for the info!

I didn't get any stamping done this weekend, but I did straighten up my desk so I'd have some place to stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #2607  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ahhh yes to say the least it has been interesting being a demo this last week I am taking notes and learning for me I think the Pre-views for tomorrow kept me busy and I didn't even pay attention to the Sale that was going on I said if I get some sales then so be it I did and I said Thank you Lord but I saw stress written all over it.. and I already have enough stress as it is! lol... SOOOO I am putting my energy at what I can control.. my ordering TOMORROW!!! and I did see on the SU site where it said we can't post our creations on our blog :( for the Love you much Bundle EVEN THOUGH I have even seen tutorial videos using the bundle! lol.. so I don't know with my luck I say oh whatever and post and be the one SU says you there what are you doing YOUR DONE.. NO MORE SU DEMOSHIP FOR YOU! lol.. ahhhhhh
and I am with you Rhonda I am on brink of wondering if I should do another online Hostess group I really don't know.. because I have done 2 so far and I have tired to give and share but it was like I felt hmm thats it.. I really have tried to reach as much as possible and give but I can only do so much.. we shall see....

OK back to my Food Network show .. its the Extreme Holiday Cake.. IF I HEAR ANYTHING WITH E... Holiday it will be too soon! LOL

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #2608  
Die Cut Diva

hi everyone.

Ellie, can't help but get excited reading your posts. You are infectious (in the good way ;) )

Amy, are you feeling better today? Will you be able to get in to the doc tomorrow?

Paula, if you are not up for hosting the swap just say so. I will do it. I have a far less busy plate than ya'll with kidlets and such. And I agree with you on the demo forums, seems like there is so much complaining about picky little stuff, it is a real turn off. There are a couple of people over there who have a thread going on the whole HE thing that is a boatload of laughs though.

Missi, good for you girl! And you can always come here to let it out, we are there for ya!

Kathy, cool about DH agreeing with the Wii.

Happy Wii shopping for those looking.

I know I missed someone now...DH keeps interrupting me with installing stuff on the new home computer. Lets see...Hi Rhonda! And welcome home Crissy, hope you had a great time on your holiday.

Did anyone else see the Aussie SAB sets? I know they may or may not be different for us (plus two...or one and a rub-on set), but it was not ubber inspiring...

I received on unexpected order for the HE sale and placed one myself. Otherwise pretty uneventful in my little world.

Looking forward to the preview tomorrow. Hoping it is posted before I go to brunch tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #2609  
Stazon Splitcoast

the funny threads are here:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I have a question--the on-call doc said if the Flexeril worked, everything was fine, but if it didn't, I needed to get seen.

Do you think I should still go in tomorrow??? I'm so hesitant to do *anything* else right now, for fear I will unleash more consequences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #2610  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
hi everyone.

Ellie, can't help but get excited reading your posts. You are infectious (in the good way ;) )OH thank you lol

And I agree with you on the demo forums, seems like there is so much complaining about picky little stuff, it is a real turn off. There are a couple of people over there who have a thread going on the whole thing that is a boatload of laughs though.TOO TOO TOO TOOO TOOOOO TRUE.. I'm like hello the sale is over nothing else can be done my goodness.. can we get to what is important.. like what is in new?? lol

Missi, good for you girl! And you can always come here to let it out, we are there for ya! AMEN TO THAT! lol

Did anyone else see the Aussie SAB sets? I know they may or may not be different for us (plus two...or one and a rub-on set), but it was not ubber inspiring... HUH they have it up ?is it new see I'm new too all of this and I feel blind.. don't worry next time this year I should have a clue.. I hope! lol

I received on unexpected order for the HE sale and placed one myself. Otherwise pretty uneventful in my little world. I had an unexpected order too.. and she emailed me and said she wasn't really excited about the sale as she had something from most the bundles.. which is what I thought too when I saw it.. but she still ordered something a stamp set and a tin! lol.. she had already placed an order at her own workshop she had last week so I was even shocked to see her order anything for the "EVIL Sale! lol"

Looking forward to the preview tomorrow. Hoping it is posted before I go to brunch tomorrow.
OHHHH YESSS OHH COMMEE ON.. and I found out their is new DSP.. oh happy day.. their is nothing like opening a new pack of DSP that smell should be bottled for crafters! LOL I know I would buy it!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #2611  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy I would go.. just in case because that pain is not a good one and maybe your doc. could give you better explaination. I know I get that "feeling" when I need to go and when I question if I should go that is my green light..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #2612  
Glitter Guru

I started out on the fun thread in the beginning, but I didn't have time to follow it through all the pages of posts. (I spend most of my SCS time here now.) I know it was a good one.

Lisa- It would be great if you, or someone who hasn't hosted yet, wants to do it this time. I do want to host a swap in the future, but just when I think I have everything under control at my house, I find out I was wrong.

My DH left this afternoon for a few days in CO. We had a bad evening which ended when I put the kids to bed about 7:30 p.m. I know that I will regret that when they are awake at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow, but I was done for tonight.

That gave me some time to finish up one of the elf projects I started on Friday and work on another. I think I have a good hour to keep working on stuff tonight to before I go to bed.

Amy- I hate going to the doctor unless I need to, but really, go girl. Get your self all better so you can enjoy the holidays.

Welcome back Crissy. Hello to everyone else!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #2613  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Amy- I hate going to the doctor unless I need to, but really, go girl. Get your self all better so you can enjoy the holidays.
The problem is, I'm much worse off now than I was 2 weeks ago when I first went to the doctor. <roll eyes> I've had asthma all my life, but this back thing is new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #2614  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
The problem is, I'm much worse off now than I was 2 weeks ago when I first went to the doctor. <roll eyes> I've had asthma all my life, but this back thing is new.
Then you'd better go.

And I missed the panty thread before. Too funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #2615  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, go to the doctor so you'll be healthy enough.....for stampin'! (sorry I couldn't resist!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #2616  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Then you'd better go.

And I missed the panty thread before. Too funny!
The blingin' SU! panties for sale idea cracks me up (oh no...that's terrible)....there are already some undies in the gallery....from a VSN challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #2617  
Glitter Guru

I hope Jen had a good time at the reunion and the reason we haven't heard from her today is because she is recovering from all the fun. Let us know how it went Jen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #2618  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hope Jen had a good time at the reunion and the reason we haven't heard from her today is because she is recovering from all the fun. Let us know how it went Jen.
Agreed.....hopefully, she is just getting back and doing laundry type stuff..... oh, Jen? Check in when you can/asap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #2619  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for posting those threads, Amy! I haven't been to the demo forums lately. No time and don't want to get caught up in it all. Needed a good laugh tonight and there it was!

Trust your instincts, girl! You know yourself. You know how you're doing. I just want you all better!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #2620  
Die Cut Diva

Amy - yes, you must go to the doctor tomorrow. I don't always agree that they have the best answer, but the back thing worries me enough to encourage you to go. Glad the Flexeril is helping. {hug}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #2621  
Die Cut Diva

Question SA Catalog Preview Swap

Okay Ladies, Amy is not up for hosting this round, Paula has offered but she is still adjusting to the addition to her family. I have already hosted a SA swap...

So the million dollar question is who will host this swap? I am willing and able, but want to make sure if you want to hostess you have the opportunity to host as well as play.

Any takers?

This swap would be due say aprox Jan 10th so they can be swapped back by the catalog release...and possibly doubled with SAB...a two for one address swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #2622  
Mad Swapper

Missi, I think you absolutely did the right thing to "fire" your Stamp Club! Good for you! They didn't appreciate or respect you and just wait - [I]they'll be sorry![I]

Kathy, I'm cracking up with you doing Thanksgiving dinner today! My DH and I always do that if we go to someone else's home for Thanksgiving because we love the leftovers so much! But this year we didn't - we had Thanksgiving at my son's house, but left him with all of the leftovers, and we didn't do the turkey thing today. Don't really know why, but when I woke up Friday morning, the first thing I thought was, "If there were any leftovers downstairs in the refrig, I'd be jumping out of bed and fixing a plateful right now!"

Amy, I think it would be good to go to the doctor to give him/her an update on your status, especially the part about being worse now than two weeks ago. That needs to go into your medical record for future reference in case this thing drags on and on. My experience with back problems and doctors is that they prescribe pain meds to mask the symptoms, but they aren't very successful at treating the cause of the problem. Do you do chiropractors? A good chiropractor saved my life once when I was having excruciating back problems that went on for months. Just a thought. I know, we've all given you so much advice (like we have all the answers, ha!) But know that we are so, so concerned about you and just want you to get well! If I could take some of your pain, I'd carry it around for a few days so you could get a break!

OK, ladies, I updated my (very simple) blog with the recipe for the Almond Butter Ooey Gooey Cake. The link is in my siggy. Check it out if you like! I will also post the pasta recipe, but I have to actually figure the recipe out first - I just made it up out of my head as I was going along!

Lisa, I'd be happy to host the New Catty/SAB swap. My work thing is actually going pretty well, and I'm finding more time for stamping and chatting (as you've all probably noticed!). So let me know if you'd like me to take it on, and I'll get it going. As you said, you've already hosted one swap, so I'll take a turn if you would like.

Great week, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #2623  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will never, never, never again drive home from NJ on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Never. There is a reason why I go home on Saturday. Traffic and stupid drivers. Never again. Well, maybe for a million dollars....

Will update more later...have to unpack the car this morning. Yes, we got in that late, that I left it all.....sigh...it's going to be a FUN day!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 AM   #2624  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Okay Ladies, Amy is not up for hosting this round, Paula has offered but she is still adjusting to the addition to her family. I have already hosted a SA swap...

So the million dollar question is who will host this swap? I am willing and able, but want to make sure if you want to hostess you have the opportunity to host as well as play.

Any takers?

This swap would be due say aprox Jan 10th so they can be swapped back by the catalog release...and possibly doubled with SAB...a two for one address swap.
I am willing to give it a go! I've never hosted a swap before (other than co-hosting our Secret Elf swap), but I'm willing if you all will guide me along! =-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 AM   #2625  
Pearl-ExPert

I guess I should read through the responses before posting. I just realized that Pamela volunteered to host the swap too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #2626  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
I will never, never, never again drive home from NJ on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Never. There is a reason why I go home on Saturday. Traffic and stupid drivers. Never again. Well, maybe for a million dollars....

Will update more later...have to unpack the car this morning. Yes, we got in that late, that I left it all.....sigh...it's going to be a FUN day!!!!
I'm sorry Jen! I know how you feel. We were stuck in 20 mph traffic for 2 hours Saturday, for no apparant reason. I would imagine it was worse for you because that area is more congested!

I just don't understand the way people drive sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #2627  
Glitter Guru

For you Wii hunters: Toysrus.com has this bundle in stock:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3387949
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #2628  
Stazon Splitcoast

that's a good deal....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #2629  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy - I vote for the Doctor too! Maybe something is different now and will lead the doctor to a course of action to make you feel better. My dh has the problem that he will go to the doctor for some reason and end up with worse symptoms after seeing the doctor. I think it is just about the timing sometimes. I do hope you get to feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #2630  
Glitter Guru

Overstock has the Wii too and they are offering free shipping and a 15% rebate if you use paypal. http://www.overstock.com/20608/static
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #2631  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Am ladies...

Oh man Jen (((HUGS)) get rest love.. or try to! I felt like that going to VA I swear I was getting so sick and I NEVER get car sick and it was because we hit rush hr. on a Friday hmm I belive it was in D.C Oh I wanted to cry! lol.. But you are home so yeahhhh.. now get comfty and come bite your nails with me.. only 1 hr. and 15mins. till I have my baby I mean I get to see the previews! lol

I am looking at the deals.. they have Old Navy 20% off on your purchase and free shipping,Gap 15% off purchase w/free shipping (those are the stores I shop for the kids..

I was about to post about the Wii from Toysrus too hmm I'll keep looking got to keep busy!!! lol

Did you guys see the SAB.. ME LIKEY ME LIKEY MMMMEEE WANT IT ALLLLLL.. lol..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:50 AM   #2632  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Overstock has the Wii too and they are offering free shipping and a 15% rebate if you use paypal. http://www.overstock.com/20608/static.html
Oh I love Overstock and they ship fast!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #2633  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like the SAB stuff too Ellie! I think I want two sets of yummy so I can mount one as is and cut the other one apart.

Morning all! Sorry about your slow drive back Jen!

Just about an hour now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #2634  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did see the SAB - LOVE the paper and the paper pierced stamp set....not likely to preorder any though....
we'll see if i preorder anything today.
really wanted the All in the Family bundle, but it's sold out. oh well....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #2635  
Mad Swapper

Way to go, Paula! Thanks for the info on the Wii bargains!

Yup, I'm liking the SAB brochure! Especially Polka Dot Punches and Yummy!

Ellie, I like your new avatar! Cute!

Crissy, if you want to host the swap, it's all yours. I remembered last night that I hosted the SA swap at Convention. Just let me know - if you want it, it's yours, if not, I'm fine doing it. (Can we say that we are now "swapping the swap"? First Amy, then Paula, the Lisa, then me, then Crissy . . .)

Going to get some work done while I wait for the preview! Good day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #2636  
Crimping Master

I just tried to buy the Wii at Overstock and they are sold out :( I guess we'll just keep trying. We're sticking to our $250 for it. I looked at the Toys R Us bundle, but it doesn't have any games we want, so no go.
Thanks for the info!! I'll just keep looking.

I checked out the SAB stuff and I really love the paper and ribbon. The sets are cute too. I'm getting excited to see the new catty preview, only 30 minutes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #2637  
Glitter Guru

I am having technical difficulties this morning now and I can't get the SAB brochure to download. It crashed my browser earlier. Guess I need to go download the latest Adobe. UGH! What a morning to have that happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #2638  
Stazon Splitcoast

Preview
http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...eakpeak_US.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #2639  
Glitter Guru

Is it just me, or is it downloading very slow?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #2640  
Stazon Splitcoast

Really slow--off to a dr appt.
Reply With Quote Likes