Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #2521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all you Fabulous Ladies! Blessed Thanksgiving to you all! {HUGS}

I am so very thankful for all of you! This is an awesome group of supportive, funny and fun women and I count you all among my blessings.

Food coma? Duh! Everyone is now gone home, the turkey was fabulous and DH is asleep on the floor in front of me (on the couch - gotta love a laptop). We are debating shopping early tomorrow or not. We really don't need anything. But thanks to Paula and her enabling with the Cricut rebate...the scales in favor my have been tipped. (And NO we will not talk about any other "scales")!

Amy hon, so sorry about your spasms. If I were closer I would share my muscle relaxant. The advise about about Ibupropen or other anti-inflam is best. You can try a heating pad too. I will be doing all the above before bed tonight. I forget to wear shoes before cooking all day and my back is screaming at me. It will be okay tomorrow, but it does help to wear the good arch supportive shoes when one is on the dogs all day.

Erin - hope your regular ol Thursday was fab too!

Hi Missi, Kathy, Jen and All.

Happy black friday shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #2522  
Hardware Hotshot

I did hit Mike's tonight and got two more cricut cartridges (Jasmine and Doodlecharms). They were out of the other one I wanted though. Oh well. I'll have to see if my neighbor has it. I've been using it a lot this week so I feel justified in buying more.

I think I might hit kohls in the morning because they usually have amazing deals on toys and such. But I might just skip it because I am sooooo tired.

I did happen to notice that Roberts (I know none of you have one of those except Missi and Amystamps) has a new bag that fits the Cricut Expressions. Its on sale tomorrow but I don't know if I'll make it that far before DH has to go to work.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #2523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got back from my BF shopping. I went to Target, WalMart, Michael's, Modell's (sports), Radio Shack and Starbucks.

I got the Cars cartridge (thanks enablers!!) and a sports one for my Cricuit. The Michaels had a ton of them!

I bought a bunch of DVD's, a Yankee jersey for my son, and some digital photo key chains for the family. I even found a racing bathing suit for $25 at Modells! Mine are all about 2 years old and starting to go - they don't last long if you swim several times a week all year.

Next, we'll be going to see Santa. Suppossedly there's a really good one at a garden center here that everyone is talking about.

Then, a nap, I hope!

Tonight I am going up to my friend's house to meet up with some other friends - kids and all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #2524  
Mad Swapper

Good morning everyone!

Is everyone having fun shopping? Jen, sounds like you were successful!

I debated on going to Mike's for a cartridge, but since I haven't used my cricut since I bought it off Craigslist last spring (gasp!!!!), I couldn't justify spending money right now on a cartridge, even at that price.

Amy, how are you feeling today?

Hello to all the rest of you.

Christmas is usually simple at our home. And buying for teenagers on a limited budget is so stressful 'cause what do you get that they will LIKE?!!!!

I think I'm going to talk to my DH about getting a Wii (gasp again, 'cause I said NEVER!) as a family gift and then having treasure hunts for gift cards that they can use on the day after Christmas to get what they really want. Plus the usual jewelry, socks, etc. Sounds lame, huh? Oh well, I still have 23 days to come up with better ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #2525  
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy- I think the treasure hunt sounds like a great idea. And I have to say, GET THE WII! *Wii* love ours and it something we all do together. And even if we aren't all playing together, the kids love to watch each other play. (OK, so mine are younger than yours and might not find the same satisfaction in that.)

I hit Kohls this morning and bought a bunch of toys for the boys and my nieces and a few clothes for the boys. I also bought some much needed essentials for me. You know, new bras and tights for the winter and flannel PJ's. Our church is having a "Polar Express" theme for our Christmas party this year and we are suppose to wear our p.j.'s so I needed some presentable ones. I had an extra 15% off card too so it was a steal.

All Spencer has asked for is a dump truck and I found one of the bigger classic Tonka ones bundled with a matching front end loader for less than $20.

Hope everyone else is having a good black Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #2526  
Stazon Splitcoast

It better not be lame, 'cause that's what we're doing. About 12 years ago, we started getting mainly "family" gifts for Christmas--it allowed us to pool the Christmas fund, and also limited the whole "she got more stuff, that's not what I want" kinda thing. So we're getting a Wii, along with some games and extra Wiimotes. Then we get lots of books and movies, which work for everyone. They still get their stockings and new pjs, but everything else is pretty much for all of us. They sit around the tree and take turns opening all the gifts. It has worked out really well for us.

My back is not better. My doctor's office is closed. The on call doc can't call in a prescrip for pain killers--that's not allowed. So I asked for (and got) muscle relaxers. Dh is on his way to pick them up now. The hydrocodone made me throw up, so that won't work. Oh, and since it's a cough suppressant and I have asthma, I shouldn't be taking it anyway. <roll eyes>

Did I mention that Card Buffet is *next week*??? I am totally stressed about it. And the play my kids are all in opens tonite, and I won't be able to go. I'll get to go next weekend though. I'm sure it will all be ok.

I did get my secret sister box all done yesterday! Dh will mail it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #2527  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you are feeling better Amy! I bet the muscle relaxers will work!

Kathy, I vote for the Wii too. It's a great family gift, and more active than a lot of the other ones. They have a pack of the active games plus the extra remote for about $50. I bought a bunch of movies too.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! Off to see Santa in a couple....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #2528  
Crimping Master

Kathy and Amy, I think that's a great way to do Christmas with your family! Sounds like fun for everyone, and a way to justify those pricey items that the kids really want and will have fun with.

Great bargain hunting, everyone! My DH is out doing the Black Friday thing while I relax with a morning cup of coffee and a kitty on my lap who *needs* to be petted! (Yesterday was a busy cooking day - my son and I team up and do everything over at his house- so I'm kinda tired today. But it was fun!

Amy, so sorry you were having a rough day yesterday. In additiion to the good advice from others, regarding your muscle spasms I read that if you rub lobelia oil on the "affected area" it helps a lot. Being as that it is prolly your ribs, chest, and back that are "affected", sounds like a good job for your DH! I'm sure he wouldn't complain!! Also drinking Valerian Root tea is a great muscle relaxer. (Smells and tastes like dirty socks, but trust me, it WORKS!)

My goals for today: 1. Continue decorating for Christmas 2. Work at Pleasant Care for a few hours this afternoon 3. Finish the Holiday Planner that I started the other day - love those, and this is my first time making one!

Happy Day, Everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #2529  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have any lobelia oil, but dh has been *gently* rubbing lavender oil all over my back. It really does help! I don't understand why, but it does. I've been taking a *ton* of calcium--for my homebirths, I did 1000 mg/hour. I'm doing not quite that much now, even though when I cough it's as bad as childbirth, I swear. And then lots of ibuprofen every 4 hours.

I will keep the Valerian Root tea in mind! Maybe I can send dh back out for that. Thanks for all your help! It warms my heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #2530  
Crimping Master

Amy - if you pain is still severe, you might want to ask the on call doc about a steroid pack. They work wonders for inflammation and you only do the course for about 4 days. I know people shy away from steroids, but for extreme inflammation that is this painful, it might really be helpful. Just a thought. Otherwise, take care, rest, walk around every couple of hours, keep the area warm and try to relax.

My DH and I are contemplating getting ourselves a Wii for Christmas this year. We're not big game players, but every now and then we like to play. I think the interactive components of the Wii look like so much fun.

I got my wish and it rained, so I can stay inside, work on laundry, cleaning and crafts! I sincerely apologize for not getting my Christmas cards for the swap to you sooner. Since it is so close to Christmas, my cards will be more of a winter theme, that way you can use them for January too. I hope you are going to share pics of your secret elf gifts! I'd love to see them!!

Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #2531  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, Flexeril is *good*. I think I might have to marry it. It's still agonizing to cough, but it's not as bad as childbirth. I think I might live.

<-----not accountable for everything she says while on drugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #2532  
Mad Swapper

Amy, good to hear SOMETHING is working!

Thanks for all of your kind comments and support on our Christmas. Now I just have to talk to DH about it. I hope I can convince him on the idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #2533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, my dh has always been dead-set against game systems, because he knows we'd all get sucked in. LOL But he played the Wii at my brother's house last Christmas and thought it was a whole different world! Lots of social interaction, lots of activities. I bought extra Wiimotes, chargers, and nunchuks so the younger kids wouldn't have to wait *too* long.

We bought games with a wide range of ages in mind:
Mario Kart
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
High School Musical sing a long
Dance Dance Revolution
LEGO Star Wars

We also have Play and Sports, which we got in various packages. I have really enjoyed the amazon.com reviews of games. Makes it easier to figure out which ones I will be ok with. I have yet to come to terms with Guitar Hero and Rock Band, although everyone seems to love them. I'm just not ready to have my 4yo singing some of those songs. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #2534  
Hardware Hotshot

The Wii is a wonderful family system. My in laws and parent play it with my kids when they come for a visit too. For the Wii, I also like:

Smarty Pants (can be played with anyone who can read)
Mario Galaxy (except only one person can really play it at a time)
Wii Fit (again, only one at a time)
Mario Kart (fun to race against your friends and family over the Internet too if you have wi-fi)
Star Wars Legos

We are getting for Christmas:
Boom Blox (we rented it before and it's a great game for everyone to play)
DeBlob
Monkey Ball (on sale at Costco)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #2535  
Hardware Hotshot

Amy- I am glad you found something to help you. Can't even imagine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #2536  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals,

Don't hold me to it, but I just got off the phone with a friend, and she said she has it from a fairly high up person, that Kohls is going out of business after Christmas, just fyi, to be careful. I'm disappointed....love Kohls...maybe they'll do a restructure or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #2537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Ok, Flexeril is *good*. I think I might have to marry it. It's still agonizing to cough, but it's not as bad as childbirth. I think I might live.

<-----not accountable for everything she says while on drugs
LOL!!! Yes, muscle relaxers are good. I'm surprised they could prescribe them over the phone, as they're pretty potent. They work better for me than pain pills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #2538  
Hardware Hotshot

I knew Mervyn's was going away, but I haven't heard anything about Kohls. I know the local one here was swamped this morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #2539  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the Wii, I also bought some African safari thing - looks learning oriented - at Wally World on sale for $16.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #2540  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I knew Mervyn's was going away, but I haven't heard anything about Kohls. I know the local one here was swamped this morning.
My friend said that they were hoping Christmas would turn around for them, so maybe it's a "if Christmas is bad" thing. Her step-father works in corporate accounting, not for them, but I bet he knows someone who does their books, which is how she got the info. I'll press her for details tonight. I hope it's not true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #2541  
Hardware Hotshot

We have the African Safari game too. It makes me motion sick to play and it has a lot of reading in it so AJ doesn't like to play it by himself.

I love Kohls. Mostly because it is the only department store that is right by my house. And I love the deals they have on toys around Christmas time. Way better on what they carry than anyone else. (Of course they don't have a huge selection.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #2542  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everyone how was everyone's Turkey day..
I had come to post early in the AM but before I posted it disappered!! GRRR so I just left it be.. I see some of you went out into the Shopping crazy world! lol wow good deals girls.. me I did go out with the kids but not to shop well not really.. Went to my LSS to pick up my check !! PRAISE THE LORD lol.. and dropped off one of my projects for my class and picked up some material for upcoming classes and then we went to the supermarket and got some cookie doug and baked some cookies for them and now am about to go in and work on my samples.. my tins didn't come today. CROSSING FINGERS AND TOES they come tomorrow I really want to give these gifts to the teachers on Monday w/the boys..

I was looking online at the toy sales esp. for Gabi she LOVES her backyardians esp. Pablo and I wanted to get her these little figures I saw I saw its on sale for 20.00!!! but see I'm the worst cause I'll want to give it to her now cause I love to see my little Peanut's face light up! The boys are getting more clothes then anything from me because my MIL and mom getting them games for the Wii and their DS' hmm I was also looking for a gift for my DH as his bday is on the 7th and am wondering should I or shouldn't I as Footlocker has a sale right now.. OHH so hard.. I LOVE online shopping so I don't have to get out of my jammies lol.. hmmm lets see what i do!.. but for now I'll eat another cookie! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #2543  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Ellie, cookies sound yummy! I have dough in the fridge, but also have most of a pumpkin pie left...think I will have to eat the pie first. I enjoy jammie shopping too. I just ordered some Stampavie stamps.

Amy and Kathy, I think your family Christmas gifts are an awesome thing!

Amy - I agree with Missi - if you can get a steriod pack it is such a huge help. It will help with your Asthma too.

Pamela - enjoy your decorating. I usually do that this weekend some time too. We got our first Christmas card in the mail today!

We too entered the black friday world and did our best to support our economy LOL - yeah, not as much as last year but...TV for the RV, new computer for the house (practically giving the current one to a friend - he is unemployed now for the season and he insisted that we take some money for it, so DH told him he could give us something for the flat panel monitor), then we bought a mini notebook/laptop...DH going to sell his current one that is only a year old and has very few hours on it...then there were 4 terabyte drives (eventually want to have movie collection all on drives like a movie juke box), two cricut cartridges for me; Pooh Fonts (love the log looking one for camping) and Graphically Speaking. Mike's was pretty cleaned out and only had 4 cartridges to choose from so I got the Pooh. Got the other one at Walmart, not on sale, but they had more of a selection today than usual. They were out of Expressions. Guess that made up my mind for me. And other misc items.

Have already enjoyed a two hour nap after getting home from shopping. Leftovers (the turkey was wonderful) and a second piece of pie today. I feel like a sloth today so after DH finishes his late lunch I think we are going for a walk. It is 40 today and the sun is out.

Goal for the remainder of the weekend is to finish my elf gifts (yeah, I am a procrastinator too) and get out my favorite Christmas decorations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #2544  
Hardware Hotshot

I too took a nap. I made everyone go to their own room and play quietly on their bed for an hour and I went to sleep. (Mostly drifted in and out but it was enough that I feel a bit better and not so grouchy.)

My tree is up but there are no decorations on it yet. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't decorate for halloween and fall so at least I don't have to take that down.

I have to cut out 50 hearts for a church project (so glad I have a cricut!) and then I am going to work on my elf projects. I am getting closer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #2545  
Stazon Splitcoast

DH and daughters have the tree up, and Sarah (daughter #2) is re-doing the lights on it. It has to be decorated before Card Buffet on Tuesday, but the kids will do it for me.

I can't do steroids--redheads have an added risk of bleeding from them. And if there's a reaction to be had, *I* get it! It's why I have mostly stayed away from conventional medicine the last 10 years, unless I am out of other options. I am just so sensitive to all these things, it's crazy! I'm always the one the doctors say, "Wow, that's a really unusual reaction!" <roll eyes> I know theoretically the steroids would solve everything, but I'd end up with internal bleeding or something. Like that newer inhaler that caused all this--it was the least strong thing available. <sigh>

The Flexeril is really helping. My asthma is pretty good. I am content for now. Thanks to all my sisters for all the advice and good wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #2546  
Crimping Master

Amy - I should have noticed you're a redhead! Redheads get all the weird reactions along with the fiery temper! I'm glad the flexeril is working. You should feel alot better tomorrow.

I'm just home from work. I went in today so I can have the day after Christmas off. The hospital was really quiet, so I got a lot of cases written up. I have piles of laundry (literally) to do, so I'm going to start some now and watch a movie with DH. We bought Walle (we're kids at heart), so I think we'll watch that. Then later I can stay up late and do some crafting! It's been so long, I wonder if I remember how?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #2547  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
Redheads get all the weird reactions along with the fiery temper!
I have no idea what you mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #2548  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have no idea what you mean?
yep, neither does my mother. Even though I did not get her red hair, I did get her temprament and lovely sun sensitive skin. She doesn't react well to some meds either. Mostly they just don't work. She has lung issues, but they are atributed to 30 years of smoking. PTL neither my sister or I picked up that habit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #2549  
Pearl-ExPert

I am really enjoying my new Cricut cartridge "Graphically Speaking". I have been sitting here playing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #2550  
Stazon Splitcoast

The trade off for the sun-sensitivity is that our skin ages particularly well. Glad you are enjoying your new toys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #2551  
Mad Swapper

I have the same sun sensitive skin.. and a bit oily as well. nice thing about it.. I look ten years younger than I am.. when my hair is dyed anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #2552  
Mad Swapper

I helped the economy too today! I got a new laptop.. my old one had no battery power left and it was over $200 to replace just the battery!- got a new camera- mine got sand in it and was $175 to fix and I got new cricut carts from Mikes too! caligraphy and cuttin up! woo hoo. lots of fun new toys..

going to get caught up on the thread now.

ps. Turkey came out great for my first time ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #2553  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love that! It wasn't so great when I was 20 and looked 11, but now it's *wonderful*! People think my oldest daughter and I are sisters. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #2554  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations on your turkey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #2555  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I am feeling a little sorry for myself, so I came to my SA sisters!

The new inhaler I've been on for just over a week--it turns out it's making me worse. It's causing my airways to swell even more, making my asthma more critical. I would sigh heavily here if I could. <wink>

So now I have to go thru a detox period of 24-48 hours before it's mostly out of my system. This is such a fabulous time of year to not be able to breathe! LOL Meanwhile, I'm using my rescue inhaler about every 90 minutes to stay alive. Nothing else to do till the other one wears off.

But on a happier note, my sister placed an order for more than $100, so I am officially over $1000 this month! I rarely do that! And my upline asked me--as "a top selling demo" LOL--to talk about what's working for me at her next downline meeting. She has a very large downline, so that's a nice compliment.

Thanks for listening to me whine!
woo hoo for the sales Amy! nice work!

ut oh on the inhaler! I am grateful that I don't have asthma along with my allergies and such. be better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #2556  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I don't have any lobelia oil, but dh has been *gently* rubbing lavender oil all over my back. It really does help! I don't understand why, but it does. I've been taking a *ton* of calcium--for my homebirths, I did 1000 mg/hour. I'm doing not quite that much now, even though when I cough it's as bad as childbirth, I swear. And then lots of ibuprofen every 4 hours.

I will keep the Valerian Root tea in mind! Maybe I can send dh back out for that. Thanks for all your help! It warms my heart.
"for your homebirths" ... aah Amy.. so glad you didn't enable me on this one!!!

as if I didn't respect you already.. this puts my respect for you over the top... I really think you might be superwoman. Does this mean you went all naturale too (if that's not too personal to ask!)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 AM   #2557  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, my mom is a redhead too! She suns herself to death and has hardly any wrinkles. I did inherit her skin - I look way younger than I am. However, I also think between her and my dad's Spanish skin, I have inherited their vitamin D deficiency. I'm deficient even in the summer when I work out outside all the time. My endocrinologist says whatever is causing me now to absorb sun and get wrinkles is also preventing the vit. D from getting in. Interesting stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:00 AM   #2558  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
"for your homebirths" ... aah Amy.. so glad you didn't enable me on this one!!!

as if I didn't respect you already.. this puts my respect for you over the top... I really think you might be superwoman. Does this mean you went all naturale too (if that's not too personal to ask!)?

I did too Amy! I had my oldest son at a Birthing Center.. and I had Gabi at home If I would have know how amazing and WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more comfortable I it would have been I would have had Ramzees at home too.. for Isaac and Anjelique that I had to go to the hospital I HATED being a prisioner and being probbed every 15 mins. LOL.. I said if I ever were to have another baby(Hubby said only way is if we win the lotto lol) I would have my baby at home again it was so peaceful and so loving and so relaxing ok sure the last 1/2 hr was very interesting but it was so amazing.. I had Gabi at 1:30 am and the boys didn't even wake up when she was born! lol.. my DH had to go and wake them up! lol...

ANY hoot.. yesterday I did venture out in the Black Friday sales.. why because remember I went out earlier to go to my LSS and the supermarket Gabi had her little Pablo figure (from the Backyardians) well she loves him to pieces I've never seen a 1 1/2 be so attached to a toy its so cute she would kiss it and hug it she also has a stuff Pablo she loves any hoot she fell asleep in the stroller and must of dropped it and I DIDNT NOTICE!! GASSSSSSSSSSSPPPP and so I called my DH and he said OH NO ELLIE how could you! I'm like oh thanks! lol.. and he said well we can go and look for a new one when I get home from work but you are getting out of the car I'll stay in the car with the kids.. (all the while Gabi is in the background.. hey where is Pablo.. Pablo where are you.. I felt sooo bad! lol) and so we headed to Toysrus... oh my gosh I went inside and was like WHAT happened in here!! it was insane everything all over... all the toys everywhere.. I was like what in Heaven's name.. Backyardians,Backyardians... NOTHING NOT ONE THING!! AHHHHHHHHH I saw everyone else.. Dora,Elmo, Diego, but nothing from the Backyardians... AHHHH out I go.. Target was near by.. so we go there.. in I go.. again all the other BUT NO BACKYARDIANS!! AHHHHH but then I see backpack.. (Dora's) with markers and other goodies.. hmm let me get it.. in my basket it went .. keep walking and see little figures from Dora -Boots and Isa (she likes figures and likes Dora too only not as much as Pablo.. never the less I get it too... then I am walking to go to the check out and I see the cutest little pink and white w/silver sneakers and they say 3.74.. WHATTTT.. wait.. I look for Gabi's size and go to the price scanner and yes they are 3.74.. in my basket..lol go to the checkout NO LINE!! WHATTT... pay for my stuff but sigh as I have NO BACKYARDIANS!!! AHHHH.. get in the car she is asleep YEAH cause she is not calling for Pablo and THEN DH says well why not go to the KBToys I saw them there... WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT so why did you come all the way over here!! GRRRRR SO finally get to KB Toys.. and there they are 3 Backyardian toys!!! and a sign buy 2 get 1 free.. yes I got all 3 ! LOL BUTTT I only gave her one and saved the rest for Christmas (along with the backpack gave her the little Boots figure though)

So now I just need to get the boys things and get Gabi some clothes.. lol...

So that was my saga for yesterday now I have to go do my projects I didn't get to do since I was on a Pablo mission! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #2559  
Hardware Hotshot

I used to look younger than I am, but now my gray hair and the sun spots on my face are starting to give me away.

Have fun at your reunion tonight Jen. And don't forget all the advice Amy gave you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #2560  
Stazon Splitcoast

You ladies with your home births amaze me. Nope, not for me!! LOL!! I liked knowing that all the medical equipment was nearby, if needed. Mind you, the hospital I delivered Drew was very good - they did water births too - so I was hardly on the monitors at all and I could pretty much do whatever I wanted. I even ate through labor - in a hospital!!!
Jack was such a tramatic birth - there's no way I would have made it at home. I stayed home for 24 hours even before going to the hospital.
I bet it would be easier now after the first one paved the way though!
Reply With Quote Likes