Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #2441  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erin I saw the M's flyer for the weekend so they will be 30.00 bucks and I did see the Disney ones too in the flyer so you can get it then. I did have the Expression it was awesome! I loved it cause I was able to do the different long name books and it was way easier to create well at least for me it was?

but again I sold it cause it was not getting the love it should as Stamps have taken over my life!lol I swear I feel like such a fake right now with my "scrapbookmama" name!LOL.. I even think I forgot how to scrapbook!LOL call me cardmakingaddictmama! LOL

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #2442  
Mad Swapper

I don't have the 12 X 12 Cricut so I can't answer your question.

But just wondering if you have a JoAnn's where you are, Erin. Don't know if they have them in Canada. But I just saw an ad that they are going to have cricut cartridges for $30 the day after Thanksgiving (Friday). Wonder if you can order them online for that price? Anyway, just thought I'd pass this on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #2443  
Pearl-ExPert

Erin, so far as I know that is the difference - You can go up to 12". You can look at hallmarkscrapbook.com for cartridges and accessories...they have some good deals/sales. If you sign up for her newsletter you get notice of the sales via email. They even offer pre-orders of new releases.

OMG - now Amy has me enabling!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #2444  
Stampin' Fool

We don't have JoAnne's in Canada. The Michael prices will be more here. I was just told that they are selling them for $100 cheaper than I paid at Michaels so now I have to wait to open mine to see if I can get it cheaper. That's two more cartridges right!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #2445  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got behind again.....

Paula - happy birthday - I can't make it fancy since I'm limited by my understanding of SCS technology but hopefully you can see the smile with the words. Hope your stamp club goes well - is it tonight?

Off for the next few days. Mother in Law is staying with us Thursday - Sunday. We'll do dinner and cards (and wine) at my parent's house. Friday is family Christmas card day and putting up the snowman collection - I'm soo excited - Conlyn is just happy his mom is here to help me since there are a lot of snowmen in my collection! Saturday is shopping in the morning and then belated MIL birthday - we're making three mini books my mom already kitted for us. Then Sunday I will sleep again. This season is always so hectic but I LOVE IT!

Having a nice glass of wine to celebrate the beginning of vacation and the end of the work week & calendar class. I'm off to place an order and work on Christmas cards. Hopefully you don't all get Christmas cards from me that look like I made them while tipsy - although that would be a little funny....

Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving with lots of fun photos and hopefully not too many mishaps (unless they are funny - I always have a good comedic story after our family holidays...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #2446  
Hardware Hotshot

Erin- There are other differences between the expression and the original cricut. More functions and tighter increments when you move the blade. Mike's sells a smaller version that has the same functions for more than the original machine but less than the big one.

I have the big one and have only cut bigger things with it a couple of times, but it is nice if you are cutting out a lot of something to not have to change your paper so many times.

I only know it has more functions because I went to a free class Robert's offered on it.

Stacy- Sounds like a fun weekend ahead.

Jen- Glad to hear you arrived safely. And thank you for the clarification on the elf. As a fellow procrastinator, I will probably be a few days later than the first in the mail, but it will arrive on my elfette's door long before the 12th. I promise!

Everyone else - I hope your thanksgiving prep is going well (or that you will enjoy not cooking if that is what you do).

Tomorrow, it is pie and stuffing day. I stumbled across this stuffing recipe a few years back and now DH expects it to be made every year. It's very yummy, but a lot harder than stove top.

Lisa- Your pumpkin bars were a big hit here and at the neighbors. I gave her the recipe too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #2447  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, the pdf for Holiday Extravaganza is up:
http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/bundles_US.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #2448  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Hey, the pdf for Holiday Extravaganza is up:
http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/bundles_US.pdf
Printing it as I type!

Thanks for adding the info on the Expression Paula - I really had no idea there was that much more to it...now do I trade up???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #2449  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!!!
Looks like All in the Family will be retiring. I've always wanted it, just never bought it. I have the wheel, but at that price, I think I might have to splurge and get it. Hhhhmmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #2450  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Wow!!!
Looks like All in the Family will be retiring. I've always wanted it, just never bought it. I have the wheel, but at that price, I think I might have to splurge and get it. Hhhhmmmm....
Really? Where did you see that? I saw the asterisks on the Well Worn and Star something or other, but i didn't see that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:02 AM   #2451  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Really? Where did you see that? I saw the asterisks on the Well Worn and Star something or other, but i didn't see that.
Right. I missed this astericks thing on first glance too. But it looks like All in the family is going to be around in the next catalog.

I am ordering the curvy punch label set because I have wanted it for a while. I have already sold a mission embossible bundle this morning. I am waiting to hear from the rest of my club members. I told them I wanted the order in by noon today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #2452  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Thanks for adding the info on the Expression Paula - I really had no idea there was that much more to it...now do I trade up???
I am not sure I've actually used any of the extra functions that much. I would say if you are happy with the one you have there is no reason to upgrade. (Guess I am not feeling like much of an enabler today )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:12 AM   #2453  
Hardware Hotshot

Do I need the on board bundle too?

I should mention that we just found out that Spencer has been accepted into a very expensive therapeutic preschool program and there isn't much hope that our insurance is going to cover it. It is for kids that are either in foster care or in new adoptive situations so it's perfect for him. I'm just in a bit of sticker shock over the cost. It's eight times as much as the private preschool we sent our other son too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:14 AM   #2454  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Was assuming....didn't see the astericks either!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #2455  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Do I need the on board bundle too?

I should mention that we just found out that Spencer has been accepted into a very expensive therapeutic preschool program and there isn't much hope that our insurance is going to cover it. It is for kids that are either in foster care or in new adoptive situations so it's perfect for him. I'm just in a bit of sticker shock over the cost. It's eight times as much as the private preschool we sent our other son too.
I'm going to say no to the bundle since your next thing was about the preschool

Seriously, 8 times as expensive...wow! Would one year of it be enough to settle him in do you think or will it be 3 years or?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #2456  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Paula. Will the state help with it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #2457  
Hardware Hotshot

Don't know if we qualify for help from the state. He was on medicaid before so there is a chance we might be able to get him back on it as a secondary policy to our insurance. Our policy will pay for the therapy sessions that are recommended on top of the preschool.

We'd like to put him in it for at least the next six months and then evaluate in June whether he is ready for the private preschool next fall. Because his adoption fee was lower than what we had saved for a newborn, we do have some money in savings that we could use. And there are lots of areas in our lives we could cut back. I know it will work out because it is what he needs and it will just have to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #2458  
Crimping Master

Wow, Paula! That's a lot of money! But you're right - if it's the right thing for Spencer, you and your DH will find a way to manage it. And like Rhonda said, maybe it doesn't need to be a long-term thing. Great news, though, that he got accepted!

Jen, if you decide to order the All in the Family Bundle, and you already have the wheel, I'd be happy to do some sort of a trade with you for the wheel. I've always wanted it but never got around to buying it!

So, I'm setting up my Nativity set this morning. So far I've broken the head off the shepherd and the hands off Baby Jesus. Really! Bad girl!

Going to get coffee...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 AM   #2459  
Stazon Splitcoast

Uh oh. Better not stand too close to Pamela! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #2460  
Mad Swapper

Do you think ANYTHING will be left on Monday? I have my hostess group on Monday and the gals want to wait to order so it will count towards their order. Maybe I should go ahead and collect orders and then just stamp on Monday. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #2461  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm wondering if anything will be left, too! I am not ordering till I can add it on to the preview order.

If all your club members are ready to order, I'd just do it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #2462  
Hardware Hotshot

I would get your club orders today too Kathy (if everyone is ready). Unless you really need December sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #2463  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am feeling a little sorry for myself, so I came to my SA sisters!

The new inhaler I've been on for just over a week--it turns out it's making me worse. It's causing my airways to swell even more, making my asthma more critical. I would sigh heavily here if I could. <wink>

So now I have to go thru a detox period of 24-48 hours before it's mostly out of my system. This is such a fabulous time of year to not be able to breathe! LOL Meanwhile, I'm using my rescue inhaler about every 90 minutes to stay alive. Nothing else to do till the other one wears off.

But on a happier note, my sister placed an order for more than $100, so I am officially over $1000 this month! I rarely do that! And my upline asked me--as "a top selling demo" LOL--to talk about what's working for me at her next downline meeting. She has a very large downline, so that's a nice compliment.

Thanks for listening to me whine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #2464  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. That stinks. Amazing how the lungs can just swell like that. I cannot even imagine what you're going through. I hope you feel better soon!! My limited experiences with inhalers during bronchitis give me some idea that you must be pretty miserable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #2465  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're sweet! Hope your weekend is going well! I think mainly I'm so *tired* of not being able to breathe! But it should get better soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #2466  
Pearl-ExPert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Amy (((HUGS))) Ok I had chronic Asthma too.. but God Blessed me and the last time I had an attack was 2 years ago.. It was to the point that I had to have treatments every weekend or so and in this weather FORGET IT I couldn't even go outside! I was so hyper (yes even more then I am now) and always had to have my inhaler my poor DH would always run looking for one of my inhalers (cause I had to have 2 or 3 everywhere I was)
so what helped me you ask. My Midwife.. I know you must be saying WHO? Yes she does everything natural including medicine wise. For me I wanted to try ANYTHING that would help and at that time I was expecting Gabi,when I was pregnant with my Anjie I had to get hospitalized because my Asthma was sooo bad. I got so much meds. and although I asked isn't this going to harm the baby they said no cause if I couldn't breath then she couldn't breathe... So I did take it.. I know they can't pin point and tell me or anyone for that matter what SIDS is but to me I just feel that had something in some way to do with Anjie passing.. ok anyway the reason I say all of that.. My Midwife knew I didn't want to take any meds. and said if I trusted enough to try and I said ANYTHING and so I started on : R.P 75 and Omega Extra Forte Fish Oil and what I take daily now is Sambucol..and also when I felt like I was going to wheeze or have an attack I used my neb. with Saline (it looks the med you use for the neb.but its Saline) and slowly it really has worked for me.
and even though I am a sweet junky I have learned that what we take in really has allot with our resp. system esp. our lungs. I know I am rambling but hey it never hurts to try some of the Omega Extra if you want. I REALLLLLYY hope you feel better ASAP because I KNOW how it feels and I will say a prayer so your breathing gets better. Oh I almost forgot. I also use Oreango Oil I get at the Health food store you massage it on your feet before bed and put socks on and that helps too. But I warn you it stinks to HIGH HEAVEN! lol..

And about your sales.. YOU GO GIRL!!!! High Cyber 5!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #2467  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amy - congrats on being a "top selling demo" - Does that mean your ladies will be stealing even more of your ideas since what you are doing seems to be working. hee hee On a serious note, I hope you can breathe soon! I love winter because my allergies fly away with the dead leaves and I can go without headaches - I'll send healthy thoughts your way.

Pam - I giggled at your story. Every year when I pull out the snowman, I find noses everywhere. But breaking baby Jesus - uh oh....

Paula - I'm sure everything will work out with the school. He's lucky to have a mom and dad that care so much - you are wonderful!

I feel like Sally Homemaker today. I'm not used to being able to run multiple errands, just whatever I can fit in my lunch hour (when I get a lunch hour). Anyhow, I got my oil changed and convinced the nice guy to replace my headlight becuase I don't have the patience. Went to the bank, mailed the calendars my customers ordered, bought stamps for Christmas cards (always forget that part and end up at the post office with all the holiday shippers!) Also got to Office Max and bought things to make into cute office sets for my co-workers and printer paper for the calendars I'm giving out. Oh, and hit the grocery store and got everything I'm supposed to take to mom's for the weekend and to feed the troops while our company is here. All in 2 hours - I'm liking this pace..... Now I have the kitchen cleaned and laundry going and I'm getting to relax with my lunch and catch up with you all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #2468  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ellie! I had my last 3 babies at home! Midwives are a great source. I'm so sorry about your baby. When I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter (not a homebirth), I had terrible pneumonia issues, and I was *assured* the antibiotics and inhalers would not cross the placenta. (This was in 1994). Well, my baby was born and ended up being allergic to every antibiotic available. We were blessed to have her survive, but I know she was affected. Makes you really careful, doesn't it?

My asthma has always been very easy to control till the last several months. But my mom reminded me that her asthma was horrible in her 40s, so it's probably a hormone thing. <roll eyes> This being a woman stuff just gets better and better! LOL

I am taking oregano oil capsules right now, and I think they were helping before I started on the evil-super-inhaler. I was born with an immune deficiency, so everything affects me weird. I will look into the omega fish oils. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #2469  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy--yes, probably. LOL It's so hard to be so successful! Bwahahahahaha! You sound like superwoman today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #2470  
Crimping Master

Wow, Stacy! You go, girl! I'm still in my pajamas! Don't you feel great when you get a lot done? Of course, I wouldn't know, being in my pajamas and all, and it's noon here! (LOVE having the day off!)

Aw-w-w, Amy, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble breathing - that would be the scariest thing in the world to me! I'm thinking that Ellie's advice regarding the Omega fish oil and even the oregano oil is worth a try. Speaking as a dietitian, when we consume carbohydrates, we produce a lot of carbon dioxide, that we have to "breathe off". When we consume a high fat diet (bad for people with heart disease, but good for asthmatics!), we product much less carbon dioxide. So, that said, go eat some cream cheese, some sour cream dip, some gravy - hey, even some pumpkin pie with whipped topping! And congrats on your sales this month!

Getting in the shower, then going to my son's house to do some Thanksgiving dinner prep. (Ahem, Jen, he is the 40 y/o SINGLE (never been married) mechanical engineer with a five bedroom house to die for, just waiting for the right girl and kids! Does triathalons, marathons, and knows how to treat a woman like a queen! No wife yet because he is such a workaholic he never goes out!

Good day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #2471  
Stazon Splitcoast

Does artichoke dip count? Cause I've been eating that like crazy. LOL That is so cool to know! No one has ever mentioned that to me about carbs! Not that I'm a high carb person anyway.

I will definitely get the omega fish oil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #2472  
Stampin' Fool

I went to Michaels and they are on sale for $39.99 here in Canada and I bought 7 (all Disney ones). I am going to play since I thought I might have to search several Michaels to find the ones I want but I didn't. Walmart has a much better selection than Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #2473  
Stampin' Fool

Too funny Pam...you just stepped up SA into the matchmaking!! We are an all encompassing group aren't we!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #2474  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
Wow, Stacy! You go, girl! I'm still in my pajamas! Don't you feel great when you get a lot done? Of course, I wouldn't know, being in my pajamas and all, and it's noon here! (LOVE having the day off!)

Aw-w-w, Amy, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble breathing - that would be the scariest thing in the world to me! I'm thinking that Ellie's advice regarding the Omega fish oil and even the oregano oil is worth a try. Speaking as a dietitian, when we consume carbohydrates, we produce a lot of carbon dioxide, that we have to "breathe off". When we consume a high fat diet (bad for people with heart disease, but good for asthmatics!), we product much less carbon dioxide. So, that said, go eat some cream cheese, some sour cream dip, some gravy - hey, even some pumpkin pie with whipped topping! And congrats on your sales this month!

Good day, everyone!
wow, good thing I have good lungs then! I am a carbaholic. But love those dips too. Maybe I eat enough of both to cancel each other out.

Amy I hope your breathing improves quickly. How awful to have to suck air. Have you tried soy for the hormone side of things? Maybe that will help all around.

Pamela, no more breaking things! Don't ya just love jammie days!

Paula, you and your hubby are amazing. Spencer and AJ are very blessed to have such loving parents who truly want what is best for them.

Hi Jen - hope you are enjoying your visit.

Speaking of the Cricut Expression - WM is advertising it for $199 on Friday...DH was actually trying to tell me to get it...you can craigslist the smaller one he said...it's bigger and better right? And he says, all your scrapbooking is 12x12 right, cause I know more than any man should about this stuff he says! LOL!!! It was a total hoot of a conversation. I kept telling him the one I have is fine...and he kept saying but this one is better right, can do more stuff right?...gotta love my hubby!

I worked 2 whooping hours today, went and picked up my 23# turkey and am not sitting here doing nothing - or surfing about online. DH is napping and I am so not stressed about cleaning my house or needing to get up at 6 to get the turkey in the oven. Maybe when DH gets up we can go to a movie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #2475  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KyleView Post
Too funny Pam...you just stepped up SA into the matchmaking!! We are an all encompassing group aren't we!!
What a wonderful idea...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #2476  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KyleView Post
I went to Michaels and they are on sale for $39.99 here in Canada and I bought 7 (all Disney ones). I am going to play since I thought I might have to search several Michaels to find the ones I want but I didn't. Walmart has a much better selection than Michaels.
Wow Erin, that is cool! I love Disney. Been to Disney World 3 or 4 times before getting married...now I will probably not get to go back...DH just rolls his eyes everytime I mention it. Guess I can't complain too much, I just figured out I have 6 weeks off planned already this coming year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #2477  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Getting in the shower, then going to my son's house to do some Thanksgiving dinner prep. (Ahem, Jen, he is the 40 y/o SINGLE (never been married) mechanical engineer with a five bedroom house to die for, just waiting for the right girl and kids! Does triathalons, marathons, and knows how to treat a woman like a queen! No wife yet because he is such a workaholic he never goes out!

Good day, everyone!

HAHAHA - You are just wonderful - always looking out for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #2478  
Crimping Master

I'm gone for a few days and now there's match making going on Jen - it never hurts to try.............

Amy - I hope you're breathing freeely soon! Drink lots of water to flush the bad medicine out.

I'm just stopping in for a quick visit. I can't wait for the weekend. I need to relax. I have been so busy I ca't see straight. One more week this semester and then it's 4 weeks off school!!! Our weather has been so nice, that I've been using every spare minute to help DH put up a fence and do some more outdoor stuff. I'm praying for rain, so we can stop!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! Blessings to all of you!!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #2479  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Jen - Sounds like you'd better plan a trip to San Diego to visit Pamela soon.

Amy- So sorry about the asthma. I have had asthma off and on my whole life and am blessed to be in an "off" time right now. I hope that you will be able breathe again soon. I know just having asthma is exhausting because of all the effort it takes to breathe.

Lisa- $199 is a great deal on the Expressions. I think my DH paid at least $300 for it last Christmas.

Erin- I have the Mickey and pals cartridge and I have been chicken to use it because of all the layering involved. I bought some frames for Spencer's room and hoping to make a Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto for his walls one of these days.

Ellie- I can't imagine anything harder than losing your baby like that. Blessings to you.

Stacy- I thought I was having a good day getting things done. Not nearly
as productive as you though. You go girl!

I am still waiting for two orders from hostess club. Emailed, left messages, still nothing. I had a feeling I should have collected back up orders in case I didn't hear from them today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #2480  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
I'm gone for a few days and now there's match making going on Jen - it never hurts to try.............

Amy - I hope you're breathing freeely soon! Drink lots of water to flush the bad medicine out.

I'm just stopping in for a quick visit. I can't wait for the weekend. I need to relax. I have been so busy I ca't see straight. One more week this semester and then it's 4 weeks off school!!! Our weather has been so nice, that I've been using every spare minute to help DH put up a fence and do some more outdoor stuff. I'm praying for rain, so we can stop!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! Blessings to all of you!!
Missi
You might get your wish. Aren't we suppose to get a storm tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Likes