Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #2401  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I'm suppossed to find old high school photos. Geesh... I found a box from just after high school. Oh and they want current photos too. Um, I have NO current photos of me and the boys together!! I don't have time for this stuff. Couldn't they have given us more notice than an email TODAY???!!!! (The reunion is on Sat.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #2402  
Stazon Splitcoast

What about those cute pictures at the Christmas park? Or do I have that mixed up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #2403  
Crimping Master

Happy Birthday, Paula!!! A big cyber-birthday hug to you!

And hellos and hugs to all my sweet SA friends! Love you all! More later . . . running . . .

Gone, but I haven't forgotten any of you! And I am SO in for a shoebox swap at Convention 2009! I'll be staying at the Residence Inn City Center - about 3 blocks from the convention center. I could check on a meeting room there - or if it's only about 10 of us, we could do it in my suite. Whaddya think?

Gotta run! Love, love, love to you all!

And Paula, have the best birthday EVER! You are such a sweet mommy and loving person - you deserve the best!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #2404  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found a WHOLE box of photos from high school!!! Oh my goodness!!! 1984 - 1988.....lots and lots of big hair, crazy clothes!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #2405  
Hardware Hotshot

Too funny Jen. Were the 80's just especially that way, or will the kids today look back and ask how their mom's let them out of the house dressed like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #2406  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Pamela! Except for dumping two dozen eggs out the back of my SUV when I got home from Costco, it's been a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #2407  
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you have a dog to clean that up for you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #2408  
Pearl-ExPert

Today's progress report...Got half of the journalling done and in the book. Got cookies baked for HOME group tonight. Got the craft room mostly in order, still need to move/hide Christmas gifts for family that will be here Thursday. Got some of the house picked up - still need to "clean" it all. Filled out registration forms for mission to Zimbabwe - DH just needs to sign his and they can be sent. Still have no laundry started and the dishwasher is still full of clean dishes and the sink with dirty dishes. Posted to my blog. And now I feel like taking a nap. Which I really cannot. I have to get the dishes done and at least start laundry. DH is enroute home and will arrive in the middle of group tonight and I need to pick him up at the driver's house probably about 8-8:30. He is a tired boy and will want to come home, shower and crash. Oh, and I do have to shower and change out of my pj's before taking cookies to group. No way I will go even to the grocery looking as scary as I do right now! LOL.

I have been invited by a friend to join facebook today too. I really don't think I am going to go there. I am happy with my life now and those in my life now. Those I don't talk to...well I guess I don't really want to ya know. There are maybe two people I can think of that I would want to catch up with after all these years and more that I really don't want to find me. After having worked in law enforcement I just can't get past the red flags in my head.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #2409  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula, Bummer about the scrambled eggs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #2410  
Hardware Hotshot

Nope. No dog here. Just a hose and paper towels to clean up the mess. I did manage to salvage about 10 eggs that where either not cracked, or barely cracked (that I finished cracking and put in a bowl in the fridge.) But I was already running late to get AJ to school. Regular Monday stuff around here really.

I just got back from my big T-Day grocery shopping trip. Turkey is thawing in the fridge. Now I wonder haw many times I will have to run back to the store in the next three days.

Lisa- I didn't know you worked in LE. Tell me what you did? My DH is a former Sheriff's deputy and now a federal agent. Part of my emergency management job I used to have had me filling in as the Public Info Officer for the Highway Patrol a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #2411  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula I was a dispatcher for a sheriff's dept. I was there a year and although I did like the work, I didn't like missing out on the family events/holidays with families that came with the crazy schedule. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. We hear of things happening and blow them off as too extreme or weird - thinking those stories have to be embellished...well I can say first hand that "weird" "crazy" ewwww stuff really does happen.

Off to get some dinner, drop off cookies to group and go pick up DH. I really am glad he is almost home, I really miss him today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #2412  
Matboard Maniac

Happy birthday to my Convention Buddy!! Enjoy your evening and good luck on that "to do" list Paula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #2413  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I just got my hair cut and colored for the big reunion. It's sooo expensive, but so worth it!! It looks great and I feel great!! I still have a ton to do - had to teach CCD today too, and get the oil changed in the car and gassed up and still have to unpack the trunk area and finish packing and ACK!!!

Did I tell you all how freakin' cute the colonial villages turned out at Jack's school today?
They had to make either 2 Pilgrims or 2 NAs and bring them in. Then today they had to bring in twigs and stones and grass and moss and stuff to use. Well, everyone shared and we had so much fun. Jack made a house out of a milk carton and pretzels and frosted mini-wheats, while I made the teepee out of clay, popsicle sticks and feathers. Then he made a river out of clay and we stuck in some shrubbery for trees. Then he made a table and made a fish out of clay and some corn out of clay too. All the kids did so well. They were so cute!
So, here's the problem. He now wants to take it to NJ for the Thanksgiving centerpiece. So, it has to survive a 5 hour car ride!! I'm thinking.........glue gun!!!!!!!!! I'll take a picture of it and post it on our return!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #2414  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
So, I just got my hair cut and colored for the big reunion. It's sooo expensive, but so worth it!! It looks great and I feel great!! I still have a ton to do - had to teach CCD today too, and get the oil changed in the car and gassed up and still have to unpack the trunk area and finish packing and ACK!!!

Did I tell you all how freakin' cute the colonial villages turned out at Jack's school today?
They had to make either 2 Pilgrims or 2 NAs and bring them in. Then today they had to bring in twigs and stones and grass and moss and stuff to use. Well, everyone shared and we had so much fun. Jack made a house out of a milk carton and pretzels and frosted mini-wheats, while I made the teepee out of clay, popsicle sticks and feathers. Then he made a river out of clay and we stuck in some shrubbery for trees. Then he made a table and made a fish out of clay and some corn out of clay too. All the kids did so well. They were so cute!
So, here's the problem. He now wants to take it to NJ for the Thanksgiving centerpiece. So, it has to survive a 5 hour car ride!! I'm thinking.........glue gun!!!!!!!!! I'll take a picture of it and post it on our return!!
Same here...I guess the pilgrim/Native American landscape project is standard in all states?.....we only have a two hour trip though, so Emma's village will be the centerpiece!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #2415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Happy Birthday Paula!!! Sorry I'm late!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #2416  
Stampin' Fool

Go away for a weekend and boy there's a lot happening... Firstly

Happy Birthday Paula!!

I finished my 8.5 x 8.5 2008 Convention Album or should I say Albums, yes it wouldn't fit into one album. Which is too funny because Kim C (fellow SA member) was on the same retreat and she did hers (had the same pictures) and she only had 20 page protectors so she did her to fit 40 pages. I did mine and it came out to 62 pages, only 22 more than hers. Oh well, the most exciting thing was when I came home to put my tag in the clear envie and attach the envie to the inside of the album, I found my SA tag behind it. I was so excited. I used it to emblish my album cover.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #2417  
Stazon Splitcoast

My elf package is going on a ride tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #2418  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Happy Birthday, Paula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #2419  
Mad Swapper

I know everyone is probably asleep right now, but I'm home! We had such a great time. Lots of family. Lots of memories. Safe trip and cheap gas ($1.59 - $1.79)!!!! Who could ask for more!

We pulled in about 11:30 p.m. and there was my Big Shot waiting for me! I don't dare open it tonight. It will just have to stay safe in its box until I get up in the morning.

Y'all have been so busy - as usual! I have missed my daily check in and chatter. Can't wait to *talk* to everyone tomorrow.

It's very late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Paula. Your egg story 'cracked' me up!

See ya soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 AM   #2420  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have an elf question.

Is the idea that *everyone* starts their 12 days on the same day??? So we all do a reveal together online? Or do people just start with their 12 days whenever Dec 1st/their package arrives?

Am I over thinking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 AM   #2421  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought I read that it will start the 8th and go through the 20th Amy?

Glad you had a great reunion Kathy!!! Welcome back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #2422  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's what I thought, but then I wasn't sure if I understood it right. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #2423  
Mad Swapper

wow.. we do have this all mixed up.. I remember reading the 12th to Christmas.. or maybe i'm just crazy... also completely possible.

mine are not quite ready to go for a ride yet.. another day or two!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #2424  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Am ladies!

its a nice rainy day here in NY.. Oh I forgot to say yesterday I have a 12 days of Holiday Helper newsletter going out if any of you guys would want to see it ? It has tutorials and other info on it.. all you have to do is go to my blog and sign up.. maybe it will help with your elf goodies the first day I'm sending it out is today so if you would like to get it you have to sign up before 12 pm (EST)

Any Hoot.. I CAN NOT believe its only 1 month from today and its Christmas How did that happen?? MY GOSH and then we will have 2009

I am about to go and finish up my teacher's gifts (only will have to wait on the tins) and then work on my other gifts...

and my swaps.. which are due and I have to mail them out this weekend. WOW how time flys!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #2425  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Kathy! Glad you had such a good trip. Gas here is $1.59 too!

Ellie - would love to see your newsletter. 1 month from today!!! Guess I better count how many Christmas cards I have left to do and get busy on them this weekend.

DH home safe and sound. I am so glad too. I finally slept good last night. Don't know what it was, but this time away I really missed him. At least on a mission trip I am too busy and tired to miss him until the very end of the 10 days. Always nice to come home.

Speaking of mission trips - we are for real (with the help of God) going back to Zimbabwe in May!!! WooooHOooo!!! I get to love on them babies they have been having since we left! And all the others we will encounter while there, but our friends there and their families have a special place in my heart.

I better get some work done before my boss pulls up. He called and is on his way back to the office now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #2426  
Mad Swapper

Well, dragging here! I couldn't wind down until 2 a.m. and had to be up early to return the rental van we drove to TN. And now I'm trying to decided where to start before I leave to teach piano in 3 hours. Guess I'll just take one bag at a time. I did make my bed!

Ellie, I signed up for your newsletter - can't wait to see your fun projects!

Erin, I'm glad for you that you found your SA tag. And jealous of all the scrapping you got done. Good for you!

Amy, how are you feeling - are you getting over your bronchitis?

Tuesday hugs to everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #2427  
Mad Swapper

I don't even want to touch the suitcases! I got sidetracked by the 700!!!! blog posts stacked up in my google reader. There are lots of yummy stamping things in these posts!!!! I need to STAMP!

And I unpacked my Big Shot. This is going to be a lot of fun. I picked up the big snowflake die at JoAnn's this weekend for 40% off and I already have a lot of the BS dies that I had bought to use with my cuttlebug. I need to PLAY!

But most of all I guess I need to shower. Fix my hair and put make-up on. I will play tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #2428  
Pearl-ExPert

OH my gosh i am sooooooooooooo sleepy right now! lol.. Its so quiet right now in my house Gabi is sleeping and my FIL is in the front (living room) cause they are fixing his car so I have been in my scrap room all day.. and now I want to take a nap in my comfy chair.. I think I am going to join Gabi in a nap in a minute WOW... and to scream I have no more Reese Pieces Buttercups! GASSSPPPP... lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #2429  
Stampin' Fool

I just walked into Walmart to get some cherry candies (rudolph noses) and I walked out with a Circut Expression. How did that happen, hmmmm???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #2430  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool! All I got was another inhaler.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #2431  
Pearl-ExPert

Ellie, did you get a nap?
Kathy, thanks for your comments on my blog. Have fun with your big shot. I should post a photo of the page I used the top note die on...after I get the journalling on it.
Amy, are you still over in the demo forum keeping score with Tandra? LOL what a thread that is!
Hi everyone!
I have been so far productive today - worked 4.5 hours, then to the post office, hid Christmas gifts and cleaned the bathroom. Also got a couple of posts on my blog updated/edited. Laundry started too. And I have only been home for an hour! Wow - and I have been on SCS for at least 15 minutes.
Have only 10 coming on Thursday now, BIL and his GF are not coming. DH talked to him and doesn't remember why, but at least remembered to tell me not to expect them.
Now off to mop the floors. I don't know why, but I hate that job.
Ta for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #2432  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KyleView Post
I just walked into Walmart to get some cherry candies (rudolph noses) and I walked out with a Circut Expression. How did that happen, hmmmm???

Very Cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #2433  
Pearl-ExPert

Nope Lisa I started to play with my Country Holiday Kit cause I have been getting customers say but what am I suppose to do with all that stuff I can't use it after the Holidays.. WELL YES YOU CAN.. and so I am doing that. and I have Bday cards and also Valentine day cards and lets see what else I come up with!

Erin that is soo funny.. I miss my bug..sniff,sniff but it needed a home that would be loved cause I have my BS and thats what I play now and I can demo it..

Amy you did a left turn instead of the right thats why you just got the inhaler! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #2434  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't gotten a chance to read up on everyone's news, but wanted to let you know that we arrived in NJ safely. We left around 10 and got in just about 15 minutes ago....a little over 6 hours trip, including 45 minutes at Red Robin ( ) and a shoulder pit stop for Drew to pee on the road in the Bronx, NYC. That was fun, in the middle of traffic!!! It was heavy, driving rain the first two hours and lots of traffic too. Some accidents and all that, but by the time we got here to NJ the roads were dry and it was sunny. The kids are happily playing and my dad just made me a cocktail to destress and unwind with. Aaaaahhhh....
Will try to check in tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #2435  
Stazon Splitcoast

The elfettes should/can start opening the 12th!! Though I know some of you won't be able to wait that long and are going to cheat!! I set the deadline of mailing for the 1st, knowing that some of us (ahem, ME!!!) procrastinate and wouldn't make that deadline, but still have enough time to finish and get the package there by the 12th!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #2436  
Stampin' Fool

The real funny thing is that I didn't get enough cherry sours, so I have to go back quickly before schools out and cartridge might be in that bag!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #2437  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, you don't want your Cricut to be LONELY, do you????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #2438  
Pearl-ExPert

Ellie you crack my up - Amy too!

Erin, you might just have to buy something else you didn't know you had to have...just ask Amy, she is a good "reference" (aka enabler) for everything!

Hey Jen - Happy Turkey with your family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #2439  
Stampin' Fool

Well, I haven't rushed so quickly before to get something. I have my cherry sours and now I have 20 minutes to finish this project. There wasn't any cartridges that said 'buy me' at regular price. They had a soccer and a basketball one that were tempting but at $50 each, I thought I would wait. I want the Disney ones. The selection was lacking. But now that I have the machine I can get them as I want, right! I can wait!! This is so hard for me to do...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #2440  
Stampin' Fool

Quick question for you Circut owners. I waited because I really wanted the expression because it does the 12x12. Is that the only difference? Does anyone else have the Expression?
Reply With Quote Likes