Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #2361  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't get into the facebook thing. I'm on there, but everything seems to be based around the little extras and when I click on the stuff my friends send me, I get a pop-up that says that my profile PLUS THE PROFILES OF EVERYONE IN MY FRIENDS LIST will get uploaded. Uh, not cool. I don't like my OWN info going out to parties unknown and I sure wouldn't let my friends' info out there. But I guess my friends are already uploading ME to all those places. So sad that people I know and like would just toss my info out to marketing weasles....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #2362  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sure it's showing my age, but Facebook scares me. Says the person who has had a website of one kind or another since 1999. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #2363  
Stazon Splitcoast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are cleaning the playroom/craft room today. The craft area is still a mess - I think I'll do that part later with a glass of wine while the kids watch cartoons. I promised them if they were good at cleaning we would go out to lunch. So far, so good. We've been cleaning for an hour, so I'm giving them a half hour break. Then we'll clean for another hour - hopefully be done and then we can go out to lunch.

I have a million things to do today. Tomorrow I am watching a friend's son from 12 - 2, so I wanted the playroom clean - good excuse. Hopefully I can pack while the kids all play together. Guess I should do laundry today too, then, huh?!

Then Jack has a birthday party from 3 - 5 at the Y - swimming. He will be excited - it's an old friend from preschool. Nice family, nice kid, who we should play with more often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:01 AM   #2364  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope everyone that is at crops is having a ton of fun and getting a lot of pages done!

Stacy - hope your calendar stuff is going well!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and is getting ready to eat turkey!

Liz - Don't forget to go buy the bird!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:04 AM   #2365  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
I can't get into the facebook thing. I'm on there, but everything seems to be based around the little extras and when I click on the stuff my friends send me, I get a pop-up that says that my profile PLUS THE PROFILES OF EVERYONE IN MY FRIENDS LIST will get uploaded. Uh, not cool. I don't like my OWN info going out to parties unknown and I sure wouldn't let my friends' info out there. But I guess my friends are already uploading ME to all those places. So sad that people I know and like would just toss my info out to marketing weasles....
I don't do all that little stuff. I just use it to keep updated with friends and it's kind of fun. I have over 200 requests for stuff, that I've just ignored. Not because I'm mean, but I don't have time for all of that!! It's been kind of fun, since my high school reunion (20th!!!) is this coming Sat. and a lot of people are on there.
I found out that a friend of mine from middle school is a performance drag queen in Miami!! (We all knew he was gay way back then too.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #2366  
Hardware Hotshot

I realized last night that I hadn't even planned on sweet potatoes. They are not my favorite so I usually have my SIL bring them. I told her to bring rolls instead this time. Guess I should figure something out since they are traditional.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #2367  
Hardware Hotshot

And I missed a whole page of updates. Part of my DH's job is to find and shut down people who use social networking sites like My Space and Facebook for illegal things. (Mostly child predators). And I used to do contract work for an Internet Safety group. So I always stayed away from them because I've only heard the bad. But my brothers are on there as well as several friends so I finally caved to the pressure. It's been fun so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #2368  
Pearl-ExPert

Buenos Dias Chicas...

MANNN its cold.. its only 24 with a nice wind chill of 14 oh the joy! lol..

Well I am about to almost head out the door I have a workshop/class.. (more class then workshop) wish me luck.. Hubby will watch the babes and when I get back hopefully it will be movie day/night.. lol. as he got some movies for us . hmm Guru and That Adam Sander movie I can't wait..

He had emailed me that although it took forever and a day to get VA lol.. he enjoyed it cause we got to have "US" time.. and its true... we are so busy in our worlds we hardly have time for us only at night to say Good night.. so this has been good.. Well hope everyone has a wonderful day. Jen hope you get to get your lunch w/your boys.. I am going to see if surprise the kids on Wednesday since they get out early and we will go to the mall and go to the Macy's and drop off letters to Santa!

HUGS to all and keep warm!

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #2369  
Stazon Splitcoast

You know you've been coughing long and hard when you pull a rib muscle. <roll eyes> Ironically, it's the process of getting better that did it. Before, I couldn't get enough air to made any difference. LOL

Sooo, I hope to spend lots of today sitting quietly working on my elf stuff. That will be good therapy for my heart and my ribs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #2370  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Sounds fun Amy! Feel better though!

I'm making Inspiration Challenge cards and realized I haven't used Winter is Calling yet this year....we can't have that!

Good luck with your ws/class Ellie!

Busy day Jen....sounds fun though....I too hope everyone has a great day with their crops and plans!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #2371  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow so I see its been very quiet here huh?! lol.. Just got back from class/ws and I DID AWESOME and the gals loved the projects YEAHHH I even sold 2 of the Country Holiday kits..I LOVE THOSE KITS! lol.. they have so much to play with I am about to go and get some snowflakes and have the boys dress them up to take to my MIL for her tree.. hmm and work on a swap I am in.. its a sketch swap so I have to decided which one to use I have picked 2 sketches but can't decide.. I better as this swap is due on the 5th! as a matter of fact 2 swaps I'm in are due then! Off to figure out what I am doing..

Keep warm ladies it is SOOO COLD here.. BRRRR..

Warm hugs your way!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #2372  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy, I hope you feel better soon! I can sympathize, as the past two years I have gotten bronchitis in Dec. Hoping to miss this year!! I think it's from the pool chemicals from swimming - since I've only gotten it since I started swimming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #2373  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies!
Just popping on to report my crop progress...I have 17 pages completed, minus journalling that is. I have two more to go for this trip and I am done!!! Except I have to finish at home - need a couple more photos and did not bring my photo printer. So after I am done here I am working on journalling for awhile, then watch The Holiday and finish this bottle of wine...and maybe start on the next one. :blush: Having a blast - such a super girl weekend! Too bad we all don't live near each other.

Have a great evening all! Be back tomorrow evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #2374  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow - I disappeared for a week and alot of crafting went on! HI EVERYONE!

Amy - Thanks for letting me know about Stamper's Showcase. My sister (upline) is usually a stalker of those galleries for her group but she's started a new job so I guess I'll have to rely on you now to tell me when something shows up. Thanks for volunteering.

I did the coolest card ever a few nights ago. Took forever but it's totally going to be on of my cards when I do my Artisan Award this time. Finished three of the create calendars and clipboards for my friend gift exchange and tomorrow get to do 8 desktop calendars. Made it through 2 days of the camp and have 1 left tomorrow. Survived my difficult customers thanks to my fun and friendly ones.

I get to take 3 weeks for Christmas - no pager, no laptop, no work - I'm soooo excited - I haven't gotten to take a vacation without communication in 8 years! Imagine all the crafting I'll get to do, especially with my new bind it all!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's Thanksgiving next week. Anyone found any posts on the extravaganza (or however you spell it) bundles? Trying to figure out if I place an order before that so it ships fast or if I wait to see what the bundles are. I sense a zoo coming on....

Off to cut Christmas Card kits for Family Xmas Card Day next week.

Take care everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #2375  
Pearl-ExPert

oh and I always order a fresh turkey from the meat market - costs more, but no thawing necessary. It's a dream with a side by side fridge that you can't put anything in!

Have most of the meal planned too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #2376  
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go Lisa!!

Stacy, that's so exciting about your vacation! Good for you!!

Today is my crazy day: church, then home to watch my friend's son, up to the Y for the birthday party, pack, etc. I still need to try on outfits for the reunion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #2377  
Pearl-ExPert

Go Stacy! How fun will that be!

Have a wonderful day Jen!

Okay - who's fault is it??? Amy...somehow I bet it was you first...I visited your blog - saw the new background and thought "that is really cute". Then went to Paula's place...ohhhh...okay now, I have to have a new background too! So very cool that the change posts their website link to enable me to change mine too!!! Whomever gets the credit - thanks for enabling me to play
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #2378  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen what a busy day for you darling! Have fun... Hello everyone..

So ask me how its 12 pm and I'm still in bed! lol My sweet oldest son..said Mama stay in bed.. I'm going to make breakfast for you so you can just stay there! LOL I said OH WOW really.. and so him and his brother are just playing in the living room and sassy is here in the room with me playing on the floor while I am still in bed! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think the last time I ever did that was when I was in college! LOL..

Of course my brain is working on other classes and so I came up with a class BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT I need DVD tins!!

Do you any of you guys know where I would be able to find them? (I don't have Hobby Lobby) Just M's and Acmoore around me.. or a cheap place I could find them online that will ship them FAST? thanks girls for any help!

Other then that... Well that is my day.. I am going to get up cause I SOOO need to work on my swaps!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and we are suppose to go to my MIL but my DH isn't even home yet from work cause he went to help Gabi's Godfather w/his car and he needs to sleep we shall see what happens.. hmmm

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #2379  
Pearl-ExPert

Still sitting here at Cool Breeze Cottage - have changed the background on my blog (see above post). Then I (through encouragement to do so) have posted two cards to Shelli's Creative Challenge for this month. Not sure I am worthy of entering a personal challenge from Shelli, but like I said I was encouraged to do so. We'll see how that goes.

Time to pack up and get going to home. Goal at home is to finish putting album together and getting the journalling done and in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #2380  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's Kathy's fault. I saw the link on her blog! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #2381  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made the lamest birthday card for my son's friend. Sigh. I need some crafting time!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #2382  
Hardware Hotshot

I think Kathy was the first and then it trickled down. They are lots of fun. I have to laugh because I had one all picked for my stamping blog and all changed and everything and then went back to my dashboard and looked at Amy's blog and it was the same as mine! Had to change it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #2383  
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to start a blog! How fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #2384  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rhonda, Thanks for the tip on your blog about the scallop square! I didn't know that!
Lisa, I liked hearing about your trips in addition to the stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #2385  
Hardware Hotshot

One of my new year's resolution is to step up my stampin' blog. More projects and more tips and tricks. I used to think that I needed a huge customer base to do that, but maybe if I build it, they will come. Or maybe not. But it will be good for me to push my creativity too.

Hello to all! I don't have time to go back and comment on everyone's adventures. But I did read through them all and I am thinking of you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #2386  
Stazon Splitcoast

My goal is to post to my blogs 3x a week. Sometimes I do more. It just depends on how things go.

Ellie, have you tried
http://www.specialtybottle.com
I don't know if they have the right size, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #2387  
Hardware Hotshot

Love specialty bottle. Don't remember where they are located, but when I ordered earlier this year, they shipped the same day and were on my doorstep a couple of days later.

I just made Lisa's Pumpkin Bars for the first time. (Late to the party as usual!) Yummy! Mine turned out more like a cake too because my bar pan is Pampered Chef and a little smaller than the jelly roll pan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #2388  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hi girlies!!!

I'll take your 3X/week blog posting challenge Amy! (Well after Thanksgiving and not during Christmas.) That sounds like a great goal.

All but two of my days' presents are wrapped for my elf

I need to make two pie crusts before bed tonight though

Tomorrow: Blueberry Pound Cake (breakfast item)
Sweet potato topping and mix-ins in a bowl (boil potatoes Wed. morning)
Tuesday Night:apple pie
Wednesday: at my parents'
Brie croutons
Pumpkin Pie
Thursday: everything else
Sweet Potatoes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #2389  
Pearl-ExPert

Rhonda what time should I get to your house? lol wow all those yummy pies my sweet tooth is singing! lol.. when I left my MIL's house she was seasoning one of the turkeys!! yummmoo.. we have 3 turkeys.- a reg. turkey,fried turkey and one that is cut up and put in sew.. then a ham besides everything else.. I am excited this year because all my kids are at the age that they all know what is going on..even Gabi who is 22mths she was saying Turkey.. gobble gobble! lol...

Amy thank you love I looked but no they don't have the DVD tins I need them to be 7 1/2 x5 I think I will have to order them from Gina K but I wanted to see if I got them before Wednesday (which I know wouldn't happen) cause I wanted to give them to the teachers and Nurse of the boys as a little thank you so gift because they are AMAZING with my boys and I thought it would make them smile.. we shall see... hmmmm

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #2390  
Hardware Hotshot

Rhonda- I wish I was as organized as you.

I made zero progress on my elf gifts and my thanksgiving dinner this weekend. I did spend a few hours cleaning yesterday but you can't even tell now. I work best under pressure though so I will make it!

Let's see if I can come up with a plan:

Tomorrow: Finish up my club projects for Tuesday night, go grocery shopping so I can get my turkey thawing, lunch with my neighbor and dinner out with my family for my birthday.

Tuesday: Clean my house for club. Get an elf project done.

Wednesday: Make stuffing and pies and another Elf project.

Thursday: Make everything else and clean my house again for company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 AM   #2391  
Stazon Splitcoast

Secret Elf Update!

OK, don't panic if your box doesn't ship exactly on the 1st. That was a guideline - If it's to it's destination by the 10th or even the 12th, your elf will still get to do 12 days of Christmas. So, don't panic!!!!! I am a procrastinator too, so only a couple of my days are done, but everything is planned.

Everyone, please post to the thread when you receive your package so the sender knows it arrived safely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #2392  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Paula!!

Last edited by jenguin; 11-24-2008 at 04:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 AM   #2393  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
I hope everyone that is at crops is having a ton of fun and getting a lot of pages done!

Stacy - hope your calendar stuff is going well!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and is getting ready to eat turkey!

Liz - Don't forget to go buy the bird!!! LOL!!
he he! got the bird while I was in Wisconsin yesterday. 14 lbs! it's in the fridge now. so weird though.. it was a $15 bird, but rung up for $8.. I got a $8turkey! I asked if that was right.. and she said yes.. holy moly!

had so much fun this weekend at my scrapbooking retreat. I can't post pics since I worked on elf gifts. but was definitely a good time.

I'll try to get caught up in the thread today! off to shower!
L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #2394  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I think Kathy was the first and then it trickled down. They are lots of fun. I have to laugh because I had one all picked for my stamping blog and all changed and everything and then went back to my dashboard and looked at Amy's blog and it was the same as mine! Had to change it!
i just spent a little money to have michelle laycock update my blog with a background and topper that we designed together. I am super happy with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:53 AM   #2395  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Happy Birthday, Paula!!
Happy Birthday Paula!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #2396  
Crimping Master

Happy Birthday Paula!

You guys are up early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #2397  
Pearl-ExPert

Ellie, I saw the DVD tins at Archivers...if there is one by you.

Thanks for helping me properly credit "Kathy" with the blog backgrounds!

Liz, glad you had fun at your retreat! Mine was fun too and I would totally do it again.

Off to clean my house and finish cleaning up in my craft room too. I got home yesterday and put away most of it, but ended up on the sofa watching The Holiday and Lake House. Then I just went to bed.

ta for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #2398  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lisa no such luck No Arch. by me only M's and Jo's but I broke down and ordered the Tins last night from Gina K's I just figured I have to fix my planner a bit they are going to be gifts so I can fix it what I plan to do is get it all together so when I do get the tins hopefully before Monday then I will send it in w/the boys and they will be able to use them and say OH that Mrs. Augustin is so crafty!LOLLOLLOLOLOL!!! LOL.. oh.. goodness

Ok Happy Bday Paula!

Ok so I am daydreaming about Thanksgiving soo much I can almost taste that Turkeyyyyy!!! oh my gosh... OH that reminds me I have take Gabi's high chair to my MIL's cause it was a LIFE saver last year I actually was able to eat in my own chair and feed Gabi comfy..

Well I am off lets see if I get some chores done !

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #2399  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. You guys are the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #2400  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Paula!
Reply With Quote Likes