Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #201  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Paula,

I lurk in this thread but don't post ofter!!

On the DSP shares .. you could get a third one into the year if you did the Prints DSP as their own share. I did one w/my customers and they loved having all the assortment of monocramatic colors to play with w/o having to buy all the packs - It was more my card makers then my scrapbookers who did this share!

Hope that helps!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #202  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never done shares, either. I saw the idea when I was blurfing this week, though, and thought "Hmmmm." I think I will plan to do it next catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #203  
Kookie Creator

What is a share? Do tell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #204  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Woo Hoo!!!

I think I just sold two of my customers on Big Shots at my marker club tonight. We didn't even do a project with it. I just had it sitting out and my two big spenders asked about it.

One will put an order in the next week or so and really wants a level 2 hostess set so I am pretty sure she will gather some orders too.

The other is my club hostess in October so I think she will order it then and get her party to the $350 level to get the bonus set from the sampler.

Now I did offer 50% off any die 21.95 or less if they buy the machine and a free die under $21.95 if they buy the starter kit (or 50% off a 39.95 die) with purchase but I think it is worth it!

AND, my DH did catch a flight this afternoon and should be landing at the airport any minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #205  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by *amystampsView Post
What is a share? Do tell!
Basically, you divide a large amount of product among a set number of customers.

This is how I would do my 1/4" grosgrain share. I would order all twenty rolls of ribbon and everyone would get 3 yards of each color. (So you can get 5 shares out of each roll and each customer ends up with 60 yards of ribbon). It comes to about $23 a piece with shipping and tax.

For the DSP share, you order one of each package and cut it into 6x6 sheets and everyone gets a 6x6 sheet of each or the DSP papers. (8 shares).

Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #206  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah Paula - I'm happy for you and your DH!

Amy - Congrats on the new club interest - I always wanted to do one of those but my customers just like the perks, not the regular orders. I thought I might bring it up again with the credit card option now but I'm not brave enough.

Speaking of brave, Rhonda, I'm not sure I was brave with the 100 cardfronts or suffering from a momentary lack of judgement. I can't even get my 3rd RMH card done and that camp is scheduled and getting attendees. I think I need to buy more designer paper - more paper has to be the key.....

Do you all post your camp projects on SCS or on your own blogs? I would love to take a look at them but didn't know where to go!

I love this group - I just think it's such a wonderful part of my day to come home and know I'll get 5 minutes to relax and catch up with friends and hear about everyone's day. On my list of things I'm grateful for, this is definitely on the list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations on both counts, Paula!

I just got my 5th (and final) person for my hostess club! Woohoo! Four of them I know really well, and one is a friend of one of the ladies. I am so excited! I've been wanting to do a club forever!

My goal was to have 2 events a month--counting my card buffet as one, and then having a class. If I add in the club, that makes 3! Did I mention I was excited?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Stacy!

I agree, this is a wonderful support group. I'm glad to hear from you--been worryin' aboutcha!

I generally put my stuff on my blog, not splitcoast. And I think you're right--you need more stuff! Especially after what you've been thru this week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Stacy I put my projects on my events/projects blog (thought often I come up with them because of SCS challenges). No need to put up last nights' since one card was already on SCS and the other was the Kiwi Kiss Inspired by Nature card from Convention with a slight modification. Also, I was trying to suprise my customers since I always show them everything normally.

Great job selling the Big Shot Paula! I found that everyone was very impressed with it too. (I ran the Peace and Joy and Love and Cheer die through it.) Everyone wants one whether they have the money or not so I bet I will eventually sell one or two and likely many dies.

Amy congrats on #5...believe it or not, me too on #5! I finished off my club last night with one of the girls from the dbws! I'm very excited about that!

I will also have a recruit....she had already decided to join, and I gave her the paperwork last night. I need to follow up and say what I can offer as a downline because I thought that would be weird in front of everyone else. She brought me cookies as a thank you for the Hostess appreciation brunch (last month) last night...they were wrapped in glassine envelopes like the catalog and in a box with shredded paper. A gorgeous display-I was floored!

Sales went well too...August has been good to me.

I love chatting with/encouraging with you girls too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #210  
Hardware Hotshot

Congrats Amy and Rhonda on the clubs! That is awesome. I love my club. I know I can count on a good order when we meet ($250-$300)

And congrats Rhonda on a recruit. She sounds awesome.

Stacy- I post some of my class pictures here but when I announce a class, I put them on my blog too. (www.paulastamps.blogspot.com). That's the only thing I put on my blog though so I don't update it very often. I need to get my halloween class posted there but those projects are mostly in my gallery.

I also got asked to do another craft day at another church coming up next month. I've been assured that this is a well-off part of town and I can charge a little more for the project. Now I just have to come up with some project possibilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #211  
Crimping Master

Congratulations on your clubs and sales! Mine are staying pretty even, which I'm happy for. My gals have been together about 10 years and buying SU for about 8 years. I inherited them and was worried that they would slow down their buying. I do have a couple of new gals, but the oldies still buy.

My boss has made a couple of comments about needing to scrapbook. I wouldn't mind putting something together to do at lunch one day a month. I don't scrapbook, so that might be a problem Have any of you done something at your work? Any suggestions?
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #212  
Polyshrink Goddess

If I place $200 a month of my own orders, does that mean I'm my own club?

Thanks everyone for letting me know where to find your projects. I will spend some time today scoping out what is working so well for you all! I've got a bit to post to my SU! Web site and gallery here for my upcoming classes but DH is playing golf tonight so I can "play without guilt." Isn't that cute - I think he just really wanted to play golf.....

Off to do dishes and make dinner and then I am good to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #213  
Hardware Hotshot

Stacy- You can be your own club if you want.

Missi- I am impressed you've kept your group going that long. I am starting to worry about my little group of loyalist, but they keep coming back so that is a good sign.

I've never done something at work, but I do have one suggestion for scrapbooking demonstrations. If you are going to do 12x12, use the in color textured cs. It showcases our great textured CS, but you get more of each color in the package. (Does that make sense?)

I've been busy painting cookie sheets all day for my upline's church craft day. I hurt all over. Maybe I am getting to old for this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #214  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've always thought a club of one was the very best kind! And Paula, you're not too old for anything! LOL Too young, maybe, but not too old!

Missi, good luck with the scrapbooking! It's not my strong point. <grin>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #215  
Polyshrink Goddess

Too bad they don't make a die cut for your cookie sheets! I've been playing all night with my Big Shot. Once I got over the disappointment that my scallop envelop cuts instead of scores the sides, I fully embraced it. I've made goody bags and little scrapbook embellishment. I have sh&*&t everywhere in my craft room and I love it! I'm thinking that the easiest way to make my 100 cardfronts is to die cut something for them - better than punching or cutting things out, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #216  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy, you need a crease pad! Until you get one, try turning your die 90 degrees. Sometimes that helps. It changes where the BS puts the most pressure on the die.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #217  
Mad Swapper

I've kinda been lurking this week. But thought I would pop in and say "HI"! so, Hi! Sounds like everyone had a pretty productive week. I'm jealous about the clubs! I've been trying to get one together too. I wanted to do 6 people for 6 months and I only had 3 definates (1 being me) and a couple of maybes. So I am just going to focus on events. I had a new catalog party last week and had 1 order and sold 3 catalogs. I have a lot of interest in my Christmas Card event next month, so I'm hoping that works out for me

Oh and one of the swaps I did for convention showed up on Stamper's Showcase yesterday! I just think that is so cool!:

I haven't really had time to create anything, which is sad! My biggest problem is my craft area is so messy and I am running out of room, so everytime I go in there to clean/organize, I get too discouraged. We are going to switch our den/craft room with the master bedroom, but that is going to be a huge project and we haven't really started yet.

Enough blabbing. I hope everyone has a wonderful, long weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #218  
Crimping Master

Paula -Thanks for the idea with the textured CS. I hadn't thought about it having more of each color. I inherited my group 2 1/2 years ago. I was one of the members for 2 years before that. When our demo found out she was moving, they asked me to become their demo. Voila! instant club. I currently don't do anything else and that has always been my plan, I am one of my best customers, but if I don't want to spend money, lol, they do make my minimums. It might be fun to do something else. I'll have to talk more with my boss.

Stacy - If your $200 a month order makes you your own club, then I actually have 2 clubs going some months 100 card fronts, I can't even imagine. I think the most I've ever made where 45. You're my swapping goddess! I haven't posted to SCS for awhile, but I do have some past Halloween ideas posted in the gallery that did well with my club.

Everyone- I hope all of you get some fun stamping in today!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 AM   #219  
Hardware Hotshot

Crissy- On my list of things to do today is clean my craft room before I start cutting out 30 titles for my calendars and 390 tags. (Thank goodness this isn't an SU event so I am using my cricut! Can't imagine even die cutting that many. I think I'd go crazy!)

And Stacy- I too am in awe of your 100 swap.

Amy-Thanks for thinking I am not too old for this. Maybe I just need to get in better shape. My knees and my back always let me know I've done too much when I do something like paint.

And Julie - I forgot to mention how much I liked your idea on the DSP share. (I got too excited about the potential big shot sales.) Thanks!

Off to clean that room! Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #220  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amy - Thanks for the advice - I will try that when I get my counter cleaned off.

Thanks for all the encouragement on the 100 swap everyone! I came up with a cute card but it's so time consuming, I can't imagine getting through 20, let alone 100. I have to use the Say it with Scallops set becuase that's what I registered for, thinking that I would just use one of my designs for my RMH party, but they are all to layered to make that many. Arg, I'm not a goddess Missi, I'm kind of a moron. hee hee.

This morning I went to Craft Warehouse to get my home decor pieces (my jar for my spider & two wood plants to paint for my "Happiness" art). I ended up with various materials for my Big Shot (in love, ahhhh) and some other things to play with. I also took a notebook and wrote down color combos that I found in the fabric section of the store. Came back with Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, & Vanilla as one possible idea or Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue, & White. They are cute on fabrics, we'll see how they do with paper & inks!

So, now I'm going to clean up my space and try a different color combo with my card. I feel good things - I hope to have a good report later today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #221  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just finished Jami's new catty swap! Yay! It's all set to go postal on Tuesday. Next is my SA swap!

Had a demo friend over this morning, and she bought a bunch of my retired stuff. More money toward Big Shot dies! She also wants to take advantage of my offer to let demos come to my house and use my Big Shot stuff for $10 for an hour.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #222  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Gals!

I found you!! I wondered where you all went, but I've been super busy and haven't had time to stalk, so I hunted Amy down instead!

It'll take me awhile to catch up, but I just realized that tomorrow is the 1st and I have 4 swaps due on the 15th!!! ACK!!!!!

In addition to that, I'm doing another triathlon on the 7th....this one's for a local women's shelter down in Hopkinton, MA - start of the Boston Marathon and then I have a HUGE divorce mediation lawyer meeting on the 9th. I'll be with lawyers for 4 hours straight....ugh....my parents are coming to town, thank goodness.

So, that's what's new with me! Hope everyone else is doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #223  
Hardware Hotshot

Woo Hoo Jen! Glad our triathlete found us! Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now. Good luck with your swaps (and everything else).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #224  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa (Biffsbee), you are hosting the Christmas swap, too, right? What kinda dates are you thinking? I'm trying to work on my next order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #225  
Hardware Hotshot

I think Lisa is camping this week. But if I remember right, she said mid October? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #226  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, that's right. I forgot she was camping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #227  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi girls!!
Oh my, I didn't know where you had gone (since most chatting goes on in the Fun & Family area). So glad this was up as a recently posted thread so I was able to spot it!
Anywho, not much new here since convention.
Starting up a new club for the year (starts next week) and getting ideas sorted out for that.
On the swap front...not a whole lot like you all.
Just a small swap with some ladies who wanted to do a private one. I've got a fun idea for it and can't wait to get that in ink!
I'm working on this concept for the Style Watch for the SS. Hope it pans out the way I think it will. I think it will be hard to make a project of that kind and wave goodbye to it though (it is already kind of a baby to me). Promised myself to start submitting more though. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #228  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Bev!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #229  
Kookie Creator

So I have been lurking... sorry I didn't want to start my swaps so I told myself when I was done the new catty swap I would post so guess what... I'm done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, anyone know off the top of their head, if we're doing fronts or fulls for our new catty swap? And can I use a hostess set or no?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #231  
Hardware Hotshot

Woo Hoo Bev and Kim and Jen! It was a good day yesterday for our lost SA sisters.

Jen - I just went and checked the PM and it is card fronts only required.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #232  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I was working on my SA cards this weekend.... by the time I'm done, I will no longer be "Crazy for Cupcakes", lemme tell ya! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #233  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
I was working on my SA cards this weekend.... by the time I'm done, I will no longer be "Crazy for Cupcakes", lemme tell ya! LOL!
LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #234  
Mad Swapper

Staci- what a fun idea.. going to the craft store and getting color combos from fabric. love that!

sounds like you all are having a nice weekend.

finished my swaps on Friday for my upline's meeting, presented at my uplines meeting, and had a blast stampin with all my SU sisters. super fun. Today we bought all new bedding for our bedroom. I am in love with it.. it's More mustard, riding hood red and artichoke/olive... how's that for a color combo. Everything is in the washer now so I can have fresh to sleep in tonight. I love bedding.. it's my second favorite thing to purchase. I think you all know what my first favorite is..

have a good evening all! enjoy the labor day holiday tomorrow.
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #235  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just checking in to see how everyone's Sunday went. I finished cleaning/reorganizing the craft room. Then we played golf (lost to DH by 2, shoot), played cards with mom and dad and had a nice dinner. Mom gave me some great ideas for my 100 card fronts so tomorrow I'll get up, have my coffee, and start my writing. It's been a long week but it was great to get to play and enjoy time with my family today. It's refreshed me to hit my "crafting deadline".

Liz - Love the More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, & Artichoke idea. I'll try that out tomorrow and see if it answers my color crisis of the week.

Take care everyone and enjoy your holiday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #236  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just finished putting together my SA swap! I'll get it to the post office on Tuesday. For some reason, I can't get my Big Shot swap to come together. I think I'm just feeling like everything has already been "done." LOL I know it hasn't, but everything I do that I like--looks like something I've already done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #237  
Crimping Master

Stacy, it sounds like your Sunday was fun! My DH and I spend all yesterday morning doing yard work. Then, my plan was to finish up my reading, post my assignments, take my test (all online) and then I could stamp and do laundry! Well, we had one of those big, dark, wonderful rain storms yesterday afternoon, perfect study weather. But the transformers down the street blew up, knocked down power lines, so we were without power from around 5 last night until 4:30 this morning!
So, we went out to dinner and a movie instead. Now I have to finish my homework and laundry today. Hopefully I can get my new catty swap finished this afternoon.
Missi
PS Liz, your new bedding sounds wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #238  
Polyshrink Goddess

So I've got the design and am on my way. Here is the card I'm making except for the distressing of all the pink. Talked myself out of that while I was cutting last night (until 3:45am - so much fun!)

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...9105?cat=14670

On a seperate note - since we could start pre-ordering today, what did people order or what are you planning to order? As soon as I finish this project and another swap I'm in, I'm going to figure out if there are any "must haves" besides the papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #239  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't ordered yet. I think that means more expediting. LOL Besides, it ticks off certain people on SCS, and that has value, too! <evil grin>

I can*not* come to any sort of decision about several things:
the holiday mini bulk orders--where are they?
Season of Friendship--do I need it?
extended spacer and Join in the Cheer strip die--I *think* I need it
Christ Is Born--possibly what I would use for the SA Christmas swap
DSP Autumn Vine--more DSP? really?
love the Scandinavian stuff, but it's an awful lot like Snow Swirled, which I love more
Cardinal Christmas--one of those sets I would love to own, but might not ever use

These I know I need:
both scallop circle dies
Snow Swirled
Ski Slope DSP
Little Felt Flurries (anyone else wanna know the sizes on these things???)
Rope Twine
Candycane ribbon
bunch of ribbon and cardstock
and a million dollars
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #240  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacey--very cute card! Is this the Boise-area 100 card swap? or an online one?
Reply With Quote Likes