Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #2161  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Birthday Ellie! Even tho it's not the one you planned, I hope there is still good stuff happening!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #2162  
Mad Swapper

I just remembered that someone on here is putting together an address/birthday list. I haven't responded - could someone tell me who is doing this?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #2163  
Crimping Master

Kathy - It's me! I was just getting ready to send it, so I'll wait a little bit to see if you post again.
So many things going on, I can't begin to comment on all of them. I've been busy with school and getting ready for the In-law invasion tomorrow (FIL, MIL, SIL, here for a week, sigh).

Jen- About 3 years ago, my DH and I finally got my SIL to leave her abusive husband. The abuse had been going on for 10 years. When I picked her up at the hospital after she'd been stitched up from a stab wound to her hand and saw the hand marks (red and bruised) around her neck, I started crying. Seeing how upset I was really got her to thinking. It was a long and horrible story, with a happy ending. She is now living happily in another state, dating and remembering what it's like to be happy. Remind your friend that she deserves to live a happy life free from fear. My SIL wasn't convinced of that at first, abuse takes such a toll on your feelings of self worth.
Well, I'm off to clean and change beds. I'll pop in later to see if any more addresses and birthdays are posted. I will PM this list tonight.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #2164  
Crimping Master

OK, I'm sure there is an easy way to do this and I'm being a computard, so, how do I add an attachment to a PM? I'm trying to send out the address list in a PM, and I can't find the attachment button. Help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #2165  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
So I am supposed to be using my day off to prep for my scrap retreat weekend (next weekend) and I have managed to shot a gopher, catalog our DVD library, finish laundry and clean the toilet. Oh and post 4 items to craidslist for sale. No progress in here and it really needs it - I can get to the chair, but it looks like a tornado ran through here. I still have to finish up 5 more elfette gifties too.
Going to GF tonight for wine and chocolate after her tots are off to bed - about 8ish.
Tomorrow DH wants to spend time with me - talking about the new 007 movie and dinner. And shopping for new pillows (really needed).
Sunday - pray for me! We are going to friends son's b-day party and we are rollerskating! I have not rollerskated since high school (and that was 20+ years ago!).
Off now to get out of my jammies, did I mention I am still in my jammies!?! then to the grocery for milk and something for dinner. DH is on his way home from work too. He decided he was going to start going in early all of a sudden and was out of the house by 6 this morning.

Lisa, you are going to have a blast! I went skating a couple months ago after not having skated in probably close to 20 years ago and I had a blast! it took me a while to get the feel of it again, but buy the end of the night I was going around that rink like a pro!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #2166  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
OK, I'm sure there is an easy way to do this and I'm being a computard, so, how do I add an attachment to a PM? I'm trying to send out the address list in a PM, and I can't find the attachment button. Help!!
I don't think there is one! I think you have to cut and paste.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #2167  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I can't find it either. I see where you can insert picture or email link but no attachment! Hopefully someone more experienced can help you out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #2168  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Yes, we are working out a plan before everyone else arrives. She's not sure if she's ready to share yet. I am still on the computer doing the research for her, as her husband is very controlling and checks the computer, etc. and who knows what spyware he has on there. I'm going to slip her some cash tonight too. She is reluctant to go to a shelter, but I told her she can always drop the kids here and then go, if needed. She just needs options. I need to make sure she knows what to do in each situation. I'm lucky I did not have abuse to deal with. Now, I'm wondering if she's been honest about no physical abuse. I bet not.

On another note, I'm sorry my life has been so full of drama lately! It's not usually like this. I am thankful to have such wonderful friends who can listen like you gals. It is so therapeutic. You don't know how much you all mean to me!

Jen, I'm so glad your friend has you to help her. I think so many woman stay in these kind of relationships because they feel like noone can help them. I think you are doing the best thing for her! Hugs and prayers to both of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #2169  
Mad Swapper

Happy Birthday Elli!

Do you guys know I didn't get a darn thing accomplished today (other than grocery shopping and a long nap!) I have 7 people showing up at 10 am tomorrow and my house is a disaster! So now, in the next 4 hours I have to clean my whole house (Kitchen, living room and bath room at least!), give dd a bath, make the snacks and get the tile coasters ready. It's going to be a long night. At least I took a nap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #2170  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Go Crissy and Paula! You can get your goals accomplished, there is still plenty of day left!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #2171  
Mad Swapper

Missi,
I just PM'd you. Hope I made it in time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #2172  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Did ya'll read CM parent company filed Chapter 11?
WOW. No, missed that! Ouch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #2173  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Yes, we are working out a plan before everyone else arrives. She's not sure if she's ready to share yet. I am still on the computer doing the research for her, as her husband is very controlling and checks the computer, etc. and who knows what spyware he has on there. I'm going to slip her some cash tonight too. She is reluctant to go to a shelter, but I told her she can always drop the kids here and then go, if needed. She just needs options. I need to make sure she knows what to do in each situation. I'm lucky I did not have abuse to deal with. Now, I'm wondering if she's been honest about no physical abuse. I bet not.

On another note, I'm sorry my life has been so full of drama lately! It's not usually like this. I am thankful to have such wonderful friends who can listen like you gals. It is so therapeutic. You don't know how much you all mean to me!
She needs to be very VERY careful and SO READY TO LEAVE in a moment's notice. My first spouse was abusive. Mentally at first, but when I finally got sick of it and decided to stand up to his crap, he got physical. I called a friend at 11PM who came and got me THAT NIGHT. I had no car at the time. Fortunately, I was the one working and had been hiding money for a while (I had got a raise and didn't tell him and would cash the check at my employer's bank, make the deposit for the amount of my old check in our account and deposit the rest in an account I had opened with me and my mom as joint holders). When he finds out she isn't going to take his crap anymore, he MAY get physical at that point, even if he never has before. Hugs to you......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #2174  
Stampin' Fool

Happy Birthday Ellie!!

{{HUGS}} to all that need it.

Good and Exciting news for me today: Some one put in an order that put me over my $100,000 sales!! I never thought I would do it but I did!!! I get to do two walks at convention 2009 (you bet I'm there!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #2175  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KyleView Post
Happy Birthday Ellie!!

{{HUGS}} to all that need it.

Good and Exciting news for me today: Some one put in an order that put me over my $100,000 sales!! I never thought I would do it but I did!!! I get to do two walks at convention 2009 (you bet I'm there!!)
HOLY SMOKES!! THAT IS AMMMAAZZINGG!! CONGRATS!! (((HUGS)))

I'll cheer extra loud for you when I see you walking the cat walk!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #2176  
Crimping Master

Erin, That's Fantastic!!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see you walk, twice.

Happy Birthday Ellie!

I just PM'd everyone the address/birthday list. Have a great weekend! It's the In-law invasion tomorrow, so I'll be cleaning my little heart out.

Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #2177  
Crimping Master

PS: There are a lot of options for us if we want to have a big get together during convention next year. I would NEVER work on something like the SCS Dinner ever again, but I would be willing to help put together a shoebox swap or dinner or something for us next year (20-30 is alot better that 400). Just some food for thought as you start to put away your convention dollars.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #2178  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

PS: There are a lot of options for us if we want to have a big get together during convention next year. I would NEVER work on something like the SCS Dinner ever again, but I would be willing to help put together a shoebox swap or dinner or something for us next year (20-30 is alot better that 400). Just some food for thought as you start to put away your convention dollars.
Missi
I would also gladly help Missi plan an SA event during convention. I wish I had enough space at my house for y'all.

The SCS dinner was fun (great work Missi, Amy and Kim!), but it was so big it was hard to meet everyone I wanted to. (But I did enjoy hanging out with Amy, Angie and Lisa there).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #2179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, I'm thinking something smaller next year. LOL Maybe a "reception" would be easier for all of SCS? Not volunteering for that, though! I get overwhelmed doing our local SCS deal for 20 something people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #2180  
Pearl-ExPert

CONVENTION!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't waitttt... I am going to be just squealing all over the place.... as we count the New Year I shall be counting down the months till Convention! lol.. OH it was PURE PAIN hearing and seeing everything that was going on I HAVE TO BE THERE (with God's grace) cause I WANT TO SQUEEEEALL in person and not in my house so my kids think I lost my mind! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #2181  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am trying to put the money away for Convention. It was an amazing experience--more than I can articulate! I am not generally a "big group" kind of person. But Convention was just WOW! I had so much energy for my business when I returned! But I was poor. LOL It would be fun to be able to buy whatever I wanted from the catalog AND go to Convention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #2182  
Hardware Hotshot

You can do it Amy!

Oh and I forgot to say a big way to go to Erin for reaching $100,000 in sales. That's amazing! We will all be cheering for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #2183  
Mad Swapper

Wow, Erin! That is really incredible. Way to go!

I think I am just going to plead my case before DH and just tell him how important it is that I go to convention again. I would so be home crying if all of you were getting together and I was home all alone!

I think someone mentioned a SA shoebox swap before. I really think it would be fun to do this - along with the other SA swaps for convention that were talked about.

I have to say that the cards I have from y'all are really the best and far surpass any other swap I have been in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #2184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, I've been meaning to ask you if you thought it was worth it to be a make-n-take helper. I know you were operating on NO sleep, but are you glad you did it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #2185  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Kathy, I've been meaning to ask you if you thought it was worth it to be a make-n-take helper. I know you were operating on NO sleep, but are you glad you did it?
There are SO many things I will do differently next year - #1 is making sure I get SOME sleep at night.

I really liked being a MnT helper. I'm kind of a social butterfly at heart, so I loved perusing the floor, meeting and helping people. (Especially those I knew LOL!). That part was great. I also like being 'in-the-know' and getting to be the first at MnTs was fun, too. Because we were MnT helpers, we didn't have to stay with our track. We could pick and choose when and what classes we wanted to go to.

The hardest part was walking on that concrete floor for 5 hours. We were told we would be on our feet, but I didn't have a clue that I would be walking the lengths of a football field back and forth for the whole 5 hours. I wore my crocs, but by the time I was done, my heels had split and I was in extreme pain. I would have brought another pair of shoes to change into halfway thru.

(After being a MnT helper, I had to walk back to my hotel 3 blocks away, then had to walk up to the TRAX - another 4 or 5 blocks - and head out to Sandy to stay with my parents. That was excrutiating!)

We were sworn on pain of death (actually we had to sign a contract) not to reveal our compensation for being a MnT helper, but I felt SU was fair.

Would I do it again? Now that my feet have healed and I have forgotten the pain, You Bet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #2186  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm home. It was an exhausting 7 hours or so, but a plan has been made, copies have been made of all financial and personal data, an emergency bag stashed, etc. Appointments with lawyers, couselors, etc. have also been made for next week.

Only one other friend showed for scrapbooking, but she did share with her what's going on, so I think she'll share with others soon.

We went through the financial data and all I can say is WTH??? Which is really nice, considering what I want to say.

I am exhausted and wound up all at once. Thank goodness I can sleep in tomorrow. And, no, I didn't get any crafting done - but that's OK, my friend needed me more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #2187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #2188  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would happily work on a "reception" for SA or SCS....NOT a sit down dinner. I got there really late, missed a part of dinner, didn't get to meet you gals, all because I overbooked myself, had terrible blisters and took the wrong train down there!!! At least I won a prize!!!!

I totally overbooked myself with it being my first convention. Swaps at lunch every day. Swaps after classes every day. Dinners every night. No way for next year, if I get to go, which I really hope!!! I am going to relax and have fun. The best thing I did was I couldn't get a flight home on Sun. so I stayed until Mon. It was great! I went and toured Temple Square, went out to lunch and then hung out by the pool reading the paper (didn't want to bring my brand new cattie, in case it got wet!! LOL!!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #2189  
Polyshrink Goddess

Missi - I think i typo'd my address when I sent it to you - mine is 3963 instead of 3969. I'm sure my neighbors would love your card but I'd be very sad!

Jen - You are a good friend to be able to help those around you when you have so much of your own stuff going on. People like you remind me to be more self-less. Hang in there and take care of yourself too so that you can be equipped to take care of everyone else!

Erin - Holy smokes - nicely done. I'll never see that number but now I can use your story at my workshops - "I chat with this wonderful woman online and she sold 100K in merchandise - you may be next!"

I feel bad with all this serious talk complaining about my crafter's block but I've been packed and ready for my mom's house to prep the calendars tomorrow for a week. Hubby is gone so I can finish that last month and I'm completely stuck. I've been crafting for FOUR hours and like nothing! I don't even know if I have enough Cardstock left to actually do the pages once I come up with them. Anyhow, I'm jumping back in. Wish me luck....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #2190  
Mad Swapper

Stacy, you can do it! Hang in there. Remember - one layer at a time and one piece of c/s at a time. It will all get done. Maybe I can 'channel' you my stamping energy LOL!

Jen, what would this woman have done without you tonight?! You have a very level head and are able to see exactly what needs to be done. Again, she is very blessed to have you there with her. I hope things work out okay for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #2191  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kathy - you must have channeled well because I finally simplified things and got a layout that I like (and that works perfect for my own gift calendars). Off to cut the 50 packets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #2192  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are alll so amazing!

Jen--you are an awesome friend. Way to go. And I totally over did it at Convention, too! I didn't think I'd ever get to do it again, so I just crammed everything in. LOL I would do it differently next time, too. What I wouldn't change is spending time with Angie, Paula, Stacy and Kathy, and everyone else!

Erin--Holy Designer Papers, Batman! That's so cool!

Kathy--I knew you couldn't talk about your compensation, but thanks for sharing your experience. It was WONDERFUL to have you there helping me, since I was having a migraine crisis that day! Love your new blog look, too!

Happy Birthday, Ellie! Hope your day was everything you wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #2193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Our girl BevMom made the dirt pile ladies! Woohootie! Check out this snowglobe she altered: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../photo/1123790 Here I am standing by her: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=42732 Okay so she's in front of me and beside Paula, but anyway If you're in the Fan Club, go congratulate her
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #2194  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I would happily work on a "reception" for SA or SCS....NOT a sit down dinner. I got there really late, missed a part of dinner, didn't get to meet you gals, all because I overbooked myself, had terrible blisters and took the wrong train down there!!! At least I won a prize!!!!

I totally overbooked myself with it being my first convention. Swaps at lunch every day. Swaps after classes every day. Dinners every night. No way for next year, if I get to go, which I really hope!!! I am going to relax and have fun. The best thing I did was I couldn't get a flight home on Sun. so I stayed until Mon. It was great! I went and toured Temple Square, went out to lunch and then hung out by the pool reading the paper (didn't want to bring my brand new cattie, in case it got wet!! LOL!!).
OK Jen I'm taking notes.. cause I wanted to sign up for everything! lol.. ok so I wouldn't do it everynight.. hmm I will try.. lol.. knowing me I will want to be everywhere.. I will have to have my return trip planned because my mom is going to watch my babies..

I forget did they say what the dates are for this year??? (I HAVE THE WORST memory EVER! lol)

Thanks gals for your Bday wishes.. but I am happy its over.. IT WAS NOT a Good bday. so I've decided that this was my last "celebrated" bday.. I think I hype myself up too much and dream about an amazing bday and it turns out not to be.. (has been the case for the last 5 bdays) everyone forgot it was my bday even my mom! and she spoke to me 3x in the AM and then in the afternoon called and said Oh I forgot to tell you Happy Bday.. and my hubby had to go straight from his first job to his 2nd so he didn't come home until 8pm) My bellas were suppose to come early (as my UPS guy comes around 3 BUT NOT YESTERDAY had another driver and didn't come till 8 pm.. )

Ok enough whiney whiney Ellie.. Dust off my shoulder and Now I will enjoy this nice rainy day and ink up my Bellas as I wanted to do all day yesterday I just need to say I am happy to be alive and am blessed to be watching my babies grow..Now their Bdays is something I will always look foward too My DD is next she is turning 2 in Jan.. Where does time fly??? *Sigh*.. lol

Hey are we going to do any more swaps here?? I LOOOVEED our Swap I keep looking at them and saying WOW..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #2195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Go Jen-being a rock for your friend....I'm proud to be your friend.

I had too many swaps at convention too girls...I was tired of swapping (I know-crazy talk!)

I'm like Stacy, Erin....Imagining my blabbing now....I know this girl on-line that can sell some Stampin' Up! by golly!

Hope your birthday was fun Ellie!

Today, I will be VSNing and going to eat Mexican food with my 6yo DD. We're leaving her grumpy Dad and little sis home (they dont love it the way we do).

I also need to finish up cutting a triangle book mark for next Thursday's class for a cancer support group. I'm pretty much taking today off after having Club on Thursday night and Friday afternoon (for the girl who can't come Thurs night--she brought a friend who is hosting a WS during SAB-picked the day and everything--did I mention I don't get many WSs?) and Stamp A Stack last night for my downline and her family. My downline can make tamales...and she's willing to teach me...how lucky am I?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #2196  
Stazon Splitcoast

SOrry about your Bday Ellie! (If it helps, last month I was actually throwing up from a tummy bug (sorry) on my birthday! Now that's a yucky day!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #2197  
Stazon Splitcoast

Today is finally a less-than-crazy day! Yay for me! I should definitely get on prepping for Stamp Club on Tuesday, but I'm not too stressed about it.

I think I'm FINALLY on the road to getting well! It feels so amazing to breathe!

Yesterday I got my big grocery shopping done--8 people eat a lot of food. My two oldest will be home this afternoon from a choir trip. The next 3 had rehearsal last night, and my 7yo has a basketball game at 1. Dh will actually be home to take him! Yay! There is a football game to watch, too!

Did I mention I can kinda-sorta breathe? I am so thankful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #2198  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ellie--I'm sorry about your birthday disappointments! I was actually thinking, Wow! People get to have big, fun birthdays???? I am content at my ripe old age <wink> to get to go to dinner with my dh sometime *near* my bday. LOL This time with children passes so quickly, I lose track of how old I am anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #2199  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh no worries.. I said another day... I am actually playing with one of the new templetes that Lauren M. released today w/Papertrey Ink.. WOW IS IT FUN!! I got the all Boxed Up one OH MY GOSHH LLOVEE IT.. The boys are watching DH play his Xbox w/my brother online and Gabi is sleeping here w/me in my craft room and the house is SPOTLESS.. what more could I ask for.. hmm actually I still do want some ColdStone.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #2200  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds great Ellie!

Days 9, 5 and 1 all finished for my Elfette....

Question....do we go in order 12 drummers drumming down to 1 or the other way?

pming Crissy....
Reply With Quote Likes