Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #2081  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Amy- I could use some pre-order samples for sure. I could also use SAB ones, but more likely to use pre-orders. What if the deadline were like Jan 8 with a quick turn around to mail them back out. Would that work for people who are busy during December?
Stacy- I had almost that exact conversation with a doctor colleague of mine (we worked in the same FEMA program) about Thyroid issues several years ago. Then when I got it checked, it came within the normal range. I should probably get it checked again.I am going to ask for mine to be checked again when I go in Feb

Jen- Sorry you had to report someone. I like to think everything and everyone is as nice as this forum is, but I've heard that isn't the case at all. I've stayed away from CE just because I hate confrontation. That should never happen in a support group thread.I agree. Too bad people have to be that way. I agree with the fee to be able to post to threads - sounds harsh, but it does cut some of the ill out.

Off to make dinner. Breakfast burritos per my DH's request.
Sounds good to me...my DH will NOT each breakfast for dinner.

So here I am, catching up with ya'll and I have a swap due - HAS to be mailed priority tomorrow and I have not started it yet. Can you say procrastination! I better get to work...been playing for the past two days on things that can wait, and did not come in here at all today. Go Figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #2082  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
Crissy- what is the mini marathon you are doing in Indy? I may need to join you. that would be great motivation for me!
It is the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon - http://www.500festival.com/marathon/
The month of May is full of events leading up to the Indy 500 and the Mini-Marathon kick starts the month. Last year I believe it sold out in November.

I switched my days this week so I went into the office today. I did go to the gym before hand and because I was late I only got 15 minutes in, but that is better than nothing. The rest of my day was filled with meetings and lots of work!! Now I am home and I can finally catch up with everyone!

Kathy - great news on the the Big Shot!

Amy- your not the only one worried about posting on your blog! I wouldn't mind doing a pre-order swap, I'm just not sure if I could do it.

Jen - those boots are great! Good for you for treating yourself! It is awful that someone would be on any thread on this board, let alone a support thread and causing trouble, don't they have better things to do with their time? It is ridiculous!

*Amy - how often is that byetta injection, daily? I hate not being able to eat carbs. Of course, that doesn't stop me, I do try to eat less, but man it is hard!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #2083  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
This is awesome! Any chance you have instructions you would be able to share on the dimensions and such?
I liked these dimensions...not saying they are the best out there

front total 5 X 7-3/16 (I used more than one paper on the Blueberry, but only one paper on the Haiku)

the notebook binding cover=5X2

inside left total is 5-1/8 X 7-1/4 The top piece is 4-5/8 long and the bottom is shorter (I wanted the top to be larger than the bottom...there is some overlap.) (The notebooks have to be cut at a printer type store to 5 X 7 to fit the DVD tin)

Oh, and be sure to have the big/thick side on the bottom....I messed up two of them and didn't have a way to fix it because I didn't have enough paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #2084  
Pearl-ExPert

It's a super project Rhonda, TFS.

Hi Crissy!

Got my swap done and ready to post. In an hour! Only 6 cards, but still. Sometimes it takes an hour just to do one, let alone 6. I did use an idea from a card I made earlier in the week, slightly modified, but it worked out cute.

I am not at all jazzed about going to work tomorrow. Boss is not happy about current situation (me neither with only 6.5 hours in so far this week and not looking to be more than 3 tomorrow either). He is laying off another guy this week and then selling one of the vans. We found out today that one job we were awarded was put on hold because the building owner went bankrupt and another job we were awarded just this week is now on hold too. I know I am blessed to not "have" to work, but I really should be working...as long as there is a mortgage anyway. We would get by, but there goes all our fun money. I still have a job, and it doesn't look like that will change in the near future, but still...

okay, enough rambling about my job. At least I have one.

I have my upline meeting to go to tomorrow evening - should be fun - she is doing giftables. If there is anything really cool I will share!

Nite nite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #2085  
Mad Swapper

Hello all!

What time did I post that I was leaving to exercise? And what time did I finally get to exercise? 9:30 PM!!!!

And how long did I get to exercise? 15 minutes!

It's been a crazy day. I know I could be exercising instead of on the computer again, but I do want to sleep. I'll probably do some stretches before crawling in bed.

I'm still waiting for one more order before I can hit submit, but oh, I am so 'tasting' my BS!

I'm usually the last one to post at night - so g'night again. And good morning to all who will see this when you get up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 AM   #2086  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been looking at your projects wow girls!! AMAZING LOVE IT ALLL.. I've been wanting to do a SAS or a Card Buffet but I don't know if anyone would come My SU customers are mostly online and I LOVE then dearly but "real" people don't seem interested and I keep saying I should try. I just need put it together..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #2087  
Stazon Splitcoast

My boots have shipped!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 AM   #2088  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
If anyone wants to see my Card Buffet stuff, it's here:

http://cardbuffet.blogspot.com
These are so nice Amy! I didn't comment yesterday because I was cutting CS. Now I only have to clean my table and cut for a class I have next week (rather than tonight and tomorrow)....so I feel like I have more time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 AM   #2089  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
My boots have shipped!!!
Woohootie! I hope they are perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 AM   #2090  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapbookmama_14View Post

I wonder what part of the world Liz is at right now..hmmmm

-Ellie
Liz is back in England after a wicked long day of travelling to Paris and back yesterday. It was so exhausting. I saw the Eiffel tower at a distance.. the top half of it was the size of the tip of my finger! meetings were good and productive.. so that was good. spent a couple hours in the Paris airport.. shopping there is really good.. I totally behaved, but I had at least two different silver rings on.. so tempting.. cute stuff (although a bit pricey!).. oh and the chocolate... and cheese. I was wishing that I was flying directly home so I could have purchased.. ah well.. maybe next time.

so back in England today, meetings tomorrow morning and then the long plane trip home tomorrow afternoon.

Jen- love the boots! wish my calves would fit in high boots.

*amy- thanks for the info on byetta. what's your id on facebook and I'll add you.

I would like to do a preorder swap, but I am not sure if I will have time. I should be at home for the whole month of December, but ya never know, I will know more after thanksgiving.

gotta go on the SU website to check out this sneak peek thing.. it's driving me crazy that I haven't seen it yet and everyone else has!

have a good day all.. it's more than 1/2 way through my day here in England... going out for Portuguese food tonight.. my first time in a restaurant that is exclusively Portuguese. I'll let you know how it is later!

hugs to all that I missed commenting to! Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:23 AM   #2091  
Stazon Splitcoast

Liz, those boots would fit your calves!! I have the same issue - these are stretchy up top! Also, if you buy boots at Aldo, they will stretch them for you, so they fit perfectly!

Have fun eating Portugese. It is similar to Spanish food, though a bit different - it's bound to be delish!

I'm jealous of your travels!! How I wish I could go back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #2092  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am on facebook...

Jennifer Bernardo Dickson

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #2093  
Mad Swapper

Wow! I have the house all to myself this mornig! Do you know that never happens! DD is 3.5 and I bet I have only had the house to myself 3 times, don't get me wrong, I lover her more than anything and she a good little girl, but sometimes you just need the time, right?

So now my problem is? What do I do first?? I need to clean my craft table so I can work on secret elf stuff, I need to do laundry, I need to clean for my class Saturday, I have a book that I am 1/4 way in and haven't picked up in over a week. Then there is this stinkin internet! I don't know where to start and I do not want to waste my time!

I did get some new clothes this morning. Stopped at Kohl's after dropping DD off at daycare. I didn't save as much money as the last time, but I got some new pants and a couple shirts and a pair of shoes, oh and a Christmas present for DD. I was dreading buying new clothes because I've gained some of my weight back and I was afraid. So when I picked out the clothes I grabbed the next size up from what I bought last time and you know what? they were too big! So I'm still in the same size, its just a tiny bit snugger, but I always buy the stretchy kind of clothing so it works!

OK, I'm going to go straighten up...i'll check in later
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #2094  
Hardware Hotshot

I finally got the 50 left over Christmas cards made (well, there weren't really 50 left over, I actually cut several extras of each). Not bad for someone who wasn't planning on sending out Christmas cards this year. Guess I'll have to send out a few.

Today, I've got to get the rest of the Countdown to Christmas stuff done. I only have 12 signed up for this one, so I think I can get it all done today. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #2095  
Stampin' Fool

Jen: Great Boots!!!

I didn't post on SCS for that reason, I was always afraid of nasty comments back. I tend to read and not post even when I have a comment. I am usually saying the comment out loud to myself or whomever is in the room. It is quite funny in my house sometimes!! A support group is just that!! I'm glad no one like that has found their way here!

Paula: Did you ever work out your announcements?

Kathy: The miracles of what they can do now with our eyes. I had Lasik surgery a year and half ago. I cannot believe the difference it has made in my life!! My son suffers from eye problems as well as my mom but what they can do now is incredible.

Crissy: I am one of those people that can gain 40 pounds and not change a size in clothes (yes, they get tighter, but not unwearable!) but with that I have to lose over 40 pounds to go down a size. None of my friends believe me, but it really is true!! I weigh way more than they think I do!!

I have some sick kids and some injured kids in my house right now!!

I'm going to a retreat in a week and I have been prepping pages. I want to scrap 61 (8.5 x 8.5) pages for my SLC Convention 2008 album. I am so proud of myself as I have prepped 29, now to get going on the rest. Now, prep for me is everything but mounting. I prep at the pool mostly as that is my longest hours in a day. (min. 3 hours a day, 6 days a week. I am so thankful for Sundays!!)

Everyone have a great day!!

Could everyone post when they have received their secret elfette box. No, I am not finished mine, but it would nice to know that they arrived.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #2096  
Stampin' Fool

I'd be up for a pre-order new catty swap!! Since the last one went quite smoothly for me. My first US/Canada Swap!! I participate in a lot of Canada swaps..so I'm still swapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #2097  
Mad Swapper

Just checking in -
It's been a busy morning here.
Jen, you'll have to be sure to post pics of you with your boots on!

Liz, Glad your meetings are going well. What an international traveler!

Crissy, Clothes shopping is the worst for me! I'm glad your size still fits.

Rhonda, Glad things are slowing down just a bit for you.

Paula, Yes you CAN! And good for you on the Christmas Cards. I've said every year since I started stamping that I wanted to send out a hand stamped card. Guess how many years it's happened?????

Hello to all the rest of you!
Off to play taxi, teach piano, grocery shopping, etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #2098  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
I have been working on wrappers for Hershey bars with the "rules of chocolate" as a pull out (that can be kept for a bookmark) for my all weekend crop on the 21st. I am not hosting, but thought that they would make a fun treat for everyone. Not quite done assembling my prototype yet, but have all the paper cut and the "rules" printed.
He he he.... those are really fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #2099  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post

Lisa- hope the car gets better. I am considering a subaru for my next car. Do you still recommend?
I know you were asking Lisa W, but I'm gonna answer this too... I LOVE my Forester. I was in an accident where I was hit from the side (passenger, not driver side) hard enough that my car was spun around 90 degrees and there was $11k in damages, including framework. My only injury was a bruise on my hip where the seatbelt fastener was. My mom bought herself a Forester the following year when she was looking for a new car and she loves hers too. Other than the accident and one other fender bender I was in, I've never had a repair (other than consumables like tires and brakes) to my car that cost more than $100. I'm super good about getting the scheduled maintenance done on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #2100  

Quote:

I didn't buy the Wii Fit after I found out it makes your Mii fat. Ummm, thanks anyway! I'll just stick to my exercise bike!
Really? It didn't do anything to mine, but I guess that's a good thing.... LOL! Guess I'll find out when we set DH up on it.... SNORT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #2101  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Check out what I just bought to wear for my high-school reunion!!

http://www.bandolino.com/Nieves/7403...efault,pd.html

I've been dying for a pair of nice boots for a long time. I haven't bought a single pair of new shoes in over a year due to my broken ankle! Woo Hoo! I figure they'll look good on a hot date too!! I actually tried them on at Macy's but they didn't have my size in black, so I tried on brown ones and they are so comfortable too! The only bad part is hoping they get here in time, as Macy's is discontinuing them, so no stores have them in my size.
Pretty! I would kill myself with those heels, but they sure look nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #2102  
Mad Swapper

p.s. Hi Erin and Lisa .

My DD stayed home from school this morning so that we could play around with the camera. We have a family friend who does graphic design and she offered to do my DD's senior announcements. It will only cost us about $15 for the shipping! But she had to have the pics TODAY! My DD also decided that she wanted us to do her pics. The cost of senior portraits is thru the roof these days!

Here's what we ended up with - I love to play around with photoshop and edited and added some actions to these pics. I like the outdoors one, she likes the more dramatic one with her piano.
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-moms-very-favorite.jpg   Swappers Anonymous-katies-favorite.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #2103  

Quote:

If anyone wants to see my Card Buffet stuff, it's here:

http://cardbuffet.blogspot.com
Oooooo..... some awesome stuff there, Amy!

I need to go find the template for those chapstick holders..... I have a few that I bought at Convention that need to be given to people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #2104  

Quote:

Ok, I know it is almost December, and we (many of us) are already doing our Elfette thing.

Would it be of any value to do a catalog preview swap????? We can pre-order sneak peaks Dec 1. I don't know if it would be worth it--is anybody having events over Christmas? LOL Do you think it would be something we would use in our businesses?

We can pre-order SAB the beginning of Jan--I definitely wanna do one of those.

Anybody have any thoughts???
Since I am my biggest customer and I've already made my quarter, I'm going to try and hold out on ordering anything else until January, but I'd love to see what you all do if you have a swap.... you'll have to be sure to upload your creations to the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #2105  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Jen- Sorry you had to report someone. I like to think everything and everyone is as nice as this forum is, but I've heard that isn't the case at all. I've stayed away from CE just because I hate confrontation. That should never happen in a support group thread.
I understand that behavior in CE. They have a warning right at the top of the forum that things can get heated in there. But sadly, I've seen some not so nice stuff in the support forums more than once. Nothing reportable, but the one that stands out in my mind was when a gal was grieving over the loss of her dog and folks were being supportive and someone posted the Rainbow Bridge poem and then someone felt it necessary to come in and post that all of the supporters who were posting that the dog was in a better place and the idea of the rainbow bridge were all lying because animals cannot accept Jesus as their Saviour so they just die. I mean, I don't begrudge anyone their religious views but to come in and say that to someone asking for comfort was just not very nice. Or very Christian, in my view. I mean, would it have hurt her just to post "I'm sorry for your loss" and move on? Like my mama said, if you can't say something nice.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #2106  
Hardware Hotshot

Love the pictures Kathy. Beautiful girls you have! (now I sound like yoda)

No Erin, the annoucements haven't even been started. I wanted to get all the card boxes from my buffet out of the way first. But my order with the supplies came yesterday afternoon and I have a picture all printed and waiting to go on too. So after I finish my prep for Saturday, that is my next priority. Since they have a fall/Thanksgiving theme, I have to get them out next week.

And to those of you who commented on how you are stamping on small spaces because you need to tidy up, I can't even get into my stamp room and have resorted to a table in the family room again. All the better to keep an eye on my boys though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #2107  
Kookie Creator

Liz, the Byetta is a twice a day injection in the abdomen. No biggie for me since there's so much there to apply it to!

Liz and Jen, I've sent you a Facebook friend request.

Kathy - your girls are GORGEOUS!

Hi to everyone else!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #2108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,

I like both pictures, but I like the outdoors one the best. She just looks so carefree and well, All-American. The piano one is dramatic and would be great too - maybe that one for her friends and the outdoor one for family? Can you do both?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #2109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by *amystampsView Post
Liz, the Byetta is a twice a day injection in the abdomen. No biggie for me since there's so much there to apply it to!

Liz and Jen, I've sent you a Facebook friend request.

Kathy - your girls are GORGEOUS!

Hi to everyone else!
YIKES!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2110  
Stazon Splitcoast

about the shot, I mean, not facebook. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #2111  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey gals!

So I took the plunge and actually was brave (only cause of a friend) and submitted to Shelli's Monthly Challenge.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH talk about butterflies in my TUMMY!! WHAT DID I DO!!???!!!

Ok could you guys tell me what you think pretty please??

here is the link : http://creatingwithellie.blogspot.co...blessings.html

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #2112  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
p.s. Hi Erin and Lisa .

My DD stayed home from school this morning so that we could play around with the camera. We have a family friend who does graphic design and she offered to do my DD's senior announcements. It will only cost us about $15 for the shipping! But she had to have the pics TODAY! My DD also decided that she wanted us to do her pics. The cost of senior portraits is thru the roof these days!

Here's what we ended up with - I love to play around with photoshop and edited and added some actions to these pics. I like the outdoors one, she likes the more dramatic one with her piano.
WOW I LOVEEEE THOSE PICS your DD is beautiful!!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #2113  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey gals!

So I took the plunge and actually was brave (only cause of a friend) and submitted to Shelli's Monthly Challenge.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH talk about butterflies in my TUMMY!! WHAT DID I DO!!???!!!

-Ellie
I like it!! Good luck to you!!
A friend of mine actually won last month!! And, if memory serves me correctly, our very own, TexasStampin won in Sept., right?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #2114  
Stazon Splitcoast

For those of you who were/are kind enough to say a prayer for my friend Jim and his family, they started a blog for him, and there is a picture of all of them on there, if you'd like a face to go with the name. I'm one of those people who really appreciates seeing what everyone looks like, so when I think of them, I can have a picture in my head - guess I'm a visual type person!

It's: http://www.tributetojim.blogspot.com/

It is religous-based, as they are Born Again Christians, in case that offends anyone - just wanted you to know ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #2115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
Since I am my biggest customer and I've already made my quarter, I'm going to try and hold out on ordering anything else until January, but I'd love to see what you all do if you have a swap.... you'll have to be sure to upload your creations to the gallery!
I think I'm in the same boat....sigh...but I might have a class the beginning of Dec., so if I get some orders than maybe I can sneak on a little something for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #2116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, she's gorgeous! I like the outdoor one too...the other is more artsy which I'm sure would be the one her friends like.

Ellie, it is really cute! Good luck!

Owie Amy....You have a good 'tude and seem like the shot doesn't bother you though! You're a tough girl! I'm jealous!

I hear you Lisa....it would be like an atheist posting to Jen's friend's blog saying they don't agree. Sort of a......."huh? Noone asked for opinions and debate."

Hugs to all Jim's friends Jen! It must be so difficult.

Paula, my DH talks about getting a bigger house with a place for my stuff, but I would hate to be confined when I can be in the dining room/with everyone else I have to watch my 2yo like a hawk anyway or she'll go get a banana and mash it in the carpet....a weird thing she does LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #2117  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh thanks so much girls it means so much!! (((HUGS))) Now to put it behind me at least I gave it a go right? lol..

So what is for dinner gals?? For us here.. nothing really.. Mac&Cheese here.. hey anyone going to watch ER tonight?? I'm thinking about it...

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #2118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Homemade nachos with hot salsa for me, as I feel a cold coming on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #2119  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
p.s. Hi Erin and Lisa .

LOVE the outdoor one. What about changing the lighting on the piano shot so it wasn't SO dramatic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #2120  

Quote:

Hey gals!

-Ellie
Ellie - that's REALLY creative!
Reply With Quote Likes