Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #2041  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and I love my Subaru too. We have a 2000 Outback with about 90000 miles on it. It's been a great car and we've only had a few repair issues with it. Nothing major. A new Outback would be high on my list if we were looking for another car.

They are just made differently than other cars and so when they do need service, you need to take them to someone who knows Subarus. Jiffy Lube kept over filling our oil when we took it there for changes and it caused a few minor problems.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #2042  
Stampin' Fool

My DD best friends Dad is a Subaru mechanic. He just won some award. I don't own one but he always has a few at his house he's working on. It seems everyone in the neighbourhood goes to him to fix their Subaru's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #2043  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen - here are the "Rules" in a word doc. You can format however it works for printing.

Last edited by biffsbee; 06-16-2009 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #2044  
Mad Swapper

Ooh, Ooh, OOH! I am just bursting! I just got a call from a gal in my hostess club who still needed to place her order. Out of the blue she started asking me about the Big Shot. She wants one for her Christmas present! And not only did she order a BS - she ordered the starter kit!

Which bumped up the order so that with my commission I CAN GET MY OWN BIG SHOT! And the basket and blooms die. I am so excited! I only spend my commissions on SU stuff - and all I have is one hostess group right now, so this is stupendous news!

And now it's off to sleep.

p.s. Liz - it was good to hear from you. Paris, huh? What an exciting life you lead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #2045  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a Subaru too! A Forrester and my dad has an Outback. They really are good in the snow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #2046  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're the best, Lisa! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 AM   #2047  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,

That is great news! Way to go on that order!

Liz,

Enjoy your travels! You are so lucky that you get to travel so much! I was just in Europe over the summer - Spain - and it's amazing how old things are there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 AM   #2048  
Hardware Hotshot

Way to go Kathy! You will love it (and your kids will too.) I've sold one and still have one customer really interested and a couple of others who've asked about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #2049  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
Ooh, Ooh, OOH! I am just bursting! I just got a call from a gal in my hostess club who still needed to place her order. Out of the blue she started asking me about the Big Shot. She wants one for her Christmas present! And not only did she order a BS - she ordered the starter kit!

Which bumped up the order so that with my commission I CAN GET MY OWN BIG SHOT! And the basket and blooms die. I am so excited! I only spend my commissions on SU stuff - and all I have is one hostess group right now, so this is stupendous news!

And now it's off to sleep.

p.s. Liz - it was good to hear from you. Paris, huh? What an exciting life you lead!
Fantastic news Kathy!! Congrats on your Big Shot! Woohootie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #2050  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Morning ladies! When you're stamping on your paper cutter, is that a sign you need to clean your table????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #2051  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Enjoy your travels! You are so lucky that you get to travel so much! I was just in Europe over the summer - Spain - and it's amazing how old things are there!
I lived in Italy for a couple of years when I was a lot younger and that was the very thing that I love the most about it. Coming from the United States, where things are so 'new' historically, I could just 'feel' the oldness of the country. I was amazed at things that were thousands of years old and still standing.

Hi Paula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #2052  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Morning ladies! When you're stamping on your paper cutter, is that a sign you need to clean your table????
a-yup! Been guilty of that myself. How are things coming with all your preparations, Rhonda? You are doing some great stuff over there!

(BTW I just realized last week that I teach piano lessons over in your subdivision! Small world!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 AM   #2053  
Stazon Splitcoast

You've all been busy!

Lisa--thanks for saying my buffet stuff is nice! I did a bunch of it Monday night, which is way too "last-minute" for me!

Kathy--SO glad things are going so well for your daughter! And a Big Shot for you, too!

Liz--I think it's so wonderful that you get to visit so many places! I am a total homebody. LOL

And yes, we're getting a Wii for Christmas, too! I bought it in MAY--and it's still sitting in the back of the closet. I am very proud of myself for not getting it out already. I'm not sure it's a secret from any of the kids--even my 4yo keeps pointing out Wii games he thinks we should have for Christmas. LOL I didn't buy the Wii Fit after I found out it makes your Mii fat. Ummm, thanks anyway! I'll just stick to my exercise bike!

Up late with Card Buffet last night--the last two didn't leave till 10 pm. <yawn> Now I need to straighten it up and do my "accounting" before I forget.

And I'm afraid to upload anything to my blog, because what if my secret elfie sees it and guesses who I am right from the beginning???? Is anyone else stressing about that??? Or just me. LOL

Have a great day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #2054  
Stazon Splitcoast

Check out what I just bought to wear for my high-school reunion!!

http://www.bandolino.com/Nieves/7403...efault,pd.html

I've been dying for a pair of nice boots for a long time. I haven't bought a single pair of new shoes in over a year due to my broken ankle! Woo Hoo! I figure they'll look good on a hot date too!! I actually tried them on at Macy's but they didn't have my size in black, so I tried on brown ones and they are so comfortable too! The only bad part is hoping they get here in time, as Macy's is discontinuing them, so no stores have them in my size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:44 AM   #2055  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooooh, pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #2056  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
You've all been busy!

Lisa--thanks for saying my buffet stuff is nice! I did a bunch of it Monday night, which is way too "last-minute" for me!

Kathy--SO glad things are going so well for your daughter! And a Big Shot for you, too!

Liz--I think it's so wonderful that you get to visit so many places! I am a total homebody. LOL

And yes, we're getting a Wii for Christmas, too! I bought it in MAY--and it's still sitting in the back of the closet. I am very proud of myself for not getting it out already. I'm not sure it's a secret from any of the kids--even my 4yo keeps pointing out Wii games he thinks we should have for Christmas. LOL I didn't buy the Wii Fit after I found out it makes your Mii fat. Ummm, thanks anyway! I'll just stick to my exercise bike!

Up late with Card Buffet last night--the last two didn't leave till 10 pm. <yawn> Now I need to straighten it up and do my "accounting" before I forget.

And I'm afraid to upload anything to my blog, because what if my secret elfie sees it and guesses who I am right from the beginning???? Is anyone else stressing about that???
Or just me. LOL

Guess it's a good thing I don't have a blog!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #2057  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Really? I thought that was normal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #2058  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
I lived in Italy for a couple of years when I was a lot younger and that was the very thing that I love the most about it. Coming from the United States, where things are so 'new' historically, I could just 'feel' the oldness of the country. I was amazed at things that were thousands of years old and still standing.

Hi Paula!
I love traveling for that reason. You really feel the history of the place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 AM   #2059  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
You've all been busy!

Lisa--thanks for saying my buffet stuff is nice! I did a bunch of it Monday night, which is way too "last-minute" for me! You are welcome

Kathy--SO glad things are going so well for your daughter! And a Big Shot for you, too! BS rocks! Good for you!

Liz--I think it's so wonderful that you get to visit so many places! I am a total homebody. LOL Have a blast Liz!

And yes, we're getting a Wii for Christmas, too! I bought it in MAY--and it's still sitting in the back of the closet. I am very proud of myself for not getting it out already. I'm not sure it's a secret from any of the kids--even my 4yo keeps pointing out Wii games he thinks we should have for Christmas. LOL I didn't buy the Wii Fit after I found out it makes your Mii fat. Ummm, thanks anyway! I'll just stick to my exercise bike! comment refused on the grounds I may eat my words

Up late with Card Buffet last night--the last two didn't leave till 10 pm. <yawn> Now I need to straighten it up and do my "accounting" before I forget. Hope your buffet was fun!

And I'm afraid to upload anything to my blog, because what if my secret elfie sees it and guesses who I am right from the beginning???? Is anyone else stressing about that??? Or just me. LOL Totally not just you - I have been working away for two days on stuff I want to share but...

Snow on the ground here this morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #2060  
Pearl-ExPert

Cute boots Jen! I have been wanting a pair of black boots - mostly the anklets, but I wear jeans and sweatshirts to work even so have a hard time buying nicer things that I will only wear to church and then we wear jeans to church most of the time too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #2061  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Snow on the ground here this morning.
Brrrr! I haven't turned my heater on yet - I'm waiting until we're shivering LOL!

Amy, I'm stressed, too, about not letting my elfie know that it's me. I really want it to be a surprise.

Jen - CUTE boots. You're sure to look HOT at your reunion!

Ok girls, I'm off to exercise. Anyone else going to join me this morning?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #2062  
Pearl-ExPert

Good AM gals!

How is everyone... Girls I joined a swap! yippeee (that one I signed up for 2 swaps -Valentine Day swaps) and I also am in a Sketch Swap.. AHHHH Feeling so much better! lol.. I need one more and I'll be happy! lol

AND I have actually been productive this AM!!! I started my Mini and Reg. Sized Mag. Holders Now I need to make the cards. I also made a Christmas Card using this cute fold.. I am doing another one right now and then I'll post on my blog so you guys can see.. WOW.. I am impressed at myself! lol.. I've been drooling at the SU sneak Peek and trying to see if my Brother will get it for me for Bday! lol.. and also I've been drooling at the my swaps from VA still I want to make them all! lol..

My brain keeps saying GET THESE IDEAS OUTTTT ALREADY.... and what happens.. BAM another big dose of stuff I want to do.. I sooo need to stop blog hopping! lol..

Jen me lovvvinnngg those boots.. I like High boots I'm only 5 2 so when I wear them I feel like I have long legs..LOL

Hmm I wonder what part of the world Liz is at right now..hmmmm

Amy I wouldn't tell! lol.. share what you made at your Buffet yesterday! lol...

Ok let me see if I can actually finish what I started as My Sassy is asleep and so is DH (he has today off) and its sooo wonderful and quiet right now.. WOW... BUT not for too long about to put my John Legend CD.. LOVE THAT MAN... (SHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell hubby! lol)

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #2063  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got back from exercising, Kathy!

I swam 3/4 of a mile today. It was reallly crowded at the Y today. Everyone was sharing lanes. I shared with a guy today who was about my speed - it was great, because it kept me on my toes to make sure we passed each other at the same point each lap.

Lisa - I think you should get some cute boots too! The pair I really wanted were at Aldo and cost $200, so I was happy to find a pair that I like just as much for cheaper, though I bet they don't last as long. I love shoes from Aldo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #2064  
Stazon Splitcoast

If anyone wants to see my Card Buffet stuff, it's here:

http://cardbuffet.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #2065  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome projects, as usual, Amy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #2066  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw, thanks.

December is usually one of my biggest months, so I'm hoping that will happen again, despite the economy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #2067  
Kookie Creator

Liz

The Byetta is an injection like a treatment for diabetics. It doesn't hurt at all. I used to take Metformin but that didn't seem to help much. I have alot of the side affects but the worst is the infertility. And this blasted weight - I'm supposed to stay off the carbs too! So hard!

I also didn't realized how common PCOS is either. Wow!

BTW - Liz, I have a facebook profile if you want to add me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
Wow.. I have PCOS too. I can't believe so many of you have it. I was starting to feel like the only one. I am supposed to take Metaformin/glucophage, but I am horrible about taking it. It's supposed to boost metabolism for PCOS women, but it just makes me hungry when I take it.. we can have a whole forum just on this stupid syndrome.. anywho, thanks for sharing that ladies. its nice to know I am not the only out there. (oh and it's not a genetic type of thing.. although two of my cousins have it as well)

Crissy- what is the mini marathon you are doing in Indy? I may need to join you. that would be great motivation for me!

Amy- I'll have to check out byetta and what it does. thanks for sharing that. it really is such a bother to try and lose weight with PCOS. It really takes a lot more persistance than what I have. but really what it comes down to is changing your diet.. My doctor has told me to see a dietician since I am lactose intolerant as well... but here is what she told me. Carbs are my enemy. They quickly turn to fat if not burnt off, fat produces/ holds estrogen, making the body produce more estrogen since the fat wants more estrogen to keep it happy (which makes you crave carbs more), throwing off your hormones more, making the effects of PCOS worse. we can chat more via PM if you want!

do you all have the other horrible side effects? thinning hair, skin tags and such? I get the joy of that as well. what fun biology is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #2068  
Stazon Splitcoast

Peter Walsh is on Oprah!! I love him...not so much her, but he always inspires me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #2069  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all, log onto Snapfish through Oprah's site and you can get a free 8 1/2 X 11 20 page photo book!! They talked about taking pictures of the kids drawings and turning them into a book. And I just might do that!! You have to finish it by Sunday, though. So, get moving!! Click on the free photo book icon under the Get Clean with Peter Walsh area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #2070  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Jen! (love the boots BTW!) I just logged in for mine. Trying to figure out what to put in it. It would make a great gift for grandparents too. I just might have to take a few more pictures of the boys this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #2071  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just had to report someone to the mods for the first time ever. Wow. A totally awful personal attack - not on me, thank goodness. Sure I'm next though.

On the positive side, I just made my secret elfette a gift!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #2072  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hanging out in CE????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #2073  
Stazon Splitcoast

nope - a personal attack on the divorce thread. it was this person's first post and obviously a relative/friend of this woman's husband, though I did hang out in CE during the election. I mean, you know, things get heated there, and people get attacked, but really, on a support thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #2074  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a quiet advocate for SCS to cost a minimum amount to be a member. If a person had to pay $10 per year, it would keep a lot of that kind of stuff out.

There used to be a woman who would join every 2-3 months under a different username and just be horrible! If she had needed to pay $10 each time, I bet she wouldn't have done it!

ETA: Just to post! I can see keeping it free to read and browse the galleries. But I think it's a privilege to be able to post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #2075  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I know it is almost December, and we (many of us) are already doing our Elfette thing.

Would it be of any value to do a catalog preview swap????? We can pre-order sneak peaks Dec 1. I don't know if it would be worth it--is anybody having events over Christmas? LOL Do you think it would be something we would use in our businesses?

We can pre-order SAB the beginning of Jan--I definitely wanna do one of those.

Anybody have any thoughts???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #2076  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm...I can see the value in that. $10 isn't a lot to post. I think you're right that it would cut down on that nonsense. You must be a member of the fan club too. I want to do that - probably when I get a job and my money is mine! That will be a nice treat.

While I love the idea of a catalog sneak peek swap, I'm not sure when I'd have time to get it done. Though, I'm more likely to preorder a stamp set or two than order SAB sets - I don't preorder them anymore, so I'll be skipping that one.

I want to have a fun Christmas this year and enjoy the holiday. Last year's was terrible, with the broken ankle and the ex's foul mood.

BTW, my mom loved your card, Amy and yours too, Lisa! She loved them all, but she particularly likes religous cards for Christmas. She thought it was calligraphy, Amy!!! I had to point out that it was a stamp set. LOL! And, yes, she is one of my customers!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #2077  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Get the DVD tins if they have them....I bought mine from effectuality and they were expensive on shipping.

Here it is on my projects blog http://thestampinbunnyprojects.blogs...mber-20th.html in the Haiku paper....I have a bunch in the Maine bluebberry now too so I'll take a picture tomorrow when I finish covering the legal pads.
This is awesome! Any chance you have instructions you would be able to share on the dimensions and such?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #2078  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow - so much reading to do to catch up. Very excited to hear about your daughter Kathy! I've been keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

I had to go look PCOS up - I can't believe that something that affects approx 5% of women affects so many of you! I am also part of the troublesome thyroid club - got diagnosed last February right before my 30th birthday. I don't take very much medicine for it but I can't use it to explain my lack of weight loss - I blame that on my wine and cheese cravings. I will always remember my doctor asking the typical questions.
Dr: Do you notice your hair falling out?
Stacy: It's 5 feet long (was getting ready for locks for love) - of course it comes out.
Dr: Do you feel tired?
Stacy: I'm working 60-70 hours a week - of course I'm tired.
Dr: Didn't you notice your skin was dry?
Stacy: I'm allergic to everything and it's winter - of course my skin is dry.
Dr: What about the weight gain?
Stacy: I've been at the same weight since 3 months after I got married (after putting on 40 happy pounds) and hate exercising with my free time and love beer - of course I've put on weight.

Ah, those are the moments you treasure...

My plans for this week is to finish my calendar prep tonight & Friday (numbering the desktop calendars, prepping November) and then create kits with mom on Saturday. I have a class tomorrow and then I can work on my Christmas cards! I have a Big Shot class the first week of December and then I'm off until mid January.

We found out at work that we have to take 3 weeks of vacation between now and February and that includes 2 weeks at Christmas. I think "get to" instead of "have to" - the idea of taking time off that you CAN'T be contacted for work is FABULOUS! We will have family and friends in town and i"m just so excited. Course, I manage my time off well and have plenty of time to take 3 weeks but I know a lot of others don't and they are struggling - I hope it works out for them. But I'm still excited and I get another 1 1/2 week trip in April - whoo hoo!

Anyhow, off to make a celebration dinner - wrapped up a 6 month project today ON TIME - it's time for a glass of wine.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #2079  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh and I'm adding Wii Fit to my christmas list after all this discussion - sounds like a fun way to use that piece of equipment that is gaining dust!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #2080  
Hardware Hotshot

Amy- I could use some pre-order samples for sure. I could also use SAB ones, but more likely to use pre-orders. What if the deadline were like Jan 8 with a quick turn around to mail them back out. Would that work for people who are busy during December?

Stacy- I had almost that exact conversation with a doctor colleague of mine (we worked in the same FEMA program) about Thyroid issues several years ago. Then when I got it checked, it came within the normal range. I should probably get it checked again.

Jen- Sorry you had to report someone. I like to think everything and everyone is as nice as this forum is, but I've heard that isn't the case at all. I've stayed away from CE just because I hate confrontation. That should never happen in a support group thread.

Off to make dinner. Breakfast burritos per my DH's request.
Reply With Quote Likes