Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #161  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amy,
I like your idea of setting goals. I'd also like to come to your Big Shot party! This weeks goals:
Monday: Study
Tuesday Study
Wednesday: Study
Thursday: Study
Friday: Study and write paper
Saturday: STAMP!!!
Missi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #162  
Hardware Hotshot

My goal for the week is to survive until DH gets back on Thursday! He's been gone over a week now and my DS needs some serious daddy time and I need some serious mommy time!!!

Last week I caught him playing with matches when he was watching TV in my bedroom. (Don't know how in the world he found matches and how in the world he managed to not burn the house down.) Today he dialed 9-1-1. So of course the police have to come make sure everything is OK at our house. (Did I mention that my DH is a cop? He's a federal agent now, but was a sheriff's deputy before that.) I just about died from embarrassment! Ugh!

OK. Seriously, I do have other goals for the week:

Tuesday - Wedding shower invitations designed. (I have to make 50 invites for a shower I am hosting for a gal from church.) DS has his kindergarten assessment and a hair cut scheduled too.
Wednesday - Prep for Marker Club (Cards already designed --I think that's a first.) Work on Invitations.
Thursday - Clean house, set up for Marker Club (DH returns!!!)
Friday - DH taking the day off. Family time and maybe a few hours of mommy time too.

Everybody pray, cross your fingers and send lot of positive thoughts my DH's way. If he doesn't pass a test tomorrow, he won't be home until Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooh, Paula! LOL I had those days! My oldest had a gift for dialing 911 when she was a *baby*. It was completely random, but she kept doing it! Did it a couple times at my parents' house. Way to go, Dad, for letting her have the phone.

Sending good wishes for hubby to make it home early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hugs and prayers Paula!! I hope DH passes too!

You've inspired me Amy! I have designed my GWTW swap cards and am about ready for my Get the Scoop Night on Thursday. (My table is a MESS though.)

I did update my blog with little Big Shot ornaments....nothing earth-shattering, but my DD's like 'em so I thought my customers would too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #165  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Amy and Rhonda. Thanks for reading my vent and offering support! I love my SA sisters.

Rhonda - I love those ornaments. Such a great idea.

Amy - I am interested to hear how your Big Shot party goes. Make sure you update us when it's all over. Are you offering incentives to those who buy it that night? Or offering it as a club? Inquiring minds want to know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #166  
Crimping Master

Paula - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your hubby passes his test and can hurry home!

Rhonda - Cute ornaments! They would look cute nestled in a mini pizza box for a gift. Oh, I love your acetate box too. I've got to try that. Maybe for Halloween.

I've got to design a card for a new catalog swap. I'm debating on a gel card. I've only ever made one at a shoebox swap about six months ago. Now it looks like the bag is ready to pop. Could it be the gel, or did we use too much? Have any of you made a gel card and do they last?

Well, back to the exciting topic of cellular biology
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #167  
Stazon Splitcoast

Those ornaments are so cute, Rhonda!

Paula, I don't have really high hopes for my Big Shot Party. LOL Only have about 4-6 people coming. I've been working on displays--3 swap cards I have done that feature the dies, a scrapbook 2-page spread that features the snowflake die (which, as you know, I already had! LOL) cut out of sparkly felt from Michaels, and a few of the baskets in some of the new papers. I still want to do a few of the pillowboxes and maybe some bag toppers.

Each person will get to make 2 free projects--put them thru the Big Shot all by themselves. A basket from Baskets and Blooms (which we will fill with a small cello bag of hershey kisses) and a magnetic bookmark with the 20 years embosslit (which they can layer with another image if they want).

My plan is to offer the following incentives:
Buy the Big Shot today and get a FREE designer paper sample pack. (leftover hostess paper packs from last catalog)

Buy the Big Shot Starter Kit today and get 1 FREE die (up to $21.95 value) AND the FREE designer paper sample pack, in addition to hostess benefits.

Buy the Big Shot Starter Kit with Bag today and get a FREE Premium Crease Pad, 1 FREE die (up to $21.95 value), AND the FREE designer paper sample pack, in addition to hostess benefits!

If they wait, the benefits will not stay the same. LOL I'm taking these as pre-orders. I just want to encourage them to order NOW, because if they wait, they won't order as much. Yes, I'm evil. I doubt I will sell one. But I have a couple new customers coming, so hopefully they'll sign up for Card Buffet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #168  
Mad Swapper

Amy- I like those incentives for your BS party.. good ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Paula- here's to good thoughts for your hubby! may he be home Thursday!

Rhonda- LOVE the ornaments.. saved your blog in my favorites. I have to add you to my blog reading roll.

Missi- study study! you can do it. It's so hard to focus when there are stamps to play with.. been there done that!! I was finishing my MBA program when I started being a demo.. oh the distractions! but I made it! you can too! good luck

I gotta get my GWTW swaps sent today and get my presentation ready for Saturday. I am about half way done. Once I get that done, i can work on my swaps for my upline meeting on Saturday... the more we bring, the more door prizes we get to sign up for.. and they are usually GOOD! Plus I need to do a couple displays of convention swaps and other goodies.. my mini albums and stamp camp swaps are definitely going. they were super good.

ok.. enough rambling. have a great morning all!
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #169  
Kookie Creator

Default Just checking in..

Hey just popping in to say hi! All your workshops and such are amazing! I just volunteered to participate in our Jr High good grades reward program. They get to choose an activity if they are doing well in school and I will be providing a small 3D item once a week. I'm hoping this may lead the teachers and parents my way for some business. We'll see!

Working on my SA swap this week and hope to have in the mail soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #170  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey all - so my goal is to clean my house. I live in Columbia Village where the big fires were last night. We were evacuated at 7:30 but are back this morning and luckily it just looks like things are smoky smelling but nothing that can't be salvaged. It was the craziest night - funny how when you can only grab a handful of things, it tells you a lot about yourself through what you pick.

Once cleaning is done, I'm totally closing myself off in my stamp room and getting some stamp therapy done. Not really a goal but a necessity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Stacy! I am so glad you're ok! For those out of the area, 10 homes were completely destroyed and 10 others pretty badly damaged. One woman died. A wildfire just burst into their housing development last night when we were having 50 mph winds.

Sending hugs your way! And if you need anything *call me*!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #172  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Amy - I forget that not everyone gets "Boise" news and appreciate the virtual hugs. Jeez, between fires and rafting mishaps and work fiascos, none of you are going to want to hang around me - I feel very high maintenance this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #173  
Hardware Hotshot

So glad that you and your home are OK Staci! So scary. There was a fire yesterday only a mile or so from my house that damaged 5 homes and another one on the other side of the valley where they evacuated 60 homes. I had that thought too, what would I grab if I only had a few minutes to get out. When I heard about the fire in Boise I hoped all my Boise friends were OK (it was on the national news this morning). How sad for those that did lose their homes.

My DH didn't pass his test this morning. He won't be home until Friday now. (I thought Saturday for some reason, but he has assured me it is Friday around noon.) Just means I have to figure out a plan of what to do with DS during Marker Club.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #174  
Crimping Master

Stacy - How scary, I'm so glad you're alright. I remember when the field behind our house caught fire, all I could think of was saving my furry friends and my photos.
Paula - too bad your hubby has to stay one more day Maybe your DH will play quietly in his room during your marker club, HaHaHa....
Amy- I hope your efforts lead to new customers!
Liz-Thanks for the encouragement! When I went to school for my RN, I used to reward myself by being able to read a chapter of what I wanted for every chapter I read in a school text. I'm going to have to reinstate the rewards process, but this time it will be stamping time
Now, back to work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Thanks Amy - I forget that not everyone gets "Boise" news and appreciate the virtual hugs. Jeez, between fires and rafting mishaps and work fiascos, none of you are going to want to hang around me - I feel very high maintenance this year!

Seriously, though, if you need anything--like stamping stuff for an event? Let me know! Oh, and word is out in the Boise demo community that there was "a demo" who was evacuated. I received an email today asking if anyone knew who the demo was on Sweetwater Ct. Everyone wants to help if you need it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #176  
Polyshrink Goddess

That makes me very happy to hear. There was two of us that were evacuated but the demo on Sweetwater is Theresa - she's in our demo group. Her house was actually damaged in the fire instead of just smoky. I haven't been able to get a hold of her yet but if I hear of anything she needs that we can help with, I'll pass it on.

I just finished cleaning my stuff up and now I'm in the craft room trying to get it picked up so I can vacuum and FeBreeze it like the rest of the house. The only other place at our house that is still gross is the garage but I just hold my breath when I go out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Thanks girls! I've not played with die-cutting before so I'm easily amused

That's a great idea Amy! I think I will copy some of it!

Hugs to you Stacy!!! I'm glad you and your family are okay!

I'm sorry your DH didn't pass Paula! I'm glad it is Friday instead though.

My GWTW swaps will be going Priority Mail tomorrow...I didn't finish today.....(doctor and hair appts....)

That sounds cool Liz! Good luck winning doorprizes...I still need to get a display or two.

Good Luck Amy! Hoping for plenty of good new customers for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #178  
Stampin' Fool

Default Finally Found you all...

I left on Holidays as soon as I got home from SLC and so I have been out of touch. Very sad to know I missed out on the SA New Catty Swap, but for sure want in on the Christmas one. I finally found you after KimC told me you had been moved to the General side. I never venture to the General Side so I would never have known. Don't have time this evening to read all but will get caught up asap with all of you gals...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Erin! Welcome back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #180  
Hardware Hotshot

Woo Hoo! We've missed you Erin! I saw you post on another thread yesterday and I thought maybe you were avoiding us. LOL!

I have a design for my Big Shot Die Card Front Swap. It uses the baskets and blooms die to make a pocket on the front of the card. Wasn't sure at first, but I tweaked it a bit and my neighbor gives it a thumbs up.

And there are still three spots if anyone else is interested.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=369058
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is this the neighbor with the really clean house? 'Cause I'm not sure I would trust her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #182  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh no. This neighbor is the one who watches my DS so I can go to convention and my partner is the holiday boutique I do in November. Her house is mostly like mine, clean when it needs to be.

Love all your new smileys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whew! Can't trust those people whose houses are *always* clean! LOL

I go thru smiley phases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=amysings;11084211]Whew! Can't trust those people whose houses are *always* clean! LOL

QUOTE]

Oh, I am ~very~ trustworthy!

Finally mailed my GWTW swaps....trying to decide about the other three swaps, but my open house is tomorrow night and Friday so I won't likely try anything until after that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #185  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post

I go thru smiley phases.
Boy, that makes me as trustworthy as Lassie.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #186  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Big Shot Die Card Front Swap.
Okay, this sounds interesting? My only question is how does it work for cross border shipping of swaps? Do I send American money for postage and how much? I have only participated in local swaps where I have actually just driven and picked up my swaps before they have been mailed out! Does anyone know about this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #187  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Mailed my GWTW Junkie swap on Monday. Have a circle journal that I have to do a layout for and get it mailed by the end of the week. Then the SA New Catty swap. A friend of ours wants us to go to Pismo Beach with her this weekend to hang out in the timeshare for a couple days. It's a four hour drive and we would get there around 3 Saturday afternoon and then leave Monday morning. Not sure that 36 hours at the coast are worth 8 hours of driving, KWIM? Although I *could* work on my SA swap.... hmmmm...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I wanna go to the coast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #189  
Hardware Hotshot

Glad to know that I am trustworthy as well.

Erin - I am not sure about how it would work across the border. Maybe there is an answer over in the swap area?

Lisa - I haven't been to Pismo Beach since I was about 10. It is beautiful, but I like to look at the beach more than play at the beach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #190  
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=rhondag;11089116]
Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post

QUOTE]

Oh, I am ~very~ trustworthy!

Finally mailed my GWTW swaps....trying to decide about the other three swaps, but my open house is tomorrow night and Friday so I won't likely try anything until after that.
So am I. People can see my craft room from the walkway as they come up to the house and while orderly, it's defines clutter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #191  
Polyshrink Goddess

Back on track - I met my goal for last week yesterday and got my newsletter and camp schedule out. One big camp and one class each month through December. Today's goal is to get them out on my Web site - why is it so hard to remember to do that part? I'm also in a big 100 cardfront swap so my other goal is to have it designed and the order placed for anything I'm goin to need tomorrow. 100 card fronts is a lot - I hope I don't decide to sponge or paper piece on the!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #192  
Mad Swapper

I have missed you guys! Stacy, the fires sound so very scary. What an experience! I don't get to watch news much so I completely missed it.

Rhonda, I LOVE your ornaments. I am rethinking buying those dies, now!

Paula, you talked me into the BS card front swap. I've also signed up for Belinda's and Michelle's swaps, as well as the SA swap. I was going thru withdrawal, but think I'll be okay now, LOL!!!!

And guess what?!!!! I finally got my suitcases unpacked! They are still not out of the bedroom, but they are empty, and the contents are put away in an organized manner. I knew that I could stuff the stuff somewhere, but I'd still have to go thru it another day.

Our garage is still a little topsy/turvy from our move and we've got to clear a path to the attic on Sat. so I can get the suitcases up there.

I finally got my first order from the new catty. Oh My Word! I have some fun new stuff to play with. I'm going to get 2 of my swaps done this weekend. I was up at midnight waiting for an email from my son in Japan and I got a great idea for my SA swap. Can't wait to see what y'all have up your sleeves.

Kathy

p.s. a BIG hi to everyone else! Sounds like we're all busy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kathy! Congrats on making progress unpacking and stuff! (Thanks for the ornament compliment too.)

100 makes me want to run away Stacy...you're a better woman than I!

Cleaning is getting me down....I'm tired of it! Gotta keep going though.....I have my Get the Scoop tomorrow night....seems like the day (s) have taken forever to get here. (Continued Friday day time too)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #194  
Mad Swapper

Cleaning is getting me down....I'm tired of it! Gotta keep going though.....I have my Get the Scoop tomorrow night....seems like the day (s) have taken forever to get here. (Continued Friday day time too)[/QUOTE]

I don't know about anyone else, but it's the cleaning that is the real stress of having groups at my home. My home isn't dirty, but it seems that it always takes so much effort to get it presentable for company!

My sympathies, Rhonda, and to the rest of you who have mentioned this along the way.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #195  
Hardware Hotshot

Yep, I've got marker club tonight so I'll be cleaning today too. But it is probably a good thing I have these things at my house. It makes me clean the house every few weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Only ended up with 3 last night at my Big Shot party (2 who are co-workers got stuck at work). BUT, one placed a pre-order for the Top Note die, and 2 want to start a club! I've been trying for 2 years to get a club going, and never could get more than 2 people. I think I might finally have 5-6, so I'm very excited!

One customer has been coming to Card Buffet for 18 months, and earlier in August finally placed her first order. She always says, "Sure I have a little creativity. I keep it at Amy's house." LOL Well, she ordered a personalized stamp because she's so proud of what she makes, and now she wants the whole Big Shot deal. LOL

So, overall, it didn't turn out as I expected, but it went well. That's all you can ask, right? Good luck to those with events this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #197  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is probably a good thing I have classes here too Paula.....I wonder how bad it would be before I cleaned?

I try to look at it as getting paid to clean when I have classes here, Kathy...sorry my 'tude was bad...DH helped and all the cleaning is finished...even the windows which seem pointless with a two-year-old. I'm going to be able to make a card or two today-yippee!

Congrats on getting a club going Amy!!--that is one of my goals. Glad it went well! Thanks for the good luck wishes too. Tonight there will be a couple of girls here I don't know (found me on the demo locator) and all my cheerleaders (who love everything I demo and choose for make and takes) aren't coming until tomorrow. eek!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #198  
Hardware Hotshot

Good luck Rhonda. Let us know how it goes. And I completely hear you on cleaning the windows. Especially my sliding glass door!

This is my last marker club meeting and I am going to miss that automatic order every other month. I do have a hostess club that will meet in Sept, Oct, and Nov so I am good for that help making my minimums (not that I need the help, I seem to do pretty well on my own.)

I am thinking of trying a different share every month next year. So far, I've come up with four different ribbon shares (1/4" grosgrain, 5/8" grosgrain, taffeta, and misc specialty ribbon), a DSP share (2x once for each catalog), a Hodgepodge Hardware Share, and a Pretties share.

The price would be different each month depending on the product and if there is a club meeting that month and they wanted to participate, it would count toward their club minimum purchase. (I would order the share items with the club order.)

Any thoughts? Other ideas for shares?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #199  
Hardware Hotshot

PS - My DH did pass his written test this morning! I told him to go find a flight and get home, but he said he needs today to chill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #200  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never done shares (so I'm no help with that part), but those sound like good ones and a good idea to me.

Congrats to your DH! Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes