Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #1601  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice. I called her and told her I really needed 12 and she upped the number and is sending me a check today. And my former upline's project got canceled because their wasn't enough interest in her project.

Crissy- All of Amy's suggestions are great. I especially like "moments."

I heard a quote a few months ago: "The joy of motherhood comes in moments." It was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment because my AJ was giving us quite a challenge. I think I need to cut that out of vinyl and put it in my house where I will see it all the time. Right next to Angie's "If God leads ya to it, He'll lead ya through it."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #1602  
Mad Swapper

hi All!

OK the BIA- I want one too (thanks Amy. ) here the thing.. I heard they came out with a pink one that does more pages etc... what are your thoughts on that?

So my headache thing is back.. I think it's sinus. We started the furnace this week.. maybe that's drying me out? I don't know but I wish my head would stop hurting. I have already taken pseudafed and advil and now my head is cloudy/fuzzy. I think I need to go home from work.. maybe that would help? It seems I always have this problem around this time of year. weird.

anywho.. didn't get on here to complain.. just to say hi and get advice on the BIA. I am wanting one for Christmas too.. my wish list is getting so long!

happy halloween... BOO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #1603  
Mad Swapper

oh and.. I believe the Serif Alpha is on my Sellabration list now.. can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #1604  
Stazon Splitcoast

I asked my friend about the pink one, 'cause the buzz was that it was SO much better. She said at CHA, the buzz was that the pink color was just an excuse to increase the price. LOL

So if you already have a blue one, you don't need a pink one. But if you love the pink, it will cut a slightly thicker material. My blue one cuts med weight coasters covered with cs or DSP, as well as CDs. So I'm not sure what else I would need to punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #1605  
Crimping Master

Hi Girls,
I'm here to help with the BIA enabling! I made convention journals for some friends and then I have made little books, etc. It's so easy and I love it! I'm with Amy on the pink vs blue. My blue one does everything I've wanted it to.

Happy Halloween! After we go to the neighborhood trunk or treat, my DH and I are hiding in the basement with pizza, a scary movie and popcorn tonight. I hope all of you have fun!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #1606  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it's time to start drinking.....lol....

Just got back from the Halloween parade at Jack's school. It was fun. I lost Drew though....he found Jack and went back into the school with him and I wasn't allowed back in until the parade was over. Thank goodness Jack's teacher is so mellow - she didn't care!

Drew can't wait to Trick or Treat! He's driving me crazy! We have to wait until 6 o'clock. (OK, I wrote that because he's reading everything I write!)

My parents are due in soon....

I got invited to a party tonight!! My friend and neighbor who I went out with this week snagged me at school....she's having an impromptu adult party tonight after trick or treat. And my parents are in town, so I can go!!!! She's got a case of wine, her beer brewing friend is bringing his beer (that's actually his real job - he brews beer for a brew pub!), and she already bought party trays!! I can't wait!!! I get to go out and be an adult tonight!!

Have a great Halloween everyone!! Off to make Lisa's pumpkin bars!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #1607  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi All - so I have had a busy day so far and only half of my list done! I got a great buy on a camera and bought myself the new G1 (wicked cool BTW) and then I got home to force myself to leave the toys on the table and finish with the list and wouldn't you know it the mail is here with all of your BEAUTIFUL, GREAT, AWESOME SUPER CUTE SWAPS!!!

I have to get with it now or DH will think I slacked off all day LOL. I did at least go have lunch with him before running my errands.

Off to my pumpkin bars now too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 PM   #1608  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jen, Have fun at the party!

Paula - glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Liz - DH has the same problem every fall. Hope you are feeling better soon!SAB! I am not sure I can wait for SAB...

Amy - you really are a goddess *smak*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #1609  
Hardware Hotshot

YOU HAVE ALL MADE MY DAY!

My swaps arrived and they are just amazing! Thank you! Thank you! I think I might actually survive through this day after all. (There was doubt just a few minutes ago.)

And my DH thinks I am nuts because when I saw the envelop, I jumped up and down for joy!

Lisa- Sounds like you are having a great day.

Jen-Good for you doing something fun for yourself like that. Have a great time and remember Amy's talk

Liz- Bummer about the sinus/headache. Hope you feel better soon.

Amy- We all bow to your crafting-tool knowledge.

Missi- Sounds like a wonderful Halloween night plan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #1610  
Stampin' Fool

Happy Halloween everyone! Being at least an hour behind you all, my school day hasn't ended yet.

I just finished a four hour shift at the school (I run the 'Publishing House') and then took my youngest DS out to lunch, went back and got him in his costume for the parade. Took pictures and decided to come home to work on my SLC 2008 Convention Album. I am trying to get it all organized for a scrapbook retreat I am going to in November. I keep getting side tracked.

Jen: It is normal to fill in a customs form. For some reason the lady at the post office said I didn't require it when I mailed mine to you. She just asked if it was paper product and if there were any CDs in it. When I said there were no CDs, she said fine. For the custom form you just say its a gift and I give it no value over $5 or else they might make you pay duty on your end or duty and taxes on my end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 PM   #1611  
Mad Swapper

Jen - Hope you had fun at the party! It's great your parents are in town!

tonight was my daughter's first time trick-or-treating and she loved it! We had beautiful weather (70 degrees and sunny when the evening began, cooled off a little after dark, but no jackets needed) and that was awesome! Every house my daughter went to she kept asking for more candy, it was so funny and since she was so adorable, they just gave it to her! One house she actually did a little dance and bowed after they gave her the candy! It was so much fun

Oh and my swaps arrived today! You guys out did yourselves, as usual! Very beautiful! I was going to use some of them for my Christmas cards, but I don't think I can give them away!! You all are awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #1612  
Mad Swapper

Amy, thanks for the suggestions! Those are great, I might need to rethink and use more than one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #1613  
Mad Swapper

fantastic swaps ladies! thanks for them! I am rethinking a few of my stamp-a-stack cards based on the swaps.. so many cute things!

head is feeling better! hope it stays that way.

not a lot of kids for treats this year.. less than 40 I think. fun anyway! It's fun to hang outside and catch up with neighbors. I love our neighborhood. It was so beautiful here today 70 degrees.. just gorgeous. I hope this holds out for tomorrow afternoon. I have to finish getting the yard cleaned up from the plants, annuals, leaves, etc..

fun for me tomorrow. my 2 time up upline is having our quarterly meeting.. always a good time and lots of fun stamping. it's really stamping inspirational to go to these meetings because some of my sidelines are so successful and it's fun to celebrate their achievements.

anywho.. i've babbled enough.

oh one more thing.. are you all on facebook? I am officially addicted to it now. I am loving catching up with my high school friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #1614  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Well, we ran out of candy at about 7:30. I had to break into my stamp room stash of nuggets and peppermint patties to take care of the last few kids! I turned off the lights and it just started POURING rain. It's slowed down some, but still raining. I can't remember the last time it RAINED during Trick-or-Treat! We didn't have too many teenagers tonight and most of them came with little kids, which is fine. I've been doing laundry all day and am ready to call it a night! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #1615  
Hardware Hotshot

We had about 140 Trick or Treaters I'm guessing. Really nice weather here for halloween. It was probably in the high 60's today. For the first time I can remember, we didn't have to wear our heavy coats to go out. And it's always good when it isn't snowing here.

We too have lots of yard work to do tomorrow. But I also have a Card Buffet tomorrow night on the road. I am hoping it's a huge success since so far, hardly anyone has signed up for the one here at my house next weekend. The hostess is getting me final numbers in the morning but last time I talked to her, she had 10 signed up and thought she might have to move it to a bigger place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #1616  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I have a stamp club hostess horror story, a confession of stupidity, and I need sympathy!

My hostess club was supposed to meet Tues night 7 pm. Two girls couldn't make it then, so they came at 3 pm. Ok, but still, extra work, right? Oh, and one of those said she would email me her order late that night/early the next am. We talked about it specifically.

Then another gal called and said her son just informed her of his band concert *that night*! So after we wiggled both our schedules around, we came up with Wed late afternoon, right before my girls' concert.

Anyway, so there were only two at club, one of which was the hostess. She ordered the Big Shot, which is a big YAY! And she and I both thought I had her debit card info saved at SU, so no prob, she'll pick the rest of her hostess stuff based on what the last 2 orders were the next day, right?

But then it's *Thursday* and I still don't have the earlybird girl's order. <sigh> I try calling, emailing, eventually have to email her best friend (also in the club) and beg for help. Finally get an order while I'm out grocery shopping.

THEN, I email the hostess, tell her the total, tell her we *really* need to get the order placed. Hear nothing. So I call her at work, which I normally wouldn't do, but I'm getting desperate. She says, "Can I call you back tonite after work?" I say sure. No call

Email her this am, 'cause one of the orders has a Birthday Promo set on it. Gotta get it placed. No response. Email again at 4, tell her I'm just going to place it at 9 if I don't hear from her, and I'll just guess at what she wants. Nothing.

Call her cell at 9, "Oh, can I call you tomorrow? We're trick or treating." Umm, her youngest child is almost 18. No, you can't call me tomorrow, tell me which other die you want for hostess. So we get that straightened out.

I do the whole order, and discover I don't have her debit card info. Carp. Try to call, she has turned her cell off. Leave a message. A DESPERATE message. Really don't wanna front over $150 bucks. Still no response, so I place the order.

I'm in the midst of sending her a Paypal invoice (cause I pay with a Paypal debit card out of my stamp profits), when I realize I entered the WRONG snowflake die number! I ordered her the sizzlits instead of the big snowflake. Aaarrrgghhhh! That would explain why I used up her hostess $$ without getting her the dimensionals I thought I was putting on there.

I don't know if I'll luck out and get a ds agent that will change it for me or not. Probably not. I am frustrated that this was so much work. Last month was easy peasy.

Did I mention I have had asthma for so long that I think I am dying of it???? <not really, just coughing myself to death> So by this time of night, I was exhausted and didn't catch my own stupid error. I am so frustrated. If I had been able to do this during the daylight, when lungs work better, I know I wouldn't have made that mistake.

Humph. So I am mad at her, and I am mad at me. And now I'm going to stew about this all weekend. Or maybe if SU won't let me change it, I'll just pretend I thought that was what she wanted! LOL

Last edited by amysings; 10-31-2008 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:49 AM   #1617  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Am ladies... (yes I'm up at 6:30am) I AM SOOO tired so why aren't I sleeping right?? GOOD question!... my brain is racing as I only have less then a week to finish my 2 last swaps and I know what I am doing for one of them the other I know what stamp set but not what card!! lol..
Yesterday was a FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day had to leave my house at 11:30 am so I could get to the school/church by 1:30, I don't drive.. (YES GO AHEAD AND GASP lol) so I needed to take 2 buses... I left a bit ealier for the 12:07 bus so I could take some pics of my Sassy and we got early so we were by a pond and enjoyed the ducks and geese... then we got to church and I usually listen to mass from the baby room couldn't yesterday and so my Sassy was in TRUE FORM!! AHHHHHH... and did I mention it mass was right around Nap time.. oh yeah.. I was soo about to scream and pull my hair out! lol... BUT IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING they were sooooooo cute! Kindgarten got dressed up as Saints and my son was St. John Bosco . He was the first one to come down and was soooo good everyone was like thats your boy he's so good he stayed there so still
YEAH UNLIKE HIS SISTER! lol but then we waited for my oldest son and then we went home and had fun trick or treating but I was and AM POOPED.. BUT I GOT MY SWAPS too.. YOU GUYS ARE AMMMMAZING I LOVED IT!

Here are the pics from yesterday some are blurry because I kept moving to keep up w/Ms. Sassy! lol

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...auGbFi3asWLQNg

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #1618  
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like ya'll had a busy Halloween. DH and I don't "do" halloween so went out to Sonic for a burger and shopped a bit for nothing we needed, LOL. I did actually manage to pick up a couple of things on my list (baby gifts to send to Zimbabwe and toys for a county Santa's Helper group being collected next weekend at the all day crop I am going to).

Ellie - the kids are adorable!

Amy dear, I am so sorry you had such a tough time with that club order {hugs}. Hopefully DS can help you get it straightened out - maybe they will let you cancel it and re-enter it with the Oct promo codes...and I hope your asthma is better today. That can't be much fun.

Paula, have fun with the yard work - it has been really nice this fall here too. Not sure what that means is in store for us, but we are enjoying it now anyway. We did get a little yard work done yesterday ourselves. I hope your card buffet is grand.

Liz - I love my upline meetings too. I get inspired with that group and all they have achieved. No facebook here...never even been there, or myspace or any of those.

Lisa - well at least it waited to rain

Erin - I hope your swaps arrive soon - they are fabulous. I know mail takes longer to get to you from this side. Good for you working on your convention album...who knows when I will get to mine. I am working on Alaska from July 2004!

Jen - so, how was the party? Do you like the pumpkin bars? I made them yesterday for my class today and DH wanted to eat half the pan! Hope you have a great visit with you folks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #1619  
Mad Swapper

Just a reminder:

Today is the last day to sign up for the Secret Elf swap!!!

Don't forget!!!

$20 gift package - 12 little gifts
send a wish list in your PM to me or Jen
send your addy, email, scs name, etc.

Come on and join the fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #1620  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, quiet day today. I have no new email and no chatter here in 6 hours. Hope that means you are all outside enjoying the day.

My class went good. A few small orders, but I never expect much out of a class for fee. Good interest in Decembers class, especially the Jingle block. I ended up with only 5 of 6 showing, but being the other one is a friend I told her to call me to arrange another time and we can just hang while she does hers. She is newly pregnant and is discovering she cannot plan such a full day anymore. I told her now she will be able to "really" relate to her patients (she is an OBGYN)!

I ended up with an unplanned overnight guest as well...my sister called this morning and asked if we could "board" the dog overnight. They had made plans and forgot about poor Rocky! So for the rest of the day I have a golden retriever for company. DH won't appreciate it much, he has (minor) allergies, but it's only one night and if I keep him to the tile floors it's not so bad. He is such a good dog and since DH is not home, I made the decision to say yes.

Now maybe I will take Rocky for a walk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #1621  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hi all!

Ellie-they are super cute!

Amy-sorry about your troubles and asthma...feel better soon! (I think I read on here last month that DS was able to fix it for a demo in almost the exact same situation.)

No facebook here Liz..sorry...

Have fun walking the dog Lisa! Glad your class went well...and of course they're interested in the block---it is too cool!

I finished my cards for church...woohootie! Bagging them up now and hoping to do some fun stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #1622  
Mad Swapper

Amy - *HUGS* I'm sorry about your club order. That has to be so frustrating. I hope it gets worked out with little fuss!!

Ellie - Your kids are adorable! I always find it hard to sleep when I have a lot to do, it is like your mind won't let you sleep!

Lisa - sounds like you had a nice evening with your hubby!

I took my DD to Kohls this morning to get some winter boots and ended up getting $150 worth of stuff for $70!!! I got her a cute pair of winter boots, hat and gloves and her Christmas dress which is so adorable!!!! I also got me a pair of winter boots. I love Kohls and they just built one in our town, so it is less than 5 minutes away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #1623  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Just popping in to say HOWDY. I have a 6x6 swap that I *MUST* get mailed on Monday (just started it last night) and the idea I have in my head is SO NOT working on paper. Ugh. So I figured I'd step AWAY from the stamp table and clear my brain. Or something. LOL! Gonna go peek at the gallery and see if anything inspires me.... Was hoping to get my swaps in the mail today, but no such luck. Sigh.... LOL!

Amy - sorry about the hostess/order nightmare.... bleh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #1624  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick hello to my friends...

We had a busy day today. First, my parents took the kids shopping so I could finish my cleaning - the linen closet is done - 2 garbage bags full went out! My parents love to go shopping while they are here, since it's tax free here in NH.
Then we had a Halloween party at my friend's house. Ton of fun! The kids were mostly good - so many people were there. We did the donut drop and the kids had to eat it with no hands. They were very motivated! Then, they did a parade down the cul-de-sac. My friend's husband led them. It was so funny - he had on a long black hair wig - a shirt that looked like tatoos, etc. And we're like - how horrible is this? Our kids are just going with him, no quetions asked!! LOL!!

Now, my dad and I are making tapas, so we'll be eating late. Got a late start. Dad is making chorizo in white wine and a tortilla Espanola and I'm in charge of the bread and the potatas bravas. Yummy! I can't wait!!

I'm looking forward to the extra hour of sleep tonight, as I didn't sleep well last night. Mom has the temp way up and I'm not used to it.

So, hope all my buddies are doing well and I'll try to pop on tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is the Model Train show here in town and then hopefully relaxing before the lawyer on Mon......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #1625  
Mad Swapper

Hi Jen! Your dinner sounds fabulous! Enjoy the time with your parents.

Lisa - hope you found some inspiration for your swaps!

I've been working on lists of what I want to make for Christmas gifts this year and making lists of what I need to order to get them done. I keep changing my mind. there are so many cool things out there. But you can bet that I will be using my BIA!

I guess I'm off to sleep now, my eyes are burning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #1626  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 05:25 AM   #1627  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls,

I'm feeling very overwhelmed and anxious with everything today. Tomorrow we have a lawyer meeting. I'm trying to leave it in God's hands, but not too successful lately.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #1628  
Kookie Creator

Hi everyone! Still been down quite sick but wanted to thank you all for your awesome swaps! I love getting mail that I smile as I open it! Wondering if any of you mind if I put a few photos of them on my blog? PM me if you prefer I don't.

Jen - take care and maybe do something to distract you today - like stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #1629  
Mad Swapper

Jen, I hope you are able to enjoy today as best you can. I know there is really nothing to say that will make it all better (I sure wish there was) but just know you have friends out here rooting for you!

What was that quote Paula posted the other day? If God leads you to something, he will lead you through it. (I'm sorry if I mis-quoted, I can't remember exactly what it was) I thought that was very true.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #1630  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had a great weekend with our college friends since wedding always bring people together. I thought it was great that I got two pics of Con and I that I can use for my own scrapbooking. Anyhow, the color photo is from the Hawaiian themed rehearsal dinner on Friday and the closeup is from the wedding.

I ended up buying a skirt I thought was black and brown. When we were in the car, I asked DH if he thought it was okay to match gold with the brown in the skirt. He says "Well, you are wearing black instead of brown" and I look down and realize that I completely clash. I even bought SHOES to go with the skirt.... Anyhow, can't see it in that photo but most of mine are black and white now.

Off to work on the calendar layouts...
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-conlyn-stacy.jpg   Swappers Anonymous-conlyn-stacy-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #1631  
Polyshrink Goddess

And thank you for the swaps - I didn't get the mail until today and it was a great package to find in the mailbox!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #1632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great photos! I love the black and white one...you guys look fabulous!! In both photos, of course, but there's something about black and white that makes it look so classic. I'm sure looked fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #1633  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, cyber hugs girl! Just take it one day at a time.

*amy, you have my blessing to share my swaps on yourblog...that goes to all.

Typing this from my phone-how cool is that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #1634  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your words of comfort and prayers, I'm sure. I can feel it when I'm prayed for. I really can. I get this feeling of calmness that comes over me. And at weird times - like not when you'd expect.

We went to church this a.m. and that was good. Jack is learning the prayers, so he was able to participate a little, while Drew was rolling under the pews. It was so funny. Drew brought a squishy ball to church and when we went to get Communion, he found some Holy Water and was playing with the ball in the water and waving it around and sprinkling everyone.

Then we went to the train show. It was huge. They set it up at the intermediate school. They had 2 gyms full of working displays that were soooo elaborate. Some pretty interesting characters there for sure. We rode on the outdoor trains too. They had 3 running on the same track around the parking lot. The group does such a good job and it's free - donations accepted, so we always give a good donation.

Then we all took much needed naps.

My parents have decided to stay through Election Day (they voted via absentee ballot) and go home on Weds. My father wants to go to this dumpy fish house in town. The food is quite good - senior specials and lots of fried fish, but we always get easy lobster or lobster rolls. The place looks like it's falling apart, but is a landmark. I've found that those hole in the wall places often have the best food.

So, tomorrow's the big day and hopefully we will be just about done with this and the future decided. I just cannot wait until it's over and I can stress about other things.......like swaps!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

I haven't stamped, but my dad is going to put together a cabinet I bought at Ikea so I can get organized. My plan is to make a SUO/stamping area in the huge closet I have. All the stamps migrate to my bedroom since I like to stamp while the news or shows are on in the background. So, I figure if I set up the stuff in there, my room will stay cleaner, I'll be better organized and I'll get more stamping time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #1635  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

Your pumpkin bars were a huge hit!! They were so delicious!! I even made cream cheese frosting from scratch. I brought them to the Friday night adult party I went to and the adult/kid party on Saturday. They were devoured!! I'm just wondering if I can cut down on the fat/oil in them, but they were sooo moist. I wonder if I can sub. some applesauce??? Even my kids liked them. Thanks for the recipe!! It will go into the rotation for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #1636  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy - I hope you feel better soon!! It's not the flu is it?

Crissy - I got your PM and have been so distracted this weekend. Let's touch base tomorrow evening and then we can draw everyone's names and get going....I do have a bunch of PM's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #1637  
Hardware Hotshot

Just popping in to say Hi!

Jen- Good luck tomorrow. I will be praying for you. How nice to have your parents around for a few days to help you through this stressful time.

Amy- Sorry about the hostess club mess. I hate it when that happens.

Lisa- Sounds like you have some fun new toys! Enjoy. How cool that you can check in on SA from wherever you are.

*Amy- Can't believe you are still sick friend. Get better soon.

Crissy- I was quoting Angie when I said it but you got it right. It's my mantra for life right now.

Stacy- Love the pictures. It's so rare when my DH and I are in a picture together. I once had some socks that I thought where gray, it was only when I wore them to work with blue pants that I discovered they were green. Oops.

I'll check in later. My boys want to play a game. We've never done that with Spencer before. We'll have to see how it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #1638  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Lisa,

Your pumpkin bars were a huge hit!! They were so delicious!! I even made cream cheese frosting from scratch. I brought them to the Friday night adult party I went to and the adult/kid party on Saturday. They were devoured!! I'm just wondering if I can cut down on the fat/oil in them, but they were sooo moist. I wonder if I can sub. some applesauce??? Even my kids liked them. Thanks for the recipe!! It will go into the rotation for sure!
Glad they were a hit. DH loves them and wishes I would make them more, but twice each fall is enough and keeps it a "treat". And, yes you can use applesauce...not sure what the substitution ratio is, but I think I have even done it before...check a cookbook or google it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #1639  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I am losing my mind...I KNOW I have at least 4 stamp sets (L1 sets) that I put aside for breaking up or gifting...now I am looking for them and cannot find them anywhere!!! Where would I have put them??? Sheesh, they are not with "my" stamps...Argh - time to get a glass of wine and then re-enter the room - they are probably in plain sight for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #1640  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Evening!

WOW what a lloonnnnnnnnnng day.. I had a class
today which I taught at 12:30 till 2:30 I had pre-cut everything and only needed to have them stamp and paste because I had to go today to the Cemetry for a All Souls Day mass at 3:00 but everyone took their time setting stuff and I didn't get to mass until almost 3:30 so I only heard 1/2 the mass and MY GOODNESS was it cold this afternoon.
I have to finish up my swap I said by Tues. thats it cause I want to pack and be ready so I don't stress out worrying about packing my "stamping" stuff as well as my going way stuff.. so I want that done so I can work on my reg. stuff you would think I'm leaving for a week when its really for 2 1/2 days! lol..
right now I'm at my MIL's house finishing up some clothes hopefully I will get them all dry in the next hr. or so as I have to get home and make lunch for my boys and get everything ready for another week.. OH I SOO am missing my bed right now! lol

HUGS to everyone

-Ellie
Amy sorry about your Hostess mess
Stacy I'm wishing I get some new pics w/my hubby this weekend cause I hardly take any pics.. maybe like once or twice ever 2 years! lol and I'll only get 1 or 2 pics! if I'm lucky

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes