Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 AM   #1561  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACK!

I have soo much to do today!!

So, this a.m. I've made Drew's treat bags for school and the teachers. Drew stamped a tag with Booglie Eyes and a Trick or Treat MS stamp. Then I made the 4 teachers Frankie boxes with Reese's PB cups in them and a couple of PP spiders.

Remainder of day:

- finish Drew's costume
- make Jack's treat bags for kids in his class
- clean guest room for my parents (cannot even walk in there since I decided to clean sweep that room and haven't had time to finish.)
- get x-ray of my ankle
- clean downstairs of house
- help Jack finish a school project
- help Jack stamp his tags for gift bags

I know I'm missing something, but I can't think of what!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #1562  
Pearl-ExPert

My gosh Jen.. and I thought I was busy! LOL...

I just have to put order back into my living room.. and I'm the one who messed it all up! lol I have swaps all over the place BUT I only have to work on 2 more swaps! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GO ME GO ME.. YEAHHH BABBBEEEE.. I said I wouldn't do any more until after I get back from Reg. cause well I have no time I need to get everything ready cause I'm leaving next Friday! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH soooo excited.. We are driving to VA from NY.. and its only my DH and me!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH we NEVER get us time so this is soo awesome.. AND I will be celebrating my Bday (as my bday is the 14th) so I can't wait.. :P

I want to find one of those shirts that says.. GOT STAMPS... hmm I'm off to do that and THEN I will clean...YUCK! lol

HUGS to everyone!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #1563  
Crimping Master

Sounds like a busy day Jen! Good luck getting everything done I hope your ankle isn't anything serious.
Take care!
Missi

Last edited by mischief732; 10-30-2008 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: poor spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #1564  
Crimping Master

Go Ellie! Good luck getting yoru swaps finished and your living room cleaned
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #1565  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hopefully not!!! I broke it last December - a week before Christmas - this is still a follow up. I was suppossed to get it done back in July, but never went...bad...I know...I was afraid he was going to tell me that I couldn't do my race that I did!! LOL!! I'm sure it's fine.....but I'll let you know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #1566  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, my SA friends! My customers have been *crazy* about all your swaps! Thanks so much.

I'm still hunting down one last stamp club order. ugh

Yesterday, I had lunch with my upline, and that was fun. She was at that training in SLC, so I asked her, very carefully LOL (since they signed a non-disclosure agreement), about the Naturally Serif alpha. I said (can you tell my dad was a politician???), "If you were me, would you buy the Naturally Serif alpha NOW, or wait till something better comes out in the next release, like a SU exclusive alpha?"

She said buy it now. LOL So there's your answer! Well, at least, there is MY answer. And probably Lisa's.

Then yesterday afternoon I met with one last stamp club member, because she hadn't been able to make the club.

After that, last night was the high school choir concert, and my two beautiful daughters had solos! It was so great to see both their names listed "specially" on the program. <sigh of motherly pride> They did really, really great, and I was so happy I cried. I can't believe they are so grown up. I used to dress them in matching pink dresses with matching handmade hairbows.

Hope you're all staying well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #1567  
Hardware Hotshot

Ah. My boys are finally playing nice together upstairs. It's been quite a challenge the past 24 hours or so as there is almost always a constant fight between the two of them. Spencer likes to play aggressively, tackling, etc. A.J. plays mostly with girls so he is just not used to any of that. And Spencer is is the testing phase right now, seeing what he can get away with. Or maybe he thinks if he behaves badly enough, we'll take him back. I hate giving him time outs when he has only been here a few days, but I feel like I have to nip the hitting and biting in the bud now.

Good luck to you all with busy days.

I intended to mail halloween cards out to my nieces and nephews etc. Maybe I can send them today and they will only be a day or so late?

My love to you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #1568  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo Hoo!! Completely healed!! I just got the OK to do whatever I want!! Run, clip in on my bike, yoga, etc.!!!
At least I got some good news today, because STBX is making me very angry!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #1569  
Mad Swapper

just checking in and saying hello to you all!

got over whatever was bothering me yesterday.. and just booked my flight for another trip. I'm tired just thinking about next month.

Paula- stay strong! it's hard to reprimand him, but it will be best for all in the end.

Jen- Woo hoo on the ankle.. good luck getting that list done!

Amy- I bet your girls were so cute all dressed up matchy matchy..

have a great day all!
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #1570  
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah Jen! That is great news.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Liz.

Amy, so cool about your daughters.

There is a concert at the school tonight that all the kids are suppose to sing in. Am I bad if we just skip it? The hardest time of the day for us so far is from about 7:00 p.m. on, right when the concert starts.

Ellie- glad you and your DH get to go to regionals together. How wonderful. And glad to hear that your DS had a virus instead of an allergic reaction. Allergies are pretty much a life long sentence, a virus gets better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #1571  
Mad Swapper

Good Afternoon!

Yay Jen! So glad your foot is healed! Hope you are able to get everything done!

Ellie- Sounds like you are going to have a fun trip, as long as you get your swaps done!

Liz - Glad you are feeling better!

Amy - You are one proud momma! I bet the concert was great!

Paula - I agree nipping it in the bud now will be way better for both of you! And under the circumstances, I don't think it is bad if you skip the concert. This is a big adjustment for everyone and it has only been a few days, I think you should do what your heart tells you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #1572  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

WTG Amy's daughters with the singing! Woohootie! (are you warning me about my girls in a few years....I have matching dresses being made for them for Christmas )

Glad you're feeling better Liz....you get a bit of touristy/fun stuff in next trip though don't you?

Have fun with your ~new~ ankle Jen!

I'd skip the singing Paula....take the time for your family right now...there will be many other opportunities....sorry about your tough mom discipline too....I agree though....don't want AJ to start testing because of Spencer's behavior or anything.

Great job on your swap progress Ellie!

Waving at Crissy, Lisa and Pamela....did I miss anyone? Have a great afternoon everyone!

I'm still putting my church cards together....yesterday was busy so I didn't accomplish much. (I admit I did a sketch challenge card instead with the bit of free time I had.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #1573  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I've been cleaning the guest room....it still looks terrible, but I think the end is in sight, hopefully I can finish tomorrow am. You should see all the stuff I found in the closet!! I'm afraid to tell you hoarders how many 12 X 12 albums I have stored in there....and I found like 15 picture frames too! Geesh, no wonder that closet was a mess! Off to do homework!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #1574  
Stazon Splitcoast

btw, not ignoring anyone, just trying really hard to stay off the computer today!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #1575  
Kookie Creator

Been MIA due to a full blown head cold! I haven't finished our Halloween costumes and probably won't this year. I'm so sad as this has been such a fun tradition for us. I'm so sad.

Can't wait to get everyone's swaps. Need a little boost to my Dayquil/Nightquil rotation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #1576  
Hardware Hotshot

(((hugs))) *Amy. Hope you are better soon. What a bummer on the costumes. Can you come up with something else easy from what you have on hand?

I also forgot to wave hi to Pamela earlier. I love it when you have time to check in with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #1577  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy: That's great that your daughters had solos! How exciting! They must get it from you!

Amy: Sorry you are sick - hope the SA swaps get there soon to cheer you up!

Ellie: Hope the living room is clean now and good progress was made on swaps! Have fun with DH - I am sooooo jealous!! Wish I had one of those!! LOL!!

Paula: So glad to hear that the boys are adjusting. It's going to be up and down for awhile, but you already know that. BTW, my younger one is the rough and tumble one and Jack is the calm player - it does create some, ahem, interesting challenges!

Liz: I love the idea of traveling as much as you do, but know that it's such hard work! Glad you're feeling better. Traveling always throws me for a loop.

Waving hello to everyone else as I wade through me to do list!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #1578  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tomorrow's the last day to sign up for the Secret Elf swap!!!

Don't forget!!!

$20 gift package - 12 little gifts
send a wish list in your PM to me or Crissy
send your addy, email, scs name, etc.

Come on and join the fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #1579  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Tomorrow's the last day to sign up for the Secret Elf swap!!!

Don't forget!!!

$20 gift package - 12 little gifts
send a wish list in your PM to me or Crissy
send your addy, email, scs name, etc.

Come on and join the fun!!!
Do we ask our Elflet to open one a day (label them 1-12?) or how does that part work?

(Oh, and you should already have my info...just verifying)

OT_

I'm considering sending all different Christmas cards that I've already made (or others have made ) to my family and friends this year rather than making all new to match my girls' Christmas dresses....am I a bad stamper?

Last edited by rhondag; 10-30-2008 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #1580  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
I'm considering sending all different Christmas cards that I've already made (or others have made ) to my family and friends this year rather than making all new to match my girls' Christmas dresses....am I a bad stamper?
Horrible! How could you even consider it!

Totally kidding! If I decide to do Christmas cards this year, it will definitely be ones from classes, swaps and all other kinds of misc cards. Right now I am thinking of doing Spencer Announcement around Thanksgiving instead. I will still need some to send to my customers though so that is where the swaps might come in handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #1581  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, you will label your gifts 1 -12!! What fun!!! I cannot wait!! I've already made a list of what I'm doing for my secret elfette!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #1582  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rhonda--first I'd like to confess that I bought most of my Christmas cards last year. I made about 15, for the people I thought would care/notice, and the rest were a lovely card from Sam's Club. LOL It was really nice to give myself permission to do that! I may do it again. I like Paula's idea of sending Christmas swaps out to customers!

Jen--so glad your ankle is all the way better! What a relief! Now you can kick "somebody" in the arse.

Paula--good luck. Give yourself permission to say no to things, my dear. My younger son is by far more aggressive than my older son (they are 4 and 7). It does cause some conflicts, but it also means the older one is a good example. Life is never quiet once you have two boys, IMO.

*Amy--hope you get feeling better! I'm sorry you're disappointed about costumes!

Pamela--love you! So glad you can check in!

We're supposed to have a storm tonite/tomorrow that will clear out our particulate inversion, so I am hoping to be able to take a deep breath for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Gotta love asthma.

I am really looking forward to the secret elf swap! Can't wait! But I don't have anything planned yet. LOL

Thanks so much to all of you for letting me be a part of all your lives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #1583  
Pearl-ExPert

Rhonda--Last year I used all my Christmas swaps and leftovers from my SAS classes and then made a few for those special people in my life. I may have a harder time using all the great SA swaps though (can't wait to see them!).

Jen--so glad your ankle is all the way better! What a relief! Now you can kick "somebody" in the arse.

Paula--Stay home and adjust to being a family. I am sure Spencer will test the waters until he is comfortable you are going to keep him anyway Not that I am a mom, but I have seen that kids really do want to know what the boundries are and that they are loved. Sounds like you are doing great! Still praying for you!

*Amy--hope you get feeling better! I'm sorry you're disappointed about costumes!

Pamela--Glad you popped in to say hello!

Liz: Traveling can take a lot out of me. I do so enjoy it though. Glad you're feeling better.

Ellie- Sounds like you are going to have an awesome trip.

Amy - You have every right to be a proud momma!

So DH bought the snowmobile last night. Then he comes home feeling all guilty that he has these two new "toys" in the last two weeks that cost quite a bit...he asked what "toy" I would like (to even things out!)...LOL. I told him Hawaii, or diamonds will always work fine I think after reading Amy's post, I will end up with the Serif Alphabet for my BS, but that is no where near the several thousand he just spent. Gonna set some $ aside from his guilt for the new catalog and Sellabration. He also suggested a G1 from Tmobile for me, what a gadget that is! I could submit my orders right from my phone at any workshop (that makes it a business write off doesn't it...hmmm). I also want a new pocket camera...I think I am forming a list, LOL!!!

All done with the dentist now, yea! And I talked him into donating toothbrushes for my mission trip.

Now that my mouth is thawed out, time for some supper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #1584  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the enabling girls! Actually, it will be for NOT buying (more cs to make more cards) instead of buying.

And yes, there are some made with new stamp sets that I will keep for examples, but I have a ton from Convention with Deer Friends that are too beautiful to donate (I'm bad!), and we'll be getting new hostess sets in January.

And feel better soon *Amy!!....Sorry about your costumes too!---sorry I missed you in my Elf excitement...please forgive me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #1585  
Mad Swapper

Bind it All

If you have it - use it!

If you ordered one - I can't wait for you to get it and use it.

If you have one - why didn't you tell me about this sooner?!

I was a little intimindated at first but it was so easy to use! I made this cute little notebook for my friend's birthday. I will post it on my blog next week after I give it to her.

Are we passing viruses around again girls? My DD has a bad cold, with a fever and I'm started to get a sore throat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #1586  
Pearl-ExPert

okay Crissy, now I have to open the box! It came on Tuesday but I have not touched it...yet...I do have all day tomorrow...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #1587  
Mad Swapper

Hello, Hello!!!
It's such a shock to the system to be behind here. Can't believe it's been this long without posting.

I'm still here in MO. I love being with my DD and the kids - but there is just so much that I still want to do for her before I leave on Monday. It's like trying to run thru water! So tired from sleepless nights, and trying to keep up with the kids all day. I remember those days as a young mother - and am SO GLAD that at 50 I don't have to do it again!

My DD's eyes are getting better every day. We went back for another check up this week and the surgeon agreed to keep the surgery date of Nov. 10th to take care of her left eye. He really wanted her to wait for a couple more weeks, but understood that my DH has scheduled time off to come, and finally realized that DD is really blind until she gets that cataract out of her left eye!

I know I need to PM someone about the 12 days thing, but don't remember who right now. Could someone please PM me so I can sign up?

I miss chatting with y'all - sounds like everyone is still busy. I'll be able to catch up more with everyone next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-grandma-boys.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #1588  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Kathy! <waving> Glad things are going well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 04:11 AM   #1589  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!

OK, my enabling friends, maybe I should put the BIA on my Christmas list?
How much is it?
Where is the best place to purchase it?
We don't have Hobby Lobby out here - only JoAnn, Mikes and ACM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 04:33 AM   #1590  
Matboard Maniac

Hey all by SA buddies! Glad to be back in NC...got lots of stampin to do today for Hostess Appreciation this weekend and then finish the classes for Stamp Retreat Weekend in 2 weeks! So, I have to get off here and get busy!!

I did use my new baby BIA last night to put together the family cookbook for the Stamp Retreat class. It was SOOO easy! I even got it right on the 1st try, which is great! I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing any kind of journals or books...

I got mine at Archivers,and I know Hobby Lobby has them as well. But, if you don't have those stores, I would use Amy's online site in GA. Her price is cheaper than the store right now (unless you have a coupon!! )

Hope everyone is feeling better! Happy Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 04:37 AM   #1591  
Mad Swapper

I think this is the place Amy was talking about:

http://bonniesbest.com/bind-it-all.htm

I got mine at Hobby Lobby and the reg. price was $59.99 I think, so it came to around $36...not bad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM   #1592  
Matboard Maniac

Yes, that's it Crissy! I just ordered some more wires from there! Thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:02 AM   #1593  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ho, hi ho, enabling I go . . .

Tell Bonnie I sent you! She is so great! I think her BIA is on sale right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM   #1594  
Mad Swapper

I need some suggestions, I probably need to search the gallery, but I thought I would check here too!

for Christmas I am giving a friend of mine a 12x12 frame with a page in it to put a picture of her children. I am just going to do a matte for a picture and let her put a picture on it. What I am having a hard time with is thinking of a title. I would kind of like to do some chipboard letters or something accross the page. My first thought was "Our Children" Do you guys have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #1595  
Hardware Hotshot

Right now I am having a hard time even picturing myself spending anytime in my stamp room to give myself a chance to use my BIA. But I look forward to seeing more of your creations to motivate me.

Question for you ladies: I told someone (a friend of my former upline) I would do a countdown to Christmas calendar class for her church in a couple of weeks. I said I needed a minimum of 12 calendars to come do it (it's a least an hour from my house) and I needed a count and money by November 1. I got an email from her last night saying she had the count (10) and was ready to mail me a check.

Do I just forget that I said 12 was the minimum or do I hold her to it and give her another Sunday (this weekend) to get a couple of more sign ups and cancel on her if I don't get them?

You know I have a hard time saying no to anyone but I am feeling a bit emboldened since I said no to my Aunt and Cousin a few weeks back (which BTW turned out to be the completely right thing to do since we found out about Spencer the next day!)

To complicate things, my former upline needs to borrow my cricut for a project she is doing at the same class and I don't know if I feel comfortable sending it down if I am not there (since she has never used one before).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:32 AM   #1596  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered mine from Bonnie's site. I got a bundle...and it's still in the box it was delivered in...for now anyway. I must accomplish my task list before playing today, I have people coming over tomorrow for my class.

Must finish: laundry, dishes, vaccum, dust, the floors (kitchen/bath) which I hate doing!, run a couple errands (one is 35 miles away, so this is no quick task), make pumpkin bars and the cream cheese frosting Yum (although I have been craving brownies this week for some reason - and no I am not pregnant). It is really nice again today and I still need to finish pulling dead annuals in the garden and fill the bird feeders. I have my January class project that I really wanted to have done for tomorrow along with the flyer for it and I have not even started that yet. At least Decembers is done. I suppose showering before going out might be a good idea as well...

I decided on some toys to satisfy DH's guilt over his recent purchases...think I am going to get the G1 phone from T-Mobile and a new camera...and the alpha for my BS. I am so spoiled.

Happy Friday to All of you wonderful ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #1597  
Stazon Splitcoast

family
love
together
moments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #1598  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, we all posted at the same time! LOL

Paula--I think you're going to have to say "no" again. Especially with Spencer. And to re-suggest my strategy <grin>, is there someone else who could do it for her (with their own Cricut), if you send them the instructions?

"I don't know if you've heard our great news, but we currently have a new little Spencer! My schedule is just too full at this point to be able to accommodate your class. I am so sorry! I know Sandy Stamper has a Cricut--maybe she could help you out! Again, sorry I can't be of more help!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 AM   #1599  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Right now I am having a hard time even picturing myself spending anytime in my stamp room to give myself a chance to use my BIA. But I look forward to seeing more of your creations to motivate me.

Question for you ladies: I told someone (a friend of my former upline) I would do a countdown to Christmas calendar class for her church in a couple of weeks. I said I needed a minimum of 12 calendars to come do it (it's a least an hour from my house) and I needed a count and money by November 1. I got an email from her last night saying she had the count (10) and was ready to mail me a check.

Do I just forget that I said 12 was the minimum or do I hold her to it and give her another Sunday (this weekend) to get a couple of more sign ups and cancel on her if I don't get them?

You know I have a hard time saying no to anyone but I am feeling a bit emboldened since I said no to my Aunt and Cousin a few weeks back (which BTW turned out to be the completely right thing to do since we found out about Spencer the next day!)

To complicate things, my former upline needs to borrow my cricut for a project she is doing at the same class and I don't know if I feel comfortable sending it down if I am not there (since she has never used one before).

Paula, I am probably the wrong person to give you advice because I have a hard time saying no as well, but, if it really won't hurt you to wait another couple days just tell her you really need the 12 sign-ups like you originally told her and would be happy to give her a few extra days to get a couple more people signed up. This situation is kind of like handling a toddler, because if you give in this time and accept the 10, what happens if they want you to do another one and you set a limit, then it will be really hard for you to say no! Does that make sense?

Your time is valuable, so don't underchange yourself! <---this is good advice that I should follow sometime
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #1600  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula - I agree with Amy.
Reply With Quote Likes