Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 AM   #121  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crissy- I hope you feel better soon. What a bummer.

Stacy - Are you trying to stay with the in colors? I discovered Baja Breeze and Basic Gray (with or without the pink) this week. Love it! Tangerine and Pacific Point are a cheery combo good for a boys card. Kiwi and Saffron, Kiwi and Pumpkin. Am I helping at all?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Crissy, you must be REALLY SICK! Open those boxes, girl! That'll perk ya right up. Hope you get feeling better.

Yesterday my mom was here for 3 hours and then a local demo friend came by for another 3 to play with my pet Big Shot. It was a nice day, but I didn't get to STAMP! Today my oldest 2 went back to school, and we need to get started on homeschooling with the others. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #123  
Mad Swapper

Ah Chrissy! I hope you feel better! You must really be sick! get better! I will be in the Indianapolis area this weekend- Plainfield. Going down for a family get together. When I am down there, I always stop at Cord Camera- I LOVE their scrapbooking section.. so inspiring! but I WILL NOT purchase anything! or at least I better not... I gotta focus on SU only!

finally broke out the top note die last night and die my initial cuts on my BS... ah so lovely!

Paula- love the color combos you gave.. I hadn't thought of basic gray and baja together... sounds yummy !

What are you all stamping today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 08:15 AM   #124  
Crimping Master

Chrissy, hope you are feeling better soon!

Liz, I'm presenting stuff with scallops. Not spilling the beans here, though! And my BS swap will be Join in the Cheer. And I'll toss in the 20th Ann. embosslit sample with it.

Stamping? Today? I really need to put my house back together so I can punch scallops all weekend!

Trina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

IF I get to stamp today, it will be a little more work on Jami's new catty swap, and then I really want to get some Big Shot samples started for my Big Shot party next week. And I need to blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #126  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay - yesterday slight panic feeling...today I got it all figured out.

More new stuff showing up today for me...which I discovered is about 1 piece of everything I tried to do last night! So at least I will now have everything so I can finish my workshop prep tonight/tomorrow night.
I have my bag already started with business supplies and samples for display.
Tonight - taste test - then workshop prep
Tomorrow - Chirpractor, then workshop prep finish if needed.
Friday evening is making sure I have everything done for workshop, doing laundry, getting groceries and prepping food for camping the next week.
Saturday - go to workshop - come home and load camper -
Sunday - send off DH - enter workshop orders - prep stamping stuff to bring camping (supposed to rain one day at least) then maybe go to the State Fair...not too much fun alone - so maybe not...
Monday - work as fast as I can on payroll and whatever "needs" my attention - head for the campsite! Gone through Labor Day.

Whew!

Right now I need to find the cricket hiding in the office here and silence it, it is driving me crazy.

Happy stamping day ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #127  
Crimping Master

The blog....

I really need to change my siggy to Staci's...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #128  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepesmomView Post
Chrissy, hope you are feeling better soon!

Liz, I'm presenting stuff with scallops. Not spilling the beans here, though! And my BS swap will be Join in the Cheer. And I'll toss in the 20th Ann. embosslit sample with it.

Stamping? Today? I really need to put my house back together so I can punch scallops all weekend!

Trina
ooh.. scallops eh?.. well that's something else to look forward to at the meeting on the 30th!

I really need to update my blog.. but I am not happy with it right now so it has been sadly neglected. I just found out that one of my coworkers does graphic design.. so I am thinking I am going to have her create a blog site for me... hmmm.. maybe if my blog was as pretty as I want it to be I would update it more... just a theory. we'll see how it goes.

Lisa- enjoy your camping vacation. I haven't been camping in a long time. I do enjoy it when we get to go though. maybe in September.

There was a cricket in your office? there was one in my stamp room last week. My dog was trying to catch it and creating quite a ruckus on my stamping table. it was pretty funny actually! She would try to catch it with her paw and it would get away at the last second. what a crackup!

isn't there something lucky about crickets? I thought I heard that somewhere before.

OK.. back to work for me. have a good afternoon all!
L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #129  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
Ah Chrissy! I hope you feel better! You must really be sick! get better! I will be in the Indianapolis area this weekend- Plainfield. Going down for a family get together. When I am down there, I always stop at Cord Camera- I LOVE their scrapbooking section.. so inspiring! but I WILL NOT purchase anything! or at least I better not... I gotta focus on SU only!
It's funny you mention Cord Camera because I've only been to the one on the Southside of Indy and it is very small, no scrapbooking stuff at all and I always here about the other ones having scrapbooking stuff. Then just last week I was driving through Plainfield and saw Cord and though, hmmm, I should stop in there and then I thought better of it because I HAVE ENOUGH STUFF! and I had just spent the $$ on the big shot, etc. I'll save that for another time..maybe, like I need another place to shop. I really try to shop at a scrapbooking store in Mooresville, Indiana (if you are familiar with the area - it is about 45 minutes south of Indianapolis), the two sisters that own it are VERY nice and their prices are pretty good. Anyway, enough about that.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am feeling better, I'm thinking maybe it was only a 24 hour bug or something, my dd had a temp last night and she seems to be a little better today.

I unpacked my boxes! Yay. I love the Big Shot! I really only ran a couple things through, but I love it. My new catalog party is Saturday, so I cut the cardstock for one of my make & takes, still have to cut the other one. I want to make a few of the baskets and show case some of the big shot stuff too. Better get back to it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #130  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post
It's funny you mention Cord Camera because I've only been to the one on the Southside of Indy and it is very small, no scrapbooking stuff at all and I always here about the other ones having scrapbooking stuff. Then just last week I was driving through Plainfield and saw Cord and though, hmmm, I should stop in there and then I thought better of it because I HAVE ENOUGH STUFF! and I had just spent the $$ on the big shot, etc. I'll save that for another time..maybe, like I need another place to shop. I really try to shop at a scrapbooking store in Mooresville, Indiana (if you are familiar with the area - it is about 45 minutes south of Indianapolis), the two sisters that own it are VERY nice and their prices are pretty good. Anyway, enough about that.
I'll check out the Mooresville one sometime.. there is also I nice one in Nashville (where we go every fall to shop and whatnot) maybe we'll meet up someday when I am down there for lunch or something... i'll have to let you know when I am heading down again.

on another note.. I finally made a decision and put my order in for stampin start.. I went with flower fancy and the birthday sentiment set. I figured those would be a great combination for a stamp a stack and they'll get a lot of use that way!

now to continue my wishlist for my mini catalog order.. oh so many good things. i LOVE being a demo.

ahh.. later all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #131  
Hardware Hotshot

Anyone have any left over sheets of the Dashing DSP (last year's Christmas paper) they want to unload? That craft day at my upline's church has exploded to 30 people. I'm a little over whelmed actually. I had close to two packages left, so I thought I was going to be OK. Off to the BST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #132  
Mad Swapper

Hello all,
I've been MIA here for awhile - trying to get my head above water after convention. I think I am finally there! (Although my suitcase is still in my bedroom with all my swaps in it. I can't find a place for these until I clear out a closet for more craft stuff.)

I finally got an order in after my workshop last week and added my own goodies. It shipped today, but won't be here until Monday, so there's more waiting, waiting! I want new stamps to play with!

After a lot of debating, I decided not to buy the Big Shot, yet. I will get some dies when I do a pre-order for the Mini (and I LOVE EVERYTHING in this new mini!) but I have the cuttlebug and couldn't justify the BS purchase for my little group of 6 ladies. I know they won't buy the machine, but will enjoy playing with the stuff that cut out for them on my CB.

I am excited to do more swapping! Can't wait for my order to get here so I can get these done. I have contained myself to 3 do-able swaps. I love the swaps I got at convention! Can't wait to see what y'all have been up to.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Kathy! I've missed you!

I am still struggling to sort thru swaps--and yet I'm signed up for more. LOL From now on, only SA swaps and Jami's swap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #134  
Crimping Master

Paula,
I've got 4 sheets of Dashing left. I'm not sure if that's even enough to help. Let me know. When is your craft day? I'll be in Salt Lake on Saturday.
My new catty order came on Monday and I haven't had time to play Work has been busy this week and I've been home late everyday. Tonight I planned on relaxing and mounting my new sets, but my DH and my MIL guilted me into doing something with our apricots. So I just finished prepping and filling the dehydrator with them. I'm beginning to hate fruit.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #135  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Missi-

I think I've found a package on the BST. I need to actually figure out exactly how many sheets I need instead of just guessing. I will let you know if I still need more. You are very kind to offer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #136  
Kookie Creator

Paula

I loved that paper and so have 2 packages if you still need them. Are you just using one particular print? Let me know if your BST doesn't work out and I can send you some.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #137  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula, I think I have some left as well. Sounds like we have enough here for 30 more...

I made no progress last night on my workshop prep...okay, not entirely true...DH cut me a wood block for Inspired by Nature so I do not have to double mount it ~ and I am using this set for my workshop...so some progress was made toward that end. (slim, yes I know, but now I have no excuses)

Kathy - I totally understand about the BS - I recently purchased the CB and was torn about the purchase. I did get it, but have someone who will buy my CB.

Off to work now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I'm behind! Feel Better Chrissy!

Hey Kathy-hope you are doing well!

Not envying your to do list Lisa!

My swaps are on the agenda for today...I have to figure out a way to arrange them neatly before my Mystery Hostess night and day next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Staci--what kind of magnet did you use on your magnetic bookmark? I can't seem to find something that works. <sigh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #140  
Crimping Master

I should have been prepping for my club on Saturday or designing my card for the new catalog swap I signed up for, but instead, I've spent the last hour figuring out how Brent Steele made that bears arms wiggle. I finally got a pretty good one finished, but it still needs some fine tuning.
Paula, how big was the jar you used for the spider? Any tips on putting it on? I thought I'd try to get one put together to show my club. They're Halloween junkies
Amy, you might try Bazil magnet snaps. They're not as cheap as magnet tape, but they really hold together. I've found them at Roberts.
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

We don't have Roberts here, can you believe it? In eastern Idaho, but not Boise. LOL I think I've seen 'em at Archivers, but that's a dangerous store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #142  
Hardware Hotshot

Missi-

I used the smaller of the cookie jars you can get at Target or Walmart. I cut the spider and the spooky apart. I put the spider on one side first and then flipped it around and looked down through the glass to center the "spooky" with the spider on the other side. (Does that make sense?) After you put the spooky on you do have to take that little piece of web off of the jar (but it does help you center it so it is a good thing.) Then I used the other little pieces of web to run it up the top of lid of the jar like Linda Hansen did at convention. It was actually much easier than I thought it would be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 AM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

PS I did tape the pieces to the jar so it wouldn't slip while I applied it.

Also, I finished my GWTW Junkie swap last night and going to mail it today. One down, three to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #144  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
PS I did tape the pieces to the jar so it wouldn't slip while I applied it.

Also, I finished my GWTW Junkie swap last night and going to mail it today. One down, three to go.
I'm so jealous Paula...I haven't even designed any of my swaps yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #145  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
I'm so jealous Paula...I haven't even designed any of my swaps yet!
You can do it Rhonda. I also have a preliminary design for my SA swap. I haven't looked at it yet today to see if I still like it though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #146  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
We don't have Roberts here, can you believe it? In eastern Idaho, but not Boise. LOL I think I've seen 'em at Archivers, but that's a dangerous store!
Here's my secret for shopping at craft stores and not over spending: I wait until I have had most of a 44oz diet coke. I don't like to use public bathrooms, so I hurry through my shopping
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bwahahahaha! That's awesome.

Unfortunately, the restroom at Archiver's is quite nice. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #148  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, Got my workshop all prepped, skirted a heart attack yesterday when DH said he was going to leave Saturday a.m. instead of Sunday! He decided that was not a good idea, although I told him if that was really going to be the plan I could pull it off. Not sure what planet I was on when I said that, but I can say that now that I am done, he could leave as I have the RV mostly packed and only one more food item to prep that I could really just take with and make on the road.
I hope my workshop is not too simple tomorrow. I have some experieced people going to be there and I feel like my whole demo is elementary. Cute, but I am so not wowed. I am avoiding the BS because they cannot order it yet and that does not do my hostess any good...Oh well...I am sure it will be fine and I am just second guessing myself.
Did KimC find us yet?...she was on Holiday and our thread moved on her! She has also changed her stamp set for the SA swap to Flight of the Butterfly for those of you playing.
Sunday I get to work on my swaps and pack any toys for me to play with throughout the week camping. And a good book!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa, you always make me feel lazy! You get so much done!

I did get my GWTWJunkie swap mailed off today, and I've been playing a few challenges. Oh, and my husband's boss asked him if I would make some custom cards for her mom! Woohoo me! LOL It's nice when people who know nothing about papercrafting look at my stuff, cuz then they think I'm good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #150  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy, you are good! I can accomplish much when crunched. I get really efficient and get in a groove. But usually I am a lot more laid back. I can diddlefart in a grocery store for an hour just going in for milk. Or I can mega shop in 15 minutes and be bagged by the time the cashier has my total.
My workshop is ready - again...as I got up this morning and made two entirely different demos up. These are much more wow than the others I had ready. And I think one of them wil be my SA swap...maybe...

Off to get ready to go to my workshop. And see if DH is up yet...he got home at 4:30 this morning. Ya know those guy projects always take longer than they think...30 minutes = 3 hours (that is my translation to any guy project).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #151  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Bookmark Magnets

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Staci--what kind of magnet did you use on your magnetic bookmark? I can't seem to find something that works. <sigh>
Oh, I really splurged on it. I went to the Dollar store and bought one of those packs of magnets that go on the back of photos. 3 for a dollar. Any magnet should work as long as it has the adhesive on it so it stays on the project (the heaviness might pull it off with adhesive).

Stacy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #152  
Polyshrink Goddess

So my party ended up great. I took some time off from crafting and went golfing and that cleared my head. I ended up bagging the In Colors and did Barely Banana and Bashful Blue with the Ronald McDonald set. Helped me promote my September camp with that set. Ended up as a $450 party with 3 new customers and two bookings. Whoo hoo! They are all in October though which is when I do my second biggest camp of the year (Christmas in October) and when I'm prepping my biggest camp (6x6 Desktop Calendar camp!) Going to be interesting but maybe I'll take some vacation days during that month to stay caught up!

Anyone doing VSN this weekend? I'm working on bridal shower invites (will hit my gallery later when I settle on the colors - having an In Color crisis again - arg!) Anyhow, I'm going to clean up my room and start knocking them out tonight. Love the theme of the different books!

Take care everyone - can't wait to see what you are all working so hard on!
Stacy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #153  
Hardware Hotshot

Woo Hoo Staci! Makes me almost want to start doing workshops. Oh wait, they never seem to work out for me.

Lisa - how did your workshop go?

I haven't done VSN either, but I did check out some of the challenges. They sound really fun. My DS is not in a cooperative mood however and DH is out of town. (10 days til kindergarten!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #154  
Mad Swapper

Well.. I finished my GWTW swap cards this afternoon.. woo hoo! two more swaps to go and presentation to prepare.

sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend.

Staci- Woo hoo on the workshop! that is always satisfying. I love to golf as well. It really does have such a relaxing effect... well most of the time for me, when the ball cooperates and actually goes to the green instead of into the trees!

Lisa- woo hoo on getting your workshop prepped and getting ready for your trip! enjoy yourself!

I went to the local scrapbooking store here in Plainfield, Indiana (I am in Indy for the weekend). I behaved.. I only bought the blade refills for my cutter so I could work on my projects.. honestly.. I want so many SU things that when I wandered the store.. nothing really was catching my eye as a must have.. it's official. I am addicted to SU!

hope you have a great Sunday all. We are having a family picnic/ game day tomorrow.. let's hope the weather holds out!

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #155  
Crimping Master

I had my club yesterday. Everyone loved the new catalog. I got the spider on the cookie jar and that was a big hit too (thank you Paula!). They're on the fence about the new colors. I modified the bookmark that Amy posted the file for and they liked trying them all out. The gals in my club do a card exchange as well. Their cards are getting so good. None of them were remotely interested in the Big Shot (not a surprise to me).
I'm off to straighten up the house and relax. Have a great weekend!
MIssi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #156  
Pearl-ExPert

Morning all.
Great workshop Stacy! You go girl.
Missi - glad to hear your club liked the new catalog. :0)

My workshop was barely a workshop...but was fun anyway. Hostess was my sister and our mom was there and one other who is a good friend of my sisters. I made up the difference to make up a workshop (but I usually order on her shows even if it is a $500 workshop so...and it was only $50...like I really needed any more new toys...) We had fun and they like the new catalog - Sue (the friend) loved the new Tangerine Tango - she really likes the brights. My sister loves the silhouettes and nature stuff. My 9 year old niece annouced she wants the All In The Family stamp set - maybe for Chirstmas then...and for her birthday Jan 15 the accessories...cause ya just have to encourage them to start stamping early
Okay - sorry for rambling on. Workshop order is in, hubby is off camping and I am home alone with nothing to accomplish...ya mean I can actually stamp just for me?! Hmmm...
Have a great day! think I will do just that - put in a movie and stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #157  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lisa - hope you got some fun stamp time in just for you. DH & I were useless today. We stayed up until 3pm watching the US vs Spain Basketball Game. Seems like we had breakfast for lunch, lunch for dinner and soon a snack.

Time to leave the desk for a while and go and finish at least 1 load of laundry. Have to have something clean to wear to work on Monday. I don't think I can call in sick just becuase I don't have anything clean!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #158  
Mad Swapper

Lisa- I misunderstood.. I thought you were going camping too.. either way.. hope you enjoy your week.

We got home a little while ago from our trip to Indy. Came home to a hornet's nest in our tree.. how did we not see that all summer? Now how to figure out how to get rid of it.. hire an exterminator I think!

have a good night all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #159  
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone!

This week's goals:
Today I need to finish my displays for my Big Shot Party. I'm also thinking of having a RMH class the end of Sept, so I need to get some samples made for that. t would be good to get 1-2 more Card Buffet projects designed, too.

Tuesday is my son's birthday, and Grandma Day, so I don't know how much else I'll get done. LOL I do need to make some calls for the BS Party.

Wednesday is my Big Shot Party--clean, make refreshments, set up displays.

Thursday's list includes finalizing my Holiday Mini mailing list--have a few new potential customers coming Wed, so I'm waiting for that. Also need to do the grocery shopping (ugh).

Friday my goal is to finish Jami's new catty swap and possibly get it mailed. Absolutely have to have card buffet samples finished and instructions written up.

Oh, and I always need to blog! LOL Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Reply With Quote Likes