Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #1521  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear the update on Spencer! It's great when you have the faith to see the big picture!! You are an emotional strong women, for if you weren't you wouldn't have done this again!! Laughter, smiles and tears are all great!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #1522  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers and hugs. I wish I was as strong as you all think I am but hearing you say it is helping me to be strong.

This afternoon has gone pretty well. He was a bit freaked out when I took him with me to get my haircut. I don't know if he thought I was leaving him there or what but he had to sit on my lap while she washed my hair.

After school has been great. He's right in the middle of AJ and all his friends having a grand time. We got the bounce house out and it was the most it's been played with ever. We'll have to see how dinner goes and bedtime of course.

Crissy- I think you did mention that before about your mom. Thanks for sharing it again though. It was something I needed to hear today.

And Amy- I am so jealous that you have your swaps already. Can't wait to see them. I've been trying to avoid all of your blogs this week as to not spoil it. Maybe Thursday? Or maybe they will be a Halloween surprise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #1523  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I have had my good cry for the week...thanks to Paula! I can not even imagine (or I don't think I want to) the roller coaster of emotions that you and your whole family have gone through this week!
It just makes me want to run home and hug my little "T" (I know he's not so little any more, he is 10 but he will always be my baby). Friday can't get here fast enough--to get home to my family and to stamp!

Inky hugs to all this week, I am surfing blogs to CASE cards for my hostess appreciation this weekend! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #1524  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula you are amazing and you brought happy tears to my eyes as your boys are so blessed to have you in their life and I know Spencer will have all the love and beyond then he could ever image

HUGS!!!

Clearing my eyes so I can see again... lol.. GIRLS I am on a swap roll WHOOP WHOOP got 2 done.. ANDDDDD I'm working on the Halloween goodies for the boys teachers.. I wanted to do Yoga tomorrow but don't know if I will since Isaac's doc. appt is at 11 am and Yoga would finish at 10:30 that would mean I would have to go all YOGALAXED (as I called it.. lol cause Yoga makes me feel soooo relaxed! lol) and it would sooo crash my AHHHHH moment! lol.. Cause I want to be focused and be able to give him my full report so he can tell me what the heck is going on w/my Sweets.. AND Gabi has to get some shots tomorrow.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. so its going to be interesting tomorrow! lol

OHH YEAAHHH NEW House tonight! WHOOP,WHOOP! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #1525  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Happy Hugs to you all Paula! This will sound wacky, but I couldn't cry about that sweet mom having to give up Spencer to you. I'm just so happy for her to have you for Spencer.

We gotta get your Isaac better, Ellie....hoping for an easy solution with the allergies for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #1526  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Sorry it's taken me so long to check in. I am physically and emotionally tired. But so far, so good. I just posted pics and info about last night on my personal blog: http://inthesaltshaker.blogspot.com/...and-sweet.html
I'm with Amy - made me get all teary. You and your husband are amazing and the fact that AJ is so supportive and cute just makes it even better. Hang in there!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #1527  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay - I'm caught up on posts and behind on my stamping. DH is at Soccer tonight (that winter sport he told me he wasn't going to play... "but it's free" he says - whatever) - Anyhow, so I don't have to work tonight (finally) and I'm trying to do the baby wipe thing for my class. Do I have to use glossy cardstock? Do I have to use a brayer? The fact the lady at the store asked me how old my baby was when I bought them today was a bit devestating for my self image (I'm throwing this sweater away). Anyhow, trying to replace that memory with a fun craft - help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #1528  
Mad Swapper

Sorry Stacy, I haven't done that technique before, so I can't help!

I do think it would have been funny if you would have told the sales clerk a weird age like 15 when she asked how old your baby was. It would be funny to see her face
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #1529  
Polyshrink Goddess

If it happens again and I'm not wearing this baggy sweater, I'll try that. Too bad I didn't buy baby wipes and wine - then maybe she wouldn't have asked - just have nodded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #1530  
Matboard Maniac

Default SA enables another BIA purchase!!

This group is not good on my pocketbook...since I am bummed to be out of town and I have never been to an Archiver's before, I decided to check it out after my meetings today.
Well, what do you know, they had one of those famous Bind-it-All things that has been discussed many times by this group. Well, since I am working on a recipe book class for my Stamp Retreat in November, this just happened to wind up in my basket and is happily waiting a return trip home so I can break it out and see if I can get my recipes and chipboard covers bound into a book.
Thanks for the advice and enabling my purchase!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #1531  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Okay - I'm caught up on posts and behind on my stamping. DH is at Soccer tonight (that winter sport he told me he wasn't going to play... "but it's free" he says - whatever) - Anyhow, so I don't have to work tonight (finally) and I'm trying to do the baby wipe thing for my class. Do I have to use glossy cardstock? Do I have to use a brayer? The fact the lady at the store asked me how old my baby was when I bought them today was a bit devestating for my self image (I'm throwing this sweater away). Anyhow, trying to replace that memory with a fun craft - help!
Stacy,
I am wanting to do this for my Technique club this month as well. Let me know what you find out. I have the reinkers and the wipes, but just haven't taken the time to try it yet. That's next weekend, I have plenty of time before then.
And, look on the bright side, at least she thought you were old enough to have children of your own, but not too old since she didn't ask about your grandchildren!! We love you just the way you are
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #1532  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Stacy! Someone once asked me when my baby was due, when she was 2 months old. <sigh> She was my third. LOL

Ok, I haven't done the baby wipe tech, so I'm sure someone else will know better. But here is Beate's tech tutorial
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...als/baby_wipe/

Angie--thanks for the details on your card! That really helps me. I'm the one who needs "first do this, then do that." And congratulations on your new baby BIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #1533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okey dokey, just found more on the baby wipe technique. For some reason I am fixated on it. This is a tech card for a class. Perfect, because it has both the "ink pad" style and the "swipe" style, all with text.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...11480?cat=4773
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #1534  
Polyshrink Goddess

Guess I should have asked my sister - she was the first person to respond on the link you sent Amy.

After much experimenting, I got it to work and am showing my customers how to do it on glossy white cardstock and how to do it on whisper white. I figured out the "swipe" thing works best if you put your hand in a baggie and then pick up the baby wipe (yes, I have inky fingers - learned that a little late) My card is in my gallery and I have my instructions if anyone wants them. Beware, my SA swap is in my gallery too.....

I also got my sticky letter card done for that camp. I am so excited to have something done in advance. Now I just hope I get one more person to come and my class will be full.

Alright off to bed now - hubby is home and lost in soccer but he doesn't care since he just enjoyed playing. We SOOO don't have the same level of competitive spirit....

G'night all - chat with you tomorrow after another hopefully great (or at least productive) work day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #1535  
Kookie Creator

Paula! Having gone through a placement myself with my little one my heart goes out to you! I can't imagine how that birthmom felt! How heartwrenching! I know at our placement, as soon as our birthmom left the office, I just bawled and bawled. My heart hurt for her. For that mom to have had her little boy for a few years - I can't even fathom that kind of heartbreak! You'll get into a bit of a rhythm and things will be great! So happy for you and your family! Spencer is a little sweetie. Good luck with the rest of the legal stuff. It will get all worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #1536  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've done the baby wipe technique and it is so much fun! Basically, put the wipes on a paper plate, drop different colors of reinker on it and wait until they separate and cover all "blank" wipe area. Then stamp away as usual!! You don't have to use special paper. So easy and so fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #1537  
Mad Swapper

Yay Angie! Congrats on your BIA! I took mine out of the box the other day, but still haven't used it.

I am so sleepy this morning. If DD didn't have to go to preschool I totally would have stayed in bed longer. I usually don't have a problem with getting up, I just think it is the cold weather!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 AM   #1538  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too!! We almost missed the bus today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 AM   #1539  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning ladies-

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Angie- Congrats on your new BIA. Now I feel even more guilty about mine sitting in the closet, unused and unloved.

Stacy- Just last week when AJ told one of his friends that he was getting a new brother, she looked at me and said, "You have a baby in you tummy!"

All this talk on the baby wipe technique has me very intrigued. I am off to check out your links. I think I will offer a technique club/class next year and would like to start putting together a schedule.

Crissy and Jen- Wish I could have slept in this morning. AJ has a cold again and was up coughing at 1 a.m. for about an hour. Spencer woke up at 6 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep. Good thing we went to bed early last night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:02 AM   #1540  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I'm boring today, but regarding the baby wipe technique.....is this SA thread the thread on which I saw this card?: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...9093?si=nwyant

If so, thanks b/c it rocks imo-if not, check it out....I'll be doing it for a spring tech class....almost all of my girls have inspired by nature so it will be a bonus for them to have another technique for it.

Last edited by rhondag; 10-29-2008 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: fixing dangling preposition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #1541  
Mad Swapper

I saw that card in the gallery. I just love it.

I haven't used baby wipe that way before.. swipe technique I guess that is called. I usually use the baby wipe like a stamp pad (like I did in my SA christmas swaps).

ended up working late last night and went to bed early.. and today I have a sore throat. darn travel got me sick I think! Here's to hoping that my tea helps the situation!

hope you all have a great day!
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #1542  
Stampin' Fool

Just thought I'd pop in to see what everyone is up to! I'm on my way to my DD (14) Cross Country Meet. She has made it into the Fraser Valleys. I guess that would be like just before State Championships or maybe State Championships in the US. She just has a 5 km race today. She is in grade 9 and ran as a grade 11 girl at Districts so that her school could get the grade 11 girl team first place trophy. She is such a good sport!! So I am gone all day. Have a great day everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #1543  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh goodness I have to go back and catch up w/you gals.. but for now update on Mr. Isaac.. Just got back from the doc. and you will never believe this cause I'm still like HUH!!

Its a Viral thing!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PULL my hair out... so I just have to finish up the meds. and keep watching him GRRREEAT... but you best believe I will not be giving him Cocoa Krispies AT ALL... NO WAY. The doc said it was that cause he said each time it did happen it was different levels and not the same as the first time (which was true) so he said that was why it was viral.. He said I could make an appt. to the allergy doc like in 2 weeks if it still keeps happening.. crossing my fingers this is OVER..
I am of to eat some breakfast (yes at 1 pm) cause I didn't even a get a chance to do so.. HUGS to everyone!!!!
-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #1544  
Mad Swapper

OK, I've got to get in on this baby wipe technique. That card is just beautiful.

Erin - Hope your DD does well in the meet today.

Ellie - So that sounds like good news, hopefully the medicine will make him better and you can be done with it! This is better than trying to figure out exactly what it whas that caused the reaction!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #1545  
Mad Swapper

Liz - I hope you are feeling better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1546  
Stazon Splitcoast

Swaps are all postal so you should be receiving them in the next 2 or 3 days for those who sent priority.

Erin, yours weren't too expensive to ship, but I had to fill out a customs form ????

And Lisa, I had no idea how to put together the box you sent, so the PO guy did it - which still didn't look right to me, but he taped it up pretty well.

Amysings, I mailed you the two remaining cards in a regular envelope.

Mischeif - still waiting to hear back from you!

Thanks gals, it was fun to be the hostess!! I hope to be able to join you in one of the upcoming swaps - probably not the one in Jan. with everything going on not sure I'll be preordering anything, but we'll see!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #1547  
Crimping Master

Jen - I PM'd you. will get the stuff to you this weekend.

I still need some addresses to send my swaps to folks! and to get our Christmas list together

Paula - Your story is so sweet and I joined the ranks of the teary eyed. Hopefully Spencer's adjustment will be easy for all of you.

Everyone else - take care and have a great day! I've been off work for 2 days and have a pile of work to wade through. Job security, huh?
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #1548  
Stazon Splitcoast

Got your pm, Missi!! No problem...just wanted to make sure we were on the same page!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #1549  
Stazon Splitcoast

I remember now why I hate clear acrylic stamps. So, Drew wants to be a number tree (Chika Chika 123) for Halloween. So, I bought some felt to cut into leaf shapes and some iron on numbers. I also bought him a green shirt and brown pants. Well, the iron on numbers are waaaaayyyyy too big. So, plan B. Stamping!! Well, the only number set I have that is the "right" size is this cheap acrylic set I bought for the kids projects. So, off I went with my white craft pad and the numbers....yech...what a mess, but the project is working! I am waiting for the ink to dry before I finish cutting and adhering. Now I wish I had bought those Headline numbers when they retired! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #1550  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone - hope all are having a great day. I had a short work day again today, but have been cleaning (in places like the top of the fridge) and working on my class flyer for December. I posted the projects to my gallery in case anyone is interested. I really like the coaster calendar - so very cute for so stinkin' easy! And mustard is not a color I usually use, but like how it turned out.

Can't wait to see the swaps! 2-3 days means I should have them while my class is here on Saturday! COOL! Thanks Jen for hosting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #1551  
Stazon Splitcoast

And I am happy to have my dining room table back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #1552  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey all! Tonight is date night but in a great turn of events, I got to come home on time without work and my DH has to work late. He never works late! Anyhow, I'm off to see what I'm going to make when he does get here. If I check in later, I'm still missing my date!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #1553  
Pearl-ExPert

My date left after inhaling his dinner and went to look at a snowmobile...we did have plans for a movie, but I guess I will just stamp! I hope your date night turns out Stacy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #1554  
Mad Swapper

Sorry about your date Lisa - absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?

Stacy, I hope your date night works out!

Jen, how's the costume coming?

Today was DD's Harvest party at preschool and the treat bags went over very well! It was really fun to watch her in the classroom with her friends. I really wanted to stamp today but I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe this weekend I will get something accomplished

Last edited by IndyCrissy; 10-29-2008 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: Hit send too soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #1555  
Crimping Master

Hi, Everyone! Just popping in to say a quick hi! My first 1 1/2 weeks of two jobs have gone well! I'm trying to be very disciplined about getting up early every day and getting right to work on my first job, then about noon I jump in the shower, get ready and go to the nursing home and work there in the afternoon. I'll just try to keep doing it until the find a dietitian for the nursing home. (But I suspect they stopped looking when I came back! Oh, well!)

Paula, what can I say that hasn't already been said? You and your husband are angels to do what you are doing, and your two boys are so blessed. And I'm sure you feel blessed by them, too! They are two adorable little fellas, and I wish you all much happiness!

Liz, hope you're feeling better - that travel will do it every time!

Jen, can't wait to get the swaps! Hey, did we have a "ribbon requirement" on these? If so, oops! Does sewing count??

I'm off to Seattle for the weekend to see my "babies" - 2 yr old Jack and 2 month old Thomas - can't wait! We'll also celebrate my son's birthday, go to a Halloween party, and go to a baby shower for my DIL's sister - busy but fun weekend!

I started making Halloween cards, but didn't finish them!! (Wonder why?? ha!) Can I send out "Happy Belated Halloween" cards?

And hugs to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #1556  
Mad Swapper

Hey Lisa (Biffsbee), did you print the calendar for your coaster calendar or did you buy them? If you printed them where/how did you do it? If you don't mind my asking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #1557  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
Hi, Everyone! Just popping in to say a quick hi! My first 1 1/2 weeks of two jobs have gone well! I'm trying to be very disciplined about getting up early every day and getting right to work on my first job, then about noon I jump in the shower, get ready and go to the nursing home and work there in the afternoon. I'll just try to keep doing it until the find a dietitian for the nursing home. (But I suspect they stopped looking when I came back! Oh, well!)

Paula, what can I say that hasn't already been said? You and your husband are angels to do what you are doing, and your two boys are so blessed. And I'm sure you feel blessed by them, too! They are two adorable little fellas, and I wish you all much happiness!

Liz, hope you're feeling better - that travel will do it every time!

Jen, can't wait to get the swaps! Hey, did we have a "ribbon requirement" on these? If so, oops! Does sewing count??

I'm off to Seattle for the weekend to see my "babies" - 2 yr old Jack and 2 month old Thomas - can't wait! We'll also celebrate my son's birthday, go to a Halloween party, and go to a baby shower for my DIL's sister - busy but fun weekend!

I started making Halloween cards, but didn't finish them!! (Wonder why?? ha!) Can I send out "Happy Belated Halloween" cards?

And hugs to all of you!
Hi Pamela! We are so glad you stopped in to say Hi! I'm glad your jobs are working out. I am sure you are right that they are no longer looking for a dietician...why would they when they have you?????? Have fun in Seattle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #1558  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Calendar

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCrissyView Post
Hey Lisa (Biffsbee), did you print the calendar for your coaster calendar or did you buy them? If you printed them where/how did you do it? If you don't mind my asking
I believe I printed them from here...

http://www.redcastle.com/software/fw/printcal.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #1559  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
I believe I printed them from here...

http://www.redcastle.com/software/fw/printcal.htm
Thanks! I'm thinking of doing some desk calendars for office christmas gifts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #1560  
Crimping Master

Crissy, the Halloween treat bags are darling! I'll bet your daughter was so excited to give them to her little friends!

Lisa, LOVE the calendar!! And the Jingle Block,too! Darling!

I should be packing, but it's so-o-o-o nice to just kick back and spend some happy time on SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes