Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #1401  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lisa have a fabulous time at Disney!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #1402  
Mad Swapper

I've been trying to catch a few minutes to post here - I read thru the posts to get caught up and when I go to post the babies need attention - so I'm going to post and then go back and catch up when I can.

I know everyone has things going on, and hope that things are okay will all of you.

Things went really well for my DD in surgery. She had a lot of scar tissue due to her past issues, and the dr. was able to remove all the scar tissue, clear out the cataract and reattach the retina. He said my DD did fabulous! And because she did so well in surgery, he feels that her recovery will be 3 months instead of 6 months to a year.

Her specific type of reattachment uses a silicone oil bubble inserted to keep the retina in place. This will need to stay in place for the next 3 months, then be surgically removed. This means that her vision will improve, but it will look like she is 'seeing thru oil' for the next 3 months (which she literally is).

It's rough right now because she is 'seeing thru oil,' with vision improving daily in her right eye, and seeing thru a cataract with really bad vision in her left eye. She has to wear her glasses for eye protection - which really messes everything up.

She's a good sport and trying to keep her spirits up until they can take the cataract out of her left eye in two weeks.

In the meantime, my 9 year old DD is helping me keep up with the 2 babies. It's A LOT OF WORK!!! and I am really out of practice of keep up with young ones.

I have been getting up at night with the newborn so my DD can get back on her feet. It's been many years since I have done without so much sleep (except for convention, LOL!!!)

So, not complaining. I am so glad to be here and can't even imagine how my DD would cope if I hadn't been able to come! I know my time is short here and I just want to do as much as I can so it won't be too hard for my DD when I leave.

Well, time is up. I miss you all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #1403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for letting us know, Kathy! And prayers of thanks for the positive outcome for your daughter. You are such a great mom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #1404  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy, good to know the surgery went well. You are a good mom! I will b praying for her recovery to go as well as the surgery and that the other eye goes just as well. Enjoy those boys and sleep when you can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #1405  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hugs to you Kathy! Good news about DD! Stay strong and awake hugs to you!

Have fun Lisa/crazycat!!!

Amy, my team (OK state) plays Texas tomorrow....it likely won't be pretty-I haven't checked your score-hopefully you all will win!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #1406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Texas! LOL Well, at least you'll get to see some good football, right?

Right now, the game is tied. End of first quarter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #1407  
Hardware Hotshot

Busy day here for everyone.

We just took Spencer back to his current home for the night. The visit went well except the whole neighborhood showed up and I think it overwhelmed him a bit. I will post more pictures and info on my blog here in just a little while.

Jen - Cyber friends are great. Especially when they can't stay away from the computer for a whole day.

Lisa (crazycat)- I am sure you won't get a chance to read this before you get there, but have a wonderful time at Disneyland! Hope the weather is great for you!

Lisa (biffsbee)- Sorry work is so dreary. But it sounds like you got a ton done today. I think you are superwoman!

Rhonda- That dinner sounds so much better than what we had. I am jealous. And cookies for dessert. I've been such a good girl this week, maybe I should treat myself. Oh wait, I had to be a good girl this week because I treated myself way to much last week.

Kathy- So glad the surgery went so well and that you are enjoying time with your grandkids. You are a great mom and grandma.

Crissy- I only seem calm because it's hard to show how frustrated I am in cyber space. Right out of college I worked constituent services for the governor here in Utah. The agency we got the most complaints about was Child Services. And now I am ready to make my own call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #1408  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't even know where to start - it took me an hour to catch up on this weeks happenings - seriously? I am writing a book about everything that is happening at work, it's kind of a "dilbert" sort of thing but I have to keep myself entertained in all the meetings I'm in. But in reading through all these posts, I can't believe that I'm connected, no matter how, to so many amazing women. I'm not a mom but I can't believe the things you all do for your children and your grandchildren. Your sense of self-sacrafice is amazing - it makes me want to call my mom and just say "thank you!"

My news seems rather blah but it will have a fun photo on Sunday so that should bring laughs. I decided to go for the gangster costume with the fake tom gun and everything (and the most uncomfortable costume shoes you can imagine - last time I wore shoes with that high of heels I broke my kneecap!) Anyhow, I wanted to go as women's suffrage but even with crafting up the "women can vote" sash and the hat, I still had to make a 20's costume to go under it. But if anyone has any questions on why we can vote, ask me - I'm completely educated now.

Anyhow, we are playing golf tomorrow and then heading to our wine party. My friend made an airplane using boxes and she's going as Amelia Earhart - now do you know why the pressure was on?

Paula - Can't wait to hear about your newest addition! I find what you are doing to be just amazing and I can't imagine someone with a heart that big not finding complete success with that little one.

Kathy - you get g'ma of the year - another amazing example of what women are capable of doing and your support is so inspirational!

Rhonda - happy to hear your parents are on the road to recovery. You are in my thoughts as are your precious parents!

There are so many of you with such big things going on, I don't want to miss anyone but you are all on my mind and things will go well. I sense an upswing in the world becuase with people like us in it, how can we not make it better?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #1409  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jen - you are on my mind too but I am writing you a PM instead of posting my thoughts here. Hang in there - you are surrounded by love from your kinds and your cyber friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #1410  
Crimping Master

Default I'm back!

I've been off the computer since Wednesday! I was in seminars all day Wednesday and Thursday and home late, then yesterday I had a class all day and then off for a date with my DH.
I've been feeling very disconnected. It's funny how an electronic device can connect people in such a way that they become an important part of your daily life. I found myself wondering how Rhonda's parents were doing, if Paula's visit with Spencer went well, if Kathy's daughter had had her surgery, if Stacy found out about her job, what Jen was up to with her boys, etc. Anyway, just to get warm and fuzzy for a moment, thank you all for sharing your lives and being so kind and supportive!
I can't believe all that has happened! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. You are also on my list of truly amazing women! The weather is supposed to be beautiful today, so I think I'll start my day by finishing some work outside and then get going on my stamping. When I get the list of addresses/birthday's put together, I will PM it to each of you.
Have a great day!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #1411  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am up early today...well, early for a day without kids. LOL!

Jack has a soccer game at 10:30 - last one . I have to run out and buy the coaches gift cards. I made their cards last night. Very simple, but cute I think. I am loving that top note die!! Then, I have to come home and finish prepping for the tiny workshop. Should be fun though - very nice girls who LOVE to stamp! My workshop is at 3 and I'm hoping to be home by 5. We are making a birthday card cased from an Artisan Award display on the SU site, Frankie, and some spiders.

So, I'm also going to swing by Starbucks and see if they have their pumpkin spice lattes out yet. I love those and it is such a treat!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!! Sounds like some fun things planned!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #1412  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're doing great getting yourself going this weekend, Jen! Let us know how everything goes!

Oh, I forgot that my SA Christmas Swap Card was up on my blog yesterday! LOL Don't look if you want to be surprised!

Swappers Anonymous Christmas

Last edited by amysings; 10-25-2008 at 05:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #1413  
Mad Swapper

Sound like yesterday was busy! I decided that I wanted to go to a crop last night at my LSS and I spent most of yesterday organizing pictures and getting ready for that. I finally learned how to use the Cricut (the shop will let you use it while your there for a crop, you just have to use your own paper) and I have to say I love it! I don't need it AT ALL, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. The shop owner even said she will do layaways on them. I just can't justify that expense right now. I need new tires on my car and probably a new laptop, so I said not right now. But I do like it!

Lisa- sorry about your depressing day at work. It is very sad to hear of anyone being layed off. Congrats on getting your stamp room organized!

Lisa- Have fun at Disney!

Kathy - so glad the surgery went well! Good news that the recovery time will be less!!!

You guys posting links to your swaps are killing me! I'm really trying not to look (and I haven't so far!) but it is hard!!!!

I have to go to a baby shower today and I still have to get the gift, at least my card is made! This is a sweet story that you guys (especially Paula) would like, my upline and her DH have been trying to adopt for like 4 years through a local agency and she got the call while at convention!!! The baby was born last month so they are having an open house to let everyone meet her.

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #1414  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I agree with Amy Jen! Great job getting your day going full force!

Amy, it is beautiful!!! So striking and gorgeous!

Have a fun day and a great time at the baby shower Crissy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #1415  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all your loving pm's, ladies. I can't tell you how much they have lifted my spirits!! Crafting and stamping helps too! I am feeling a bit better today. I know that there is a plan for me and the boys and whatever happens, is meant to happen. I need to be positive, do my best to get a job for next Sept (teaching) and everything will be OK. My son's principal, who is a wonderful educator, told me that when I was ready to come back to work, that he would "vet" my resume for me and give me a practice interview and let me know what I need to change/work on. So, I'm going to write him a letter and take him up on his offer. I've heard that he's incredibly supportive and while he won't hire me, I've heard that he contacts other principals if he has a good candidate. So, let's hope so! I thought about pulling my son from his preschool, but have nixed that idea. He is in the town special preschool (mix of speech kids and "regular" kids) and is just blossoming. He even has friends! I think that although it'd allow me to get a job - not teaching probably - it would be the worst decision for my son. He needs the loving support and great teaching that he gets there. He is a changed child from one year ago when he began there.
My son's last soccer game was awesome. My son didn't score, but had a grand time and played goalie one period without being scored on (sigh of relief there - as he cries if he gets scored on). He was so excited to receive his trophy. Of course, little guy was screaming, as he wanted a trophy too. I left STBX to deal with that one.
So, my workshop is cut...just came on to print out the specials and get the folders ready.
So, thanks again for lifting me up today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #1416  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy,

Your cards went postal, as I knew you needed them. I still don't have Ellie's - will PM her and find out when she mailed - so I will mail you hers ( and mine) when it gets here. Yes, I forgot to mail you mine!! I was in such a rush, I didn't notice that my cards are still sitting upstairs!! LOL!! I kept wondering why I was off one when I was sorting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #1417  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Jen! That was so sweet of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #1418  
Stampin' Fool

Jen: That's great that there is someone willing to put in a word for you and help. It will be great for your son if you don't have to pull him out. My youngest has a hard time with quick change and even though sometimes it means I sacrifice some things, he has had such a better life experience.

I think that with all of our prayers for each other, we are a pretty strong force. Although I read of trials and struggles, there always seems to be something positive or some improvement to each situation. I have never seen such a strong positive group of supporters like this group!! I am proud to be a member and now that I can count on you guys when the time comes that I need the support or an ear to listen to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #1419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

Your special surprise arrived today, just as I was heading out for my workshop. You shouldn't have!! But, I love them!! They made me all teary...I can't tell you the last time I've had pretty flowers in the house. It is so kind and thoughtful of you. I am very touched. I will take a picture and send it to you so you too can enjoy their beauty. They are right on the kitchen island - they really brightened my mood today!
And, really, you shouldn't have!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #1420  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm going to be turning in soon. I can't wait to lay in bed, watch my Grey's from Thurs. night and maybe do some reading, while sipping a glass of wine. Now, if I had a hunky, cute guy to do it with me, it'd be even better!! LOL!!! OK, probably not, since I think I'm pulling out the thermals/flannels tonight and I'll probably be asleep by 9!

Amy - did your team win? I don't follow college football.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #1421  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jen, I am so thrilled they arrived and brightened your day. My job done. If STBX drops off boys he can think you have an admirer Enjoy your snuggly evening watching Grey's. - How did the workshop go?

The retired stamp sale went pretty well. I still came home with sets that I wanted gone, but did make enough money to pay for my Serif Essentials or not...I keep waffling...but I am thinking now that I for sure have the money out of my "own" account I can justify it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #1422  
Stazon Splitcoast

Boise State did win! Yay team! Rhonda's OSU team *almost* beat Texas, too! Have a nice quiet evening, Jen!

Congrats on the sale, Lisa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #1423  
Pearl-ExPert

Go Boise! And Amy your card is beautiful! Love the chunky glitter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #1424  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I am so excited about the Christmas Secret Elf swap! LOL But I have no idea what to put on my wish list! Anybody have suggestions there???

And I need advice about an alphabet for my Big Shot. I am having a hard time convincing myself to spend $150 on the BIG one. But I have 2 Cuttlebug alphas that are smaller. I know, not SU, but really, if it were for a class, I might use them anyway. <don't report me>

Do any of you have one of the SU sizzix alphas? What do you like/dislike?
I have Go Go Boots Amy.. and I love it. the letters are so super cute and easy to use. I also really want the big alpha... but I am trying (stress trying) to wait for an SU exclusive alpha. I would hate to spend $150 on something that is not SU exclusive.. but i really love those letters so it is such a hard decision.

i am getting caught up on my SA reading.. can you tell? this post was from 4 days ago..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #1425  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Go Boise! And Amy your card is beautiful! Love the chunky glitter.
Thanks, Lisa!

Liz--how tall are the uppercase letters in Go Go Boots??? I am afraid to spend $150 on that alpha without seeing what is coming out in January. <roll eyes> But if I spend $70, will I then decide I need to spend *another* $150? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #1426  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Thanks, Amy, I will have to play around with him tonight.

I received another package of beautiful swaps today from Elizabeth Ecsy!
yippee.. glad you got them... sorry they didn't have my label on the back. I SO ran out of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #1427  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Thanks, Lisa!

Liz--how tall are the uppercase letters in Go Go Boots??? I am afraid to spend $150 on that alpha without seeing what is coming out in January. <roll eyes> But if I spend $70, will I then decide I need to spend *another* $150? LOL
This is the debate I go round and round about. I think the go go boots uppercase is around 1 1/4 inch. I like the cutesy font so it works for me.. for now.

I am going a bit dormant with my stamping business for a little while. I made my mins for this quarter so I am focusing on my new job and doing my fun crafts for Christmas for the rest of the quarter (other than my SAS on Nov 16) so if we don't have an SU exclusive set in the next cattie.. then I will take the plunge next quarter..

unless I just can no longer resist the urge and take the plunge.. ugh.. I also need a new set of markers. So my stamping budget needs to stretch a little..

hmmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #1428  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
-Cut up with olive oil and powder/dry ranch dressing mix....easy peasy, but my girls eat them even better than baked potatoes.
YUMMO!!! can't wait to try this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #1429  
Mad Swapper

Ok. I think I am caught up!

Paula- I am SO excited for you. Spencer is sure to be a bundle of joy and a wonderful addition. I can't wait to hear about the adventures your boys are sure to have.

Jen- thinking of you. I wish I lived closer so we could hang out drinking wine together.

Kathy- very interesting on your DD's surgery. Isn't it amazing what can be done?

Pammy- we've missed you. god blesses you for the work you do. It takes a truly wonderful heart to work with/for the elderly.

Lisa (crazycat)- enjoy Disney!

Lisa (biff)- you are such a lovely person.. nuff said!

Rhonda- glad your parents are better.. still keeping them in my thoughts for a quickened recovery!

Stacy- did you decide on your 20s costume! what a clever fun Idea! especially in this political climate!

Chrissy- watch out.. that little Cricut can bite. and then you will just have to have it. I know I did. I used it a couple times and had to have my own!
Secret Elf- who is organizing this again? I lost track somewhere... but I am totally on board for this.. how stinking fun!!!

Well I am back from London. It was almost extended a week longer.. but we decided to go back for the week of November 10th instead. No fun on this trip really at all.. no shopping, no shows. maybe next month. I have friends that live outside of London (from previous jobs) and I hope to meet up with them on my next trip as well.. so it will be a busy one... and hopefully a little more fun.

AND the craziest part... my trip back yesterday. I had a flight to Frankfurt first and I had to RUN to get to my next flight. to get to my other plane.. I had to take a BUS from the plane to the airport.. run up an escalator, down many corridors, get on a TRAIN, more corridors, go through security, get my bag searched (WHY WHY.. when there was no one else in the airport except me and two other running people!), grab a sandwich and soda and then they closed the door behind me as I got on the plane. I was out of breath and exhausted by time I sat down. Luckily I had a really nice lady sitting next to me. we chatted so much on the plane.

my luggage stayed in Germany! oops. It should be here by morning though.. thank goodness! it has my new boots in there that I got a week ago... I finally got them all comfy this week!

I am so completely tired today. must be jet lag? I've never had it like this before and i've done quite a bit of international travel. maybe tomorrow will be better.

so that's about all from here. hopefully I can spend some time in my stamp room tomorrow and get reorganized again. And I need to get my cards ready for my SAS in November. With traveling so much, I have to get that organized so I won't be rushed to get them done.

Tomorrow I go to my sister's for a birthday dinner for my dad. He turned 79 this month. I can't believe my dad is almost 80. That is really something! and he travels every year by himself to Hungary to see his family. AFter my experience in Frankfurt yesterday, I am thinking that I will be a little more careful about non-stop flights for him in the future. that would have been too much for him!

later my SA friends! I have been missing ya!
Liz

Last edited by ececsy; 10-25-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: geez.. that was a long one. thanks for reading if you make it through!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #1430  
Hardware Hotshot

Just checking in at the end of the day. I woke up at about 3:30 this morning and finally decided to get up about an hour later. I hammered out the rest of my Christmas card samples before my DS woke up and my DH got back from the office. So glad to have that done. Hopefully, I will find time to get them in my gallery here but I can't make it a priority right now. They are on my stampin' blog if anyone wants to see them: www.paulastamps.blogspot.com

We spent some time today with Spencer's family. I can tell he is starting to sense what is coming because he was very clingy to his mom. He goes more readily to my DH than he does to me. But I think that is because he doesn't have a dad at home right now.

Then we spent entirely too much time and money at Costco. I think I just forgot how much diapers cost or they have gone up a lot since AJ wore them. Got the bed and dresser moved into Spencer's room (actually my DH did that). He will visit us again tomorrow after church and I am hoping he is happy to see his room has a bed.

I am teaching our women's group at church tomorrow and the lesson is on happiness. I found this quote that I just love so I am sharing it with you:

"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance." (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)

I know you all answers a lot of prayers for the people in your lives (including the rest of us here) just by the things you do.

I'm too tired to reply to everyone's posts tonight, but that doesn't mean I didn't think about you and think about replying to your messages. My love to you all.

Good night!

Last edited by scrapshappen; 10-26-2008 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #1431  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Halloween

I'm trying to figure out how to attach my photo from last night but I can't get it to work. Arg. How do I do this again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #1432  
Stazon Splitcoast

Click go advanced. Scroll down to manage attachments. Click.

It will tell you the max size for the picture. It's not very big. (I always have to expand the pop up window, so I can see the word "upload.")
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #1433  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am clean sweeping my bedroom/closet!!! The j**k left his fall and winter stuff, so I bagged it up (in garbage bags ) and put it all on the front porch! Oh man, that feels sooooo goood!!!! Now, I'm going to use that space to put my card-making/SU stuff in there, since it all migrates to the bedroom anyway. This is going to take me forever, but I love it!!! I came down to grab the vacuum....away I go!!!! Boys home in 3 hours....must try and finish.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #1434  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Another Attempt

So does this work?

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...1&d=1225050375
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-smaller-pic-con-i.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #1435  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah - it worked - watch out for me now - Amy made me an uploading expert - there is no stoppin' me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #1436  
Stazon Splitcoast

Super cute Stacey!!! I bet you two were a hit!

Off to take my littles to trunk or treat at church........a kitty cat and a monarch butterfly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #1437  
Hardware Hotshot

Love the picture Stacy. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Amy is the expert on so many things. We are lucky to have her here to impart her wisdom to us.

Now that I have a second to breathe (but only one) I can reply to some of the posts from the past day.

Jen- Good for you for getting all that junk out of your closet. Feels good. I have to say that I was expecting cleaning out the baby stuff to be an emotional experience for me, and it turned out to be wonderfully freeing. It's like letting that part of my life go. Just what I needed.

And it sounds like you a have a great plan for your future. You are placing your kids' needs first as you should. Good for you.

Amy- So glad to hear that BSU won. After U of U and USU, we root for BSU. It's been fun to see them be such a cinderella team the past few years.

And Rhonda- Sounds like your team did well against Texas, even if they didn't win. Have fun trunk or treating.

Thanks Crissy for sharing the story about your friend's baby. Brought back lots of memories of when we found out about AJ. I was out of town on business myself. Hope the shower/open house was a nice event.

Lisa- I don't know what to say except I think you are awesome. The kind things you do for others is a great example to all of us. Thank you!

Liz- Welcome back. Sorry you didn't get to experience more of London, but I am sure glad you made your plane coming home. I hate that running through the airport feeling. I nominate you for the next round of the Amazing Race.

Missi- I agree with everything you said. I count all of you among my friends and I think of you often through the day and hope that all your little projects and challenges are working themselves out. I hope that school is going well.

Erin- Ditto what you said to. I have always thought that women are so lucky to have other women to provide support and encouragement in their lives. Too many men just don't get the value of it. If they only knew what they were missing.

Spencer is here right now and having a grand time with AJ and my DH. I'd better go join in.

See ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #1438  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula - please keep us updated as to the deets with Spencer!! It'll be a sigh of relief for him to really be yours...

Stacy - you guys look fabulous!!!

I'm glad Amy could help you out!! She's so useful! Particularly in the enabling sense... LOL!! But, what would we do without her??!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #1439  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got sidetracked from a call from my BFF. We've been friends since 4th grade, so we were chatting about the upcoming reunion and other plans that week. If the weather cooperates, we're going to take the kids in for the Macy's T-Day parade!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #1440  
Stazon Splitcoast

[Yawn] Well, I just woke up from a long winter's nap! I mean, *Sunday* nap! I wonder if I will ever get rid of this cough? LOL

Thanks (I THINK) for saying those things about me. My brothers just call me a know-it-all.

Jen--good for you! Love your new acronym for him. Bwahahahaha! If you're lucky, some nice mouse family will move into his bags before he picks them up.

Lisa--As they say in Utah, "Oh, fer CUTE!" That is adorable! And I think the trickiest part of uploading to a post is having to expand that window to see the word. LOL

Rhonda--Awww, how cute! I have a Zorro and a Brown Bear this year, and my daughter is going as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. My sister already had the Dorothy dress! The older 3 have mysterious plans. I guess that means they're not babysitting for me! We are really lucky--Hewlett Packard has a "Trick or Treat" every Halloween. We get to walk up and down the cubicle aisles in the nice warm building. You know you are done when the kids can't lift their candy bags anymore.

Paula--I'm so glad you get to have AJ in your home today! I hope this extra couple days makes it a little smoother for him and all of you.

Let's see, I had to spend what was left on my birthday Archivers gift card yesterday. I bought another bottle of UltraClean, a paper piercer, and the little glue dots in a dispenser. I'll let you know if you HAVE to have one of those.

I didn't buy the cute little pink Bind It All pouch with a wire cutter in it. I think my 9yo daughter would have "stolen" it to use with her Polly Pockets. And I think the price was $10???? So funny what people will pay for.

We had our children's program performance at church today--nobody threw up! (You just never know with 80 children up on a stage.) So what if it was 30 minutes longer than it was supposed to be. I get to hide behind the piano, so it's all good.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes